[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I admit to being a newfag so I'm not sure if this has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Rifle_AK-47.jpg (64 KB, 800x460) Image search: [Google]
Rifle_AK-47.jpg
64 KB, 800x460
I admit to being a newfag so I'm not sure if this has been discussed to death or not.

I mostly use my semi-auto M1 Garand and bolt-action Arisaka at the range. I also have an M16.

Now saying this, I've recently tried my friend's AK-47 and I have to say that I have no idea why this gun is so popular. Yes I know it's insanely cheap w/ a small amount of parts, but the recoil is utter trash and this is coming from someone who lifts. The gun has terrible comparative stopping power and the proj. drop is also worse at a distance.

Surely someone else agrees with me here or am I just wrong?
>>
>>29533500
>M16
>Recoil is trash
>Terrible stopping power

Sure is bait in here.
>>
>>29533500
It's cheap, idiot-proof and lasts a long time, if you're a poorfag country running an army of conscripted hicks and goons, it makes sense.

It has since become iconic due to it's proliferation. The ballistics are fine, but the later 5.45 offered longer range and better accuracy, with lower recoil and ballistics comparable to the 5.56

>Surely someone else agrees with me here or am I just wrong?
Judging by your post, you have a limited understanding of the subject.

I won't disagree with you that the AR-15 is way better, but the AK is still good.
>>
File: 1123452778236.png (899 KB, 1603x1025) Image search: [Google]
1123452778236.png
899 KB, 1603x1025
>>29533500
>I admit to being a newfag
Then stop posting and start lurking
>>
>>29533500
> use arisaka and M1 Garand at the range

I hope its a private range, because if its public then youre a fag. Its the equivalent of playing your 3DS in public
>>
>>29533500
>the recoil is utter trash and this is coming from someone who lifts

lifting weights doesn't really help manage recoil, you want shooting instruction and practice for that.
>>
File: 12332453758.jpg (18 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
12332453758.jpg
18 KB, 480x270
>>29534652
>>
>>29534652
>you shouldn't take certain weapons to the range because some random cuckstain might get hurt feels

Nu-male detected.
Living a life like that is far more pathetic than just doing what the hell you want and accepting that you'll meet assholes.
>>
>>29534652
You are an idiot and the worst kind of gun owner.
>>
OP please try harder next time.
Sad thing is this'll get 300 replies.
>>
>>29534652
>Its the equivalent of playing your 3DS in public
So there's nothing wrong with it then?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.