[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to enlist in the army and go MP it really interests me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: USAMPC-Regimental-Insignia.png (375 KB, 600x667) Image search: [Google]
USAMPC-Regimental-Insignia.png
375 KB, 600x667
Looking to enlist in the army and go MP it really interests me for some reason. However I hear a lot bad things about being an MP like others well hate me or 99% of the time I'll be guarding a post, lots of paperwork, etc. I was hoping there were other MP's on here who could share advice and experience on here. Lastly, I don't wanna go infantry because I thought peace time infantry is supposed to suck, I'll still considering it though.

Any thoughts?
>>
Bump, please help
>>
>>29528854
You cn't spell wimp without the MP! LOL. Or my favorite, You can't spell MP without the: My wife likes to get fucked in the ass by a big black cock while I'm away on deployment because i'm an MP.
>>
>>29528854
You'll have women in your unit if you are military police. And by god, please trust me, you do not want to deal with fucking females.
>>
yeah, ppl gonna hate you since many MP are assholes sometimes. Yeah it will be a lot of checking ID at the gates
>>
>>29529106
They aint always too bad. Did 3 years as an MP, and OP, the worst of it is the suicides.
>>
>>29528854

If I was going MP I'd try to get a 31K slot first and foremost but that aside just do it. Yeah, no shit people aren't going to like you, does anyone like the person who enforces the rules; especially in an environment that fosters alcohol abuse and domestic violence?
>>
Kinda related question(s).
If I go Marine reserves do I still go to the school of infantry?
Also, my eyesight isn't great at a distance, I can see fine but can't read for shit unless its in big letters. Don't need glasses to drive legally or anything, but would that work negatively against me?
>>
>>29529106

They can't all be that bad, right?
>>
>>29523470
>>29523470
>>29523470
>>
>>29529399
Just don't fucking do it. No matter what. I know you will ignore my advice and pay total attention to your dick but don't ever say nobody warned you.

Pretend females in the military are the enemy and you will have a successful career. Deviate from that and you will fall hard.
>>
>>29529214
Bump for answer please
>>
>>29529681
Yes, you go to SOI even as a reservist

I don't know, a recruiter is the best bet for a solid answer. What was waiverable before may not be accepted nowadays, and vice versa. Only way to know for sure is from the horse's mouth.
>>
>>29528854
Unless you are dog handler (which is its own MOS now I'm pretty sure), CID, or SRT, I see no point in being an MP

Literally just an overworked, underpaid security guard/ babysitter hybrid
>>
>>29530107

SRT is it's own MOS?
>>
>>29530107
CID is the fucking rocking job The bomb. Dress in civilian clothes every day. Investigations, sting ops, you have it made in the shade.
>>
>>29528854
Ahahahaha, hope you enjoy stag duty.
>>
>>29530212
Nope. But you can try out from MPs
>>
File: AlbumArt.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
AlbumArt.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>29528854
I'm an ROTC cadet trying to branch MP in a couple years.

My dad was an MP for 27 years enlisted and he loved it.
>>
Can you stand in the same place for 12 hours and check ID cards?

You're hired!
>>
>>29529184
the suicides?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.