[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One in the pipe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: jwj-gun-free-ut-rally-0237.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2180) Image search: [Google]
jwj-gun-free-ut-rally-0237.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2180
My university has put into place a policy for the new campus carry law going into effect August 1st. I have been reading it over the last weeks, and the only thing that I am upset about is the fact that you aren't allowed to carry with one in the pipe. This is the school's determination, not part of the law.

Is there any way to argue against this stipulation? I read over the bill text and couldn't find any specific language that might say otherwise, but I definitely feel like this rule is a hindrance to legal concealed carriers.

While on the topic, for those who carry condition 1 what would you do in this situation?

I feel like I should carry with one in the chamber anyways despite the regulation. There should be no reason I would be forced to hand over my gun for inspection, but under the rare hypothetical circumstance that shit goes completely wrong and I'm dealing with the police, will the fact that I was carrying with one in the chamber effect me in the eyes of the law?

Getting expelled is the least of my worries. I just don't want to go to jail, lose my rights, or be ruled unjustified over a technicality if there's an incident.
>>
>>29525435
I don't think there is a legal distinction between a loaded and charged firearm and one that's "only" loaded. Hell, most places that legally ban firearms wouldn't care if it was condition 4.

TL;DR: You know your rights.
>>
>>29525435
>Most of the developed world is a gun-free zone (that's kind of how it works)
>no guns = no violence

Jesus, I literally cannot comprehend the logic of this garbage. Makes me somewhat thankful I didn't grow up living a sheltered life.
>>
>>29526501
*>more guns = more violence

Apparently I can't remember shit either.
>>
>>29525435
If it's not in the law I would imagine their policy is meaningless outside of the threat of expulsion
>>
>>29525435

But what if you're carrying a revolver? Are you supposed to carry on one empty chamber like it's an old BP revolver or something?
>>
>>29525435
So this is going down at UT, eh? Have they made any provisions for revolvers, derringers, or single shot pistols, or is this only for semi-autos?

There's no way in hell you'd be legally convicted either way, and the worst that could happen is expulsion. And even if they DID expel you, you're in Texas. Just take that shit to court and you'll be perfectly fine.
>>
Just get one of those holsters that racks the gun when you draw:
http://youtu.be/-5H2GYOhKtM

Or you could also stop being a faggot.
You go to fucking school, and not just any school, you go to UT! The entire city of Austin is 99% pussy hipsters and numales; you don't need to be ready to blast niggers at all fucking times.
>>
Come to A&M.
>>
>>29526581
carry 5-6 revolvers and just new york reload
>>
Can they legally force you to so much as unholster your gun?
>>
Whats wrong with not allowing one in the chamber, especially in the context of a well lit public place, where you're not liable to get mugged at a moments notice.
>>
>>29526724
This
>>29526637
>>29525435
Fucking Austin should be flushed down the toilet with all those Cali faggots
>>
>>29526783
>unholster your gun!
>HELP HES GOING TO SHOOT ME
>>
>>29526735
Underrated post
>>
>>29525435
A-another UT /k/ommando?
>>
>>29526801
they think the gun will magically just decide to shoot the one in the chamber.

Or maybe they think all guns are Taurus tier and if you so much as jump, the round will go off in the holster.
>>
>>29526823
Austin is a pretty city and all but JESUS the people there are pushy. I think it's kind of ironic that the least pushy people in Texas are the people from small towns that Californians would consider "rednecks." As long as you mind your own business and act like a normal human bean, you won't be hanged by the neck until you are dead for liking cock. Yet I can't go down to Austin without being ambushed by some fucking hippie/lgbtqywt2fagm/soviet sympathizer assholes that looked like they dyed their hair to mirror the Baskin Robbins 31 flavors.
>I'm a queer that lived in California for 7 years.
>>
File: why do i keep doing this.png (34 KB, 803x628) Image search: [Google]
why do i keep doing this.png
34 KB, 803x628
>how will I be able to use my gun effectively if I have to rack the slide!?
manlet thread?
>>
>>29525435
>I feel like I should carry with one in the chamber anyways despite the regulation.
Just do the Israeli draw. Most defensive gun uses only require you draw your weapon. I doubt you'll run into a guy who has a gun trying to rob you, in which case drawing anyway would get you killed, chambered or not. If they're armed with a knife, you probably have time to pull the slide.

And if it's a mass shooter unless you're the first victim you'll probably have time (realistically though you'd not even be in the same part of the campus if there ever was one, and you wouldn't be smart to try chasing him down).

Just abide by the rule. You'll be fine.
>>
>>29525435
Is this policy a UT system thing? Or just at UT(Austin)?
>>
>>29525435
>concealed carry means actually concealed

>they can't prove you're carrying OITC

Fuck them
>>
>>29526878
Holy fuck you too?
>>
>>29527082
Yup. You hear about that chick that was murdered in Waller creek?
>>
>>29525435
>This is the school's determination, not part of the law.

No, the government has already been over this. They are not allowed to restrict chambered (normal) carry.

This is your daily reminder that an unchambered handgun is as useful as a a wet banana.
>>
>>29527334
Less useful, actually. I can't eat an unchambered handgun (not yet at least. I'm working on it)
>>
What about a revolver? Have to keep an open chamber?
>>
>>29525435
>every person there is an old white man or woman
Every time

At any rate, argue with them that the policy is infringing the second amendment rights and the right to self defense of everyone in the dorms. Bonus points if you have a friend that's black or asian that's progun and have them speak with you
>>
>>29526925
I can attest to this. I've lived back and forth from Austin and Houston my entire life and really shit has gotten this bad very recently. San Marcos is now more like what Austin used to be.
>>
>>29525435
UTD Student here, just read that we are not allowed to carry inside the buildings? Is that even legal?
>>
the best part is reading how Fenves is twisting himself into knots writing the rules
>"after much consideration"
>"w-we don't like it but the law says..."

just carry unchambered. practice israeli drawing. or carry a wheel gun.
>>
>>29527649
No, you can carry anywhere. The school is lieing to you, their rules aren't valid.
>>
>>29525435
OP, it seems and is bullshit for carriers, but the risk mitigation side of me understands why. It's a way to drastically reduce the # of potential NDs which could lead to someone getting hurt, property damage, and someone suing the school over inadequate safety protocols (probably wouldn't gwt far but it is still siginficant because of reputation, a company's biggest yet often overlooked asset) These risks could cost the school a LOT of money with insurance and whatnot, so to counter that, they've implemented this policy. It isn't some anti gun thing most likely, just the board of directors looking out for the bottom line and company reputation.
tldr, sucks but it's understandable
>>
>>29527701
I understand that they can't enforce/state such a rule but in the event that I get caught carrying in class the admin/police will possibly abide by such rule and I don't want to get shot by the police for lawfully carrying or expelled.
>>
>>29527732
No, don't surrender your rights you cuck.
>>
>>29527743
I am not surrendering any of my rights and will carry in class however, in the event of staff/police abiding by such a bogus rule what can one do in that immediate situation?
>>
I go to UT austin also i fucking hate everyone here this school is run by liberal fags and cucks. They seem to believe carrying dildos is a more effective deterrent against active shooters this school deserves to get shot up more than any other holy shit!
>>
>>29527786
not to mention after that girl got murdered here on monday theres all these faggots offfering martial arts classes to give women a false sense of security
>>
>>29527793
>martial arts aren't useful
>>
>>29525435
How the fuck are they going to know if you carry with one in the pipe?

I think the point is to prevent NDs, and if you ND in public you're a fucking ass anyway. If you're not a retard, carry condition 1.
>>
>>29526801
> especially in the context of a well lit public place

Oh, do you just live and stay in the classroom forever, or do you walk or ride through other areas to get there?
>>
>>29526724
Man parts of cstat and most of Bryan are some dirty ass towns though, it's fun as fuck going to school there if your parents don't mind putting you up in the nice part of town.
>>
>>29527786
>everyone is mentioning shit like pepper spray or not going out at night
>no one brings up packing heat
Fuck this gay ass school
>>
>>29527214
not him but yes it was right next to my TA's room
>>
>>29527800
women who think they can take on a rapist with a few months of 1 hours practice and no conditioning are just gonna get themselves hurt . just like the nerd who takes TKD for a few months and thinks he can finally fight the bigger bullies
>>
>>29527800
they arent if youre fucking 90 pounds and only take 2 lessons
>>
>>29526724
>>29526823

this t b h s m h f a m
>>
>>29527014
Just UT Austin. Every school gets to have their own rules.
>>29527649
It likely isn't and when reviewed by the state they'll have to change it.
They can restrict carry in certain locations but they have to allow carry to most of the school. Those places seem to be stadiums and research labs mostly.
>>
>>29526695
>he thinks Austin is nigger free
I wish
>>
>>29527761
Say you'll sue the ever loving shit out of them.
>>
>>29527982
>>29528091
Sounds good.
>>
>>29526783

Only Law Enforcement can ask you to unholster your gun, or atleast give it to them holster and all.

If some POS security guard ask you to holster your gun, you can tell them to go fuck themselves
>>
I'm a University of Houston /k/ommando, and they haven't done anything like that, but they made the student centers and pretty much any place where you eat during the normal two semesters because there "may be kids there" and they pretty much made every other building gun-free as well during the summer and winter sessions
>>
>>29527861
>women who take on a rapist with shit training are just going to get themselves hurt
As opposed to what? What is the alternative, just lay there and take it?

Their desire to learn how to defend themselves means they could be open to CCing or at least pocket sriracha. If anything this is an opportunity to grow our numbers and seek /k/onverts.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.