[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, K Wife has a Mossberg Maverick 88 SHe was watching me fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: mossberg bullpup.jpg (18 KB, 396x216) Image search: [Google]
mossberg bullpup.jpg
18 KB, 396x216
So, K
Wife has a Mossberg Maverick 88
SHe was watching me fuck around and upgrade my Ak and wants me to do something similar with her mossberg.
Sadly i don't really know shit about shotguns and so i had a few questions.
1) whats the difference between a Maverick 88 and a 500?
2) mandatory upgrades? i know the bullpup conversion kit is a bit overkill and gives you the typical bullpup problems. but what would i need for overhaul her shotgun?

>aside from napalm rounds.
>>
>>29514161
>>aside from napalm rounds.

Explosive rounds then I guess.
>>
1 safety location, and how the forend is attached. you need to replace the whole assembly if you want to change furniture.
2 dont. upgrading budget guns is stupid. you end up sinking money into something where the base is still mediocre. if she wants to play barbie buy her an ar
>>
>>29514234

There are a couple of cheap accessories he could get to improve it. Like a shell holder mounted on the side of the receiver or maybe a RDS?
>>
>>29514245
cheap shellholders suck dick. unless he wasnys to spend 90 bucks for mesa on a gun thats worth 200. this doesnt result in a gun thats worth 290 like idiots on armslist belive. its still worth 200
>>
>>29514245
RDS?

>>29514234
and yea i agree with you i wasn't planning on sinking another 400 into a bullpup conversion because the base gun isnt worth that alone
, but im still not gonna tell her no im sure there are some cheap things that might make her more interested.

and also yea im easing her into an Ar
>>
>>29514328
sorry i feel stupid.
red dot?

just feels weird slapping one of those on a shotgun and didnt even consider it.
>>
>>29514381
Get a hunting barrel if you want longer range. Otherwise, it's fine. Mavericks are plain shotguns that take any 12 gauge that that you feed them. For $200, you really shouldn't expect much else.
>>
>>29514381

Yeah, Red Dot Sight.

I can see why you would say it seems weird, but it really does give you much better vision of the target. She could always swap the RDS onto the AR-15 in the long run, so it wouldn't be a waste.
>>
>>29514576
it came with a 28 inch barrel I think im good on size

>>29514641
yea not a bad idea. i gotta get a picatinny rail for the gun first though.
>>
>>29514657

Yeah, but if it's just a single rail screwed on top of the receiver, that shouldn't be too expensive to do.
>>
>>29514161
You could go for a shorter barrel and different furniture. I've got a Magpul stock/forearm set for my 870 in the mail. I played around with a Magpul edition 870 at a gunstore the other day and shit was cash. You could also go for a side mounted shell holster, ghost ring sights, and a flashlight or something. Thats probably as overhauled as you're gonna get unless you wanna go retarded on it.
>>
>>29514721
yea i think thats probably the first thing im going to do.
>>29514742
how hard was it to install the side mounted shell older? its just sitting on a rail isnt it?
truth be told i dont think shes interested in changing the furniture on it. she kinda likes the standard setup.
>>
>>29514161
This. Is this NY legal?

I need to know. Because reasons.
>>
>>29515056
it's a pump-action. AFAIK, all manual-action funs are OK, even in less free states.
>>
>>29514797
>Ghost ring sights
>On a shotgun.
Why? If only because I've heard other people say that this is a pretty bad idea.
>>
>>29514657
18" barrel

Raptor grip.

We Book of Eli now.
>>
>>29514245
I have one that attaches with velcro.its actually pretty nice.
>>
>>29514245
Don't be afraid to buy cheap shellholders. Just buy two at a time, because that shit is going to break often with any kind of hard use. So just have spares around.
>>
File: 1458647755532.png (9 KB, 545x324) Image search: [Google]
1458647755532.png
9 KB, 545x324
>>29515056
Seems to be kosher in NY. Here's a handy little tool to find out if something is an assault weapon: http://programs.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/registration-questionnaire

That said, I dunno about NY, but in NJ we have a list of guns banned by name, so you wanna check that too.
>>
>>29515380
Danke schoen. IIRC, no named list here in NY. Just wasn't sure if NYSAFE had an independent clause for length.
>>
Just Cerakote it.
>>
>>29514310
Why do they suck, do they hold on to the shell too tight?
>>
>>29515609
Cheap ass construction. Shitty flimsy plastic, shit metals, crappy mounting mechanisms, poor fitting. They're considered a slightly gimmick product, so there's tons of crap and the good shit is often overpriced.
>>
>>29515646
i think i found a mesa versioun of the side saddle carrier for 50 bucks.
>>
How much do heat shields generally weigh? If I buy one will the weight increase be detectable
>>
>>29515790
It's a mass of metal designed for nothing more than adding conductive mass to share heat. So for the size of the thing, I'd wager they're pretty heavy.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (43 KB, 717x282) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
43 KB, 717x282
>>29514245
>>29514310
>>29514797
>>29515358
>>29515609
>>29515646
>>29515729

hard shell holders made out of plastic or metal invariably break over time, crack, and add lots of weight to an already heavy weapon. not to mention expensive ($50+ for a decent one)

I would look into velcro "shotgun cards" (pic related - ose. Just slam a piece of female velcro on the side of the receiver and throw on cheap cards as needed. cheap, durable, easily replacable/customizable, and pretty neato
>>
>>29516246
>hard shell holders add lots of weight

What the fuck? Do you have lady arms or something? Mine weighs 6 ounces.
>>
>>29516246
Plus velcro looks cheap as fuck.
>>
>>29516381
hes right
its not just the weight that makes hard shell holders shit its the added bulk
it makes the gun an inch thicker and makes it unbalanced
>>
>>29514742
That shotgun is tacticool as fuck
>>
>>29515177
I don't personally have them on mine,I like a bead myself, but I've heard a lot of people recommend them.
>>
>>29515177
Ghost rings are better for tactical applications since soldiers will be used to the Ghost Rings of a rifle, so switching to a shotgun with Ghost Rings will be familiar. Great for slugs.

However, for hunting or shooting clays...traditional hunters or sport shooters like the open field of view you get with just a simple bead and using an English Archer's like muscle memory to lead the target while staring down the barrel they say it's more fun for those uses.

Unless you were raised with hunting shotguns with beads and form a biased opinion for it, there is no harm in starting with a ghost ring, but once again it's all up to your eyes and mentality.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.