[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conscription thread - share tips and tricks about conscription
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12
File: IMG_9986.jpg (84 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9986.jpg
84 KB, 427x640
Conscription thread - share tips and tricks about conscription in your country and your experiences
>>
>conscription

That's how you tell your country is a shithole not worth fighting for.
>>
>>29512455
So every notable country ever during at least one point in history.
>>
>>29512214
>Conscription

“I also think there are prices too high to pay to save the United States. Conscription is one of them. Conscription is slavery, and I don't think that any people or nation has a right to save itself at the price of slavery for anyone, no matter what name it is called. We have had the draft for twenty years now; I think this is shameful. If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say: Let the damned thing go down the drain!”

- Robert Heinlein
>>
>>29512482
Meanwhile your national enemy has conscription and can field forces far greater than yours.
>>
>>29512496
>If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say: Let the damned thing go down the drain!
>>
>>29512496

I know reading is hard, but just try it, would you?

"If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say: Let the damned thing go down the drain!”

What you're advocating is the enslavement of a nation to suit the political will of its rulers. If the people don't want to fight your shitty war, the answer is not "make them slaves", anon.
>>
>>29512482
>>29512455
>I live in a large country whose defense is answered by an equally titanic standing army and I therefore condemn those tiny countries who have mandatory conscription to augment their tiny standing armies.
You know who else has voluntary armies? Chinks and Ivan.
>But they have Conscription!
...that isn't utilized. China for example would face a nightmare logistical scenario if they did what countries with conscription do.
>>
>>29512503
>>29512508
And following his ideology, any country with an actual military threat and an actual budget would be conquered. Not every nation can solve it's military conflicts by throwing more ordnance at the enemy.

>What you're advocating is the enslavement of a nation to suit the political will of its rulers. If the people don't want to fight your shitty war, the answer is not "make them slaves", anon.
Conscription for defensive wars only, never for wars abroad.
>>
File: mosaleiri.png (258 KB, 800x1089) Image search: [Google]
mosaleiri.png
258 KB, 800x1089
inb4 thread full of Finns sprouting ebin memes
>>
>>29512482
>Robert "I did not even see combat" Heinlein.
>>
>>29512520
>any country with an actual military threat

Countries with an actual military threat would be defended by their free citizens, who would volunteer.

Conscription is for shit-tier dictatorships that need to enslave people to get anything done. It's not a fit choice for a nation where the people rule the government, instead of the other way around.

This is pretty basic shit, OP.
>>
>>29512542
>slavery is automatically correct because *I* guarded a water dump in iraq for six months

Thank you for your service.
>>
>>29512520

>Conscription for defensive wars only, never for wars abroad.
Ahh yes, there's always an acceptable time to make people slaves.
>>
File: 1459359647378.jpg (54 KB, 350x383) Image search: [Google]
1459359647378.jpg
54 KB, 350x383
>slavery is OK as long as you send them to die in a war
>>
I actually support conscription but OP's argument that we should enslave people and then kill them is so pants-on-head-retarded I don't even know where to begin.

Just delete this shitty thread already.
>>
>>29512552
>Conscription is for shit-tier dictatorships
By all means, feel free to call Finland, Singapore, South Korea dictatorships.

If anything, modern dictatorships love monopolyzing military force/knowhow and keep to volunteer armies complete with rhetoric on how they are above civilians.
>>
>>29512552
>Countries with an actual military threat would be defended by their free citizens, who would volunteer.
And they wouldn't have the training to function as an actual credible military force, nor would there be time to train them once the conflict begins.

>It's not a fit choice for a nation where the people rule the government, instead of the other way around.
No such country exists.

>>29512577
Because it needs to be acceptable to work as intended. It quarantees a capable military force for small countries without the funds to support a fully volunteer military of equal size. It works and if you don't like it then tough fucking luck.
>>
>>29512584
>theft is ok as long as you use the money to help others
>violence and murder are ok as long as you use it to enforce society's rules
Welcome to modern society. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>29512595
>By all means, feel free to call Finland, Singapore, South Korea dictatorships.

Typically I would have ignored this idiotic strawman, but as it happens, those places actually are shit-tier dictatorships.

South Korea, in particular, was literally a fascist dictatorship in the style of Mussolini before the USA stepped in and started helping them. There's a veneer of democracy pasted onto it these days, but at the core of that country is a single ruling party that's held power for most of the past century.

That's what happens when you live next to North Korea.
>>
>>29512618
>No such country exists.

Oh, wow. So your argument is now literally "every single country on earth has enslaved its citizens, so it's OK to make them slaves".
>>
>>29512657
My argument is that no country on Earth exists where the people rule the government instead of the other way around.
>>
File: Religion Threads.png (4 KB, 72x72) Image search: [Google]
Religion Threads.png
4 KB, 72x72
>>29512643
>Ackshully *nyuhuk* I would have ignored this idiotic strawman, but as it happens, those places actually are shit-tier dictators-
>>
>>29512663
>what is democracy
it works pretty good in smaller countries, see nordics.
>>
>>29512663

So your argument is now literally "every single country on earth has enslaved its citizens, so it's OK to make them slaves".

Just say that, it's a lot more honest and less wordy.
>>
>>29512682
Who have conscription. Hmm...
>>
newsbreak!
conscription wins wars!

better to have the system in place for when WW3 happens.

and calling it slavery is BS, you just have to flee the country to get away, you still have the choice. or you can do jail time instead.
>>
>>29512682
You're talking to a Finn here. You're deluded if you think the people rule themselves instead of the government. What people do is they vote a bunch of useless fucks into the parliament, where they then proceed to betray their voters and act based on their own interests.

>>29512696
Stop strawmanning so hard, you dumb cunt. Slavery is not ok and I don't give a fuck if it is. If you don't want to get conscripted, leave the country or go to jail. Or alternatively depose the entire governmental system and form a new one.
>>
>>29512705

No democracy has conscription.
>>
>>29512711
>conscription wins wars!

I guess that's why the US won the vietnam war, right? And the Germans in the 40's?

Conscription totally saved their bacon. Yep.
>>
>>29512705
democracy and conscription go hand in hand, see the greek city states in antiquity.
>>
>>29512711
>>29512713

IT'S NOT SLAVERY! YOU JUST HAVE TO LEAVE EGYPT, WORK FOR PHARAOH, OR KILL PHARAOH! YOU HAVE A CHOICE!
>>
>>29512536
based finland at least have a relatively OK defense unlike my shithole sweden.

imma move to Vasa if SHTF here so i dont even have to learn finnish
>>
>>29512713

You're literally arguing in favor of slavery. How are you so dense that you can't see that?

Conscription is slavery. That is what it is. That's what the word means. That's the practical result of doing it. It is slavery. You are enslaving people.

What's it going to take to get this point through your thick head?

If you are in favor of conscription, which means slavery, then you are in favor of slavery. You cannot say that you are not in favor of slavery but that you are in favor of conscription. That's like saying you like Coca-Cola but hate soft drinks.

This is some kindergarten-level logic. It shouldn't take you this long to get.
>>
>>29512536
Are they the ones that carve the wooden cocks?
>>
>>29512729

This.

>it's not slavery you just have to do what we say and you don't have any choice in the matter
>>
>>29512729
You do have a choice. You can easily even go to a private doctor, get him to write you papers that get you dismissed from service. The people in charge don't want anti-authoritarian fuckwits, autists, greenleftshits and the like to serve. It's better for everyone if they just get their C papers, do civil service or go to prison.

>>29512745
Yes, I'm in favour of that brand of slavery. I'm also in favour of them having the choice of civil service, which they do have. Sue me. It's better for Finnish society and Finnish people and I value the collective more than the individual.
>>
File: 1459084493757.jpg (29 KB, 407x300) Image search: [Google]
1459084493757.jpg
29 KB, 407x300
>>29512745
>not wanting to proudly defend your country
>not wanting to get those free life-skills training
>not wanting to inna-woods and shootan guns
>>
>>29512729
>oh my god, I can't believe there are duties and responsibilities when you live in a society
>I thought I was only here to enjoy the benefits!
>can't believe that I, an able bodied young man, should have to defend the nation when it's under attack!
>>
>>29512729
but the pyramids were built by highly skilled workers that got paid and housed, not by slaves...
>>
>>29512772
>free military training
>free PT
>free explosives training
>get to shoot stuff
>get to blow stuff up
>get to operate against targets with your buddies
>get to fight a playwar against other conscripts with a pseudo MILES system and blanks
>get paid to do it
>>
>>29512811
It's not free anon, you end up paying for it when you get a job and pay taxes
>>
>>29512801
Conscripts get paid and housed as well.
>>
>>29512729
>in a club
>club has to clean up their shit
>everybody has to join
>you dont want to
>clean or we'll kick you
>WAAAAH slavery!

only hippies are against conscription, every able man should be capable of defending his country.
if he wants it or not.

and yes, its slavery. only not in legal terms
>>
>>29512536
this thing is terrible accurate across most of Skandinavia ....
>>
File: 1386250949960.jpg (77 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1386250949960.jpg
77 KB, 480x640
>>29512752
Absolutely.

>>29512819
It's free for the recipient. I could leave the country right now and never pay another dime for it.
>>
>>29512767

>If you don't want to be a slave for the military you can be a slave for the civilian sector or go to prison
Is this what "freedom" is like?

>>29512784

The social contract does not fucking exist.

>>29512825

I'm not in a club. Just because you're born in a place doesn't mean that you need to choose between working for it or going to prison. Literal slavery.
>>
>>29512823
although it depends on what military you serve in, for most conscripts the pay is a joke

they give you some pocket change to cover expenses that the military hasn't already provided to you

at the end of my year as a conscript I got what is equivelant to a months pay in a working class job
>>
>>29512890
>Is this what "freedom" is like?
You live in the modern world, you don't have freedom.
>>
Conscription is very democratic way of organizing the defense of a state.
- Everyone has to put in time and contribute, rich, poor and everything inbetween. Otherwise it tends to be the young with the fewest opportunities dying for all of the others.
- It is a good defense against military coups and the military becoming a political power and similar (as long as the conscription does is equal and not weighted towards specific groups in society).
- It homogenizes the population by giving everyone a strong similar experience
- It creates are more open society, since the conscripts will be forced to meet, work and socialize across class, ethnicity and religion, and not just stay in they regular boxes.

A professional military might be a more effective fighting force but conscription is a democratic option
>>
File: 1426353097341.png (85 KB, 273x252) Image search: [Google]
1426353097341.png
85 KB, 273x252
>>29513072
>It creates are more open society, since the conscripts will be forced to meet, work and socialize across class, ethnicity and religion, and not just stay in they regular boxes.
>mfw it made me hate niggers even more
Lazy, fucking, worthless, shits.
>>
>>29513091

Hey, atleast now you know for "certain" and have your own experiences of meeting these people, rather than just being a predjudiced fuck
>>
>>29513123
You see, I'd met them before, I knew what niggers were like, but having to function in a military setting with them made it worse. Just glad there wasn't a single one in my platoon.
>>
>>29512214
Not worth serving if you're going to be a pogue
>>
File: mangaled bait.jpg (9 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
mangaled bait.jpg
9 KB, 236x236
>>29512745

Slavery = Conscription...

Are you baiting?

If war is thrust upon you and the government calls for its citizens to defend the country that is slavery?

How are you so dense you think repelling invaders isn't part of every person's duty?

Sometimes bloodshed is necessary, you've never lived or been to parts of the world that understand that.

So you speak from the comfort of your middle income american home.
>>
File: 1457638694455.jpg (34 KB, 480x469) Image search: [Google]
1457638694455.jpg
34 KB, 480x469
>>29512577

you might actually suffer from retardation
>>
File: My Maid, Our Army.jpg (64 KB, 450x595) Image search: [Google]
My Maid, Our Army.jpg
64 KB, 450x595
>>29512214
>Came here to learn about people in mandatory service countries.
>Thread ruined by American spastics who can't handle how different countries do different things.
I bet you fatties hate conscription because you'd die of basic PT.
>>
>>29512214
Don't countries with conscription often have some kind of alternative, non-military civil service program?
>>
If a country needs to force people into the military to save it from ruin, than it's already to late to save it. Conscript armies can only triumph over other, more repressive conscript armies.
>>
>Tips and tricks about conscription
>don't
>>
>>29514632
Not all of them.

A lot of them though.
>>
File: Tactical Police Gear2.jpg (41 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Police Gear2.jpg
41 KB, 650x365
>>29512214
Americans sure have a big mouth calling others third world countries for conscription when they have beat cops armed like this.

Fucks don't need SWAT anymore.
>>
>>29514689
Like Europe is any different? Especially with recent events in France and Belgium.
>>
>>29514689
as if cops actually go out like that. That pic was probably taken during the search for the boston bomber.
>>
>Love Finland but hate the government
>Still think it's a better option than Russia
>Fuck ruskies; they ain't coming here on my watch
>Free food, clothing and lodge
>Learn to operate innawoods (this time for real)
>shoot guns
>make friends for life
>free gym
>get paid enough to buy shit like coffee, cigarettes, beer, extra food and equipment
>demolitions training aww yuss!
>holy shit, did they just give each of us a pair of nvgs and red dot scope?
>learn about reconnaissance and unconventional warfare
>medical training that can be used both in civilian emergencies and when I go study to become EMT/paramedic
>leadership training
>Hold on, did you just say I have more job opportunities now with a chance of becoming a peacekeeper/instructor/officer?

Yeah, fuck off hippies. It's basically for the same purpose as was your militias; people defending their homes against a foreign oppressor. Sure there are some here who don't like the idea at first, but then again how many kids like to go to school? You learn the value of education later on in life and the same thing is with conscription based military service.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXbANM-zEtc
>>
>>29512772
>wanting people who don't want to or are too weak to be forced into it
>wanting to serve along side someone who doesn't want to be there.
>>
File: 1279835472334.jpg (110 KB, 601x599) Image search: [Google]
1279835472334.jpg
110 KB, 601x599
>>29514922
this
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.