[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: bullet338_1.jpg (59 KB, 338x300) Image search: [Google]
bullet338_1.jpg
59 KB, 338x300
Is it the Future? Or will it forever remain a niche?

I've never shot it before, please tell me your experiences and thoughts.
>>
>>29506005
Bump for interest.
>>
If you haven't shot 338LM yet you will have no reason to for the rest of your life, unless you suddenly become an ELR shooter

This is not a plinker, this is an expensive as fuck workhorse
>>
It'll never be more than a sniper cartridge due to OAL and barrel life issues. The US isn't going to adopt a 338LM MMG just because goat fuckers are shooting across mountain tops with enfields anytime soon.

tldr: 50bmg stronk, M2 is fine.
>>
>>29506005
.338Lapua rifles are chambered in $5 bills.

You are definitely asking the wrong board.....

Even if I had the $4750 for a mofuggin AWP, Id still buy a M82A1 with glass for ~$9k due to the fact you can actually buy mil surplus .50 for ~$1.50 per shot.
>>
>>29506005
Is it ever going to be what an infantryman or a designated marksman is carrying? Probably not. Is it going to become a common hunting round? No, except for game large enough and situations unusual enough to be back in the niche category. Is it for self defense? Nope.

Its an excellent round for the kind of extremely long range shooting very few people do.
>>
>>29506187
How the fuck am I asking the wrong board?
>>
>>29506217
Because this place is filled with poorfags and nogunz.
>>
>>29506217
nioggers here argue about how expensive 7.62x54r has become. and how 9mm is best handgun round cause its cheaper and FBI went back to it.

The last time I saw a Long Distance Precision shooting thread was 2009 /k/

we dont even have reloading threads anymore.
>>
>>29506248
There is a reloading thread directly below this one you double nigger.
>>
>>29506195
Pretty much this. It's a superb long distance round. Stable trajectory and retains its energy to a freaking long as distance. But it wears barrels out like crazy and yeah is chambered in 5 dollar bills. No one outside of well heeled long distance shooters or a few SpecOps teams are ever really going to make use of it without major changes in metallurgy or powders to bring down the cost of servicing it.
>>
>>29506165
Presumably the price could come down as the round gets more popular. Economies of scale, competition and all that. 300 blackout used to be stupid expensive too but it's much more reasonable nowadays.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.