[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Average British Perceptions of Firearms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1289x771) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1289x771
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuRfoWCCUI

Do the majority of British people really view airsoft and bb guns as being "real" guns? I mean I understand that they launch projectiles and can hurt when they hit you but by no means are they "actually" firearms. This guy is showing off his bb guns like they are the real deal. He gets the same fuzzy feeling handling a toy as most people do handling legitimate firearms.

What's up with this shit?
>>
>>29503775
Best he's going to get.
>>
>stick.jpeg
>>
>>29503775

BB guns? No.

Air rifles? To non-firearm owners, yes.

Typically you'll never normally interact with firearms unless you have an interest or are in the armed services or a police armed unit.
>>
>>29503775
>nu-male amateur film maker
>every film has guns and shooting in it
>>
>>29503775
"UKARA Licence" isn't a thing.

t. Bong

and no, most people aren't pudgy "film makers" that cater to teenagers and thing BB guns are firearms.
>>
>>29503775
I couldn't make it through the whole video. Does he actually own any real guns, or just toys?
>>
>>29503914
I think two of his guns are "decommissioned" firearms. So they were real guns, but then they were made to not be real guns so they'd legal. That's what he made it sound like at least
>>
>>29503775
>He gets the same fuzzy feeling handling a toy as most people do handling legitimate firearms.

You get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you could actually kill someone? Shouldn't be owning a firearm imo.
>>
>>29504057
wut?
>>
>>29504057

> Anon claims he gets a warm fuzzy feeling whenever he gets behind the wheel of his BMW M5

> "You get a warm fuzzy feeling at the thought of [illegal racing|drunk driving|other illegal activity]? You shouldn't own a vehicle."

This is you. You are better than this.
>>
>>29504057

Could say that about anything imho.
>>
>>29503775
I would shit on Britain for requiring a license for airshit but we require a license to carry despite it being the second fucking ammendment
>>
>>29504131

See that's a problem here on /k/, we [bongs] get a lot of flak for our state of firearm ownership, but (sadly) in America it isn't all milk and honey.

The internal pro-funs community should be more united.
>>
>>29503775
This is actually a good thing. It's hard for foreigners to understand how firearms are viewed here, how poisoned people's minds are against them.
People like this guy are rebelling, in their own small way, against the anti-gun establishment. We have actual gun owners too, but we're few and far-between, and almost all of us are hopeless fudds. Normalising "military-style" airsoft guns is a step, however small, towards normalising an enthusiasm for the real thing. It's all about breaking down taboos, and we have a lot of them to deal with.
>>
>>29504158
Fuck you redcoats. All of your best citizens immigrated to America. You're just a backwater now. A tourist trap.

Nobody cares what Englanders think about anything.
>>
All of the good English/British people died in the wars sadly.
>>
>>29503775
>Need a license to own what essentially is a child's toy
Fuck you
>But you get a license through shooting it at other people who are doing the same
Not so bad, but still, fuck you.

>shows off his guns like they're the real deal
People are probably just curious about his props, that's all.

>fuzzy feeling
What fuzzy feeling? He seems to treat them a tad bit roughly, maybe except for some of his more expensive shit (like decommissioned rifles).
>>
>>29504217

I disagree since Piers Morgan, Ricky Gervais and Liam Neeson and all those other libshits move over to you.

We matter enough to you that you allow us access to your Trident program and the F35 source code, so idk brah.
>>
>>29504296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R5NI-IrUU0

A time gone by.
>>
>>29504356
lol that's some good shit
>>
>>29504114
>You are better than this.
I'd wager he isn't.
>>
>>29503775

When you're deprived of the real thing long enough, you starr to get loopy. Feel rather unfortunate for those fellows, but they probably aren't the norm.
>>
File: FEELS.jpg (46 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
FEELS.jpg
46 KB, 500x338
>>29503790
This, It's the same thing as a baby chimp cuddling with a wire mesh mockup of a monkey in the place of it's actual mother.
http://users.rcn.com/napier.interport/cwm/experim.html
>>
>>29504183
>it's all about normalizing and breaking down barriers.
Godspeed you magnificent bastards, fight the system, restore your rights, and breakout your fellow citizens from the shackles of stupidity.
>>
>>29503775

Bong here, I went to college with this guy and he is just as annoying in real life. Please don't lump us all in the same boat as this faggot
>>
>Glock 1911's
>>
>>29504057
I mean I'm 6'5" at 220lbs and have done judo for the last 10 years of my life. I walk around knowing that I could easily kill most people around me. What are you going to do, ban my hands and feet to ensure that I don't misuse both my hard earned talents along with my imposing physique?
>>
>>29505409
Glock 1911 chambered in 9mm with 14 rd clips thank you very much
>>
>>29503775
The Scottish Government is pushing hard to put airguns on the same license as regular firearms.

The Scottish Government is full of shit.
>>
>>29505352
Ah fuck, I didn't expect feelz
>>
>>29504158
I suspect the real problem is that the ideological disparities between the US and the UK, Ausfalia, etc cause the rift.

You get Americans feeling pretty defensive when the Brits and Aussies start trying to tell them why Americans shouldn't be allowed to own "Firearm x" because it's scary and their own countries don't allow it.

So the Americans tell the UK and Aussies to cuck a cock and enjoy the limited rights that the UK and Ausfalia allow them to have.

If gun enthusiasts just united under the common banner of "we all like guns and we all support legal gun owners owning whatever they want" I suspect the dialogue would be very different.
>>
File: cleese.jpg (17 KB, 367x388) Image search: [Google]
cleese.jpg
17 KB, 367x388
>>29505409
>>
>>29505451
also Aussies say a massive fuck ton of retarded shit and generally fuck up threads for their own amusement then call it "just bantz"
>>
>>29505451

I hear you.

We've just had it over in the other thread brit thread though, I'm yet to see someone who is pro-funs in the UK and dislike the 2nd -- I love the constitution.

I wish we all did unite to support the right arm bears and/or bear arms.
>>
>>29504356
this was the most british thing ever. I expected my coffee to turn into tea at any moment.
>>
>>29503877
i dont know if it helps us or hurts us.
>>
>>29504057
Shit b8 m8
>>
>>29503775
They've been stuck on that island too long.
>>
I died inside

but liked the Candy Cane Santa gun. Will consider a build project for Halloween.
>>
>>29505516
This.

all us anglos need to unite under the common banner of "we all have natural rights and one of them is the right to own whatever rifle we want so long as we are capable adults"
>>
>>29503775
>"Glock 1911"
Sperg levels rising
>>
File: 1456898956451.jpg (557 KB, 783x1403) Image search: [Google]
1456898956451.jpg
557 KB, 783x1403
>>29504057
pic related
>>
>>29505412
Sorry Bro, please don't hurt me
>>
>>29506972
I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that..
>>
File: image.png (231 KB, 4499x4317) Image search: [Google]
image.png
231 KB, 4499x4317
well most teens and young adults have never seen let alone fired a real gun(but not me beacause luckily my grandfather was a keen shooter and hunter) but they love their guns from vidya and think they are firearms experts because they watch FPSrussia and can identify famous meme guns. most kids get airsoft guns because they like guns but can't get them

I find it funny that this nu-male thinks that it is weird and bad to like bb guns and seems almost apologetic about owning them(but then he seems like the type who wears a So Sorry T-shirt while his "significant other" pleasures an afro-caribbean bull)

>>29504356

I remember listening some real cockpit audio from an aussie sunderland crew and they really did talk to each in that formal way even when shit was getting real

I can't be bothered finding and copying a link as I'm posting from my phone because I got a 1 month ban for mentioning I had just legally slept with a 16 year old boy I'm friends with(I guess /lgbt/'s pro-bono hotpocket aficionado was enraged that a 16 yr old twink and a 18 yr old twink were passionately making love while nobody has ever touched his 3" calloused dick)
>>
>>29504296
>>29504356
Looks like the sun set over the British Empire.
>>
>>29508404
</3
>>
>>29504217
Stop being 12 faggot.
>>
>>29503775
>Do the majority of British people really view airsoft and bb guns as being "real" guns?

No. You're a moron.
>>
>>29503775
I'd usually say

>britcucks

but since I'm a francuck and we are going to get the brit gun control treatment this summer (semi-auto firearms banned, handguns possibly banned, internet sales banned, starter guns and replicas being considered actual weapons legally speaking, etc) as well as the new EU deactivation standard... Yeah, I guess we are all on the same boat now.
>>
>>29504183
I honestly hope you succeed.
>>
>>29505451
Anyone who owns guns and posts on /k/ wants maximum liberties and rights regardless of the nationality. If someone here tells you gun/thing X should be banned they are most probably just trolling you.

These ideological differences are inside your head because of American stereotypes of other nationalities not owning or even liking guns.

Sure, british or australian "liberal" is the same gungrabber as yours are, but their nationalists are pro gun just like your republicans are.
>>
File: 1451753929456.jpg (727 KB, 1841x1227) Image search: [Google]
1451753929456.jpg
727 KB, 1841x1227
https://youtu.be/tT3cPwV4uTk
>meeting brits with guns
>>
>>29505425
9 caliber, thank you.
>>
>>29506972
i was just about to say this. he seemed so proud of them too
>>
>>29503775
>I mean I understand that they launch projectiles and can hurt when they hit you but by no means are they "actually" firearms.

Legally speaking, in almost every jurisdiction in the world, the law views an Airshit gun in SOME CAPACITY as a firearm, weapon, imitation, etc. In many places, committing a crime with an Airsoft gun will consider you to have committed that gun while armed with a real weapon. In some places, Airsoft has the same regulation as real guns and there is almost no legal distinction between the two.

The US doesn't technically view Airsoft as a real gun on the federal level, but many places and some states how their laws / ordinance is written, Airsoft would apply. For example, some cities that ban the discharge of a firearm within city limits may have it worded to include Airshit and/or Paintball.

Airsoft can cause physical harm, and it can cause irreparable, serious bodily injury in some cases. It also slowly resembles real firearms to the point people can not tell the difference.

It is unquestionably a weapon, and can be used identically to one. It's like a baseball bat where it doesn't really become a weapon until you use it as such.
>>
>these... are glock 19-11s
Was, uh. Was that on purpose, or...
>>
>>29510543
>Sure, british or australian "liberal" is the same gungrabber as yours are, but their nationalists are pro gun just like your republicans are.

I don't know man, every time I see bongs or krauts on YouTube or something showing off their guns, they act totally cool with restrictions like safe requirements and shit.
>>
Guys a twat but to he fair he does actually immediately say they are toys. I've seen far more yank airsofter gear queers talking about their 'primary life taking asset' as if it was just that.
>>
>>29510631

It is called putting a brave face on ;_;
>>
>>29505432
From June a shotgun will be easier to acquire legally than an air rifle
Don't trust the snp
>>
>>29504296
You have to wonder what a massive sociological impact losing something like 1,300,000 military dead in the first 50 years of the 20th century. American military dead during the same period is less than half that number. France lost well over 1,000,000 between 1914-18 alone.

Entire generations of the best and bravest men died, so it's no wonder there is some amount of "softening" of the culture over generations.
>>
>>29503775
>TomSka

No thanks, hes a obvious lefty nu-male and also fucked up a show his friend made after he died
>>
>>29510614
Are you telling me my Johnson ,I have been polishing shooting off 5 time a day, is actually a weapon?

Bollocks!
>>
>>29510631
Well yeah, you are right on that. I guess its part >>29510674 and part not wanting to look too "dont tread on me" and "am I being detained" -esque so ti not lose their guns.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.