[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is the NRA gonna get of it's ass and get rid of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
When is the NRA gonna get of it's ass and get rid of the unconstitutional NFA?

Do they even have a plan for this? Are they just a bunch of fudds using their pre-1986 machine guns as investments? Are they even a serious organization or just a virtue-signaling circle jerk?
>>
>>29500196
Today
>>
>>29500196
Fuck the nra they are just some old assholes that sucked bush seniors dick when he banned weapon sales from other countries so us shit weapon companies could sell us variations of the m16. Fuck them
>>
>>29500196
New leadership
>>
>>29500225
Because the second amendment rights doesn't cover outside weapons from outside countries

The second amendment rights guarantees the right to possess and use firearms WITHIN the United States and any importation bans on firearms has no effect on the rights of owning guns in the United States nor does it interferes with the second amendment rights because it isn't directly effecting our rights to own guns

It's only effecting the importation of guns into the United States and besides common sense on this

>inb4 shitposts
>>
They're too busy running fucking Benghazi ads. Wayne LaPierre please go.
>>
>>29500445

0/10
>>
They're not perfect, but they're not terrible either. In any case, they're the best we have right now.
>>
>>29500445

just because the second amendment doesn't guarantee the right to imported weapons doesn't mean a lobbying organization shouldn't work to change a law to be better for its members

also, please learn the difference between "effecting" and "affecting." its affecting the credibility of your post, which wasn't very high to begin with
>>
Just saying, there are much more pressing matters in national and statewide gun politics. There are plenty of easier to achieve goals then removing the NFA.
>>
>>29500196
Well the NRA cannot get rid of the NFA. Congress or the SCOTUS can, however.

I swear, half of you are just as retarded as the anti-gunners.
>>
>>29500196
Buzzword bingo here.
>fudds with machine guns
>>29500445
Import bans do have an effect as they drive up the cost of gun ownership. It is painfully similar to poll taxes.
>>
>>29500523
The problem is that most NRA members are republicans. The GOP have become increasingly in favor of tariffs as the party has subsumed the white blue collar workers who were driven away by the Democrats social stances. As a result, we are pretty close to having no parties in Washington who support gun imports.
>>
>>29500568
It is a challenging time for politics in the US. I am a big believer in limited government intervention into the lives of citizens and a strong national defense and the two major parties are busy arguing over who gets to be authoritarian in a given area.
>nobodyisonmyside.ent
>>
>>29500520
and yet, they achieve nothing
>>
>>29500679
>achieve nothing

Besides OC Texas, helping to apply pressure to un-fuck Virginia, backing several constitutional carry bills, and organizing the stand against the AWB after Sandy hook.

Right now the biggest threat to gun rights isn't Obama trying to pass another AWB, it's a gun grabbing court justice, or someone like Clinton getting elected. They do a lot of work at the state level you don't see on the national stage. They're also backing the hearing protection act.

The NRA-ILA is also a separate organization from the NRA proper, the NRA does training and safety classes, the ILA lobbies. They have to share limited funding.

And with that limited funding they have to slowly push us back up the slippery slope. If they just come out and say "we wanna repeal the NFA," there will be as much backlash as a "ban all guns forever" bill. So they have to work against the antis, inch by inch.

>muh goa never compromised.
When's the last time the GOA was relevant in any way? When's the last time Shillary called the GOA a terrorist organization? They haven't compromised because they don't have the clout to force a compromise.
>>
>>29500196
Getting rid of the NFA is an unrealistic goal.

If you think otherwise, you're delusional. The NRA needs to keep doing their gun-ACLU thing, and pick and choose court cases to see more pro-gun interpretations make their way into caselaw.
>>
>>29500852
Also >>29500878 this.
>>
>>29500196
>NFA
>unconstitutional

Pick one.
>>
File: NCM_0493.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
NCM_0493.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1200
They gave me a cool hat.
>>
>>29500901
What a loser this guy is, everyone call him a loser.
>>
>>29500901
I pick 2. Fuck you I don't do what you tell me.

Loser.
>>
>>29500654

I am, anon.
>>
>>29500901
>infringing on the right of the people to bear arms
>not unconstitutional

>inb4 lol u dont need machinefunz
Federalist Papers No.29
>"...but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist.''
>Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped

Founding Fathers intended for the people of America to be as equally equipped as a standing army in order to preserve liberty. Nuclear weapons are not used by a standing army to enforce martial law, etc., but automatic weapons are.
>>
File: ents.jpg (430 KB, 1301x1139) Image search: [Google]
ents.jpg
430 KB, 1301x1139
>>29500965
Now we're two.
>>
>>29500901
LOSER
O
S
E
R
>>
>>29502226
And my axe
>>
File: isis-history-140415.jpg (78 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
isis-history-140415.jpg
78 KB, 620x349
>>29502226
Now we're three
>>
>>29500445
I think it does, but that point aside, it has had a very positive effect on the gun industry's political power.

We have US companies now manufacturing AK variants. These companies employ US citizens, make and source domestically for several parts, and contribute to local economies. We can't get many cheap guns from overseas, but the ball is moving in the right direction. The gun industry is growing domestically unlike most where they ship everything in from China. In the long term it will help protect the second amendment. In the short term is does screw over consumers and help domestic gun industry trade groups like the NRA.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.