[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First centerfire rifle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1459786661404.jpg (418 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459786661404.jpg
418 KB, 600x600
I'm looking for a first centerfire rifle.

I was debating between a Sig MCX 5.56 ($1600), FN FN-15 ($850), FN FNAR .308 ($900), Colt 6920 ($850), and a Spike's Tactical w/BAR Rail ($990).

If I get the Sig, I'm going to be low on money for a while, and I'd have to buy it real soon.
>>
>>29493469
build an AR15
>>
>>29493541
Why? I don't think I'm able to anyways IIRC.
>>
>>29493541
This

Building an AR is cheap and easy.

But if you really must buy something then I vote for the FN-15.
>>
>>29493555
Why aren't you able to?
>>
>>29493555
>I don't think I'm able to
can you use a hammer and punch? if yes, you can build an AR.
>>
>>29493569
Not 21.
>>
>>29493555
>555

Why don't you think you'd be able to?
If you don't build the upper and buy one made from PSA or something you don't need anything other than a table, punch, and hammer.
If you build the upper get an armorers wrench, torque wrench and a vise and you'd be g2g.
>>
>>29493555

are you able to operate a hammer and some other basic hand tools?
>>
>>29493572
I know that, but I can't buy a lower because ATF rules.
>>
>>29493574
Can someone buy one and gift it to you?
>>
>>29493588
No.

All my friends and family are anti-gun, underage, or neutral on guns.
>>
>>29493574
19 here, just have a parent or grandparent order the lower if possible, intra-familial transfers are easy in most states i believe. If anyone asks just say they gave it to you in a rifle configuration as a gift since there's no paperwork for familial rifle transfer, at least not in CA.
>>
>>29493601
You can try finding a lower on armslist or something. Private sales are still legal. Or just buy the FN. They are good reliable rifles.
>>
>>29493601
i would buy either the FN, LE6920-OEM2, or find someone on Armslist that is selling a lower, have them throw an upper on it and after the transfer give em the upper back
>>
What do you guys think about the FNAR? It felt nice, some controls were a bit wonky.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.