[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ lend me your sperg: Space Navy Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 3 cute2.jpg (54 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
3 cute2.jpg
54 KB, 500x583
I have a question /k/. Lets assume you have a large spaceship. Your large spaceship is well armoured and likes to fight other spaceships. For some reason, boarding actions are a thing.

What weapons do you use to defend against boarding actions?
If it's shotguns or something else because you're worried about penetrating the hull, then answer this please,
assume also your marines and their marines are armoured enough to so that only a slug will injure them.

Assume also, that to penetrate the armour of troops, a weapon will also penetrate the hull.

>wat do?

Additionally, battlefleet gothic is an ideal point of reference.
>>
>>29492522
That makes no sense.
An armored spaceship would have to survive micrometeorite impacts, which are objectively a bigger deal than even AP .50 BMG would be.
>>
>>29492522
>boarding actions are a thing

nope. OPs head gets sent back to /tg/ and the game eventually dies two weeks later.
>>
>>29492549

This is useful.

Then the thing about giving a shit about guns cracking the hull is rubbish and we can go full auto?

>>29492567
When did /k/ not enjoy thought exercises involving firearms? I figured this might make a nice change from "how many glider-borne Shermans are needed to kill a tiger?"
>>
>>29492522
Evacuate boarded bulkhead, seal it, vent atmosphere, if possible eject bulkhead.
>>
>>29492522
Burn all oxygen in the room.
>>
File: flood insurance.png (274 KB, 1000x456) Image search: [Google]
flood insurance.png
274 KB, 1000x456
Knock them down and t-bag their unconscious bodies. It's what the Chief would have wanted.
>>
File: my-nigga.jpg (42 KB, 552x464) Image search: [Google]
my-nigga.jpg
42 KB, 552x464
>>29492784
You, I like you.
>>
>>29492616
Yeah, modern arms could poke holes in the shuttle, and maybe the ISS, but anything that'd be realistically leaving earths gravity well would be immune to any and all personal arms.
>>
>>29492522
Probably ships are built with microwave emitters or something. Basically, marine party boards, room is sealed by officers at helm, then emitters are switched on in that room and marines are fried. Anyone remember microwave hallway scene in mgs4?
>>
>>29493526
>Yeah, modern arms could poke holes in the shuttle, and maybe the ISS
lmao no, just stop.

There's roughly a foot of composite armor specifically designed to stop impacts that grossly exceed anything put out by a man-portable ballistic weapon. To put it into perspective if you somehow teleported an MRAP up in orbit it would be mostly okay after a few weeks, but once you teleported it back down you'd notice that the windows would be all shot to shit and it would look like it got left out in some redneck's field and he used it for target practice. Why?

Motherfucking micrometeorites and debris. A single fleck of paint has more energy than a .308 when it's traveling at orbital velocity, and you can bet your sweet ass that there's a lot of paint flecks zipping around up there from all sorts of shit getting blasted by pebble-sized murder rocks.

Space is not your fucking friend.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.