[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay so lets talk tank tracks, i'm going to make a trac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: tank tracks.png (127 KB, 725x453) Image search: [Google]
tank tracks.png
127 KB, 725x453
okay so lets talk tank tracks, i'm going to make a track design with a 3d program, 3d print it and use the result as a model for a plaster cast with which i'm going to cast aluminum tracks for my rc tank
here's the (very basic) 3d modelling program

https://www.tinkercad.com/

and here are my design ideas so far

https://www.tinkercad.com/users/6UD8qJvY3l6-tank-tracks

so, any suggestions for how the tracks should be like?
>>
>>29489394
What's the scale of your tank? Also what model?
It's gonna be a bitch to drill and possibly ream every single link for the peg anyway.
>>
>>29489394
Looks nice and intricate, how much power will your tank have and what's its weight?
>>
File: tank track v2.png (135 KB, 725x453) Image search: [Google]
tank track v2.png
135 KB, 725x453
>>29491402
>>29491423
i'm using the electronics of my old buggy so about 1-2kg i will design the chassis myself.
i will place the pins of the tracks inside of the mold so that they form the holes and i wont have to drill them.
>>
>>29491454
also, i'm not sure if i can cast so intricate shapes so something like this might be better
>>
>>29491510
I was going to suggest 3D printing wax and doing investment casting but then I realized you'd have to do that for a couple hundred links so..

Even though tiger tracks are sexy as fuck simple shapes and reusable molds are definately the way to go.
>>
>>29491927
would you happen to know where i can order about 50 mm long tension springs in europe?
>>
>>29489394
>3d print

Sounds like an expensive way to make something that's not very hard to make
>>
>>29492202
how is it expensive? also, i tried to cut tracks from foamboard but it is very hard to do this precisely
>>
>>29492245
because the plastic is hundreds of dollars per spool

Granted if you're making only 1 and reusing it, it's not bad depending on the size, but that shit's expensive

I'm guessing you're using your colleges 3d printer?
>>
>>29489394
You desinging similar to something in this vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1d76evqjwU
>>
>>29492339
>>29492265
single track would be about 10mmx50mmx5mm so this would be just a rc tank.
>>
>>29492418
>measuring in mm

American imageboard champ
Give me that in real measurements
>>
>>29492418
see>>29492265
>I'm guessing you're using your colleges 3d printer?

If this is true, then price is irrelevant
>>
>>29492626
like 1 thumb wide and quarter thumbs long and eight of a thumb thick.
>>
>>29492638
i'm actually on the search for a 3d printer since we don't have one in every school here in yuropoorland, local university probably has one, idk if they let me use it, i'm a student though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.