[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: PPQ.jpg (102 KB, 1024x798) Image search: [Google]
PPQ.jpg
102 KB, 1024x798
Sup /k/ I just picked up a Walther PPQ 45 and put about 100 rnds through it. I generally feel more comfortable with .45's but I was sort of meh with the PPQ. I love the feeling in my hand, I love the trigger, and I love the sights but actually shooting it was a little disappointing. I might just need to get used to it. Anyone else have a PPQ in 45? Thoughts?
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>29489300
Wife uses ppx in 9 for EDC. Crisp trigger short reset easy spot sights and 16 round mag with almost too comfortable grip. Walther is the best value in guns. First timers or collectors won't be disappointed. She's more accurate with mine but no surprises @$600 more it'd Better be
>>
>>29489585
I was gonna pick up a 1911 for about $950 but sort of fell in love with the feel of the PPQ. Kinda wish I had gotten the 1911 but I saved money and I can always get a 1911 later. I don't foresee them being hard to find any time soon. Eventually I want to pickup an FNx .45
>>
>>29489300
>Sup /k/ I just picked up a Walther PPQ 45
If you don't want it I'll take it!
>>
File: 2601_1.jpg (157 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
2601_1.jpg
157 KB, 728x409
>>29490215
Have a series 80 1991 1911 but being so heavy &ammo cost ends up being safe queen.

Might I ask why the ppq? The p99 is badass as fuck
>Rewatched spectre other day
She only gave 400 out the door for her nib ppx. She's ordering some trig sights 500 rounds ammo and laser/light combo its still cheaper than either ppq or p99.

Personally for a grand it's gotta be some boss shit. 1911 I can understand the dough but few polymers impress me.

Bro carries sig he's got 320 in .45 it's nice AF but again to heavy and pleasing to the eye unlike most others in their line.

What BR ya running? Have u looked in to HK? Other than no guns or
>Muh m&p
>Muh sigtism
Won't find many complaints
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10 KB, 194x259
>>29490222
Agreed
>>
>sort of meh

Yeah years of living with the hyperbole of others will do that to you after a while.
>>
>>29489300
I recently got a PPQ in 9mm and the thing is a tack driver. I have Trijicon HD sights on it, so it's a tighter sight picture than stock. It's got great ergos, a cool paddle mag release, and a nearly perfect trigger. The only thing I don't really like about the trigger is the mushy take-up, but I'm sure that will smooth out with use - anyway, it's not like it's any worse than a Glock or even a VP9 in this regard.

>>29489585
Too bad Walther discontinued the PPX recently. They really are nice shooters. The trigger is like an HK LEM in design, except it has a shorter take-up and lighter break. It's a very nice trigger design that they should really implement in more pistols. The one thing I don't like about the PPX is the three piece barrel. I don't care if the barrel hood and the barrel are two different pieces welded together, but the feed ramp being a separate piece is just asking for trouble in the long term. One day, that's going to just break off.
>>
File: ppq45.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
ppq45.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
>>29489300
i like my p220 better but it is a nice gun over all. only wish they made a m1 version and a threaded barrel. but i get what you mean, it is a little meh especially considering how much i love my m1 9mm
>>
>>29490898
I found the HK 45 and the FNX to be comparable but the FNX was more accurate.

>>29491563
>>29490898
I picked up the PPQ because I was shopping around and the store I went to didnt have p99 or p220 (in 45 at least) plus the PPQ was on consignment for like $100 cheaper. Some dude bought it new like 2 months ago and decided he didnt like it so I picked it up. Needed some serious cleaning but after that it shot very well and accurate. It just felt snappier than most other .45's (I hate snappy which is why I tend to stay away from 9mm or .40).
>>
>>29491456

wtf PPX already discontinued? It's only been out since 2013
>>
File: Osprey_0001_zpsa019bc1c.jpg (167 KB, 1024x767) Image search: [Google]
Osprey_0001_zpsa019bc1c.jpg
167 KB, 1024x767
>>29494156
cheaper and was stealing sales from the ppq &p99
they wont be 379 anymore so buy up while can.

>>29491563
Nice pics! dont see many walther on /k/
Have you ever owned any other walthers?

any recommendation for summer carry?
thinking getting ppk or another p22. Cant keep printing in front of my neighbors or leaving pistol in car when walk in places.
>>
>>29495311
ya i have a ppq m1 9mm, ppq 22lr, 2 p22's and a pps m1 9mm. i want a pps m2, a ppq 40 (just to round out the ppq collection) and a p88
>>
>>29495881
Just stumbled on p99c which might end up being cc.

The Usp compact are just too bulky wide for the golf shirts usually wear.p2000 is close second but being this impressed think it's time to give Walther another chance. Buying $60 mags from hk is getting old desu. Waltherforums also don't have the snoby fed posters
>Just get mk24
>Mark 23 is all youll ever need
>I shoot 7k rounds of +P annually you don't know shit kiddo
And actually post usefull tips even if community is smaller bn diggin feedback so far.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.