[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eotechs are lemons https://www.washingtonpost.com/news /che
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: XPS-3_FrontLeft (LR).jpg (225 KB, 1008x864) Image search: [Google]
XPS-3_FrontLeft (LR).jpg
225 KB, 1008x864
eotechs are lemons

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/04/03/u-s-special-operations-units-are-using-faulty-rifle-sights/
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 468x510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 468x510
>>29483286
>>
It's not like they offered rebates last year or whenever and this shit has already been handled.

And before you make yourself look even dumber pondering how Eotech will survive this, look up how big L3 Communications is and realize this is nothing.
>>
>>29483460

Eotech won't survive this. Their brand is shot. They will never be awarded another contract, ever. There only hope is to sell a few rebranded low power variables before L3 cuts ties and shuts them down for good. RIP in pieces.
>>
hurr five out of a million sights break that means the brand is shit. by that logic aimpoint would also go out of business.
>>
>>29483534
>hurr

thank you for summarizing your entire post
>>
>>29483560
did you know 1 out of 100 humans cry when they're butthurt over people pointing out their flaws but don't admit it? i guess humanity (tm) is shit and should be canned.
>>
>newspaper uses internet meme magic to inform hard use end users of product that said product is broken

Memes travel faster than the speed of light and go back in time!
>>
>>29483560
>>29483498
Literally retarded.
>>
File: 1458940743711.jpg (51 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1458940743711.jpg
51 KB, 499x500
>Denver police department issued a department-wide memo to pull the sights off their rifles immediately.

mfw cops are concerned about engaging targets out to 100y in adverse weather conditions.

Anyone here anything about Browe optics? I've seen some of their stuff first hand. Looks HSLD.
>>
>>29483918
Yeah because it's not like law enforcement is responsible for every round put downrange or anything.
>>
>>29483918
I fucking laughed out loud when I heard the fucking police are recalling their EOTechs.

Its literally a nonissue even for most military and fucking street cops are worried about this shit? Lol talk about overhyped

Browe is kinda shit but they make unique stuf
>>
>>29483286
>Government makes a big deal about a problem that has only ever come up in unrealistic extreme testing and never in operational use
>Actual users continue to use it because they like
>Press acts like this is a bad thing
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
>>29483940
It's not necessarily overhyped depending on where you live; my EoTech experienced slight heat related zero shift just by keeping it in the trunk of my car for too long. I didn't think it a huge issue because I only operate on static paper target but hey they were offering refunds at MSRP so why the fuck not?

>pic related the aimpoint h1 that replaced it
>>
>>29484019
Because Afghanistan and Iraq are known for their mild weather.
>>
>>29484075
what?

where did he say or imply that?
>>
OK what models are in question? I had the EO that used the AA on my say back on 2010 so I can see with the older models.
>>
>>29484088
>has only ever come up in unrealistic extreme testing
>>
>>29484111
>unrealistic extreme testing
So are you implying Afghanistan and Iraq have unrealistic extreme weather?
>>
>>29483940
It becomes a liability if the product was recalled and they use it for intended purposes still. Could be the reason a whole case gets tossed tbqh senpai.
>>
>>29484151
goodpoint
>>
>http://www.eotechinc.com/le-perf-ack

Eocuck is now requiring all LEO agencies to acknowledge their sights are defective before purchasing them.

lol at the butthurt people claiming it's a small issue or it won't effect anyone. Regardless of whether that's the case or not, Eotech as a brand is deader than a doornail.
>>
>>29484150
A metal sight reaching 122 degrees* in Afghanistan in daylight is completely plausible.

*You don't even need to get that hot, ANY temperature change from the ambient of when it was zeroed will cause problems.
>>
>>29484278
So are all Eotechs no go
>>
so how did this exist for years without anyone noticing
>>
>>29484314

They all suffer from thermal drift and every sight made pre-2015 will leak nitrogen/suffer from moisture incursion and reticle delimitation.

Oh and did I mention they have shit battery life?
>>
>>29484314
See >>29484204
>There is no repair currently available to eliminate thermal drift. If your HWS experiences a degree of thermal drift that is unacceptable to you, and re-zeroing does not address the issue to your satisfaction, please contact EOTech, as described below, to obtain a refund of the purchase price.
>>
>>29484331

Lots of people noticed, just many were unwilling to listen and still aren't as evidenced by this thread.
>>
Is there another reputable manufacturer of holographic sights out there? I've always just stuck with red dots so IDK much about them.
>>
>>29484331
Eotech did. They just figured, "Fuck it. We'll try and fix it once people complain. Like we did the battery and mounting issues."
>>
File: img_0260.jpg (768 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
img_0260.jpg
768 KB, 2592x1936
>>29484371
Elcan is coming out with their own holosight and since they aren't known for making shit products it might be a good optic.
>>
>>29484752
>ugly as fuck
>ARMS mount
>stupid expensive
>>
>>29485036
it is quite horrifyingly ugly. too bad because the spectreDR is a rugged looking optic.
>>
File: IMG_9376.jpg (292 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9376.jpg
292 KB, 1500x1125
BEHOLD, THE HOLOSUN 503
YOU CAN USE DOT OR DOT+CIRCLE

it is made by chinks so it's not "battle ready" (but poorfags like myself will swear by Primary Arms and Holosun)
>>
>>29484353
We've been using those sights since 2001 and the problem has never come up in Afghanistan or Iraq
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.