[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is /k/'s opinion on the Sig P320?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (688 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
688 KB, 1920x1080
what is /k/'s opinion on the Sig P320?
>>
Grip/grip texture/mag release/stock night sights > Glock brand Glock

Bore axis sucks
>>
It's a cool gun that doesn't afraid of anything
>>
It's fine
>>
Bore axis, shmore axis. I love mine.
>>
Maybe the best striker fired handgun on the market.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
It's gud. I prefer it to my aftermarket'd g19
>>
>>29483738
>Bore axis sucks

t. noguns trying to pretend what he's talking about
>>
Only reason to buy a glock over the 320 is aftermarket.

2 current favorite handguns are the 320 and the Sphinx.
>>
>>29483912
>Only reason to buy a glock over the 320 is aftermarket.

I just did some quick research. Literally what is the point of a glock?
>P320 compact
>comes with siglite night sights
>better trigger
>$500

>Glock 19
>plastic sights
>decent trigger with a safety
>$500

? ? ?
>>
neat. I'm no stranger to Sig's tower high bore axis either. you get use to it pretty quickly. so it's not a problem. I handled one a few months back and really liked it and was considering getting one for my new EDC. This just makes for a better case to get the Sig.
>>
>>29483960
More (and cheaper) mag options
More slide options (until Sig finally releases the 320 optic cut slide)
More sight options
Everyone and their mother makes holsters

But yes for the price the 320 has just about everything you need. If Sig releases the other 320 goodies this year than there won't even be a comparison.
>>
I notice that people stopped talking about the P320 after the initial hype died down. There's a reason for that. What you have is basically a cheap-feeling pistol that was whipped up hastily (just compare the gun and its "grip modules" to a P250), and which performs well, but lacks any personality or magic. The P320 actually makes a Glock seem like it has character.

I bought one when they first came out, and I was all set to jump on the P320 train, but then I realized something. It's really mediocre for the purposes I would use it for. Compared to practically any other gun, including a Glock, the balance is terrible. I'm talking about both the full size and the compact. Additionally, the sights just felt too short for the width of the top of the slide. You had to do more work to get the gun back on target in between shots than with other pistols.

The trigger has a fairly short travel, but it's not all it's worked up to be. Yes, it's pretty crisp, but it's also pretty heavy, and if you pull it as carefully as you should be, then you'll notice a quirk. There are two "clicks" as the trigger breaks, which can be distracting while shooting, and certainly annoying during dry fire practice.

The grip module feels cheap. I've never felt a polymer firearm that felt quite as cheap as this material. It's not just the feel. The material actually scratches easily. You barely have to sneeze at it to put a scratch in it. If you're buying a floor model, your gun may come with a bunch of scratches in it from other people's fingernails and even from the blisters on their fingers. In torture tests on youtube, people were able to melt the grip module after long, continuous shooting sessions. I would not leave the gun in direct sunlight, to say the least.

Also, with magazines, Sig put a really weird floorplate on them, which limits your options for how to carry them on a belt. Mags are expensive, and limited in selection. There are no options for >17 rounds.
>>
>>29483265
I like them. a little ugly but most polymer is anyway. Slightly higher bore axis then im used to but that's sig for you. Considering everyone is making a glock variant ill give them props for the whole inter changeable frames thing. Its probably the most innovative thing anyone has done with pistols in a while
8/10 good glock copy if youre not looking for a glock and want something more
>>
>>29483265
>you want striker fired sig?!?
yeah!
>you want it polymer frame?!?
not really...
>you want gimmicky caliber/slide/frame conversion?!?
nope...
>>
File: 1454847917275.jpg (104 KB, 618x692) Image search: [Google]
1454847917275.jpg
104 KB, 618x692
>>29485685
>wants a steel frame striker fired gun
>>
>>29485867
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>29483960
Glocks aren't as wide or bulbous and they're proven. And bore axis is not inconsequential when you actually shoot a decent amount.
>>
>>29483265
Dugan approved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTRjXD7AVU
>>
>>29486532
>approved by cripple
means nothing.
>>
>>29483265
Why does that Glock look like a 1911?
>>
>>29484084

Interesting pov on the gun, thanks. I was only able to dry fire and hold the gun at a lgs and noticed the heavier weight (compared to a glock) and the cheaper feeling/looking polymer lower. I did see scratches and such which would annoy me but I guess the cheap polymer was expected for modularity/replace-ability.
>>
>>29488934
The polymer frames are only $5 so, yeah they're cheap. They basically took a p250 and turned it into a striker gun.

Honestly though, I thought the trigger was better and lighter than the glocks.
>>
>>29489162
>The polymer frames are only $5 so, yeah they're cheap.
Wrong. Try $50.
>>
>>29490268
My phone auto corrected to 5.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.