[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we improve on the AR15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: ar15.png (298 KB, 682x382) Image search: [Google]
ar15.png
298 KB, 682x382
I say that we start off with a much shorter gas tube and a tighter spring to increase cyclic rate.
>>
>>29476967
NOW WE'RE TALKIN ANON MAYBE NOW WE CAN ALL CUT OFF OUR DICKS AND CHANGE OUR NAMES TO FUCKING GOLDSTEIN! CHRIST WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO THIS BOARD.
>>
>>29476967
Piston
>but muh weight
unless you're a chickenshit limp wrist you won't care about weight
>>
>>29476967

>Change charging handle location to side-charging
>Remove need for buffer tube by putting recoil spring in upper receiver
>Standardize a tool-less quick detach barrel mechanism
>Make ambi controls standard for all ARs: ambi mag release, bolt release, safety
>Standardize a short throw safety lever that moves 45 degrees safe to fire
>>
>>29476979
>>>/out/
>>
>>29476981
>hurr da piston is a solution to a problem that never existed
>don't fix what ain't broke
>b-but Mr. stoner didn't design it like that
>>
>>29476967
It's already been done.

HK416 anyone?
>>
File: photo-2384.jpg (104 KB, 799x597) Image search: [Google]
photo-2384.jpg
104 KB, 799x597
you realize that you can get shorter gas tubes already right?
>>
>>29477017
You can't just pretend your problems don't exist. We need to go back to the old ways. Make this board great again!
>>
>>29476999
FUCKING THIS. The Serbu SU-15 does a lot of the upper receiver stuff, but that fucking hack Mark Serbu STILL hasn't delivered the receivers, plus they cost more than he said they would ($700, IIRC - now they cost $1000 with questionable replacement support).
>>
>>29477036
>hurr da piston is a solution to a problem that never existed
>don't fix what ain't broke

No one wants to clean their AR 20 times a day.
let alone a soldier on the field who doesn't have the time to.
>>
File: disgust.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>29477210
>let alone a soldier on the field who doesn't have the time to.
t. cod player
>>
>>29477234
>>let alone a soldier on the field who doesn't have the time to.
>t. cod player

t. someone who have never served

no time because everyone is busy jacking off their superiors or cleaning humvees instead

even if they had the time, it would be extremely annoying to clean it more than once a day

t. someone who's brother served in iraq
>>
>>29477122
>fucking hack Mark Serbu STILL hasn't delivered

Thats because he's a perfectionist, not a hack. He doesn't let shit out off the line till he feels it's 100% g2g. Stop being an impatient bitch
>>
>>29477362
He took fucking preorders, then fired his entire staff, hired new people, and then had to make that break action .50 cal rifle to make up money to FUND SU-15 production. He might not be a hack at making things, but he sure is a hack at running a business.
>>
>>29476967
You're retarded.

Actual improvements to the M4A1 that would make sense:

1. Mid length gas system on 14.5" barrel for smoother operation and less gas blowback with suppressed use.

2. Geissele SSF to replace the mil-spec trigger.

3. Return to fully chrome plated BCG.

4. Free float Keymod or M-Lok handguard with light weight.

5. Replace the standard FSB with a low profile gas block. Optics are the standard, flip up iron sights will be sufficient.

6. Replace A2 flash hider with a more advanced compensator and flash hider like the AFAB or EFAB.

7. Ambidextrous controls and short throw safety lever.

8. A more accurate barrel. Nitride is an option but will degrade faster under full auto. A higher quality chrome lined barrel with similar accuracy would be preferable.

9. Improved stock and pistol grip.
>>
File: 1459097151110.png (1 MB, 1079x1079) Image search: [Google]
1459097151110.png
1 MB, 1079x1079
Chamber it in 22-250?
> I've always wanted this and I have no idea why.
> 22-250 makes my dick hard and I have no idea why

TL;Dr
I really like 22-250
>>
>>29477837

If the army goes to war with Varmints, this is the change that will turn the tide.

It would also be a great range toy.
>>
>>29477856
Emu war part two
> prairie dog boogaloo
This is the point where the tide of the war turns
>>
File: memegun.jpg (32 KB, 930x461) Image search: [Google]
memegun.jpg
32 KB, 930x461
>>29476999
Gotchu senpai
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.