[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does day/k/are have such a hate for revolvers? Every day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (367 KB, 2040x1355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
367 KB, 2040x1355
Why does day/k/are have such a hate for revolvers?

Every day I see the same thread asking if recolvers are viable in todays world or just stating that revolvers have no relevance in the modern day.

They fire just fine
They kill criminals
They are fun and attractive

I know a bunch of these guys are nogunz that use hearsay and watch bullshit "tactical" videos on why they should carry a glock 18 at all times and carry 3 extended mags at all times. Though most of the time they're just kids with oberpriced knives that think they belong on this board because they think they know a lot about firearms despite never having used one.

What can we do /k/?
>>
>>29464898
I love revolvers but you have to admit they are beyond outdated. Anything below a .44mag has a semi-auto that is comparable and superior in capacity and ease of reloading.

I do enjoy having my .44mag with a speedloader on my nightstand or when I'm in the woods however.
>>
good revolvers are more expensive and cumbersome than their automatic counterparts, which are equally reliable, easier to use and have greater capacity

revolvers are antiquated weapons that aren't appreciated by /k/, simply because most /k/ommando's have no money or taste.

i've never met anyone irl who had even a remotely similar opinion of revolvers as the average /k/uck
>>
>>29464914
See

This is the mentality I'm talking about
It's not some black powder gun
It's not a musket
It's a double action with the same capability to kill as a semi auto.

Thats like saying a full auto handgun makes semi autos obsolete, because of the rate of fire. One feature doesn't make a gun obsolete, it just makes it more advanced.
>>
>>29464898

Let them hate them, more for us.

I love revolvers, I shoot them almost exclusively. I have no love for the tactical community, I have no love for all the oper8or training, I do have a love of marksmanship. I own 10 revolvers, but there's a browning high power on my night stand and it's the only semi auto I own. If they want their plastic, let them have their plastic, picking up brass hurts my back.
>>
>>29464933
That is beyond foolish. A semi-automatic handgun by design has less recoil, more capacity, and far simpler reloads.

I like revolvers, but they are antiquated. The average fag on this board thinks every gun must be a tacticool people killer because they are poor as fuck and only own a gun or two.

Listen, I like revolvers (except snub noses) but they are outdated. There is a reason not a single cop in any first world nation carries one.
>>
File: 1445181563969.jpg (340 KB, 1000x1110) Image search: [Google]
1445181563969.jpg
340 KB, 1000x1110
>>29464950
>There is a reason not a single cop in any first world nation carries one.
>>
>>29464933
>>29464898
They're generally heavier, more expensive to issue, and holds less rounds.

If someone is looking for a range toy, not a bad choice at all. But there's a reason why no one issues revolvers outside of specialized roles in police.

>>29464959
>first world nation
>>
File: 1387666274885.jpg (550 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1387666274885.jpg
550 KB, 1200x800
>>29464966
>>first world nation
>>
>>29464950
Yeah, because they can't aim for shit and need the bigger magazines.
>>
File: 1386277142511.jpg (74 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1386277142511.jpg
74 KB, 640x400
>>29464969
>>
>>29464968
come on faggot. that is a tactical entry team and for some special snowflake reason they use a revolver for contact shots.

I swear to god i was going to put that as an inb4 but i thought for one moment maybe you weren't just a shitposter.

Guess I was wrong. Enjoy your bait thread.
>>29464969
Yay, lets die while reloading so I can be a hipster with a revolver.
>>
>>29464968
oh fuck i saw gendamerie and my mind went to brazil for some reason. Regardless, MR73's are issues for shield use.
>>
Can't speak for anyone but myself. Just know you aren't alone comrade. I wish to own a sexy ass collection of revolvers soon. (Just not 21 yet) idk if its just my hard on for old/fudd shit (i love O/Us, lever actions and shit like that) but revolvers are dank as fuck senpai
>>
File: 1445181458955.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445181458955.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>29464973
>On the day after Christmas of 1994, Captain Thierry P. of GIGN entered the hijacked Air France Flight 8969 plane, grounded at the Marseille airport. He served as the point shooter, armed with a 5¼” .357 Magnum Manurhin MR73 and backed by his partner Eric carrying a 9mm HK05 submachine gun. Thierry killed two Islamist terrorists and wounded a third with his revolver, before taking seven bullets from an AK47 fired by the fourth hijacker. In spite of then absorbing a full complement of grenade shrapnel in his lower body, Thierry P. survived the assault, as also did 171 hostages. Not so the four terrorists, who had been planning to deploy the plane as an incendiary missile against the Eiffel Tower. Thierry could have armed himself with any firearm. He chose an MR73.
>>
>>29464984
Stop shitposting.

No body cares about your special snowflake retards.
>>
>>29464950
Not to be offensive, but the police usually just use what they are issued.

A lot of cops don't really care too mich about what gun they use, as long as it's shoots when they want it to. A revolver is just that, reliable, but the reason that glocks are issued to police is because they are really minimalist in effort to use and take care of. Yes, I know that the glock is much more advanced and better suits the needs of law enforcement, but that doesn't make revolvers useless in the slightest.

It's always going to come down to preference, but saying something along the lines of " revolvers shouldn't exist anymore" is just wrong.
>>
>>29464992
>revolvers shouldn't exist anymore
Except he never said that.

Are revolverfags usually this >>29464984
delusional?
>>
>>29464933
By pretty much every objective quality is a semi-auto superior. Answer the question "why should one carry a revolver instead of a semi-auto?"
Protip = "because it's good enough" isn't an answer that has any merit.
>>
I like revolvers as much as the next guy, but anyone who says a revolver can keep up with an automatic is full of shit.

They make nice range guns, but the trigger and capacity just aren't on the same level as the modern autos. Anyone who says they can put rounds on target with a revolver as quickly as they can with an auto is completely full of shit.
>>
>>29464985
>Stop shitposting.
no you
outright falsehood

Besides, a gun isn't automatically good just because underfunded departments issue it to donut munching pigs that only shoot fifty rounds in a year.
You really think a cheap plastic popgun with a twelve pound trigger is the pinnacle of firearm technology?
>>
>>29464992
I never once said they shouldn't exist, just like over-unders they are fun but out-dated.

Asking a cop if they would like to have less rounds and slower reloads would be a near impossible sell. Nobody in their right mind would sign up for that.

Revolvers are dead in a tactical role. The problem is most fags on this board can't realize that not every gun has to be a tacticool people killer. Mostly, because they are poor.

I love revolvers but the fact is they are antiquated except for calibers above .44mag where a suitable semi-auto does not exist.
>>29465008
Its the pinnacle of winning a gun fight Jodi. Police that use revolvers:0. Military that use revolvers:0. Why? Because they are outdated for TACTICAL roles. This is obvious, and undeniable fact.
>>
>>29464973
Not to sound pretentious but revolver or not if you can't place rounds within your target upon your first few shots or your first mag then there is a high chance you are going to die. Reloading in entry situations or raids can often tesult in death, so reloading a semi or full auto means that your training was sub par or you were not well trained to begin with.

>>29464985
It seems like you don't take the advice of "preference is best" very seriously. Whatever he shoots best with will probably kill faster, and in his case it was a revolver.
>>
>>29465013
>Police that use revolvers:0. Military that use revolvers:0
get fucked and quit making shit up already
>>
>>29465015
Then it sounds like if reloads are death you probably want a double-stack semi-auto. Revolver is antiquated.
>>29465015
Nobody shoots best with a revolver in DA mode. That is insane. Anyone shooting a revolver SA is probably not in a serious gun fight. Tactically, revolvers have been extinct for decades.
>>29465018
Sorry, should I specify first world nations? Name one first world miltary or a single US police dept where a revolver is standard issue.
>>
>>29465008
>cheap plastic popgun with a twelve pound trigger
Excellent cherrypicking. It's time to stop posting.

>>29465015
So you're turning this into a discussion about shot placement.

>preference is best
Preference has nothing to do with what you're issued.
>>
>>29464898
Revolvers are only really useful in large calibers these days. Find me a semi-auto in .454 that isn't some ungodly bullshit 1911-esque mutant and I'll be interested. While a 9mm is pretty great for people, I abso-fucking-lutely do not rely on one because I live in an area with moose and grizzly bears.
>>
>>29464898
The only time a revolver is better than a pistol is if you want to shoot tinydick cartridges.

That being said, I love my pseudo-meatball and I regularly carry an LCR because it weighs less than my other carry guns.
I also dream of someday owning a Dan Wesson .357 bull barrel revolver.
>>
>>29465013
Over unders are actually not outdated, for their purpose.

O/Us are designed with a tighter choke on the U barrel, so that the follow up shot has a tighter pattern that the leading shot, to account for the distance the bird/clay has travelled after the shooter opened fire.

that little bit of technology gives the o/u an edge in any trap/skeet/sporting clay event, especially when you're limited to 2 shots anyway.

it's not a good comparison to the revolver, which has no advantages over the automatic except maybe style. you'd be more accurate comparing a pump shotgun to a semi auto as an analogy for a revolver vs an automatic
>>
>>29464898
>I know a bunch of these guys are nogunz

are you shitting me? like, 90% of /k/ is nogunz
>>
They're more expensive than autos.
That's literally all.
>>
>>29464999
I was naming several other posters in this board. No ine on this thread in particular has said that and I won't try to pretend they did.

>>29465013
>>29465005
Look this guy gets it. Yes, in a specialized role which requires more capacity and easier control, the semi auto beats the revolver for sure. However what I am trying to argue is that revolvers are not outdated completely, especially for private use.
>>
>>29465013
> Be innawoods with your "wow super tacticool semiautomatic
> grizzy comes up to you
> pea shooter does shit
Meanwhile
> guy packing a .44 mag
> drops bear in 1-2 shots
>>
>>29465027
>cherrypicking
Enough police departments require double action only pistols that dozens of companies make them for that exact reason.
>>
>>29464920
You argued against yourself in your post.

If I have only so much money for guns, I'm going to buy the better one.
>>
>>29465036
Muzzle loading rifles are not "outdated completely" for certain roles.
>>
>>29465031
In the context of hunting two legged creatures a O/U is beyond outdated. If we aren't hunting two legged creatures then it doesn't matter what you own.

The whole premise is /k/ hates revolvers because they think every gun must be a people killer because they are too poor to afford more than one firearm.
>>29465037
I specifically began my first post saying .44mag and above is still the go to choice. Shooting two legged creatures they aren't well in an offensive role. For me, 6 rounds of 44mag will protect my home...until I grab a rifle.
>>
>>29465037

>Bear country
>Pistols at all

Enjoy your mauling. Anything short of deer slugs is asking for trouble.
>>
>>29464898
Simplicity. The potential for multiple calibers without any refitting. Generally harder-hitting or lower-recoil caliber choices. Generally more accurate. Probably better recoil due their general design. Revolvers are a world of extremes.

Although, the only revolver that could keep up with today's semi-autos is a snub-nosed S&W 327, with eight chambers of .357 Magnum. That could probably just barely keep up with a 1911.
>>
whew you fags are mad

anyways, muh revolver reliability > plastic semi with muh high capacity kid killin clips

also, a weird thing called fun.
>>
Fuck Is there so much hate for O/Us in this thread? Fuck you guys
>>
>>29465054
>a weird thing called fun.
Enjoy your toy i guess.
>>
>>29465048
>having time to unsling a long gun and line up a shot
Bears can run at 40mph, and they're usually only an issue if you run into them. If the bear is 50 yards away, they're not going to see you as a threat and charge
>>
>>29465054

>Implying that semi-automatic handguns aren't reliable
>Implying polymers are somehow bad
>Somehow implying more shots is a bad thing
>>
>>29465047
Not in canada, where you're limited to max 3 rounds for hunting anyway. Also did you even read the post?

>>29465055
Let it go breh; they hate us cuz they aint us. lil chuds mad because their new benelli m4 is nice an all but I still get more geese with my '55 browning o/u
>>
>>29465037
A semi auto can take out a bear too, please don't make things up.

>>29465033
A revolver in .44 will cost me less than a full sized glock in 9mm. Maybe Colts are the exception but a Ruger GP100 will definitely cost less.

>>29465028
A .38 special kills criminals just fine

>>29465027
Maybe not but shot placement helps a lot. Doesn't really matter what your armed with if a criminal can put 1 bullet between your eyes while you fire away on full auto on a glock 18c and miss every shot, god forbid you hit a bystander as well.

>>29465025
Refer to my previous post.
I do agree that for cops and military they should probably be using the tool that suits the need, but preference can play a part in the decision.

In the end all I am trying to say is that revolvers are not as /k/ depicts them, which is akin to musket rifles if not worse.
>>
>>29465071
>in canada, where you're limited to max 3 rounds for hunting anyway
Canada really is a giant cuckshed.
>>
>>29465066

>Weapon isn't at the ready at all times
>Implying I don't hike at low ready
>Implying it takes any longer to raise a forward slung rifle or shotgun than it takes to draw a 45 pound revolver
>>
>>29465073
A GP100 will be equivalent at best, and that's the very bottom of the price range for anything serious.
>>
File: 20160325_191409.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160325_191409.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29465071
Post your sexy gun plz here's mine
>>
>>29465073
For most use cases a semi-auto is better, agree with that?
>>
>>29465066
> african carry can be unslung and ready to fire withing half a second
Git gud
>>
>>29464898

Overt concern with the tactical applications of firearms. I'd also say the culture of marksmanship is declining overall.
>>
>Equipping a revolver will make me a magical marksman badass and negate the objective weakness of the platform I choose to shoot in addition to giving me a smug sense of unwarranted superiority over normal people who use superior firearms

Friendly reminder to remind all revolver fags to tip their fedoras somewhere else.
>>
>>29465080
For private use in home defense and outdoors I believe it is a viable option. CC I obviously think not.

>>29465053
This is a very subjective opinion youu present, but as I said before the right tool for the right jobis optimal. Most police are not well trained in accuracy or precision, and just need something stupidproof and easy enough to use to make it back to their families after a violent encounter with gang members. A semi auto glock or a full auto will do the job with ease, without extensive training or practice by any LEO.
>>
>>29464984
sounds like he ran out of ammo and then got shot with 7 rounds of a 30round holding AK47

seriuosly you retards, revolvers are nice to look at but totally obsolete. modern semi autos hold more than twice the rounds, are smaller, lighter, recoil less.
>>
>>29465109
Of course it is, but we're talking strictly price.
>>
>>29465073
>which is akin to musket rifles if not worse
For tactical uses they are one step above a cap and ball revolver.

Look, I like them, I'm just saying they are outdated. This is fact. Just because some cop may prefer to use an antiquated weapon system doesn't change that fact.

/k/ just doesn't realize not every gun is for killing people. then conversely there are people like you who can't accept revolvers are shit for killing people in offensive roles. you are just as bad as the majority of /k/
>>
>>29465087
I'm just saying a revolver can also do the job. Yes I agree but I also stamd by my statement.

>>29465106
Training with any firearm you purchase is required and should be done all the time. Just because you bought a semi auto doesn't make you superior or a better shot in any way.

>>29465110
If you didn't read before then read again. This guy preferred a revolver probably because he is used to shooting it and is more comfortable with one. Preferrence does make a difference, whether you like to think so or not.

>>29465111
We are?

>>29465117
My entire reason for starting this thread was to state that they are exactly one step "below" semi autos. As I stated before, a full auto pistol doesnt make a semi auto outdated, and it's my belief that semi autos dont make revolvers outdated. I want to say it's a matter pf preferrence, especially in private use, but of course the semi auto will always outdo the revolver in most situations with the average user
>>
File: Thierry P.jpg (43 KB, 579x659) Image search: [Google]
Thierry P.jpg
43 KB, 579x659
>>29464984
>before taking seven bullets from an AK47 fired by the fourth hijacker.

Here's a radiograph of his right arm.
>>
>>29465138
>of course the semi auto will always outdo the revolver in most situations with the average user
That means they are outdated man. There is nothing wrong with that but they are not the go to gun unless .44mag or above.

Full auto handguns are shit. It's not a fair comparison. Does the select fire rifle make the semi-outdated? Yes. Doesn't mean they aren't okay to use or own but they are outdated except in rare situations like larger calibers or long rage shooting.
>>
>>29464950
>not a single cop in any first world nation carries one

Citation needed. I know at least ten officers that tote grandfathered in wheel guns
>>
>>29465152
>grandfathered
are you autistic or something?
>>
Revolvers hold fewer rounds but are usually chambered in more powerful cartridges.

Semi autos hold more rounds but are usually chambered in weaker cartridges.

Revolvers take a lot of training and practice to reload as quickly as a semi auto. The lower capacity also makes it doubly important not to miss shots. Add to that the fact revolvers are more expensive and it's obvious why semis are more popular.
>>
>>29465110
>sounds like he ran out of ammo and then got shot with 7 rounds of a 30round holding AK47

He shot three times before being wounded by the last hijacker which was hiding under the navigator board.
You can read Thierry Prungnaud testimony, in French though, here:
http://www.gign.org/groupe-intervention/?page_id=407
and here:
http://www.gign.org/groupe-intervention/?page_id=324
>>
>>29465155
Apparently "reading comprehension" = "autism" now.
>>
>>29465167
>i literally mean not one of the million cops in the US
Yes, you are autistic
>>
File: 8dc.jpg (90 KB, 818x960) Image search: [Google]
8dc.jpg
90 KB, 818x960
Revolvers are objectively inferior.

That said, the gap between them and semi autos in not big enough to make revolvers completly obsolete. If you are a better shot with revolvers, use revolvers.
>>
>>29465151
>outdated man
Did you make that up just now?
Listen, many precision shooters prefer bolt action for rifles over semi auto. I realize that is a different class of gun but that does not mean either is out dated or the person who uses such is outdated. It is simply the tool for the job.
What I am trying to say is that with with the same level of proper training and diligence a revolver can do the job of a semi auto. That is not saying the revolver can take the place or do the job better on average, because the semi auto was designed to improve upon the design of revolvers. However, saying that revolvers are exclusively range toys and cannot be used in self defense of home defense is objectively wrong.

In any case, the tactical advantage of having a semi auto is situational as well. Sometimes, especially in street level crime, a full auto is better to use because of the nature of gangs. In other cases a semi auto is preferable, and in many cases, especially in private self defense use, a revilver will suit the job.
>>
>>29465185
>What I am trying to say is that with with the same level of proper training and diligence a revolver can do the job of a semi auto
No. It will always be inferior. Less capacity. The end.
> However, saying that revolvers are exclusively range toys and cannot be used in self defense of home defense is objectively wrong.
Never said that, said they were outdated and a poor choice for offensive use.

Listen they are outdated. This is fact. That doesn't mean they don't still kill people. What part of this do you not understand.

Outdated anon, is okay.
>>
>>29465185
Just a disclaimer: I read that as "that means they are THE outdated man"

I don' think they are obsolete or outdated, more like dated and inferior, but still very useful and viable.
>>
>>29465207
>Less capacity. The end.
also more powerful and better handling
not so cut and dry now huh?
>>
>>29465207
More recoil, less capacity, still can kill people and can be reloaded almost as quickly. Also generally as reliable as semi auto in terms of maintenance or in the very least not worlds apart in any sense.

I still don't see why a lot of /k/ hates them so much.
>>
>>29465215
>power
Which is why I said .44mag and above a revolver is still the superior choice.
>handling
subjective
>not so cut and dry now huh?
can you not read?
>>
>>29465155
Do you not understand the concept of grandfathering? You know, when something is allowed by a rule or regulation then when the rule changes they allow those that were right to keep their equipment rather than always requiring people to buy new equipment every few years.

E.G. Keeping your revolver or older semi auto rather than buying the two or three guns they allow for starting officers.
>>
>>29465215
>more powerful
Yes.
>better handling
Subjective but generally heavier
>not so cut and dry now huh?
Never said it was.

>>29465227
>can be reloaded almost as quickly
No.
>as reliable as semi auto in terms of maintenance
Unless something happens to the timing, then it's off the the gunsmith.
>>
>>29465229
>.44mag and above
.44 a best but .357 still beats all but special snowflake auto calibers

>can you not read?
you say capacity is the end all attribute.
it's not.
>>
>>29465227
Because /k/ is a bunch of poverty fags who only own one or two guns and/or think every gun must be bought with the potential to use to kill people.

Hence revolvers are a shitty choice. Anyone who isn't poor or a mall ninja understand revolvers are fun and the go-to in high calibers.
>>29465232
When I say "no cop" I don't literally mean "not a single peace officer of the million plus in the USA" you fucking autist. Jesus christ.
>>
>>29465243
Well when you say one thing and expect others to know it means something else, I feel like that might be a tiny bit more autistic, friend.
>>
>>29465239
>capacity
capacity alone makes revolvers obsolete for offensive roles. /k/ thinks every gun is for killing people. what part of this do you not understand?
>357
10mm.
>>
File: autism4.jpg (63 KB, 800x499) Image search: [Google]
autism4.jpg
63 KB, 800x499
>>29465253
Not being able to judge social cues and language, written or verbal is a sign of autism buddy.

If english is your second language i'll give you a pass.
>>
>>29465233
>can be reloaded almost as quickly
>No.
git gud mothafucka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbUMqoyjDw
>>
>>29465254
>obsolete for offensive roles
moving the goalposts much?
>10mm
special fucking snowflake
>>
File: 1391941230165.jpg (21 KB, 227x340) Image search: [Google]
1391941230165.jpg
21 KB, 227x340
>>29465259
Because everyone has the time to invest in shooting like Jerry right?
>>
for serious fighting semi autos rule the market due to (faster reloads and more rounds between reloads)
but (for me) I prefer revolvers for CCW and woods carry due to A contact shots as I imagine that if I need it Ill be at close range and B I prefer the higher power cartages for the woods because bear but for just target shooting at the range and general preference Id rock revolver all day long because I just love shooting them
>>
File: 1417072777676.jpg (96 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1417072777676.jpg
96 KB, 572x380
>>29465270
>moving the goalposts much?
read the whole thread before jumping in faggot
>10mm
>special snowflake
pic related. 357 aint that common itself sweetie
>>
>>29465271
not cops that's for sure
>>
>>29465276
.357 mag hollow points are sold at damn near every walmart in the country.
you want 10mm anything but fmj you got to order that shit online
>>
>>29465151
Agreed, Although you can make the argument that the desert eagle makes the higher caliber revolvers obsolete.

That being said, if I want to fire a round that can turn a nigger inside out, I'll pick a revolver. If I want to be 100% practical, I'll take a semi auto.
>>
>>29465233
speedloaders work well enough. maybe the difference in a second may cost you your life but again this is where semi autos shine.

Also about the timing, this rarely happens to many revolvers as does a gun screwing up because of loading a non approved grain round into any semi auto. It's rare and can be avoided with proper care.
>>
>>29465256
It's true, I should be able to read your mind through text displayed on a screen, I'm a genuine aut, plz fuck face
>>
>>29465286
>desert eagle makes the higher caliber revolvers obsolete.
it would if the grips fit human hands and the safety wasn't on the fucking slide and it didn't weigh a fuckton more than a .357 or .44 revolver and it didn't jam every time you looked at it wrong
>>
>>29465233
>something happens to the timing, then it's off the the gunsmith
confirmed for not knowing how revolvers work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6g8kMFpI9M
>>
File: autism2.jpg (133 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
autism2.jpg
133 KB, 1200x1200
>>29465286
desert eagles are giant pieces of shit. literally, gigantic. otherwise i agree.
>>29465284
doesn't mean a .357 isn't pretty special snowflake. unless you live in fuddland 10mm is everywhere

>>29465293
>chance I mean 0/1,000,000
>chance i am using the english language as is normally used and mean majority while being facetious
which do autists choose?
>>
>>29465295
Maybe its just my giant hands, but I have no issue with the Desert eagle's size and weight. The jamming and saftey I'm not too sure about though.
>>
File: 1388774726564.gif (333 KB, 289x149) Image search: [Google]
1388774726564.gif
333 KB, 289x149
>>29465302
>variety of ammo everywhere doesn't mean a .357 isn't pretty special snowflake
you are fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1456511712766.jpg (40 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1456511712766.jpg
40 KB, 604x453
>>29465301
>requires calipers, files, and a vice

How convenient.
>>
File: 1453183081684.jpg (127 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1453183081684.jpg
127 KB, 720x960
>>29465319
if a 10mm is special snowflake so is a .357 magnum. point is the very common 10mm does what a .357 does in a superior semi-auto.
>>
>>29465328
10mm is special snowflake because plinking ammo is only available at large gunstores, while defense ammo is only made by three or so companies and has to be ordered online.
.357 is ubiquitous because both plinking and defense ammo are available everywhere ammo is sold and made by every ammo company.
>>
>>29464950
>who is Rick Grimes
>>
>>29465322
>not having calibers, files, or a vice
what are you, twelve?
>>
>>29465322
>a damaged part needs tools to be repaired
Because we all know semi autos are capable of spontaneous self-repair, right?
>>
I love revolvers.

I used to carry a Glock 26, now I carry a Ruger SP101 in .327 FedMag. I absolutely love it.

Granted, I moved to an area where black bears and boar are more of an issue than wild niggers.
>>
>>29464898
Just keep shooting.

The best weapon is the one you're proficient with.

Vickers tier mall ninja faggotry has really done a dent on the gun community.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (49 KB, 552x446) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
49 KB, 552x446
>>29465005
I feel like you don't own any wheel gats there new friend. I have my SW Mod 29 down to a hair trigger in SA, and DA is smooth af. I also own a PX4 in 9.
>I trust the 9 to fend off a mugger.
>MFW I trust the 44 to kill a fucking bear.
>>
File: trr8[1].jpg (183 KB, 800x518) Image search: [Google]
trr8[1].jpg
183 KB, 800x518
Okay faggots, lets get this on the table before mommie calls up stairs for tendie time.

>.357 can shoot 38spl, and still cycle
>There's no round competing with .357 or .44.
>They conceal just as easy as any other gun.
>Less shots=More practice time reloading
>Less shots mean I don't get to be a nigger with 17rds, and wastes 16. I use all 6, and all 6 hit.
>A E S T E T I C A F

Seriously, why is this even an issue, I can concede that semis do have advantages in the right hands, but the same argument can be made for revolvers.

TFW semis have been around for >100 years, and wheelies are still around, and even getting new developments.

Also, if you fags wanna talk capacity, educate yourselfs on the SW TRR8.
>>
>>29465502
I sure hope S&W's gunsmiths are better than their webdevs because the page for that gun is completely broken. That said, eight rounds of .357 magnum in a revolver is fucking hardcore.
>>
File: 2016-03-14 05.03.56 1_resized.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14 05.03.56 1_resized.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>29464898
Geoffrey, it's because they aren't tacticool enough

>>29464950
>I like revolvers (except snub noses)
Fuck off, Margie
>>
>>29465502
Fuckin' nice. Too bad the barrel looks like my thirteen year old dick after an all night fap session.
>>
>>29465073
>A .38 special kills criminals just fine
10mm Auto does it just fine too.
So does 9mm
So does 7.62x25mm
So does literally every single cartridge ever made for semi-automatic handguns.

I love my revolver but I'm not a fucking mongoloid who honestly thinks revolvers are somehow better in any way than a squared away semi-automatic weapon. There's one reason why I carry a revolver and that's because of the reasons I listed: it packs a bigger round than what I can find in a semi-automatic handgun. Seriously, if I had something that could reliably fire a .454 Casull then I'd carry that, revolvers have absolutely no advantage over semi-automatics. None. Zip. Zilch.

>>29465138
>I'm just saying a revolver can also do the job. Yes I agree but I also stamd by my statement.
Cool. Great. Sure they can also "do the job" but they are still inferior in every single way aside from offering big dick bullet options.
>>
>>29465502
> current year
> one more round than a 105 year old gun
kill yourself
>>
>>29469334
More rounds than a semi doe
>>
>>29464898
They're not that bad outside of video games, but day/k/are has no experience with guns outside of video games.

Therefore revolvers are "bad" according to them.
>>
Armed security putz here.

My first carry was a ruger gp100 as it is the only gun i can use for all sorts of shit and the limited capacity doesn't bother me.
For me it was versatility, as limited as it is. I'm just not wealthy enough to drop money on guns and likely never will be.
Really like that gun, though.
>>
>>29465502
So your argument is that people will aim better if they have less rounds? Not only is that completely unsubstantiated, it still concedes that a semi would be more effective in the hands of a skilled user than a revolver.
>>
>>29464898
Revolvers are fine weapons until you have to reload.
>>
>>29464950

In Australia i remember seeing on the news that they were finally replacing the police revolvers with glocks.

These revolvers have apparently been in service since Ned Kelly.
>>
>>29469306
Good I'm glad someone gets it. I just made the thread under the impression that people here think revolvers are a 100% no go in any case, which based on some of the responses here like >>29469334
>>29470311
shows I'm not wrong in thinking so.

More importantly, I just wanted to argue that revolvers are a relevant, yet obviously dated, type of firearm in todays world.

Personally, I like the way that this >>29465413
and this >>29465181
Anon put it. I still think preferrence is important as well as having the appropriate tool for the job.
>>
>>29465028
>Revolvers are only really useful in large calibers these days

Bullshit. I get hours of enjoyment out of my Single Six. There's more to handgunning than hunting or practicing for multiple opponents.
>>
File: 1457959373671.jpg (102 KB, 425x561) Image search: [Google]
1457959373671.jpg
102 KB, 425x561
>>29464898
>day/k/are
>not even once
>>
>>29464984
Point guys liked the revolvers because of the potential of contact shots.
And the MR73s are fucking fantastic.
>>
TAURUS JUDGE
>>
This is the same argument on /o/

> sport bikes better than cruisers
> euro edgy cars better than muscle cars

It's literally LITERALLY the same underage autistic faggots who think anything old is bad
>>
>>29465144
>Just a crunchy tube of jello between his elbow and shoulder

Badass
>>
>>29464968

.357 for entering, they want the first shot to put down the target. Eventually they'll switch to 10mm.
>>
I love both types. I'm impartial to revolvers for collecting and recreational shooting, but I think if you have a quality gun it will be good enough either way. An automatic may be more effective in limited situations, but typically speaking a gun is a gun.

And out of every revolver I've ever shot, mine, or someone else's, I've had a total of one malfunction ever. It was a .22lr plinker that has seen 4 generations of abuse and was carried and used daily by my great grandfather as a snake gun or just to plink while hiking. I put about 800 rounds through it last year and had one where the rim was struck but the round did not fire. Sure, if you slap it shut or abuse it you can fire off timing, or have a squib, but a well cared for, well built revolver is in my experience more reliable.

I've had far more experience with automatics, and almost every one I've fired has had at least one malfunction, if not multiple. Most are just picky about certain types of ammo. When I teach newbies they have limpwrist FTEs sometimes. Sometimes it's just the gun.

I'll mostly carry my Makarov though.
>>
File: 20160402_232951.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160402_232951.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>29464898
Wheelgun master race.
>>
File: 1458846989930.png (446 KB, 616x546) Image search: [Google]
1458846989930.png
446 KB, 616x546
>>29465328
If you cant admit that .357 mag, plinker or defensive, is as widespread as aids in africa then you arent fit to own a firearm.

>hurr 9mm is a special snowflake round

You sound that retarded.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.