[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so if a country like the USA/Russia invades a small irrelevant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: w4dxq8W.jpg (443 KB, 1200x802) Image search: [Google]
w4dxq8W.jpg
443 KB, 1200x802
so if a country like the USA/Russia invades a small irrelevant country like Congo or Haiti, will anyone stop the USA/Russia.
I know invading another country is illegal but who's going to stop them.
They can even use nukes on those countries without any consequences
>>
>>29464896
>invading another country is illegal
What.
>>
>>29464901
Geneva convention m8
>>
>>29464913
A. It's not illegal under Geneva.
B. "Law" doesn't matter. It's all about how you look to the world.

For example, the US looked pretty good in Iraq. US did not look good in Grenada.
>>
>>29464896
>so if a country like the USA/Russia invades a small irrelevant country like Congo or Haiti, will anyone stop the USA/Russia.
Ask Hungary, the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Czechoslovakia, Afghanistan, Grenada, Moldova, Serbia, Somalia, Haiti, Afgansitan (again), Iraq, Georgia, and Ukraine.
>>
>>29464896
watchout, they got glorious MP5s
>>
>>29464896

The United States literally did invade Haiti after the earthquake. I don't think they waited for any legal sanction to do it, either. Maybe I'm wrong. The United States invaded Haiti in the 90's as well. It's amazing how much shit got done in 72 hours considering there was no notice at all.

Best part is, the US did a great job in Haiti and then UN Blue Helmets came in, raped a bunch of civilians and gave everyone Cholera.
>>
>>29464896
No. Are you retarded?
>>
>>29464952
The occupation regime kept most Dominican laws and institutions and largely pacified the general population. The occupying government also revived the Dominican economy, reduced the nation's debt, built a road network that at last interconnected all regions of the country, and created a professional National Guard to replace the warring partisan units.
>>
>will anyone stop the USA/Russia
lol no

>I know invading another country is illegal
lol wat

>They can even use nukes on those countries without any consequences
because trade embargoes, riots abroad and at home and a million other things are not called consequences?

>>29464913
Geneva convention is about when theres already a war on, not about politics preceeding it.

Good thread OP
>>
>>29464991
Still was an invasion and a violation of national sovereignty.
>>
>>29464896
Have you been asleep since Vietnam you dumb fuck? The USA has been invading small countries almost constantly since the 80s.
>>
>>29465004
In December 1990, a former Catholic priest, Jean-Bertrand Aristide was elected President in the Haitian general election. In September of the following year, Aristide was overthrown by the military in the 1991 Haitian coup d'état. In 1994, an American team negotiated the departure of Haiti's military leaders and the peaceful entry of US forces under Operation Uphold Democracy. This enabled the restoration of the democratically elected Jean-Bertrand Aristide as president.
>>
>>29465019
What part of "invasion and a violation of national sovereignty" do you not understand?
>>
>>29464901
>>29464988
>>29465002
Some guys in /pol/ said war is illegal and no country can start a war unless another country violates their rights.
I don't know
>>
>>29465026
Different anon, but if the end result was a better run and organized country I literally see no reason to give a shit about the legality of it. Let's be brutally honest here, who's going to give a fuck about the Dominican Republic or Haiti?
>>
>>29464941
>the US looked pretty good in Iraq
Lol. Are you serious?
>>
>>29465062
>/pol/
Well, there you go, they're fucking idiots and contrary to popular belief, they're never right.
>>
>>29464896
Waging war of aggression is illegal according to the UN. If you do that the UN will stand there and wave their finger.
>>
>>29464896
all of my what
>>
>>29465026
>What part of "invasion and a violation of national sovereignty" do you not understand?

He does not any of it.

>Different anon, but if the end result was a better run and organized country I literally see no reason to give a shit about the legality of it.

We're arguing about if its an invasion or not. good consequences or otherwise don't mean it's not an invasion.
>>
>>29465197
Thank god the board where the question "can a Kar98k penetrate body armor" is on the front page has such an authority on these issues right ?
/pol/ is always right and you need to shut the fuck up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N14U5ZE-N2w
If you are white you are being genocided.
>>
>>29465331
For a country like the US this is true. Too strong economically and militarily to do anything in the short term. In the long term there might be negative consequences if invading peaceful countries became a habit.

For smaller/less powerful countries embargoes and even military intervention by the UN is an actual threat though.

Russia for example is suffering from sanctions for invading ukraine.. Even if they don't admit they are suffering from them.
>>
>>29465596
And by negative consequences in the long term I mean losing allies and trade treaties which would eventually start hurting. But that would require the US to seriously start taking land by force.
>>
>>29465584
And if I'm not?
>>
>>29465160
I think he was referring to the first Iraq war.
>>
>>29465648
Then you're a subhuman
>>
>>29465793
Kek, ya got me.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.