[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to use a kitchen knife for home defense. Which one is best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: 20160401_224018.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160401_224018.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I want to use a kitchen knife for home defense. Which one is best?
>>
>>29463195
The one that shoots bullets.
>>
>>29463195
Kek a 177 pellet gun would be a better weapon
>>
>>29463219
What if it's my only option?
>>
>>29463293
2nd from bottom
>>
>>29463293
Then you die obviously
>>
>>29463195
>not having a pistol in your desk drawer, bedside, bathroom, and second drawer to the left of the kitchen sink in your one bedroom apartment
It's like you want to be stabbed to death by niggers.
>>
>>29463195
chef's knife if they're all comparable sharpness.
it's got the best reach and a decent point
the santoku only if it's just that much more sharp than the chef's knife
paring knife third choice again for the point
fuck the bread knife
>>
Britcuck?
>>
>>29463195
2nd from top. You will be able to conceal it
>>
File: ukknife458668747044.jpg (443 KB, 1080x536) Image search: [Google]
ukknife458668747044.jpg
443 KB, 1080x536
>>29463373
naw sharp knives are illegal in britain and even bread knives need a permit to buy
>>
>>29463373
No, I'm American.
>>
If you're in the kitchen and find yourself suddenly in need of self-defense, does it really matter which knife you grab?
>>
>>29463383
I plus 1 this post but because this knife can actually STAB and is easier to handle than the other knives. If you (OP) were trained to use a knife on another individual it'd would be very clear to you why you'd use that knife.
>>
>>29463439
I'm honestly don't know that much about using knives defensively.
>>
Well played, OP.
>>
>>29463444
You don't ever cut except if you've pinned the other person and you're cutting their neck/hind-arm/groin region. Most of knife use is stabbing only.
>>
>>29463444
Its not really about defence, its about stabbing the shit out of someone.
You go into a knife fight, expect to be cut.
If you don't like being cut, don't knife fight
>>
File: 1458263754528.jpg (777 KB, 1280x875) Image search: [Google]
1458263754528.jpg
777 KB, 1280x875
>>29463195
>>
>>29463478
I concur. Most knife fights are however one person with knife, the other without. If two people with knives fight oh yes it's going to be a bloodbath no doubt about it.
>>
>>29463503
In the army we trained with practice blades with a taser fitted in them, it was 'possibly' my least favourite bit of training ever. Those fuckers hurt so bad, not as bad as being stabbed but damn, you know about it.
I mean you can minimise damage to yourself, but it takes a lot of training to use a knife effectively
>>
>>29463521
That's cool! What other things did you do that never happened?
>>
>>29463521
I was trained with a plastic knife but no taser. Definitely no self defense with knives that's for sure. The most useful stuff I learned was keep the knife close to yourself with a coiled arm, distract with the free arm to go in with the knife hand. To kill quietly insert the blade into... what the fuck is wrong with me forget I said anything.
>>
>>29463530
rekt
>>
>>29463561
Aren't most soldiers not even carrying knives anymore because what's the fucking point? Shit most of them don't even have sidearms.
>>
2nd last one

Knife fights are all stabbing, and that little ridge with the ricasso on it would stop your hand from sliding up on to the edge
>>
>>29463195
Tape them all together with high quality duct tape (or gaffer's tape) into a sort of "super brass knuckles". I know it sounds stupid, but when I was working for the Agency, an embassy staffer and I once got caught in a bombing/subsequent AK mop-up in a Lahore restaurant. We tried to exit through the back, but dead-ended in a hallway that had tubs with dirty kitchenware in them as well as some general maintenance shit. Got a roll of electrical tape, grabbed several steak and kitchen knives, and made a stabby death fist. Gunman came around the corner barrel first, grabbed the barrel and burnt the shit out of my hand, and slap-chopped his diaphragm. Took the AK in my fucked hand, and mag dumped across the room scattering the hit squad. Soon after we had Delta and even some fucking DEA guys rolling in like Santa's reindeer and we were good.

Later in analysis of the after action reports, we added the improvised tape/blade weapon to the new-to-port training briefs. Since you've got time to work it out, I recommend going with duct or gaffer's tape instead of electrical given the added strength of mesh/cloth backing.

I know it sounds like bullshit, but if there are any /k/unts reading this right now who did any work from US Consulate in Lahore or the U.S. Embassy Pakistan after 2011, please confirm that this crazy-sounding story is the truth. (This goes for any of you baguettes that came through there, too: "Partout où nécessité fait loi" m9(-_-)d )
>>
File: shock knife.jpg (34 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
shock knife.jpg
34 KB, 800x640
>>29463561
Yeah if you go blade forward, chances are you'll get your arm slashed up and fingers lopped off with most standard knives.
Oh and the joy of the 'sacrificial off-hand' as a last resort to keep someone's blade out of your tender bits.
>>
>>29463585
Autism gives us so many beautiful posts.
>>
>>29463530
I'm not US military, they have their own ways of doing things
>>
>>29463582
People still carry knives. They just don't use them to fight

They're still incredibly useful tools to have. You can't shoot open an mre
>>
>>29463195
Chef's knife easy.
>>
>>29463598
>You can't shoot open an mre
Bullshit.
>>
>>29463598
MRE Spoon!
http://gruntstuff.com/ranger-gets-confirmed-kill-with-mre-spoon/
>>
>>29463598
Right yes. I meant combat knives. It's all multitools now, yes?
>>
File: Dinner Time.gif (1 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
Dinner Time.gif
1 MB, 300x170
>>29463195

The big one.

If someone breaks into your house, strip naked and duct tape the biggest one to your erection and make violent pelvic thrusts in their general direction. They'll probably make a run for it at that point.
>>
>>29463623
Not sure if it's different for the US, but my friend in the Canadian forces did carry a kabar during afghanistan

Not sure if everyone had a knife or if some people just chose to. An American did kill 2 men with a tomahawk in the middle east a couple years ago
>>
As long as you're in the kitchen anyway, make me a sandwich.
>>
>>29463628
I...
>>
>>29463406

Ate you a faggot? Because you might be better off just blowing your intruder to death.
>>
>>29463195
The Glock.
>>
>>29463714
THANK YOU. Jesus, I was beginning to think no one would notice.
>>
>>29463195

see: >>29463585

Was MSG Detachment, Karachi. Checks out. Called the "behandchood" after "behanchood".
>>
>>29463748
Uh huh.
>>
>>29463493

Ah, a vintage Turkish Kebab knife. Good score anon!
>>
>>29463356
Not carrying a firearm in the house instead of leaving a loaded firearms for people to find
>>
The granton santoku.
>>
>>29464736
But carrying a gun every single second is uncomfy and wearing my comfy clothes is one of the highlights I look forward to after work...
>>
File: 1375517097516.jpg (485 KB, 600x694) Image search: [Google]
1375517097516.jpg
485 KB, 600x694
/k/ doesn't know how to use a knife. /k/ is composed of fat, autistic NEETS that have never trained in a physical skill in their life. To make themselves feel better about their helplessness, /k/ thinks that it is impossible to defend yourself with a knife, even though men have done so for millennia, because their favorite internet pundit said so.
If you want to learn more about using a knife, browse the FMA threads on /asp/, although you will require professional instruction if you want to use a knife professionally.
>>
>>29463195
A hone is a lovely bludgeoning weapon if you're in a kitchen. If it must be a knife then the chef utility knife for sure. Sharp, good point for stabby stuff and some curve for cutty stuff. Also protection from hand slipping down the blade while doing stabby stuff.
>>
>>29465040
Then have one within reach at all times.
>>
>>29466539
That's what my first post about desu senpai. I have one within reach at all times in my single apt. Desk, Kitchen, Bathroom, and Bedroom.
>>
>>29463195
Get a bat or machete
>>
>>29465123

The loser of a knife fight bleeds out on the street, the winner bleeds out in the ambulance.

There is a reason people use guns. Guns are better.
>>
>>29466877
I can't count the number of times I've seen this shit. And you're not exactly wrong.

Basically a knife is a great self defense weapon against someone who is either unarmed or doesn't know you have a knife in your hand ready to use and as such has not drawn their weapon. If they have a knife, running is always a better choice.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.