[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /k/ Recently, I bought babby's first shotgun. I ended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
hi /k/

Recently, I bought babby's first shotgun. I ended up getting a Browning BPS 12 gauge smooth bore, but I haven't had the chance to shoot it. The one thing about it that confuses me is pic related: I have no idea what this does.

It's not the primary safety, but it seems to affect the metal fork thing that lifts loaded shells and ejects spent shells by keeping it in a lifted position. Is this another safety that essentially makes it single fire, or does it do something else?
>>
>>29458963
It most likely is so you can eject the shells easier. And for you won't chamber a round accidently
>>
Blocks off mag tube. Single and Repeat. I believe they use it for skeet and trap mostly. My A500 is like that. I think A5s are too.
>>
By blocking off mag tube, I mean it won't chamber a shell that's in it. Also,
>Claudia
>>
>>29458963

On s when you rack the pump it will just eject the spent casing, it won't load a new one from the tube.

R will reload from the tube when you rack it. Make sure you know what your doing when you disassemble, you can mess that thing up a bit.

Also test a variety of loads before you hunt with it. Bps is known for having too tight mag rubes, and you'll find that when you rack it softly it doesn't reload.

Also before you buy a barrel know what years you've got.
>>
>>29459717

Also how much you pay? How is the rest of the gun?
>>
File: image.jpg (800 KB, 3264x962) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
800 KB, 3264x962
Thanks for all the replies, guys, I'm glad I know exactly what the R and S stand for. I'll post a couple more pictures

It's in pretty good condition, it's fairly banged up from hunting (there's a bit of deer hair in the gun where you load the shells lol)

I picked it up for $450
>>
>>29459836

It's a slug gun? Rifled barrel?

Depending on age you might have over paid but not by much depending on the state.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29459861
It's a smooth bore, and I don't think it's just a slug gun, but I don't know too much about shotguns

The barrel definitely needs love>>29459861
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
More info on the gun

Anyone have a ballpark on the value, since one anon mentioned I may have overpaid?
>>
>>29459882
You seem to have rifle sites on there, not a bead. How long is the barrel?

>>29459913

Where does it say it was made? Japan?
>>
>>29460013

My blue book of pew pews says 200 dollery doos at 90% condition, which is being nice.

Discontinued in 1998, so I'm pretty sure it can't accept the newer barrels for the bps.

Are you a lefty per chance?

I only know these things because I fixed one for a friend.
>>
>>29460013
it indeed does have rifle sights, and it is made in japan as you say. I believe its a 24 inch barrel, as the info in the pic in >>29459882 includes " 24'' "

>>29460074
I am not a lefty; I'm pretty surprised that it would be only $200, as this I got it from a place I know well and trust. Obviously, they're in the business of making money, but more than double after markup? Interesting
>>
>>29459913

And don't feel too bad about over paying, happens to everyone.

>>29460409

Depends on the state really. It is marketed as a slug gun, just not a rifled barrel slug gun. Iirc shoot rifled slugs through it for durr.

What state you hail from friend? In certain parts of commiefornia that would be less of a "rip off".

But don't feel bad like I said, as long as it shoots good you can be happy. Be wary of short stroking it, you have to be pretty violent with the slide imo.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.