[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age should a child learn to shoot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Glock.jpg (5 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
Glock.jpg
5 KB, 261x193
At what age should a child learn to shoot?
>>
File: 1438676944287.gif (263 KB, 600x304) Image search: [Google]
1438676944287.gif
263 KB, 600x304
>>
Boring answer: when they are old enough to grasp the gravity of the hobby and follow instructions.
>>
>>29451483
this
>>
>Yuropoor spawn
Never
>American children
Trick question... as every American child emerges from the womb with basic firearm skills.
>>
>>29451483
So 25?
>>
File: 1c2.jpg (13 KB, 534x266) Image search: [Google]
1c2.jpg
13 KB, 534x266
>>29451380
Whenever he feels like it, so long as he's coherent.
So what do I win for posting the obviously correct answer?
>>
>>29451527
sadly, not according to the many people ive seen at pubic ranges.
>>
>>29451527
No no that is Texas.
>>
File: 1457919293318.png (237 KB, 540x517) Image search: [Google]
1457919293318.png
237 KB, 540x517
>>29451599
This. Just the other day, I was at the range and everyone yelled "CLEAR" down the line to cease shooting so we can all check our targets. About 30 long seconds pass and people start walking beyond the firing line.
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANGBANGBANGBANG.
WHAT THE FUCK?!
Some 12 year old twerp thinks it's okay to clear a full size beretta by dumping it downrange while people are out there.
Everybody is in awe at the stupidity.
Parents did nothing. They looked almost proud.
This is why the firearms community is going to shit.
>>
Started my two boys on the pellet rifle when the oldest was 7. Weren't allowed to shoot until they could recite the four rules. Youngest just turned 11 and is definitely more safety concious and probably soon to be a better marksman than I.
>>
5/6 - Start explaining and enforcing basic gun safety

7 - first BB gun, like a Red Ryder or similar. Only take them out to shoot it once they have memorized the safety rules (if my brother and I could do it within 2 days, any 7 year old should be able to).

8 - first single-shot .22LR

9 - introduce other .22 firearms for exposure and practice, continue to build fundamentals with single-shot

10 - introduce medium-power centerfire rifles and small bore shotguns, no larger than 20ga (and make sure that 20ga weighs more than 6 lbs, lol)

11 - regular exposure to small-bore shotguns, .22's, medium-caliber rifles. Introduce lower-recoil high power rifles, like .243 Win, sub-~12lbs or felt recoil, etc. Introduce .22 target pistols (Think Ruger Mark I/II/III, High Standard, Browning Buckmark... -- NO snubbies, short-barreled, etc., because children can really fucking stupid with muzzle sweep and the shorter the barrel, the easier it is for the stupid)

12 - first 12ga shotgun and regular use of it. Regular use of semiauto .22's and medium-power centerfire semiautos. Several high-power rifle trips to the range to solidify sight-in skills and familiarity.

Should be good after that, as long as you're not teaching them the wrong shit.
>>
My wife's son learned at 6 and he's a natural at it, so probably around there
>>
>>29451380
>>
The first time I fired a full auto was when I was 12. Boyscout friend's dad brought it on our camping trip to a range. He was a part of a SWAT team.
>>
>>29452191
Yep. It's the smug assholes like this who ruin it for everyone. They're the reason we have to take CCW classes, they're the reason we have to take hunting safety classes -- if I was range officer I would have kicked them the fuck out...shit, they're the reason we have fucking range officers -- in the Dakota's in the 90's we never had range officers. You just paid your dues and got a key.
>>
>>29451599
>pubic
>>
Right out of the womb.
>>
>>29451380
Most infants can lay prone. This is for a reason.
>>
I remember shooting as young as 6 or so.

Basically, as soon as they can hold the rifle and understand why they're doing what they're doing.
>>
What age for a handgun?
>>
>>29453134
In my home town they still do that and ND has state ranges that are free to go to with no RO.
>>
>>29451380
that fucking file name

>triggered
>>
>>29453083
this

throw in 14 years old to learn centerfire handgun skills -- if super unfucked kids, 12 is probably fine
>>
File: image(1).jpg (63 KB, 486x441) Image search: [Google]
image(1).jpg
63 KB, 486x441
>>29451532
too late, faggot libtarded friends have ruined your wife's kids life with anti fun propaganda.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.