[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So fire clean is suing vuurwapen blog apparently... Choose sides...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: Screenshot_2016-03-31-11-42-58.png (157 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-31-11-42-58.png
157 KB, 720x1280
So fire clean is suing vuurwapen blog apparently... Choose sides...
>>
Did these assholes ever heard of Streisand effect?
>>
>>29448026
Fuck fire clean and anyone supporting them
>>
File: laughinggoatskull.gif (92 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
laughinggoatskull.gif
92 KB, 500x453
>Vuurwapen; causing industry butthurt since 2009
>>
File: 1410297350298.gif (483 KB, 243x270) Image search: [Google]
1410297350298.gif
483 KB, 243x270
>yfw this is the final, last desperate act of Fireclean
>>
>Choose between a faggot blogger and a high price lube company

No. If they both disappeared tomorrow it wouldn't affect me in the least.
>>
I use fireclean but haven't had to buy a bottle in ages because I got the two pack. I think fireclean's problem is that they are not getting new customers since the fracas began and existing customers don't have to buy more because it lasts a while unless you're servicing a ton of weapons. I add a few drops here and there and 2oz per bottle is going to take a while to get through.
>>
>>29448878

It's just canola oil with anti-rancidity compounds and some fragrance added, you know that right
>>
Vuurwapen. He's in the right. FireClean is just a mixture of vegetable oils. FireClean is banking on Vuurwapen backing down before they have to go to court and that gets proven.

Also Vuurwapen called Snickers and FireClean out on that "smoke test" and I love seeing more hard evidence that the Fat One is a massive lying sellout.
>>
>>29448966
Yeah. Still works and I already have it. $30 is by one of the lower amounts I've wasted on something

>>29448995
That test was dumb as fuck to begin with.
>>
>>29449352
Which is why it didn't make sense to fake it.
>>
>>29448966
if you were to read the lawsuit they state it isn't canola oil, soybean oil or any derivative. it seems odd to state that in your legal brief if it is an outright lie.

>>29448995
They state that it is a mixture of vegetable, nut, and shrub oil that doesn't exceed 25%. what they are emphatically stating is that it isn't canola oil and are suing because vuurwapen stated that it was and that they were lying stating that it wasn't canola oil
>>
>>29448026
this is so stupid
if they have enough evidence to prove vuurwapen blog libeled them, they should have just released it to the public
>>
>>29449767
it won't bring back the 25k per month over 8 months that they supposedly have lost since his blog posts. I guess they don't believe that proving it to the public would give them that 200k back, but suing and winning will prove it to the public and get them their 200k.
>>
File: Ian but.webm (639 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Ian but.webm
639 KB, 640x640
>>
>>29449744
IIRC Vuurwapen specifically said its NOT canola oil, it's just EXTREMELY SIMILAR TO canola oil, based on lab testing and their own patent application.

>>29449767
Exactly. But they don't because Vuurwapen was both right and very careful in how he worded what he found. They're just hoping they can make him back down at a lawsuit and everyone will just assume he was wrong while ignoring that FireClean dodged the issue of proving it.
>>
>>29449798
They wouldn't have lost that if they'd proved him wrong at the time.

They chose to hope it would all go away.
>>
File: 1394432140299.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1394432140299.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>
fuck fireclean. Fuck coldsteel.

fuck these shitbags
>>
>>29448026
Vuurwapen, I choose YOU!
>>
FYI Vuurwapen Blog has a GoFundMe set up: that website /spwt9qss
>>
>>29449830
Are spergs randomly grabassing Ian now?
>>
>>29448026
>>29450051
>Vuurwapen, I choose YOU!
This. Tuohy is one of my favorite gun bloggers. The amount of butthurt this is causing among the various gun forum "SMEs" is hilarious...bunch of fucking shills.
>>
>>29449352
2 ozs for 30 dollars? Fuck i thought the 16 oz bottle of weapon sheild i bought for 25 dollars was expensive.
>>
>>29448026
Kill the Bloggers
>>
I don't use fireclean, probably never will. I don't read regularly read Vuurwapen blog, and don't plan to.

I did skim through the original article and read through some discussions. I will continue to enjoy the drama.

Not placing bets though, since I don't know how libel suits work. vuurwapen did use the terms "probably" "maybe" and what not a lot as to not specifically state anything, but maybe fireclean can work off intent? I also remember reading somewhere that the person doing the test was a student or intern or some such and that it was never disclosed.
>>
>>29448026
So, I'm assuming that this would be a civil case over libel or defamation, in which case, it's only going to stand up if vuurwapen blog made any false statements. It's not defamation to say something bad about someone else, as long as it's true.

So, the upshot of this is that Fireclean is going to have to disclose the composition and methods for making their product, if they want to have any case at all.
>>
>>29451602
They have test done by a proper lab as evidence. It's the last few exhibits in the PDF. I don't know what it means, but it's there

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/merged_document.pdf
>>
>>29451602
Yes, but the purpose of lawsuits like this isn't to win in court, it's to intimidate one side into silence.
>>
File: lol1.jpg (20 KB, 671x184) Image search: [Google]
lol1.jpg
20 KB, 671x184
Y'all should actually take the time to read the court filings for gems like this.
>>
>>29451632
>wahh he didn't include control in his testing
>proceed to do their own test without controls or side by side comparisons

OY FUCKING VEY
>>
RIP Fireclean. This is your swan song.
>>
File: IFANCA-Halal-Cert.aspx.png (275 KB, 988x963) Image search: [Google]
IFANCA-Halal-Cert.aspx.png
275 KB, 988x963
>>29451694
When it comes to lubricants used in the food industry, for my guns, I have and continue to prefer Lubriplate SFL products.
>>
>>29451680
>court filings
>REPLY button

Plus, it's well known Bill Cosby prefers rapeseed oil.
>>
>>29449903
Thank God for tactical poker face. Its like playing fallout with 1 agility point.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.