[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pushdaggers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 570x428
Are push daggers as effective as people claim? Are they really that great of a hideaway weapon? Or is it all just a meme?
>>
They do give you a significant advantage over an unarmed opponent and are great if you only have unarmed training (like boxing or whatever) since it uses the same techniques, but boosts the effectiveness

But if you have knife fighting experience and training, i do believe classic knives to be more versatile and better as a whole
>>
Good stabbie, great hidie, bad slashie.
>>
>>29439279
>just a meme?
Yes. Everything is a meme now.
>>
They put holes in people. Unless you hit the heart or central nervous system, you're not going to drop someone dedicated to killing you quickly. It is what it is, a knife.
>>
>>29439279
>Are push daggers as effective as people claim?

just remember, 99.999999999999999999% of people who sell/review/promote self defense knives, or combat knives in general, have never used them for their intended purpose. I'm included in that group, but it seems to me that these knives would limit you compared to a conventional knife for the reasons listed above.
>>
/k/ has concluded that it is impossible to defend yourself with a knife. No one has ever done such a thing, and you would be better off curling up into a ball and screaming than drawing a blade in self-defense.
>>
>>29439413

You should never slash anyway, slashes do fuck all.
>>
File: Adamas 175 CBK.jpg (76 KB, 750x522) Image search: [Google]
Adamas 175 CBK.jpg
76 KB, 750x522
>>29439279

Essentially what this anon said: >>29439382

I use it because I have a decent amount unarmed training. I have no long knife/straight knife training. That makes the push dagger perfect for me, because it simply gives me a slightly longer, much sharper fist. A vertical jab becomes something much more dangerous for an opponent. I don't have to change my technique to use it, whereas a straight knife uses a different fighting style altogether.

If you're looking for a non-meme/non-coldsteel version, Benchmade makes a high-quality (albeit pricey) push dagger called the Adamas 175. Comes with a nice kydex sheath, too.

Pic Related.
>>
the dangerous part of a push dagger is people dont know its there
someone punches the other guy blocks instead of dodges and gets stabbed
its not an immediately lethal stab since most pushdaggers are short but at this point bleeding guys at a serious disadvantage and push dagger guy can punchstab multiple times
>>
>>29439490
They're easier to land than stabs, you can attack at range without exposing your core, and they weaken your opponent by getting him leaking.
>>
It's like carry a .380 mouse gun vs a full size Glock

Better to have SOMETHING vs nothing
>>
>>29439279
Great hideout weapon. I keep one taped to the inside of my baseball cap, and it's already beat a hand-held metal detector search. If I ever need it, I just grab it and stability through the hat.
>>
>>29439279
They're shit, I'd rather go for a cheap huntsman knife or a bayonet
>>
>>29439608
>stab
>>
>>29439522
Sound logic. Thanks for the suggestions, but I'd rather make my own push knife. Make it perfect for me.
>>
>>29439452
I've used push daggers to kill boars. They're generally a lot thicker than long-kives and so I feel more comfortable severing the spinal cord with them. Obviously, I've never had a chance to kill a person with a push-knife, but I'd feel awkward using it in a fight because the bulged grip tends to wobble in my hand.
>>
what do you use a push dagger for, when you can't carry a firearm? or carry both?
>>
>>29439771
Cops sometimes carry knives for weapons retention. Someone tries to take their gun, so they hold it down with one hand and stab with the other
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I do not know if there that practice but this is the one I made for myself
>>
>>29439279

I'd say the average person would do better with a push dagger vs a knife vs another knife.

I mean really if you can work a speed bag you can really wreck somebody up with something like that. A good jab to the face would put somebody up on the shelf. If they grab you then you can uppercut them and tear up all kinds of shit you don't want to have holes in it better than if you were trying to maneuver a knife around.
>>
>>29439902
I kept a pair of cheap ones on my garter belt, they were crap, but at least they were sharp. Good for surprise cat womynz action and run.

Or worse comes to shit, stab the armpit, inner knee, solar plexus, inner elbow, and inner thigh near the groin.

Armpit WILL kill them though, there are NO pressure points to stop that bleed out, so you'd better be prepared to live with it.

The same areas can be struck, very painfully, with a few different fists. I'll post diagram in a second.
>>
>>29439483

It's not that it's impossible to defend yourself with a knife, it's that knives aren't deadly anymore in the modern world.
>>
>>29440381
>I'll post diagram in a second.
Post pic of garter belt and knives too. Oh, and tits while you're at it.
>>
>>29439483
A baton is a way better choice. A gun would be a better choice. The only place knives are ideal are in stupidly confined spaces like a car.
>>
File: Kimberly.jpg (141 KB, 884x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kimberly.jpg
141 KB, 884x1200
>>29439279
It's not a meme, OP.

I make a professional living off of pulling memes out of my anus and stuffing them back in (heil Hitler), and I can tell you that push daggers are no memes.

Not once in my thirteen years of work have I ever pulled a push dagger out of my ayyy-nors (heil Hitler) or crammed a push dagger back into it. If I had, the dankness would have been felt and nigger jew nigger jew heresy heresy here-a-schwah 2016.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.