[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Streamlights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1458978819042.jpg (142 KB, 1500x722) Image search: [Google]
1458978819042.jpg
142 KB, 1500x722
Are they really that bad?
>>
>>29438247
gun lights?

well they aren't very useful in the daytime outside but inside in the dark holy shit do they work
>>
>>29438247
the only people that hate on streamlight are surefire fans.
>>
>>29438533
But are they reasonably durable? I really don't mind spending the extra $100 for a surefire but if it isn't finnicky and is as durable as say a primary arms micro dot vs and aimpoint (surefire comparison), I might just get a streamlight.
>>
>>29438694
the tlr1 is the best thing in its price range it pretty much shits over everything else until you get to surefire money but its 1/3 the price of a surefire
>>
>>29438694
streamlights are great- durable, affordable, and comes in many options.
even if you exclude the price difference, id still pick a streamlight tlr1 or HL over the surefure x300.
better mounting system and switches on the streamlight.
of course, im sure another anon will be here soon to tell me im wrong, which is fine.
>yada, yada, yada, opinions and assholes
>YMMV
>>
File: image.png (67 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67 KB, 500x333
>>29438815

No you're a fucking poorfag retard, you need a sure fire to impress strangers on an outdated Mongolian finger painting forum. Navy seals use sure fire bro, let me tell you all about someone I know who broke one and how they can only be submerged under water for an hour instead of a few hours like the sure fire. Did I mention how poor you are?
>>
>>29438694

I've owned both, and the Surefire is much much better, even considering the cost. The Streamlight feels like a cheap piece of shit compared to the Surefire.
>>
>>29438815

The Streamlight switch is worse than the Surefire. With the Streamlight the only momentary is by rotating the switch, but the Surefire you can just press the back of the switch for momentary.
>>
>>29438247
I have had a tlr1s for about 4 years now and I have had it mounted to an ar10, ar15, m&p.40, glockenspiel 17, and a p226 without a single problem for well over 3k rnds collectively.

Alternatively, I have a surefire x300ultra that I only had for 6 months mounted on a p226 and after about 500rnds the power supply failed and I had to send it into surefire. After 9 weeks (not including the week and a half it took them to finally get me an RMA, sat on hold for an hour and a half at one point. Shit was jokes) it finally has come back and works, for now.

If I had to take one light with me into the fray it would be my streamlight. It works, it has a great battery life, and the strobe makes everything better. The surefire no doubt was a lemon, but then again I haven't needed to send in the tlrs.
>>
>>29438815

The new X300 uses the X400 style mount which is basically the same as the streamlight. No mount advantage on the streamlight anymore.
>>
They're good lights. People seriously need to stop coming to /k/ expecting to get good advice on guns and equipment though, there's plenty of sources of knowledge from people who you can verify are actually knowledgeable and experienced with this stuff.
>>
>>29438247
Streamlights have issues when cold
They arent as strong
They arent as tolerant of abuse

They are cheaper.
>>
File: tmp_15689-NRG1Cokh-1688849931.jpg (117 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15689-NRG1Cokh-1688849931.jpg
117 KB, 1024x768
Step aside outdated poorfags, today's poorfag coming through
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.