[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Hicock 45? I enjoy his stuff but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12
File: hick.jpg (206 KB, 600x332) Image search: [Google]
hick.jpg
206 KB, 600x332
What are your thoughts on Hicock 45? I enjoy his stuff but I might just be being a noob.
>>
>happy grandpa simulator with guns
what's not to like
>>
>>29431200
He's the cool uncle/granpa noone on /k/ will ever have
>>
>>29431200
>I enjoy his stuff

that's all that matters. the opinions of a bunch of fedora-tipping basement-dwelling nofunz autists matters not one iota.
>>
>>29431200
I'm still waiting for a copypasta about Hickok45 having 'nam-style flashbacks about 2 liters in the bush.

I'm not creative enough.
>>
>>29431297
Him going to nam would make sense considering how much pot he smokes.
>>
>>29431200
I like his stuff. I've been watching him since before I became hasguns. In a lot of ways, he's a great spokesperson for guns in general. He doesn't come off as arrogant, he doesn't pretend to be a SPECOPS OPFOR SPOOK OPERATOR, he doesn't come off as militant or hostile, he doesn't come off as some weird conspiracy theorist, he does a good job of not letting politics override gun discussion, and he doesn't come off as racist.
>>
>>29431200
Im sad that ill never get to meet him, breddy based guy
>>
>>29431346
Pretty much this. His videos take a light tone, contain actual shooting, and don't take them selves to seriously unlike certain sheepdawgz out there.
>>
I hate to complain, but is it really necessary to have "what does /k/ think of this guy" threads featuring someone who has almost attained meme status already?

Does anyone browse anymore or is OP just a newfag?
>>
>>29431200
hey's cool but i never watch his videos all the way through. I skip around or just watch the beginning.

he tends to ramble
>>
Let's smoke some pot
>>
he's an IRL shitposter

god bless him
>>
Keep the hood safe, H
>>
>>29431200
Probably the single greatest voice for the pro gun side.
>>
>>29431782
This.

I enjoy his videos, but he can be a little long winded.

Wish he was my grandpa though.
>>
>>29431297
*fade to frame from black
*extreme close up of a young, wide eyed, sweating hickok
>hey
>shh
>hey
>you there
>yea yew
>shh
>get
>shh
>come over here
>take a looka this
>thats right
>its an
>em sixteen
>and
>shh
>yes
>thats right
>an emmmmm sixteeeeeeeen
>mhm
>take a look at this lil switch here
>that's riiiiight
>it's a fun switch
>which means
>shh
>i turn it on when i'm having too much fun
>killing zipperheads
>y'know
>full auto
>heh
>so
>fullllllllll autoooooooo
>heh
>shh
>i know we gotta be quiet out here in the jungle
>but
>lets put a few rounds through it
>see if we can take out some of these two litres we got here
>thats right
>got m'self some two litres
>all the way out here in vietnaaaaaam
>nineteen sixty fiiiiiiive
*camera slowly zooms out from hickocks face
*pans out to the clearing ahead
*several vietnamese villagers decapitated heads are mounted on crude stakes, each at varying elevation and distance
>we'll even try to see if we can hit the gong
>I think we can with this
>fullllllll autoooooo
*as he says this, the camera zooms to focus on an advancing NVA armored squadron
*camera zooms out and gets back to hickok
*his face is sweating madly and he's locked his teeth in what he must think is a grin but he really just looks terrified
>alll righty then
>lets take some shots
>with this
>em sixteen
>fullllllllll autooooooooo
BAMBAMBAM
>heh
BAMBAMBAMBAMBAM
>heh
>this full auto really
>makes those two literes fly
>doesn't it john
>heh
>fullllllll autoooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>29432153
damn you had a chance to make a good copypasta and you ruined it.
>>
>>29431200
I think he's pretty stupid, and I don't see why the majority of /k/ likes him. But that's just me.
>>
>>29431200
He talks too long and shoots too little just like nutnfancy
>>
>loading gun and talking bullshit
>here we go guise
>shoots gun that is blatantly some sample PR model
>oh wow this gun is good you guise
>20 minutes later
>that was fun. still not as good as glawk though
>>
>>29432181
At least he is going to die which is a good thing
>>
20 minutes of:
>shilling for Federal
>shilling for Bud's kike shop
>shilling for the gun he's shooting, even if it's shit
>reading the marketing brochure for the gun he's shooting
>reloading magazines
>repeating the same fucking phrases
>muh glawk
>muh TOOOO LEETER
>muh smoke a pot
>muh GONG

Boring garbage that is only rivaled buy nutnfaggot and CockSucker8888.
>>
>Oh no! High fructose corn syrup!
>Haha! Just kidding.
>Hickock45 here.
>>
>>29432229
Wasn't he also shilling for Walther now too?
>>
>>29432164
What's this you've said to me, my good friend? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in conflict resolution, and I've been involved in numerous friendly discussions, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in polite discussions and I'm the top mediator in the entire neighborhood. You are worth more to me than just another target. I hope we will come to have a friendship never before seen on this Earth. Don't you think you might be hurting someone's feelings saying that over the internet? Think about it, my friend. As we speak I am contacting my good friends across the USA and your P.O. box is being traced right now so you better prepare for the greeting cards, friend. The greeting cards that help you with your hate. You should look forward to it, friend. I can be anywhere, anytime for you, and I can calm you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my dank maymays. Not only am I extensively trained in conflict resolution, but I have access to the entire group of my friends and I will use them to their full extent to start our new friendship. If only you could have known what kindness and love your little comment was about to bring you, maybe you would have reached out sooner. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now we get to start a new friendship, you unique person. I will give you gifts and you might have a hard time keeping up. You're finally living, friend.
>>
File: hickok 45 brings the heat.jpg (324 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
hickok 45 brings the heat.jpg
324 KB, 800x800
>>29431346

This exactly. He's the perfect introduction to funz anybody could ask for.

Yeah, sure, he's not perfect. He shills a bit, has biases, isn't as critical as he could be, and (excluding Glock) is kind of the stereotypical fudd, but he's usually quite upfront about his reservations. And, fundamentally, he's fun to watch and be around. He's not the l33t SPECOPS OGA MAJOR LEAGUE INFIDEL that Vickers is, he's not nearly as droll, dry, and professional as Ian is, but he's just a general joy to watch. Vickers and Ian, for all their strengths, can get tiring to watch, and scary/inaccessible for newfags.

You want to convince noguns that the fun life is actually worth getting into? Act more like Hickok, and less like Mr. Multicam & Flat Dark Earth
>>
>>29432229

Pretty much this.

IV8888 was cool when it was 2-8 minute videos. All this 30-45 minute horse shit is exactly that. I skip through those in about 5 minutes looking for actual substance.

Hickock's videos are just flat out boring.
>>
File: big boss approves.gif (1020 KB, 257x194) Image search: [Google]
big boss approves.gif
1020 KB, 257x194
>>29432315
>>
H45 reminds me so much of my oldest uncle when I was a kid, he was a big-game hunter and the coolest alcoholic EVAR
>>
File: Hickok MP40.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hickok MP40.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>29431200

I think he's pretty great even if some of his vids can carry on a little too long.

I also envy the hell out of his shooting range.
>>
>>29432390
>KeepingSamsClubInBusiness.webm
>>
File: lol4.jpg (91 KB, 568x714) Image search: [Google]
lol4.jpg
91 KB, 568x714
>>29432315
>>
>>29431200
Granpa Hickok is probably the chillest personality in the gun scene. But before I go into this comment anymore let me take a moment to thank our sponsor federal for giving us this ammo and buds gun shop for letting us use this dank meme.
>>
>Hicock will never let you use his range
:/
>>
>>29431200
He's cool as fuck and I've been watching him for a long time. His lame jokes never get old. He reminds me of how cool my grandfather was.
>>
>>29432566
just go to the desert
>>
>>29431733
>>29432333
Well shiiiiiiit dub 3s and trip 3s. Hickock confirmed for best gateway drug for getting into guns.
>>
>>29431200
>you will never suck on hickok's overweight man titties

why even live?
>>
he's more about the gun and its history versus the actual shooting of it.
>>
>>29432390
>SIX MILLION 2-LITERS
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (111 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
111 KB, 1360x768
Quick /k/! Who is the dumbest gun youtuber? My vote goes to pic related.
>>
File: 1421781296915.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1421781296915.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>29433353
>>
>>29433371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-YMjuyNA8
>>
>>29433353
oh god I forgot about that. that guy who made homemade guns is pretty dumb. I forget his name.
>>
>>29433411
>guy who made homemade guns
My curiosity is piqued. Were they just generic slambangs or more sophisticated abominations?
>>
>>29433438
found him, I mean just look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTf_L1S0F8
>>
>>29433454

I love this guy
He's fucking retarded
I keep hoping theres gonna be a vid of him blowing him self up
>>
>>29433493
"Will a 50 bmg fire out of a pvc slamfire?"
>>
>>29433454
wtf...

What a fucking waste of .50 bmg ammunition.
>>
>>29433505
eh, he bought it, he can do whatever he likes.
>>
>>29432333
How is Hickok a fudd? He shoots machine guns fairly frequently. Fudds are AWB supporters.
>>
I love his videos simply because of the childish giddiness he gets shooting any firearm.
>>
File: 854x480_default.jpg (77 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
854x480_default.jpg
77 KB, 854x480
>>29434413
Grandpa gun's light chuckle is the best, rivaled only by his hatred of those dirty two liters.
>>
>>29432390
#cokelivesmatter
>>
>>29434293
>How is Hickok a fudd?

He really isn't, but I needed to concede something to the operautistos.
>>
>>29433394
Fucking just wow...
>>
>>29431200
Just wish his reviews were more critical, he seems to do vs videos with no real winner, and they both are good or whatever. (Guess he doesn't want to piss off any manufacture so makes sense...)
>>
>>29434950
Only takes one memegineer to start a fire, and everyone else to keep it burning. You dun did good kid.
>>
>>29433493
He did a fuck ton of guns already, I doubt he will ever blow himself up since he knows his shit.
>>
>>29433411
>that guy who made homemade guns is pretty dumb
He tests all of his shit and it works though.
>>
>>29433438
Sophisticated variations of slambangs mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK9NqYwr-Qw
>>
>>29433454
I liked his pants on head retarded shotgun shell arrows. It was like something straight out of a stupid 80s action movie.
>>
File: hitsfromthegong.jpg (241 KB, 1200x1188) Image search: [Google]
hitsfromthegong.jpg
241 KB, 1200x1188
>>29431200
I really like his videos.
>>
>>29432153
Im dying.
>>
>>29432217
Eat shit in kike hell feinstein. I know thats you.
>>
Why does everyone get butthurt that he shills for Federal and Buds? They get exposure, he gets shit to make videos with, and we get to watch the videos. What world do you turboniggers live in where any of that is upsetting? God forbid you be exposed to five seconds of marketing before you watch 15 minutes of free content.
>>
>>29432940
I guess that's just a personal taste thing but I honestly don't need to see some bald guy in his late 30s get out his TACTICAL GEAR and shoot for 10mins. I'd rather just talk about the gun. That's why you watch his vids senpai.
>>
>>29436180
I have no idea where the butthurt comes from. He mentions them briefly. I don't think I've seen a video of his that has more than a minute for thanking his sponsors. I absolutely hate watching ads but I don't mind it at all when he talks about Buds or Federal.
>>
File: Ian.png (1 MB, 977x713) Image search: [Google]
Ian.png
1 MB, 977x713
>>29431200
He's good and entertaining, but if you want to be more than just entertained there is one who stands above all.
>>
>>29436199
This

You fucks realize he started this out of his pocket with a shitty camera and the guns he had, right? He then slowly built a base of viewers and therefore businesses donate stuff to him. He's thankful they provide him the opportunity to continue. That doesn't make him a shill, it makes him an OK guy.

If your best friend gives you a bunch of steaks and you feed them to your family, you're probably going to say something like "anon gave me these and they're delicious, let's thank anon." Hickok does the same. He isn't saying you should buy from federal or Buds, he just says they help him out and he's thankful. Since when is that shilling?
>>
drive on big h
>>
>>29431200
I check out his videos just to check out some guns he has. Other than that, his videos are kind of meh. He is overall a likeable old guy. His son fucking sucks.
>>
>>29433504
kek
>>
>>29431200

Normal dude who is knowledgeable about firearms and has preferences for certain makers but doesn't slam it down your throat like a faggot and usually finds something nice to say about whatever piece he is firing that day even if he says a lot of negatives as well.

He is the only guy you can watch all of his videos for and not think to yourself (wow, he is being kinda faggoty in this video).
>>
>>29433411
Royal Nonesuch or The Unknown Cat?
>>
File: _20150906_041746.jpg (72 KB, 540x806) Image search: [Google]
_20150906_041746.jpg
72 KB, 540x806
>>29432229
Uhh boohoo. I know the memories of your gradpappy rubbing his krinkly hands all over your body, and gumming your ass cheeks really effected you, but hickok did t do it. Appreciate what he does, or im calling the internet cops.
>>
>>29431200
I tell people that he's the cool grandpa of the firearms community, especially the YouTube firearms community
>>
>>29432229
You Like cokefag don't you squidward?
>>
>>29436291
What video is that from?
>>
>>29432153
>didn't put his ears on
3/10 apply yourself
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.