[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: dalai 5.jpg (96 KB, 350x561) Image search: [Google]
dalai 5.jpg
96 KB, 350x561
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - His holiness the fourteenth Dalai Lama

Why haven't you converted to Buddhism yet, /k/?
>>
White Buddhists are cancer. I've never met a non-Asian Buddhist who is in any way worthy of respect.
>>
>>29427651
This
>>
Because based St. JPII said you should defend your life and the lives of those you hold dear. And to fight communism
Based pope best pope
>>
File: Pope-Kissing-Immigrants-Feet.jpg (466 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
Pope-Kissing-Immigrants-Feet.jpg
466 KB, 940x545
>>29427668
Oh how the mighty have fallen
>>
>>29427514
>Why haven't you converted to Buddhism yet, /k/?
because that's just common sense? nothing to do with religion
>>
>>29427689

That's pretty humble.
>>
>>29427689
To quote Enrico Maxwell:
We have come together for one divine reason:
FUCK THENEW POPE!
>>
>>29427514
Don't wanna be religiously pigeonholed into being vegan. I like mah meat.

Other than that buddhism is pretty cool.
>>
>>29427514
This.

I know a police chaplain who goes to the aikido school I used to train at. He's a really good monk and a really good aikidoka in theory, but he's one of those tards who thinks that martial arts aren't supposed to represent anything and it's pointless trying to make aikido work as a practical thing for fighting.

He put forth the argument one time that drawing your weapon at the right time in sync with what's going on can be harmonious and avoid bloodshed, and that type of thing is the original meaning of the katsujinken (life giving sword) and he got all "YOU KNOW IF YOU DRAW YOUR GUN AND DON"T SHOOT YOU"LL GET ARRESTED EVEN IF YOU"RE A COP< I KNOW IM A PART TIME VOLUNTEER POLICE CHAPLAIN.".

tl;dr: white buddists in martial arts are always the type who think martial arts aren't for fighting and the katsujinken is not about sparing your opponent it's about avoiding conflict.
>>
>>29427723
Nobody really cares unless if you're a monk and only then of one sect of bhuddism.
>>
>>29427760
It is pointless to try to make Aikido work for fighting. Aikido is by far the least effective martial art ive practiced.
>>
>>29427760

While I wouldn't say its completely pointless to try to use Aikido as a fighting art what that guy said is pretty much directly aligned with the philosophy Aikido was founded on. By the very nature of its teaching style it is oriented towards self defense and self improvement through martial arts.

You learn how to be thrown before you learn how to throw to humble you and teach you how to avoid injuring your enemy. Pain compliance techniques are to be applied with the minimal force needed to stop their resistance. You are to be patient and kind to a person that you could (and may want) to seriously injure, even when you are in a position where only a few more pounds of pressure would do so.

t b h if you want to learn a good way to throw dudes at the ground and break their arms then you should look at judo.
>>
>>29427651

What about hispanics or native american Buddhists?
>>
[citation needed]
>>
>>29427514
They might have taken the fourteenth Dalai Lama seriously on the subject.

see http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=3,1964,0,0,1,0
>>
>>29427689
The simple fact that they're participating in a Christian ritual means they're probably not mudslimes. There's actually a pretty large orthodox population in some places is syria.

Unlike the refugees in the UK who kill each other over saying "happy Easter to my Christian neighbors" over social media
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.