[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun lube dynamic friction evaluation test
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (332 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332 KB, 650x650
Conclusion: no firearm 'likes' to be run 'wet'.

http://youtu.be/J5LeeIfvLm0
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 950x534
>>29427350
And this
https://www.shootersforum.com/gun-cleaning/91566-results-gun-care-product-evaluation.html

It bears repeating and frankly these tests should be added to sticky I think
>>
You're right, BRB taking all the oil out of my car.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 889x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 889x526
Do they like to run scented like a Hawaiian beach vacation
>>
>>29427350
Fuck what amazing news

I guess I'll fuck myself in the ass dry for now on
>>
>>29427362
A 2 year old test? So much has changed since then. Never ad things to a sticky that change every 20 minutes.
>>
>>29427390
Car is not a firearm.
>>29427401
Test shows minimal lube not no lube. Ass fucking is not the same as metal action of a firearms anon.
>>
>>29427454
>Car is not a firearm.
Neither is a saw blade :-)
>>
>>29427437
I don't think laws of physics change every 20 mins
>>
I use Hornady one shot with great results. Smells like Teflon. I used frogshit for a while but that's utter crap and overpriced
>>
>lets ignore the fact that people have been lubricating firearms to demonstrable positive effect for literal century and instead go by a non-representative test in in different circumstances on things that aren't firearms done in some guy's basement
>sticky this shit!!!
OP you are a certified retard please head over to the service desk to pick up your badge.
>>
>>29427459
Don't be a fag dude, the excess oil in a car serves more than just a lubricant, to clear the motor of particulates that are deposited 8n the oil from wear and captured on a filter. A saw blade is a decent comparison.
>>
>>29427681
No. It isn't.
>>
>>29427350
Neat, although I don't think the resistances demonstrated should affect any normal firearm in any noticeable way. I can't imagine it overpowering the gas operation knocking the bolt backwards or the springs pushing it forward again.
I think the bigger advantages of light lube would be having less particles sticking to the lube and making the gun dirtier.
>>
>>29427697
I agree. It is not as noticeable on a firearm due to violent action and fast moving. Advantages are less sticking in the winter and a cleaner gun.
>>
>>29427684
Car oil serves also as a coolant and just a lubricant actually. There are examples of cars being test run on distilled water, until it evaporates of course.
>>
>>29427724
That's nice. Tell me again how a saw blade is a firearm.
>>
>>29427729
It's not of course, it demonstrates an increase in friction due to too much lubricant. This applies across the board. Perhaps it doesn't matter too much when it comes to firearms but some of us like to optimize things as much as possible
>>
>>29427783
>but some of us like to optimize things as much as possible
By not lubricating your firearms. Gotcha.
Again, your badge can be picked up at the service desk.
>>
>>29427786
By minimally lubricating firearms, not by a lack of lubrication all together. Did you read the thread? why are you purposely being a dick, we are all here for the betterment of ourselves
>>
>>29427795
>Conclusion: no firearm 'likes' to be run 'wet'.
Try not being retarded about it next time.
>>
Could we instead of getting super shmoove steel get a bunch of caked on carbon lubricated in different amounts compared to dry for the comparison?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.