[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey there /k/ Yesterday, a "refugee" assaulted me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10
File: logoEU.jpg (12 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
logoEU.jpg
12 KB, 640x430
Hey there /k/

Yesterday, a "refugee" assaulted me and my sister. I've always been one to "live and let live", but that's enough. I want to buy myself a handgun for self defense, but I don't know if a pistol or a revolver are better, what caliber, etc.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>29423268
Which country you eu fag ?
>>
I recently purchased a Makarov. Small and reliable.

This is going to be my first handgun.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what are some essentials to have for firearm maintenance? Do you just shoot and clean it?
>>
>>29423273
Austria
>>
>>29423268
Faggot.

Return to pol the power of k compels you
>>
Would you want to conceal it or have it for home defense? You'll get more capacity out of a full size handgun, but obviously you won't really be able to conceal it.
>>
>>29423283
I'm not here to go "hurr durr rapefugees". I just want advice on a reliable self-defense weapon
>>
Makarov
Walther PP
Walther PPS
>>
>>29423289
I prefer something portable, like for a holster.
>>
>>29423290
Well if you carry in Austria you will spend a lifetime in a cell with these scum so I doubt your credibility. Especially since you already know you can go to France or CZ and buy a snub cap and ball revolver legally in any town.

But you are just a cunt from pol in the US doing b8
>>
>>29423268
Honestly just go with something that feels best in your hands, the reason there's not an objective answer is preference.
Go at least 9mm but ALWAYS be using defensive ammo aka HP since FMJ is plain inferior.
Don't carry on an empty chamber, and learn to be confident carrying without a manual safety on because it could make a huge difference.
Also I'd really recommend practicing, taking classes to use your handgun effectively, because the gun is just a tool and it won't be of much without your skills.
>>
Hello from your western neighbour.

First of all: check your laws on concealed carry and self-defense. You don't want to spend 20 years in jail for wasting a guy who has 40 friends already behind bars.
Secondly, the Glock 19 seems to be by general consensus a good compromise between capacity, velocity, size and concealability. Plus, you would be buying locally and supporting your national economy.

Good luck on your quest, m8
>>
>>29423299
Thanks, I'll look into the Walther models more, thanks

>>29423337
I've already talked to the police regarding gun laws, and they basically said "Get a permit, and don't play John Wayne". But thanks for the advice
>>
>>29423283
>>29423328
hurr durr muh /pol/ boogeyman!!!
fresh off the boat from reddit huh, kid?
>>
>>29423268
So you have a waffenpass but need advice from K on carry guns?

You smell of B8
>>
>>29423301
Haye to be that guy, but Glocks would be great for that. A Glock 19 or 26 would be good depending on your body type.
CZ's have a great reputation, as well as Sigs and 1911s.
Honestly, I'm not going g to pick a side. That's your decision after you've done some research and found the best option for you.
>>
>>29423347
Not yet, but I am planning to get all the paperwork done
>>
>>29423354
Then you might want to go to a range and shoot some guns before you go shopping because you sure as shit won't get it with a printout of advice rom k..
>>
>>29423299
PPK as well. 7,65 Browning of course as .380 is probably a lot less common in the EU.
>>
>>29423409
>.380 is probably a lot less common in the EU.
one of THE most common self-defense rounds in Germany and surrounding few countries. I seldom even hear about 7,65.
>>
>>29423332
Best advice in thread.

OP:
Revolvers are "simpler" and generally less "threatening" if that matters.
Semiautomatic are generally easier to shoot well and have a higher capacity.

Once you've decided that, figure out what kind of defensive ammo is available to narrow down what round you want. From there look at available guns in that caliber.

Go to a range and rent or borrow some guns to see which you like best.

Buy a holster, cleaning kit, spare mags or speed loaders, and carriers for the mags or speed loaders. Even if you can't legally carry you never know if things might go tits up and you'll want to carry anyway.

>>29423280
The most important part of firearm maintenance is to keep the gun lubed. Doesn't matter what you use, just use it.
Clean it when it gets too dirty but most guns will shoot "wet" and dirty.
>>
File: 3pywey.jpg (46 KB, 625x375) Image search: [Google]
3pywey.jpg
46 KB, 625x375
>>29423268
>Any suggestions?

Yeah, move to the US; A southern state at that. Most southern states in the US DO NOT accept those "Refugees" because with all of the shit happening in uro town, nobody trusts them nor should we.

Besides most Americans in Southern states are packing heat, including myself. I'll be damned if some mudslim is fucking up my town.
>>
>>29423268
Glock 43

Too bad it's going to take a full year for you to get the permit and everything is going to be banned this summer.
You people all starting threads lately, being scared of the recent migrant crisis and terrorist attacks, are funny. You're awaking way too late, you should have been stocking up on guns and ammo years ago already, but you didn't want to see the obvious that was begging to happen. Enjoy the diversity :)
>>
>>29424084
please tell me how to get a green card to move there
>>
>>29423345
>dont play john wayne

faggots ass bumpkin cops.
>>
>>29424128
>how to get a greencard in the usa

dont be white is pretty much the only rule i dunno why.
>>
>>29424237
thats not the only rule. if you were to call up the immigration department and ask for a green card with your only reason being "not white" they would laugh at you.
>>
>>29423268
Get in shape and learn to fight. If you are a fat piece of shit, you will still be so with a gun. Get whatever feels good for you in whatever caliber is readily available for you. Train a lot, oh and get in shape if you aren't.
>>
>>29423409
>>29423850
>.380
>7,65

Why don't you just use a comma or period for both?

Is there really a difference?
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 590x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 590x343
>>29424288
>If you are a fat piece of shit, you will still be so with a gun

Do you even know who I am?
>>
Get a pistol from the Russian mob or some other crime outfit.
>>
File: Cartridge diagram.jpg (467 KB, 3330x1045) Image search: [Google]
Cartridge diagram.jpg
467 KB, 3330x1045
>>29424348
Yank way of using commas and periods with numbers totally differs from the European way.

In EU, the comma is used to separate decimal parts from the whole numbers (ie: 7,62), while Americans tend to use it to make larger numbers easier to read (ie. ten millions = 10,000,000). Europeans don't do this, but instead tend to leave a small space after every 3rd number (10 000 000).

so yeah, while 7.62x39 and 7,62x39 are the same thing and usually understood correctly by both sides if needed, the inch-based caliber system would look kinda odd with a comma, making .308 -> ,308, or rather, 0,308. And just to confuse some people further, you can also call these "American" calibers with their millimeter names (ie .380ACP = 9x17mm)
>>
>>29424413
Easy there snickers before I call the booth boys to come and rek your shit nigga
>>
>>29424453
Is it technically correct if I call 9x17mm as 153x10^-3m?
>>
>>29424491
eh, I guess, but now you're going to math-nerd territory.
>>
>>29423268
>things that didn't happen: the post
also, guns are illegal in most EU countries (which is sad)
>>
>>29423281
good luck friend
>>
>>29424084
>move to the US; A

>be american
>get shot

>go to watch a movie
>get shot

>go to school
>get shot

>call the police
>get shot

>walk outside at night
>get shot
>>
>>29424688
>guns are illegal
NOPE. You mean carrying guns
>>
If you know some state secrets you could go home to China. There is no muslim inChina.
>>
>>29424491
mathematically correct
but not the official CIP designation
>>
>>29424721
>guns aren't illegal! you can totally have them! you just can't use them for any purpose whatsoever and will be executed by the state if you don't comply.
>>
>>29424128
The other guy who responded to you is retarded, basically you can get in through family, being very skilled in a job area, or line up a job here.
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/green-card-eligibility
>>
>>29424708
>don't move to the US; A

>be eurofag
>get attacked

>go to a concert hall
>get shot

>go to the airport
>get blown up

>draw a cartoon
>get beheaded

>walk outside at night
>get raped

>call the police
>you're a racist
>>
>>29423280
for a makarov? not much to be honest. Just scrub the barrel out with a barrel brush and wipe it down with a thin coat of CLP.

>>29423281
Can you even carry for self defense in Austria? What level of experience do you have with guns, and how much are you willing to do on your part to learn about them and maintain them?
>>
>>29423409
>.380
its called 9mm kurz in germoney and german speaking countries
>>
>>29424838
http://www.cip-bobp.org/homologation/uploads/tdcc/tab-iv/tabivcal-en-page24.pdf

official name is : 9 mm Browning court
Alternative Names: 9mm Browning Kurz (short, corto), 9 mm kurz, 380 ACP, 380 Auto(matic)
>>
>>29423409
Glock makes special euro only Glock models that are double stack 380s
Get a Glock op they are awesome
>>
>>29424810
>Can you even carry for self defense in Austria?
yes, but he won't get the proper license to do so
because nobody gets it anymore besides if it's for your job
>>
>>29423850
That's wild. 7,65 was used for police and military for decades there. I would have bet money on it being popular. Glad to see .380 is a viable option.
>>
>>29424772
well none of those are easy to get unless you are a doctor or some shit.
>>
>>29424885
9mm became pretty much a standard already after WW1, and Walter PP/K is the legendary .380 firearm people dig around those parts.
Some countries even has these silly laws that forbid anything bigger than .38spl being used for self-defense, so .380 semi-autos are quite common civvie firearms. Ruskies based their 9x18 and Makarov on the PPK design.
>>
>>29423281
Hahaha sucks to be you !
eu fag from Poland here
>>
>>29424742
>no muslims in china

EHEHEHEHEHEEHE who do you think causes all the terrorist attacks there?
>>
>>29425025
China has terrorist attacks?
>>
>>29425025
Clearly Tibet and Taiwan
>>
>>29425060
Yes, Bombings and stabbings pretty regularly.

>>29425138
Nah breh, Uighers or however you spell it. pretty sure they are in southern china. Muslim converts.
>>
>>29425060
Quite a few. Hell a couple years ago they had one of their anti-terror guys kill 3 kebabs in 5 seconds, or 5 kebabs in 3 seconds, something of the sort, who were charging around hacking people to death with machetes.
>>
>>29425060
Yeah, those ugyurs or whatever they are called do some serious hacking up with machetes in metros and such
>>
>>29423268
>Any suggestions?
Stop lying on the internet.
>>
File: 1*1VlEIWhT_tG4mYYiuqjYmQ.png (378 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
1*1VlEIWhT_tG4mYYiuqjYmQ.png
378 KB, 1400x2100
In case nobody said it yet: There is currently NO way to get a carry permit for a regular person in Austria.
Pepper spray and blank guns seem to be very popular here.
Blank guns are heavily discouraged, because even with pepper ammo, they're not very effective and can escalate a situation into something where you're seriously fucked, if you don't manage to scare away the attackers.
Mace to the face and legwork is the current best option for personal self defense in Austria.

It is rumored that carry permits for civilians are going to have a comeback, since parliament has promised to create legislation to provide every policeman with one for off duty use.
So after years when cops couldn't carry off duty, it seems reasonable that they will extend this to civilians in a few years in this political climate.

For home defense, get a nice double barreled break action shotgun, since pump action shotguns are banned.
Second best option is a lever action carbine in a pistol caliber, third best a revolver carbine.
Everything else requires a license, don't be a faggot, ask your local gun store, they'll be happy to answer specific questions.
Austrian gun forums are:
https://www.pulverdampf.com/
http://forum.iwoe.at/
>>
>>29423345
Jo, aberr spiel mir nicht den Dschohn Whaine, du. Servus.
>>
>>29423268
Forget using a firearm for self-defense in Europe (with exception of based Czech Republic). You'll get raped in the ass by the justice system. Train in hand to hand combat, lift like a beast, take roids, become an Übermensch and destroy those faggots barehanded.
>>
>>29423268
>I've always been one to "live and let live"

Serves you right.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 293x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 293x370
>>29425623
This. You can't go wrong wann du ein Übermensch bekommst.
>>
>>29423268
Call the cops pussy.
>>
>>29423328
Kill yourself rapefugee apologists
>>
>>29423268
Covert to Sikh and get a dagger or get a scorpion
>>
>>29425025
CIA
>>
>>29424708
Most of those happen in liberal gun free zones.

I'm not even kidding, its why said libtards get so asshurt when all the terrible atrocities happen in soft targets.
>>
>>29425060
>>29425025
They did.

They held mass trials in stadiums condemming hundreds of muzzies to death and their police squads regularly go full ape on the muslim terrorists with flamethrowers and gulag goodness.

Its why Turkey is so asshurt at the chinese now.
>>
File: 5f5.jpg (50 KB, 484x720) Image search: [Google]
5f5.jpg
50 KB, 484x720
>>29423268
I cant wait for the European Race War. God speed you magnificant Yuropoors. God be with ye
>>
>>29423268
this may interest you

>>29429167
"self defense" isn´t a good cause for a license anymore
>>
>>29429133
Good, Fuck Muslims.

>P.S. Fuck China too (as he types on his Chinese manufactured craptop)
>>
File: austrians.png (489 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
austrians.png
489 KB, 680x798
>>29423268
>>
File: 1426018625405.jpg (22 KB, 500x232) Image search: [Google]
1426018625405.jpg
22 KB, 500x232
>>29433496
>mfw
>>
>>29424772
Fellow eurofag here, green card lottery would be pretty much the only way.
The chances are like 1/1500 but it's a better chance than most other routes.
Or go on vacation "lose" your papers and claim you came from Mexico.
Marrying an American would also work assuming you can find one.
You can also try getting an anchor baby.
>>
>>29425007
>implying we have it any better
Even if you somehow get a carry permit which is next to impossible or carry a cap abd ball revolver, if you actually use it to defend yourself and God forbid injure/kill the attacker, you will be in a world of shit.
>>
>>29424688
In Slovenia (Austria's southern neighbour) you can get full auto funs, so there's that.
You have get a license as a "collector" but that's not too hard.
>>
>>29424037
>"wet" and dirty.
Hott
>>
>>29434103
I see you jake sully. The law is restrictive about using guns for self-defense but getting a license is not impossible, and you totally missed my point which was that we did not open doors to refugees.
>>
File: SS22.jpg (19 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
SS22.jpg
19 KB, 600x338
Buy an antique firearm, I guess. They don't require a registration. I see that you have some shit "antiquity" laws in Austria, though (only antique if made before 1871), but at least it's legal and doesn't leave a paper trail.
For ammunition, just look up the use of match heads as a propellant, or buy blackpowder if you can.

Note. I'm talking cartridge firearms here, not percussion or anything.

Pic related.
>>
>>29428977
That's a big accusation
>>
>>29435134
For you.
>>
>>29434969
>but getting a license is not impossible
Sporting/Hunting/Collector permits? Sure, it's actually pretty easy, just time and money consuming.

A self-defense permit? Next to impossible. You would need to prove that you actualy have a decent reason to feel threatened, so unless you are already dying your chances are pretty slim.

>and you totally missed my point which was that we did not open doors to refugees
We agreed to let some of them in though.

It's mostly that they are the ones who don't want to come here because we don't hand welfare like candy. It's hard enough to earn money with a job.

Not that I complain, I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
How to get a green card for dummies

>be from Britain, France, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Nederlands, Switzerland, Scandi
>Be good looking
>Go to US on vacations
>Profit
If you really want you'll have no problems finding a average American woman willing to marry you after being in US for a couple months.

>Be from anywhere else
>Be gorgeous
See above

Other than that be very smart and try to land a job on an American company and then hope they sponsor your card.

If you're none of that either apply and rely on luck or go full mexican.

Be in mind that you must be willing to embrace American way of life and like the country, if you're only interested because of guns does not worth.
>>
>>29435431
>Be gorgeous
>/k/

Not happening.
>>
>>29423328
Especially since you already know you can go to France or CZ and buy a snub cap and ball revolver legally in any town.

Yeah, "buy" is the key word. To carry one, even if it remotely looks like a firearm without being one (eg : airshit) is still considered a crime though.

So what's the point ? Plus, there is virtually no right to armed self defense in Europe.

Next time just vote smart, OP. Oh wait, who am I kidding, there won't be a next time.

>it didn't have to end like this
>>
>>29424491
What exactly does that accomplish? Aside from multiplying 9*17 and converting the result into official SI units for no apparent reason? At least base it on volume or something , like 2*pi*r*h = (2)(3.14)(0.0045)(0.017) = approx. 4.8x10^-4 m^3
>>
>>29434103
I d rather be alive in a world of shit than dead tbqh . I carry a knife with me . In italy it s hard to get a gun for a sandN. So i should be ok

Nobody attacked me , but if they do i m ready to end their life to protect mine
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.