[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AK-47
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: ar10100-1-BD.jpg (88 KB, 2000x731) Image search: [Google]
ar10100-1-BD.jpg
88 KB, 2000x731
>mostly exclusively used by poor third worlders
>reliability claims are matched or outmatched by AR's or even other rifles
>even Russians changed to a smaller caliber than the 7.62×39mm 40 years ago
>most of them actually used in conflicts are chinkshit copies
>"durrrrr AK-47 is like best rifle eva maaade XD"
>History Channel and other shit tier media claim it's the rifle of the rifles

Why is this allowed?
Does the AK's chambered in 7.62×39mm really deserve their great reputation?
>>
It deserves a great reputation for banging your mom's pussy last night lol (laughing out loud)
>>
>>29422155
That's not a ak-47
>>
File: 1459057060724.gif (2 MB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
1459057060724.gif
2 MB, 245x246
oh no a rifle failed a mud and dirt test

it's the worst thing since Satan and hitler had a baby

I like rattling the monkey cage! XDDDDDD
>>
>Muh AK reliability

top kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9APzYqwXckw

>this triggers the slavaboos and vatniks
>>
>>29422169
TOP FUCKING KEK (like lol)
>>
>>29422184
I deliberately use AKM to bait AKtards
>>
>>29422184
>a AK47

Crippling autism and less-than-elementary school education. Why am I unsurprised this is coming from an AK fag.
>>
>>29422187
The only one getting triggered is you because I suppose someone jammed an AK up your ass when you were a wee lad, and now you foam at the mouth when thinking about that rifle. Get real, nerd.
>>
>>29422155
>stop liking what I don't like!!!!!
>>
>>29422225
>is you
>now you foam at the mouth

I posted a video. Now here (You) are, taking the time to type that response and are calling me triggered? Lmao.
>>
Ak is only good for its ammunition range. You can use any shitty ammunition your grandma made in the garage. Several militaries have tested and even succeeded loading it with different calibers.
>>
File: 1458727369444.jpg (45 KB, 587x410) Image search: [Google]
1458727369444.jpg
45 KB, 587x410
>>29422243
>this is what AK-fags actually believe
>>
>>29422243
>AK's can be had in more calibers than AR's

literally no
>>
>>29422264
Actually no, Im not an AK fan. Also it's what I learned from a soldier in a short lesson about the most basic of guns and equipment in the military
>>
>>29422265
Might be never looked into it
>>
>>29422265
I dunno, try showing me a 8mm AR.
>>
>>29422155
The AK is the Toyota Corolla of the gun world. It's cheap, dependable, and robust. It' surely not the best rifle in the world, but there are over 100 millions of them scattered around the globe, and that's a pretty good reason to be trained in its use. Also, the AK is fun to shoot and cheap to feed, makes it a good plinking rifle. If you want match-grade accuracy, low recoil, comfortable ergonomics, elegant lines, choose another rifle.

Also, OP is probably some Australian shitposter who cannot even own an AK.
>>
>>29422155

>after years of waiting, and chocking back bitter tears, ARfags finally get a video of an AR beating an AK in a stupid reliability test
>proceed to shitpost for months on end

There is a reason why people hate you.
>>
>>29422341
>after years of riding on the coat tails of Fuddlore and sandnigger mythology, AK fags are btfo in the test they always claim the AK will best the AR in. And here they are, choking back bitter tears as they battle in vain to make their damage control posting heard
>>
>>29422397
10/10
AKfags BTFO
>>
File: xmg42upperakfagsbtfo.jpg (213 KB, 750x718) Image search: [Google]
xmg42upperakfagsbtfo.jpg
213 KB, 750x718
>>29422329
Sure. It's actually an MG42 conversion. Show me a MG42 conversion AK.
>>
>>29423034
>Current year
>Not owning a MG42/AR15 conversion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hLhfvhLsH4

How will the AKfags compete?
>>
>>29423034
Let's talk about te lack of modularity for the AK.

With AR, all you have to do is to change the upper to convert it to a .50.
With AK you need a econd gun because "lol lets weld everything together"
>>
>>29423067
>Muh argh pee kaay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY-bUmIGIao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqk5XZaFJXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqk5XZaFJXw
>>
>>29422155
Jesus fucking christ. Everybody stop this embarassing AK vs AR debate and get Vz 58s instead.
>>
>>29422337
/thread
>>
>>29422155
Reminder that the 300 AAC Blackout was designed after 7,62x39.
>>
I'd like to point out that in addition to the Youtube vids circulating around lately of the AK failing, MAC made these 4 years ago

AK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnTdQ0_ejJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdIAtk75hnQ

AR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwoZ6SS_pY

Both weapons performed fine during the test. That being said he AK stood up to more corruption than the AR did and is clearly easier to take apart than an AR and fix a problem if one arose.

It's obvious that an AK isn't "100 pershunt reliable neva jams" and it's obvious that an AR isn't "shits where it eats jams every 100 rounds". The AK is less picky and the AR is more fine tuned. That's all there is to it.

AK's also perform admirable in freezing temps where ARs struggle as seen in the Alaskan state trooper test and in the use of the Valmet in Finland (AK copy). Stop bickering over whose rifle is the best especially if you only own one of them.
>>
>>29423085
Are you insane? Don't you know those things are sp00ky haunted?
>>
>>29423252
ARfags forget that there's more to testing reliability than the one branch of testing the AR does really well in: attempting to stuff the bolt with bullshit.

Yes. ARs are closed off pretty well. But you don't know the full story by one type of test, people.
>>
File: putin kek.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
putin kek.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>29423252
woah wtf
someone on /k/ ISN'T an autistic shill who needs to be shot?

what a time to be alive
>>
>>29423067
Not only weld, but rivet and press fit everything. I was actually thinking of building an AK receiver from scratch but then I did some research and I realized that while the actual receiver would be easy as shit to build, putting together the rest of the gun would take a lot more tools than what I was willing to pay for.
>>
>>29423330
Well the AR has a more sealed system. With the dust cover on packing the rifle with crap would typically not matter. With the cover open it's a little more susceptible to fine particulates but as long as not a lot of stuff gets into the bolt (which it can through the small holes), bad things will happen. If anything gets in when the bolt is open the rifle is unsafe and will have to be opened and cleaned out.

With an AK the same rule applies but there's a bit more margin of error as the action is open and more rough. It will fling most small things out and if it gets jammed it's easy to pop the dust cover off and dump it upside down.
>>
>>29422169
LOL
O
L
>>
I'm an AR owner all the way and have no desire to own an AK of any sort, but criticizing weapons other people like, unless they ask, is rude. Even the cheapest, ugliest weapon has it's place and that by no means describes AKs. People make threads like this because there really are fan boys who tie their egos to their purchases.

I get the impression posters are gradually getting better about this sort of thing. /k/ should be about the love of guns, not the hate of other people's guns.
>>
File: wdytwa.jpg (96 KB, 944x712) Image search: [Google]
wdytwa.jpg
96 KB, 944x712
>>29423428
>but criticizing weapons other people like, unless they ask, is rude.
This isn't a hugbox. If someone criticizes something and they clearly aren't trolling, defend it.

Unfortunately OP just wanted to troll and /k/ is among the easiest boards to troll.
>>
It's cheap, heavy hitting, and it works.
That's good enough for me.
>>
>>29423252
Stop making sense baby.
>>
>>29423306
I'm secretly glad this meme still lives.
>>
>>29423440

There's no reason to defend it, there's been a thousand threads just like this one. If OP is trolling no one is obliged to defend AKs. If OP wasn't trolling no one is obliged to answer questions that could be solved with a Google search or basic reasoning.

A "hug box" is bad because it eschews valid and novel information. That isn't present in these threads.
>>
>>29422155
who cares if the akm, or any other ak design is better or worse than other guns. I like the ak design. to me it is pleasing to the eye and has significance in how it is known instantly by even idiots as an ak. when you buy a gun, get something that is fun for you, sure try for accuracy and things but if a particular gun interests you then make it the best it can be and who cares if another gun has better accuracy. my raifu is an akm, she sits on a dresser and guards my ammo hoard. so what if i feel my .22lr has more accuracy at longer ranges, I still like my raifu for being what she is and will still adore it for being what it is. i simply do that because i like the design of looks of an ak not for some belief that is is the end all of guns
>>
I'll take the bait.

For it's time the AK was a great rifle, and the basic AK design is still pretty solid, and inspired a lot of more modern designs that are based on the same mechanics. It was cheap, effective, and reliable.

Now there are better and more modern designs sure, but that doesn't mean the AK isn't still great. Not to mention 7.62x39 is fun as fuck to shoot, and there are a ton of AK variants that each have their own history and unique traits.
>>
>>29422169
l o l
o
l
>>
>>29422155
Aks are considered the peak of reliability for the same reason the Toyota Hilux is, the most prevalent, cheapest and widely available option on the local market.
>>
>>29422155
>>reliability claims are matched or outmatched by AR's or even other rifles
>>
File: grp.png (596 KB, 540x423) Image search: [Google]
grp.png
596 KB, 540x423
>>29423500
>there's been a thousand threads just like this one.
Don't tell me, the AK vs AR threads have been going on for about a decade on this board?

No shit I know that. The point of an imageboard is to discuss things with images. The topic of this particular board is weapons. If someone wants to discuss weapons we discuss weapons.

The fact that people give into trolling is bad. The fact that people spoonfeed newfags who make the same threads every goddamn day is bad. The quality of this board is so low because people take trolling personally and nobody fucking lurks anymore.

You're right though. Anyone that knows their ass from their face should know what we know about AKs and ARs already. These threads are a waste of space and it's a shame that people either take the bait without saging or don't just ignore the thread altogether.
>>
>>29423252
The Galil (desert people AK) also performed very well in the arctic weather test you mention.
>>
>>29422155
How dare you sodden the murdercube's word. All firearms are his creation and should be treated as such.
>>
File: 1458335000265.png (196 KB, 1211x1259) Image search: [Google]
1458335000265.png
196 KB, 1211x1259
OP here
You all misunderstand
I personally think the AK-74 and newer models are good.

It's just that the AK-47/AKM praise is bullshit because they are really mediocre
>>
>>29423741
If you had taken out all mentions of 7.62x39 the comment would have been just as inflammatory to AK74s.
>>
>>29422155
I used to think this board couldn't possibly get more cancerous, but then you started posting this shit daily and that animu faggot started posting those /akg/ threads filled with animu shite.

Do us all a favor and set up an intricate Rube-Goldberg apparatus that culminates in you getting shot in the face by a DPMS AR, an OI AK, and a Hi Point.
>>
>>29422169
REKTARINO TARANTINO
>>
>>29423795
>and that animu faggot started posting those /akg/ threads filled with animu shite.
You mean /ak/ threads? Anime threads on /k/ have been here since the beginning, although they didn't used to be general cancer.
>>
>>29423813
generalization is the root of all evil.
>>
I left a mac90 in the trunk of a car for over a year. Dont ask. When I got it out I could not cycle it by hand. Put it on the ground stomped my foot on charging handle, put in mag an not one problem. I like the AR platform and much more can be done with one, but if it isnt a gas piston I want nothing to do with it. I dont want to worry about cleaning it every time. It comes down to again if you cant keep it clean ALL the time and can have only one what do you choose?
>>
>>29423252
That Alaska test was rigged, thou. Not saying the AK did bad. But the tard cops didn't know how to work and maintain an AR, stoner flew out there himslf, fixed up all the ARs and the next test, the AR was one of the top rifles
>>
>>29422155
Doesn't matter since you own neither an AR, AK, or anything else noteworthy.
>>
>>29423813
Where trying to make it great again, rather than image dumping cancer and waifu circle jerking into forming our own /k/omic. Issue is, making a /k/omic is much harder due to a current infighting, but other than that, we already have former scanlators, and writefags on the ready with accurate information to please /k/'s weapons autism and /a/'s general autism. The drawfags haven't been confirmed yet.
>>
File: chicken.jpg (238 KB, 1076x876) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
238 KB, 1076x876
>>29424117
>That Alaska test was rigged
Google reveals nothing
>>
File: 1382009349893.jpg (32 KB, 450x410) Image search: [Google]
1382009349893.jpg
32 KB, 450x410
>>29423741
Sooo... You just don't like the 7.62x39 caliber then?
>>
>>29422337
My ak has match-grade accuracy (what can be expected of a service rifle anyway), low recoil and elegant lines though.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.