[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats /k/ thoughts on collage carry? Bait pic.. is bait
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 27
File: Campus-Carry-Guns-1024x535.jpg (581 KB, 1024x535) Image search: [Google]
Campus-Carry-Guns-1024x535.jpg
581 KB, 1024x535
Whats /k/ thoughts on collage carry?
Bait pic.. is bait
>>
>>29416889
>collage carry
Carry whatever you like while doing what you call art.
>>
>collage
>>
File: 1437669785602.jpg (189 KB, 800x622) Image search: [Google]
1437669785602.jpg
189 KB, 800x622
collage carry...?
>>
>>29416889
Even if its legal , you stop a robbery, jared loungher assault clip shooting, or terrorizer attack youre life is fucked.
>court costs
>hassle with the "man"
>hassle with the "unbiased" media reporters
>triggering everyone a quarter mile from you
>now they know you own weapons REEEEE

such is the price of liberty.
>>
>>29416889
All gun related restrictions whether it be a law or the rule in a private or public establishment are unconstitutional. This is all that needs to be said.
>>
>>29416889
collage .... You know I take spelling next year..
>>
>>29416918
Well, that's basically the case anyways if you ever need to draw on someone...
>>
>>29416918
I can't help but think this is fuddlore.
>>
>>29416889

You clearly meant "college" carry.

I think its a good idea. No carrying while intoxicated or in a place serving alcohol that is University property.

I truly believe that something like the Virginia Tech could have been severely mitigated had there been an armed student body. Perhaps not INSTANT AND TOTAL STOPPING of the shooter, but its harder to massacre people like cattle when a few are returning fire.
>>
>>29416961
The second class room. Would of had time to get a gun out and be ready to fight back..
>>
I deep carry every day at my college, and i live in fucking California. I have my permit but i'd be very fucked if anyone ever found out. Still better than getting shot to death by some fucking aspie though.
>>
>collage
>>
>>29416889
>I have a right to a gun free campus

You actually don't tho
>>
>>29416976
>deep carry
>California
Are you that fag at my school with that huge leather bit of a holster around his belt? Yeah no one can tell you're carrying dude.
>>
>>29416975

First classroom would have maybe, a room of even ten, all duck and scramble, if a few are armed and in a martial mindset, they might have died or been hurt, but shooting back would shale up the coward Cho and show him he isn't an all powerful god.

Shit, if they had a better fucking attitude towards lawful carry, if the professor had an open carry holster he probably could have drawn on the little fuckboi fast enough to at least send him scrambling.
>>
>>29416917
I fully support collage carry

Also, I carried when I worked on a campus, though the only reason I was allowed was because the building I worked in wasn't primarily for the use of students, and I was employed by a private business that operated within the campus.
>>
File: 1458271725577.jpg (31 KB, 495x791) Image search: [Google]
1458271725577.jpg
31 KB, 495x791
>>29416918
that's why you live in a non-Yankee/ left coast liberal shithole
>I'm in Texas
>if I shot an asshole trying to kill others I'd probably get high fives from staff and students because I don't go to some retard liberal arts school.
>>
>>29416961
>>29417022
why would you want to stop him? He was killing libs-in-training.
>>
>>29416943
how so?

You stop a guy in a stereotypical no shit turban mandress in front of hundreds of students you still dont think the cops wont cuff and stuff and manhandle you and abuse your rights?
media wont hound you for info?
students/faculty wont sell you out?
>>29417044
>>29417044
i dunno man its still gonna be a lot of your time wasted.
>>
>>29417013
You kind of do, if you agree with the idea that a gun free campus is essential to a safe campus.
>>
File: CU course material.jpg (92 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
CU course material.jpg
92 KB, 720x720
>>29416889
>collage

Go to CU myself, carry every day.
>>
>>29417049
>education is for faggots
This is why the south is impoverished.
Thanks Obubba!
>>
>>29417056
if it's a situation where I have to draw and shoot, a bit of time out of my day isn't too much to ask.
>>
>>29416889
people should be allowed to carry anywhere. taking away someone's ability to defend themselves is the shittiest thing you can do.
>>
>>29417056
The media has a tendency to ignore citizens stopping active shooters. Don't know what you're on about with the students/faculty. You might get suspended, but that's it. Nor do I know what you're on about with the police abusing you. I'm all about precedence. If you could show me an example, I'd love to see it. I've mostly seen this stuff regurgitated on forums or Youtube, with no real world examples, hence the fuddlore.
>>
>>29416889
concealed means concealed.
>>
>>29417062
I believe that a gun filled campus is the only way to have a safe campus.
>>
Are college campuses private property?
>>
>>29417049
Go back to /POL/
>>
>>29417798
some are, some are not
>>
>>29416889
I tried to get CC on campus with a couple other guys.
Can't because the campus has an elementary school on it.
>>
File: 912-utah_large.jpg (81 KB, 1024x474) Image search: [Google]
912-utah_large.jpg
81 KB, 1024x474
>Carry every day
Feels good man
>>
>>29417018
Nope, s&w bodyguard in a custom ankle holster. Completely unnoticeable with work boots and normal jeans. going on 3 years with no issues.
>>
>>29417885
Think of the children, eh?
>>
"muh positive rights"
>>
>>29417142
I doubt you'd even get suspended or get any sort of reprimand if it's deemed self defense by the police. Especially if it stopped a mass shooter.

That's more or less suicide for whoever decided to stick you with it.
>>
>>29416924
I personally believe property rights trump 2nd amendment rights
>>
>>29418627
This. If it's your property, you have the right to restrict what goes on within. If a shop puts up a 30.06 sign, I may not like it, but I'll follow it. His land, his rules. Just like private institutions in Colorado can fire employees who (legally) smoke weed, a private school should be able to restrict campus carry.

That said, if the university in question receives state/federal funds, lol no fuk u.
>>
>>29416889
I have the right to an SJW-free campus.
>>
File: home depot associate.jpg (55 KB, 537x604) Image search: [Google]
home depot associate.jpg
55 KB, 537x604
>>29416889
>telling people they can't do something is a good way to keep them from doing it
This mentality really bothers me

I go to Virginia Tech and our gun free campus didn't stop Cho from fucking shit up here.
Fuck, you don't even need a gun to kill somebody in college, we had a beheading too.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/01/23/virginia-tech-student-decapitated-with-kitchen-knife-by-attacker-knew.html
>>
wouldn't it be easier to ban shootings or murder?
>>
>>29416889
In Georgia right now, there is legislation going through congress to allow campus carry at public universities. It is being opposed by numerous outspoken liberals for all of the usual emotional reasons.
It is troubling to think that the "educated" middle class is so lacking in common sense
>>
>>29419603
I'm waiting for them to ban death.
Wouldn't that just cover every eventuality?
>>
>>29418079
2 years at public uni with an XD-S IWB, nobody has noticed. Legal here, just expulsion to worry about. Being careful, living off campus, and choosing clothing properly (plaid longsleeves are your friend here to break up the pattern, far better than the stereotypical Hawaiian shirt) have kept anyone from noticing.
>>
>>29416918
Bullshit, there has been a couple of cases of dindus that got national coverage but the vast majority of the cases dont even go to court. You usually get congratulated.

Stop repeating fuddlore.
>>
>>29419558
Is VT cursed or something? Seems like a lot of people go full REEEEEE there.
>>
>>29418079
How do you legally have a permit to carry in cali
>>
File: 1457871426084.jpg (51 KB, 562x730) Image search: [Google]
1457871426084.jpg
51 KB, 562x730
>>29419692
What qualifies as "common sense" for someone on /k/ is vastly different from someone who has been brought up to fear and demonize guns.

In my experience, a person's opinion on gun control is usually tied to their proximity and exposure to guns during their childhood or teenage years. You might change some opinions every now and then, but it seems fairly uncommon.

It's partly why gun control is such a divisive issue. You have a group of people who are indifferent or in favor of unregulated firearms debating with a group that has a pathological fear of firearms.
>>
>>29417044
>Live in Houston
>Most campuses don't allow firearms
This places is turning to a liberal shith-
>Houston Zoo allows concealed carry
>>
File: image.gif (2 KB, 319x220) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 KB, 319x220
Alaska has been trying to pass a carry bill for years but all the Cali imports that go to UAF bitch and bitch and bitch. I wish it still got -60F here so they would stay out.
>>
>>29419904
Oh wait, nevermind, reinstated.
Fucking gay shithole city.
>>
>>29419899
Certain counties (like orange county) will give out CCW permits while others won't (like LA County l
>>
>>29419902
Holy fuck that picture is hilarious
The cop's fingers are in that guy's face like a bowling ball
>>
>>29419897
STEM students are a pretty diverse group, but you get a good deal of "those kids" who probably tortured their childhood pets and are generally unstable.

VT appeals to that group. It's the same reason why UVA students seem to have a greater propensity to get in deep shit, since the school attracts a lot of stupid frat assholes who are just smart enough to get themselves in dangerous areas.
>>
>>29419924
They're here at UAS also the fucking POS's. They should only let residents decide.
>>
>>29419897
As an engineer, I've met some space cadets in my time here. Most of them are harmless, but there was one kid on my hall freshman year who got put on suicide watch.

Also there are a ton of foreign students, and I'm sure they are under a lot of pressure both to succeed and to survive in a different culture.

Most people are fine though, and it's pretty much like any other college. You get enough people together and something is bound to happen
>>
>>29419944
Nice dubs
Fuck UVA
>>
>>29420018
Joke's on you. I attend UVA.

But yeah, fuck the majority of UVA's student body. The ratio of cool people to retarded yuppies is like 1:5.
>>
>>29416889
There those faggots go again, thinking everything they want the government to give them is a right, while everything they don't is oppression.
Faggots.
>>
I carry at my uni, have been for two years now. I live in Texas and soon we will be able to carry in buildings.

Fuck legal troubles, fuck everyone else. I'd much rather be alive and face legal troubles than be defenseless or dead. If I can give myself a fighting chance I will take it.

Every discussion I've had on campus carry with my peers has opened my eyes on how truly moronic people are, or at least how brain washed they are. All these idiots everywhere. "Guns are bad!" Etc etc. C'est la vie.

I used to carry my g23 but that proved to hard to do comfortable so now I carry my g42.

I know of two other guys who carry at my campus.... Look at all the terror we have caused! Look at all the people we have killed! Lmao. There have been rallies and protests at my uni against campus carry. I'm sure you guys can guess which uni I'm at. I went to one, whilst carrying, and holy smokes batman the level of ignorance was astounding.

Fuck em, we won.... For now...
>>
>>29417049
>education
>horrible evil liberal manifestation

Well I reckon that sound about right partner... If you were a retarded hick.
>>
>>29416889
It needs to happen everywhere. I got three shooting threats at my school and I'm at the point where I just want to put my 686 in my backpack and take it with me illegally.

I'm not trusting locks to save our lives.
>>
>no deadly weapon rule on my campus
>carry a pointy blade
>nobody knows nobody cares

these protesters are stupid as fuck f@m
>>
>>29420136
Don't backpack carry unless you are the kind of person who never, ever, forgets something of theirs when they go somewhere. You do NOT want to leave your backpack on a desk or table and have someone find it with a gun inside, especially when it can be traced to you.

Just on-carry body particularly discreetly. A Ruger LCP is $200, ~9oz, and is TINY while still firing a very lethal .380 round. You can carry it in a pocket holster that looks like a wallet, or appendix style where anyone staring at your bulge can be called out on it (true for most guns carried there, in fairness), or elsewhere IWB with the right clothing. It's also a lot more accessible if you need it then, but even a search is probably more likely to look through your bag than to check your groin.

>if you do this, recommend you check ShootingTheBull's Ammo Quest for the .380 hollowpoints that are worth a damn, because a lot of them are total shit
>>
>>29420212
I can't buy handguns until I'm 21. And I can't do private sales anymore either. I'm kinda stuck with the 686, but at least it has a 3" barrel.

And I wouldn't put the 686 in a pocket I use all the time, nor am I the kind of person who's hot shit and feels the need to show it to my friends.
>>
I know how fast things can go down, Im always keeping my eyes and ears open but not to much,I dont want to give anyone the wrong ideas

but yeah I plan to deep carry when i get my gun
>>
>>29419558
That beheading was awful -- in a cafeteria?!? In full public view?
>>
>>29420241
>And I can't do private sales anymore either.

What the fuck?
>>
>>29420390
Oregon
>>
>>29420136
I feel for you man.

Honestly I think that that public schools and Universities should have staff on hand that have training on how to deal with a shooter in school and are certified to keep a gun in a safe in the classroom for defense if they try to break into the room or something.
>>
File: 1457332361413.gif (2 MB, 440x322) Image search: [Google]
1457332361413.gif
2 MB, 440x322
>>29416943
I got a lawsuit for using 10mm as my CC.

Let me tell you about fuddlore
>>
>>29420481
Go on?
>>
>>29420241
Your parents can gift you guns still.
>>
>>29420497
>set CZ to Mike Willard mode, god rest his soul
>have an encounter with former coworker
>get a lawsuit thrown my way revolving around my pocket howitzer and our former connection
>saw premeditated in there somewhere
it got dropped quickly but still
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 900x541) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 900x541
Carry collage?
>>
>>29416889

>I have a right to not be around guns

Ohohoho no, you actually don't. It's the exact opposite.
>>
I went to UCC, had classes in the same building the shooting happened.

I go to another college now and I carry my m&p shield in my bag regardless of their noguns policy.

Its pretty well concealed, no way anyone would see it or accidentally grab it or feel it unless they deliberately searched it, which will never happen. I would be facing expulsion though considering its a private institution and my CHL only applies to public schools.
>>
>>29419997
Fucken A brother
>>
>>29417062
>your rights end where my ideas begin
>>
>>29416889
Depends on state law, obviously.

Personally I think in my state it is against the "essence" of the State Constitution to ban campus carry but fuck liberals you aren't going to win with this fight. Carry anyways if you want too. Just stick it in your backpack. Who has ever been searched on campus anyways?
>>
I have been pocket carrying a 38 snub nose everyday for the past year and in my backpack for 2 years before that. Yeah, it's not much compared to a double stack 9 but if I'm cornered by some autist going full REEEEE at uni I'd like to have a fighting chance. Plus because I can pocket carry with any clothes I wear I WILL always have it on me ready to go.

The worst that happens If I defend myself and classmates from some pyscho is that I get expelled or suspended for breaking "their" rules. I can't however live with my body riddled with bullet holes from the newest member of the Cho fan club. That's if the liberal dickwad administration has the balls to go after the person who stopped a shooting.

>conceded means concealed, preferably with a quality pocket gun and holster
>tell no one
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 225x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 225x191
I am going to university in Texas specifically for this.

My last college had a shooting (gang related at a community college, not a mass shooter) and it freaked me the fuck out. Took the cops like 5 months to catch him, I still don't feel safe on my campus. That's why next semester I am moving a few states over. Even though I won't be able to carry, I'll feel better knowing my fellow students are.

Seriously, campus carry would have put me off edge, it's hard to study when you know that there could be gang retaliation and you could be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I really can't stress how unsafe my campus is.
>>
>>29419902
>In my experience, a person's opinion on gun control is usually tied to their proximity and exposure to guns during their childhood or teenage years. You might change some opinions every now and then, but it seems fairly uncommon.

I would agree with that. I had very minimal exposure to firearms growing up so i didn't have an anti gun opinion as such i just bought into the whole you don't need 30 round magazines, those sort of things. Once i had a workmate introduce me to firearms my opinion on firearms has done a complete 180.
>>
>>29416889
Fucking unr. I remember the bullshit over this. God I hate the liberals and Californians shitting up nevada
>>
>>29416943
Depends on whether its justifiable and if you get indicted.
>>
>>29420994
FUCKING KEK
I made that logo for the KSU group.
>>
>>29421119
As I Californian, I am sorry.
>>
>>29421119
>tfw californian and have to put up with other californians
kill me, this is why I'm moving to Vermont

well, vermont is still full of hipsters but at least i can own funs there
>>
>>29421142
Well done. It looks good.
>>
>>29416889
I think if it's going to be legal in most public places it should be legal and allowed there, but having guns around won't magically prevent or stop campus shootings (or any other kind of mass shootings). Almost anyone that would kill someone in a non-combat situation, let alone a bunch of people, is very unhinged, and probably doesn't care much if they get shot in the process (or is so deluded they think they're invincible). Plus lots of people are able to use a gun and may have one on hand, but are not ready or willing to shoot someone and/or may have very little experience and skill, especially if the gun was pushed on them by someone who was more worried than they are.
>>
>>29421146
>>29421156
Sall good.

That was about a year ago during my final semester. I recognized the rotunda and parking garage and the whole shit fest over the concept of concealed carry permittees being allowed to store guns in their vehicles on campus. Made me rage big time, plus I had to deal with antigun undergrad student president cuckold fabbi.
>>
>>29419904
>>29419927

The Attorney General's Office literally has a hotline setup to combat government entities harassing gun owners with illegal 30.06 signs.

Send a letter to the Zoo telling them they've got three days to get rid of the signs. Three days later when they don't, file a complaint online here:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/apps/3006/index.php

It has all the information you need to help them build a solid case against the violator.

The OAG will then publish the results on their website. Note that repeat violators will get hit with bigger penalties.
>>
>>29416889
For some reason the claim it's a right annoys me.
I'm no "negative liberties" libertarian either, I could go so far as to say there's a case for a "right to internet access" (it sort of follows the same pattern as a right to education or communication with how important internet access is in the 21st century.)

You do not have a right to a gun-free campus. You could say "I have a right to safety" or even, (pushing it, i don't consider it a right but a case could be made) "I have a right to feel safe", but "I have a right to a gun-free campus" is obscene sounding.

I can't think of a joke over "collage" carry, so I'll just be serious and say it seems reasonable to me that college is treated the same as everywhere else. Unless desired by a majority of students, I wouldn't like to see a college gun ban justified by "we're a private institution" (because that enables a small group of people in charge to bow to pressure from a loud minority.)
>>
>>29420922
In this case it's more "your rights end where my rights begin"
although he missed out "...and you believe you have a right to a safe campus"
>>
It feels good learning a trade instead of going to college. Sure, it won't pay quite as well as a degree in computer science or what have you, but it's a good balance of debt, pay, and time investment. Plus, the market is less competitive and job security is better.

>industrial welder
>>
>>29416918

I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
>>
It should be a requirement that publicly-funded institutions allow all forms of carry.

Privately-funded institutions can ban whatever they want on their property.

Want my tax dollars? Then you'll have to respect the same rights I enjoy in other public spaces.
>>
>>29416889
Do the constitutional rights of the US trump human rights as adopted via the UN? Or vice versa?
>>
In most states, you can't carry until you're 21 anyways, and by then you'll be finishing up Junior year or starting Senior year.
>>
>>29422806
Depends on the major.

A lot of STEM and even social jobs will have a great market with good pay and job security. For example, I'm going to school to be a CRNA (nurse anesthetist) and there's no shortage of jobs in the field. Plus if I can't find a job as an NA, I'm still a registered nurse and can find a job doing that in the meantime.
>>
>>29421428
So, it's specifically for 30.06 signs? So he know when that hotline bling?
>>
>>29423214
depends if you are a globalist un babby or true american patriotic hero
>>
>>29421428
I just moved to Houston, and the apartments I'm living in have 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted out on the front gate. Is this illegal? I have a Florida CHL and I carry every day, and nothing in the lease says anything against firearms.
>>
>>29423214
>>29423361
I was hoping for a more "precedent as established in the courts" answer.
>>
>>29423214
The US Constitution is the country's highest law. Doesn't matter what some assholes who write strongly worded letters and subsist of American charity say.
>>
>>29417090
>>29420118
Me I might have gone to college
Might have liked to fly planes
But my dad needed help to
Run the S Lazy H
>>
>>29423214
>UN
>having any real say in anything
what are they going to do? write angry letters?
Besides, various UN members break basic human rights on a daily basis.
For example China prosecuting Fa Lun Gong practitioners and Saudi Arabia treating women worse than camels.
>>
>>29423540
This is correct.
>>
>>29423856
to be fair the Saudi's REALLY like their camels
>>
>>29420765
Guns have a right to not be around him/her?
>>
Everyone has the right to protect themselves, and there is no evidence, data, or statistics against campus carry. That's what pisses me off cause i go to UH and they have these gun forums to discuss campus carry and it's like the people are out of /k/ liberal stories. The pro gunners on the other hand are typically well spoken and use stats to make their point.
>several professors and students asked for lists of carriers for the express purpose of discriminating against them
We were laughed at when we asked for some form of protection against such discrimination
>Some woman says how great Venezuela is cause there's no guns
>None of them know what the 51% law or a 30.06 sign is
>none of them know the requirements to get a CHL
>Some guy unironically compares allowing campus carry to Jim Crow laws
>someone might shoot me cause I'm black!
>Some jew basically says all gun owners are white males and gay, jew, muslim, trans, and black groups need protection from CCers
I fucking hate this place so much, and I know it's my own damn fault for being here.
>>
Quoats
>M. de Lamartine wrote me one day: "Your doctrine is only the half of my program; you have stopped at liberty; I go on to fraternity." I answered him: "The second half of your program will destroy the first half." And, in fact, it is quite impossible for me to separate the word "fraternity" from the word "voluntary." It is quite impossible for me to conceive of fraternity as legally enforced, without liberty being legally destroyed, and justice being legally trampled underfoot.
>>
>>29423969
>gay, jew, muslim, trans, and black groups need protection from CCers
why not get a gun
>>
>>29424036
Guns don't stop you from getting killed, and if someone wants to kill you and you don't know about it, they'll probably succeed. Not that this has ever been an issue with CCers on college campuses
>>
>>29424036
Because guns only work for straight white males you fool. It's like a smart gun but instead it's a racist, mysoginistic, queer bashing weapon of the oligarchy! That's their favorite word by the way, fucking oligarchy. They will shoehorn that into any argument.
>>
File: MUH FO4FU in cammies.jpg (125 KB, 729x787) Image search: [Google]
MUH FO4FU in cammies.jpg
125 KB, 729x787
>>29416889
LOL

When reality is to the letter, the EXACT opposite of your argument, you might want to analyse your life.
>>
>>29416961
Why the fuck should a CC holder be barred from a place simply because there is alcohol? That's like saying a grown man, who is normal in all aspects, shouldn't go to a park because there is a greater chance he might become a child molester.

If the operator is not intoxicated, then what's the issue?

Fuck outta here feinstien
>>
File: uncomfortable_guns_other_men.png (534 KB, 1008x674) Image search: [Google]
uncomfortable_guns_other_men.png
534 KB, 1008x674
We already have no carry while intoxicated.

The idea that I should be disarmed because I go in a place where alcohol is served, when I am drinking nothing but water myself, is a bit much.
>>
>>29424124
>They will shoehorn that into any argument.
They're going to ruin that word like they did 'problematic', aren't they?
>>
>>29424124
I get such a kick out of college students/people under 25.
They take themselves SO SERIOUSLY, and are just utterly oblivious to how silly they look to actual adults.
I find it amusing mostly because I clearly remember being that way and just being utterly convinced I had the world completely figured out and the biggest injustice ever perpetrated by man was that the rest of the world wouldnt just be exactly like me and fix everything overnight.
Obviously because old people are stupid and just wont listen to how smart us young people are because they feel threatned by our revolutionary ideas!

Then I got old enough to figure out the world doesnt revolve around me and that most of the shit I thought was so intelligent and groundbreaking was really rather unoriginal and stupid.
>>
>>29424212
I already just laugh when they use it, so ya.
>>29424258
It's crazy cause they just ignore the numbers, immediately after I stated that in 2012 only .0021% of Texans with CHLS had their licenses revoked for various crimes and that firearms are involved in .5% of unintentional deaths in the US. Then the next person up goes on about how dangerous CCERS are and how someone will ND and kill 50 children.
>>
I plan to carry on campus when I finally get my license this year. I don't care if it's illegal here. My college is federally funded and 2A is the law of the land.
>>
>>29416961
>no carrying while intoxicated
Good luck enforcing that one desu
>>
>>29416889

My college allows it...they just ask you don't open carry.
>>
>>29424330
Its a fun little term, self affirmation of belief.
Long made short, a person can literally decide that they believe something is true. This isnt anything out of the ordinary, what IS out of the ordinary is that some people can actually have an ideology become stronger over time without outside input, to the point that even when presented with physical proof that the idea is wrong they will not believe it.
As far as behavioral experts can tell, its literally just repeating the same thing to themselves over and over again until it becomes so permanant that even facts cannot dislodge the idea.
In other words people are perfectly capable of brainwashing themselves.
>>
>>29424212
You wouldnt think that if you werent such a problematic oligarchist.
>>
Proponents of open carry often possess low IQs and are emotionally weak. These are not the kinds of people I want to protect students.
>>
>>29423969
>blacks need protection
Huey P. Newton
>Gays need protection
Pink Pistols
>women need protection
Annie Oakley

If you need protection, get it yourself, you can't always count on a cop to be everywhere.
>>
>>29424690
>If you need protection, get it yourself, you can't always count on a cop to be everywhere.
But my safety isn't my own responsibility! It's the white cis patriarchy that's responsible for me being unsafe.
>>
>>29424728
>But my safety isn't my own responsibility
It isn't (solely) your responsibility. One of the most basic functions of society is ensuring the safety of it's citizens.

Not taking every possible precaution =/= asking for it.
(Lest ye think I'm an SJW, Taking no precaution while bragging about it = often asking for it.)
>>
>>29416961
implying that the cia/the jews didnt fabricate the whole thing,good joke mate
>>
>>29420994
I go to UT austin. The student body consists of 100% fags that believe dildo carry will stop school shooters.
>>
>>29424589
It's insane, they're so unhinged that they call screeching "for the children is logic" I got into a stupid argument on yik yak with this dude that had no idea what the fuck he was talking about, or I was getting trolled by one of yall cause there was definitely 2 other kommandos there.
>>
>>29424872
....Screeching "for the children!" logic...
My bad
>>
>>29416961
A news channel already proved that someone carrying would be killed in the first seconds and would only make things worse.
>>
File: Try_burning_this_one.jpg (52 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
Try_burning_this_one.jpg
52 KB, 500x651
>>29416889
I teach part time at a community college. I carried before it was legal to do so...
>>
>>29425023
I think I know the "experiment" you're talking about, and it was entirely stacked in favor of skewing results toward making ccw look ineffective.

Also you're a raging faggot
>>
>>29424019
Bastiat?
>>
>>29425023

You mean the CBC one where they had people with absolutely no firearm training whatsoever try to defend themselves against a firearm instructor who knew where in the classroom they were sitting (so he could go straight for them)?

Let's not forget making them wear the worst possible baggy fucking t-shirt they could for the experiment, so that they'd have trouble even getting to the fucking CCW.
>>
>>29425023
>a simulation run by a tv news station has results vastly different from what has happened in every case of an attempted mass shooting where someone was legally concealing a pistol
Surely we should trust the telescreen over empirical evidence
>>
>>29425023
>Citing a skewed "news report" as proof of anything.

Are you pretending to be retarded or just naturally retarded?
>>
>>29425148
My favorite example is the South African guy who stopped multiple terrorists who had automatic rifles and explosives when they tried to massacre a church, and all he had was a .38 snubnose.

Trotted out that link a few times after the last French attack when people were claiming "if they had guns it wouldn't have mattered you couldn't stop a terrorist attack with your concealed carry!!!1"
>>
>>29424872
Getting into an arguement with a shrill anti will never help our cause. They have already tied too much of thier ego, identity, and emotional energy into the idea for you to change it.
You see, people can base so much of themselves off of a few ideas that they literally CANT change thier minds. To do so would mean finding a new identity and taking a bruise to the ego. Its not about facts to somebody so invested its literally about who they are. They have based a large portion of thier personality around an idea and you are telling them to change, they never will.

Instead of arguing with anti's, try converting nuetrals. Invite them shooting, get em interested and educated as to why this right exists and what they stand to lose.
Better yet, get em so interested that they buy thier own gun and become invested themselves, only for our side.
>>
>>29419558
How about a chink free campus
>>
>>29423933
All these liberals are triggering my poor little 1911.
>>
>>29425239
Well, it was less to convert them as to show the people viewing the conversation how irrational they can be, I knew this person wasn't going to change their views because their argument was absurd. I have taken a few people on campus shooting and actually been told by a friend that I completely changed their views on firearms. But it's difficult and costly for me to take them, and the campus would never allow a gun club to form.
>>
>>29425175
Would love the link to educate any libtards I know who bring this up desu
>>
>>29425337
Who said it has to be a school sanctioned club?
Why not start a range club that goes shooting monthly and hosts fire arms education classes every now and then?
Do PR stuff every now and then like cleaning up a local park or something?

There is literally nothing they can do to stop private citizens from periodically gathering to talk about a favorite subject on thier own time and dollar.
>>
>>29425441
I don't current have the to me balancing work and school, and I guarantee if school found out I made a club I'd be labeled a right-wing extremist who's training domestic terrorists. I've considered that heavily though, and maybe in the future I might form a private club.
>>
>>29417056
I'm a college student with my sister, fiancé, and friends on campus.

If there was someone who was planning on a massacre I would absolutely shoot regardless of the civil liability to me, I'm willing to spend a night in county until the whole situation gets sorted out even if I have to ride in the cruiser and get manhandled by the swat team trying to take control of what's going on.

A messy trial is better than a beautiful funeral. Or 10 funerals, or 20, or 30.
>>
>>29425356
http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/hero-of-1993-church-attack-calls-for-being-armed/
http://www.sahistory.org.za/archive/trc-reports-st-james-church-massacre-video
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_James_Church_massacre

If you search desustorage for ".38 south africa" you'll be able to find other examples from the threads I was posting in, because I had like 5 instances of terrorists getting stopped by concealed carry holders.
>>
>>29423856
Fun fact, Saudi Arabia is currently the head of the UN human rights council..

FOR SOME FUCKING REASON
>>
>>29416889

I am a staff member at a large university. I would love to be able to carry (at the moment I can only legally keep my pistol in my vehicle on campus).

I mean 99% of people are good but there is definitely some unstable people I have encountered who I would legitimately not be amazed to see shoot up something. At least working in IT I am in a secure server area/office area and my escape route goes directly to my vehicle which is 10 feet away.
>>
>>29417062
what makes a campus different than other public spaces? they are some of the areas that has the least amount of violent crime. its safer than many other places where there are already guns so you shouldnt worry about campuses because they are somehow especially dangerous if people can carry guns there.
>>
>>29416918
The press being mad and kids being triggered are just leftist bullying tactics in disguise. Call them on their fake bullshit and dont let em dominate public discourse.
>>
>>29425337
>my college didn't want a gun club, college president was SJW (but we managed to get her fired, small victories)
>I was persistent, followed all rules, got 2nd amendment club formed anyways under her reign
>took so long though from their bullshit delaying that it was the end of the semester, so due to my 2+2 degree now putting me in the other college, I'm not able to head it up anymore
>all the other dudes who had been interested enough to take charge of it rather than just be in it have had to drop out for various reasons
>if it doesn't get someone taking up the mantle in the next couple weeks it's dead without ever having a single meeting, and we'd had such big plans for it too, even had a former SWAT sniper as our advisor who was willing to do CCW and tactical classes for people super cheap

why.jpg
>>
>>29424872
It's also the echo chamber effect, or self confirmation.

Antis talk to antis and listen to anti news.

This confirmation bias means they LIKE to hear anti-stats (true or not). It makes them less likely to think opposing views are true.

But here's the thing, if you take a bunch of antis and put them in an echo chamber,they don't get as anti-gun as the most anti-gun there, nor do their views drift toward the mean around them.

Instead they go MORE anti, and drift harder in that direction. So the most anti-gun among them will get MORE anti-gun.

Now put them in online chat rooms, where they can talk to eachother.... FOREVER.

THAT is where the batshit shenanigans of modern American media comes from, the creation of these lucrative, easily manipulated echo chambers.

FOX, CNN, MSNBC, they all do it.
>>
>>29425724
it's important to remember the same is true of pro-gunners.

you can argue degrees if you want to get pedantic but ultimately the effect still exists.
>>
>>29416889
It should be up to the college.
>>
I'm not sure if I've got some kind of future-sight mind power going on, or if we've had this exact same thread, even the anon posts ITT.
>>29417044
>>29419904
>>29422867
are giving me some deja-vu as fuck vibes right now.
>>
>>29425724
You're right, but even on topics on totally adamant on, I will listen and consider the opposition. I always try to see things from another's perspective, but when you outright ignore data I can't see things from your perspective. Being ignorant is forgivable and we've all been ignorant about something at some point, but to outright ignore empirical data is ridiculous. That's what makes us different, we look at data and acknowledge it, these people present their emotional rhetoric and fear mongering as fact, which disgusts me to no end.

>>29425763
I think the real issue with that is that antis are attempting to put restrictions on a civil right, and the extreme pro gunners are not. In my opinon that makes the antis significantly worse than pro gunners who basically just want to be left alone, but then again I'm obviously biased.
>>
>>29416889

They actually don't have a right to have a gun free campus and no one has the right to take away other peoples rights (except through the legal system which isn't governed around feelings).
>>
File: so good freedom.png (74 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
so good freedom.png
74 KB, 1162x850
>>29425641
gee I wonder how they got that position.
>>
>>29417065
So few /k/ommandos at boulder. Good to know I'm not alone
>>
File: 1280px-Utah_border_sign.jpg (237 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Utah_border_sign.jpg
237 KB, 1280x960
It the country finally catching up with us?
>>
dumb ass communists
>>
>>29425838
Well, actually, we do it too.
Lookit how you just dismissed gun statistics and whatnot that are AGAINST us as fearmongering.

They do it, we do it, everyone does it. When its for your side its the truth, when its against your side its dirty tricks, unreliable, fear mongering, and propaganda.

Just like how if you point out an unarmed populace is easily fallen victim to the predations of criminals and despots an anti will point and shriek that you are fear mongering.
>>
>>29426811
I think that happens to a lesser extent on the pro gun side and is a very common tactic by antis. I don't think I've ever seen credible numbers against gun ownership, it's usually very misleading or an outright lie. Yes pro gunners have crazy members and antis have reasonable people, but I think these are outliers. Once again though, I'm pro gun and am biased.
>>
>>29426913
The important thing to remember is that the crazies inevitably are the ones who are publicized the most.
And we DO have a pretty big disadvantadge to counterbalance our statistical evidence.

OUR crazies shoot people. Nobody can point at even the craziest anti and say "he's dangerous, he wants to kill people"

Whereas we got guys like timothy mcveigh, the branch davidians, all those crazy sovreign citizens, the bundy ranch crew.

We're easy targets to pin societies troubles on. Statistically speaking a gun is far more likley by an order of magnitude to never be fired anywhere but a range than it is to be used in a crime.

But when the cameras start blasting mangled bodies and dead kids full of bullet holes all over the news its very very easy for nuetrals to turn thier eyes towards the other 99.999 percent of us who dont do stuff like that and say that we condone such behavior.
>>
>>29416889
Well, I'm carrying on campus right now so I guess I'm pretty much for it.

Stay mad libfags...
>>
>>29427006
Suddenly, I am sympathetic to Muslims.
>>
File: hummer_h3_tuff_bullbars.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hummer_h3_tuff_bullbars.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
>>29427006
Whoa, hold on just one moment here!

We have just started receiving word of cagers intentionally throwing cinderblocks at cyclists, so un-gun people may be in the process of brewing up a few with that level of crazy.

One thing that they have been experimenting with is "SWATing".
>>
>>29425619
Ummm, whatdyado? That second article omits all mention of the revolver guy!
>>
>>29427280

I am Muslim and own guns. When there is a mass shooting, I lose no matter what
>>
>>29417798
private schools are, public ones are not
>>
>>29416924
but that's wrong, you fucking retard

you're on private property by your own choice, therefore you need to obey the wishes of the property owner.

the bill of rights protects you from the government, not from the rules people set up for their own property
>>
>>29416918
>NH
>someone tries to rob an old lady
>gets shot by her, runs away
>entire state cheers her on
>cops say they have to take her gun for evidence though
>neighbor lends her his spare gun
I love this state
>>
File: AdamLanza'sSBBPost.png (6 KB, 571x150) Image search: [Google]
AdamLanza'sSBBPost.png
6 KB, 571x150
>>29427006
DAILY REMINDER

most mass shooters are liberal
>>
File: no clever title.gif (498 KB, 250x134) Image search: [Google]
no clever title.gif
498 KB, 250x134
>>29427986
Who joins a message board at 1 am? Was he drunk
>>
File: 1456597493657.jpg (40 KB, 355x535) Image search: [Google]
1456597493657.jpg
40 KB, 355x535
>>29428018
>posting on message boards while sober
>>
>>29427967
>FL
>Kid tries to rob some woman's home.
>Alarm alerts homeowner
>Confronts robber as he's trying to jump out the window, takes a bullet and dies.
>Mother of robber complains, saying "how else is he going to pay for school and clothes?"
>Sympathy levels reach new lows for robber. Fucks not given about shooter. All is well.
>>
>>29417065
I'm down at CU Denver.
>>
>>29416889
collage carry would just cause a terrible panic and i think should not be allowed. whats next? papier mache carry? a traced hand turned into a thanksgiviing turkey.drawing? no we must make a stand.
>>
>>29419692
TN here. Heres hoping it goes through, and we get ours not long after.
>>
>>29423378
It's private property, but you are allowed to carry transport your gun to and from your car. Also you live in shitty apartments :^)
>>
>>29423969
I read the Campus Carry draft and it sounded reasonable, especially since Melcher Hall wasn't specifically mentioned to be prohibited
>>
>>29416889
>>29416975
>collage
>would of

Let's be frank, no one in this thread has been to college
>>
File: fivestarpost.jpg (92 KB, 287x360) Image search: [Google]
fivestarpost.jpg
92 KB, 287x360
>>29428146
>>
>>29428999
The only dorm that can store handguns is Calhoun lofts, they've also listed areas frequented by minors which can be pretty much anywhere given there's always tours going on. They've got some pretty vague shit in there.
>>
>>29429231
Well since most ppl are underage in the other dorms it wouldn't matter, it also only applies during the summer camps for that stuff, iirc the campus cannot prohibit carry in any classroom
>>
As a red blooded American man, hell yes. As a graduate student who lectures to hundreds of grumpy undergrads, hell no.

> the veterans and some others pack heat on campus anyway and always have, and that's A-OK.
>>
>>29429386
>As a graduate student who lectures to hundreds of grumpy undergrads, hell no.
but why doe
>>
File: wat.jpg (20 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
20 KB, 426x304
>>29429386
>As a graduate student who lectures to hundreds of grumpy undergrads, hell no

>Because 20+ year old adults are children
>>
>>29429401

Stress, attitudes, sway and standing. Disputes over girls, intellectual arguments. Not that a law would prevent it but a student an heroed in front of a professor here a few years ago. Full Bud Dwyer
>>
File: 145482526188265878.png (216 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
145482526188265878.png
216 KB, 500x481
>>29425641
I had a dream that it is future times, I'm walking along the street and pass by a TV shop.

>NEWS
>America perfects fusion reactor
>Saudi princes being drug from holes in the ground like Saddam
>Constantinople falls, turks in full retreat (minarets being demo'd)
>Chinese-Russo War in a complete stalemate
>>
>>29416917
All dem 11s bro
>>
>>29429386
What makes you think that a retarded military person would be better than a normal person?
>>
>>29429453
so what stops them from shooting you now
>>
>>29429468
People think military and police receive super secret special training that makes them impervious to corruption and bad judgement
>>
>>29416889
I would only carry to protect my own life.
Like this>>29416918
Anon said, too much shit afterward. If I hear shooting I'm fucking leaving the campus, not sitting in a room waithing for that fucker to come kill me.
>>
>>29429488
My point exactly, people with mindsets like this are helping the liberal cause and keeping gun ownership to those who the deem "acceptable"
>>
>>29429416
>>Because 20+ year old adults are children
Have you been to University or College?
>>
>>29429582
>Have you been to University or College?
Yes.
In Utah.
Where campus carry has been legal for 15+ years already.
Zero problems.

If someone is over 21 like the law says, passes a background check and receives training to get a carry permit, why shouldn't they be able to carry at college?
If a non college going person can carry, why shouldn't a college going person be able to?
>>
File: 1456297659544.jpg (25 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1456297659544.jpg
25 KB, 500x381
>>29429582
>implying people ever really mature past HS tier bullshit shenanigans
>>
>>29429342
I'm 22 and can't afford to live in Calhoun, and know quite a few others in the same boat. If it shouldn't be an issue then it shouldn't be an issue for us to store our handguns there. There are areas that are "frequented by minors" that will be permanently no guns, they told us at the forum. There are also classrooms deemed hazardous to carry in where chemicals and such are stored, I don't really have to much of an issue with that, but there are classrooms that are no guns. There's also the issue of what to do with a handgun when entering a no gun zone, and they're talking about armories but there's a poorly worded part of the draft that says that any point you reveal a handgun, you WILL be charged.
>>
>>29417049
Because people getting killed, even if it's people we ostensibly are opposed to, dramatically hurts our argument as to whether or not we should be allowed to keep our lifestyle.
>>
>>29429604
I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to carry (I'd like to be able to), but the maturity of College students isn't much beyond their High-School students.
>>29429626
Basically.
>>
>>29429792
>but the maturity of College students isn't much beyond their High-School students
I disagree. They're adults in the eyes of the law and they should be treated like adults in college
>>
>>29427912
You have my condolences Muhammad
>>
>>29429830
>they should be treated like adults in college
Treating them like adults is one thing. Getting them to act like adults in quite another.
Shit, getting a lot of 40yr olds to act like adults is an exercise in futility.
>>
>>29429673
Well move off campus, besides the state will have to approve of the policy and strictly prohibits not allowing carrying in the class
>>
>>29417018
>>29416976
I start college in the fall and live in Cali I'm planning on carrying as well though Ill have to figure out the best way to do it as I'm taking mostly welding
>>
>>29417049
good point
>>
>>29419930
easy live in one of the few counties that give them out then pay out the ass to take a class and pay out the ass again to bribe the Sherriff to give you one cost around $300
>>
>>29425835
>>
Deters many SJW faggots from enrolling and shoos away hard lefty staff who are pants-shittingly terrified of guns. Should be legal nationwide on ever single campus ever.

Fuck SJWs and their gaping vaginas.
>>
>>29416889
I loved gun collages, I always had an issue of Guns and Ammo when I did art projects.
>>
>>29423214
>implying the UN is ever useful or that anybody ever gives a fuck about them

Go collect some more pennies for unicef, shill
>>
>>29416910
that was resolved pretty quickly.
>>
>>29426811
>Just like how if you point out an unarmed populace is easily fallen victim to the predations of criminals and despots an anti will point and shriek that you are fear mongering.
To be fair there's a reasonable degree of it that is.

The way the UK is portrayed as a nightmarish place where muslims try to behead you in your doorway every day is inaccurate and attempts to turn the argument around to "I NEED a gun..." instead of sticking to
>need
SHALL NOT

are often pretty ugly and miss the point.
>>
File: wat.jpg (10 KB, 156x128) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
10 KB, 156x128
why is this idea so alien to people? people will scream muh rights, muh rights, but the right to determine what goes on, on your property...is...well, a right.
if you wont respect other peoples rights, why should you expect them to respect yours? if they dont want guns on their land, so be it. if you think you should be allowed to just disregards someones rights, well, where do you live so i can camp in your backyard?

inb4 "must be anti-gunner hurrr". i think you should be able to own anything you like. no one robs a liquor store for the 200 bucks in the till with a 15,000$ gun in their hands. they sell it. and anyone willing to spend 15,000$ on a gun to commit a crime, isnt going to be stopped by any gun laws. a pressure cooker and how much fireworks costs you how much....

which brings me to another thing. "muh constitution". stop it. stop using this argument. its not valid. if you cant think of why, you clearly have minimal knowledge of what the constitution is and how it works
>>
>>29427945

This
>>
>>29417062
shall
not
be
infringed
>>
>>29420898
Get the bases to chime in I'm sure they would love to help
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.