[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /k/. I'm currently nogunz who is in the market for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: glock19.jpg (25 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
glock19.jpg
25 KB, 300x250
Hi, /k/. I'm currently nogunz who is in the market for a full size handgun under 600 dollars. What's the best I can buy? Doesn't matter to me if new or used, as long as it works and works well.

Pic related, what I'm thinking I'll buy.
>>
File: 1911_45acp.jpg (54 KB, 800x541) Image search: [Google]
1911_45acp.jpg
54 KB, 800x541
If your intentions are to use it for defense then consider factoring spare magazines, defensive ammunition, and perhaps a gun-mounted light in to your budget. Range toy you can get away with a couple mags. Also, you didn't mention a caliber, which have considerable price differences
>>
>>29399411
>Beretta 92
>1911
>>
>>29399411
Most glock full size models are over 600 by about 30-40 dollars. Sig Sauer p320f is a full sized 9mm that you can swap parts to have a compact and subcompact sized pistol as well.
Not sure about the rest of the US, but lgs has a few beretta 92's sitting around unfired for 550.
If you don't mind Turkish handguns, canik tp9 is about 350 and pretty solid.

Check backpage and your local stores.
>>
>>29399411

CZ 75
>>
>>29399411

19 is more of a compact gun. Look at the 17 for glocks in full size
>>
File: glawk4601.jpg (80 KB, 1024x759) Image search: [Google]
glawk4601.jpg
80 KB, 1024x759
>19
>full size
pick one
>>
G17
>>
>>29399794
Why would someone mind Turkish handguns?
>>
>>29401411
roach detected
>>
>>29399411

A glock 19 isn't full sized, but it is still an incredibly worthy purchase OP. Not small enough to kick like a mule, but not large enough that it is a nuisance to carry.

Besides all of the glocknade shitposting, glocks are no frills no bullshit quality handguns.
>>
>>29399411
Fine choice for a first pistol.
>>
>>29399794
Sigfag here with a 320 compact. Still pretty decent size. Inexpensive in relative terms for the company and shoots like a dream, it's a 9 so it isn't to expensive to go to the range once a month or so and let 400 go through it. Haven't bought the exchange lot yet for different sizes. They run a little under 400 last I checked. If you get one New you get a 20% discount through sig wten you register it online which would save 80 bucks so for 320ish you get another handgun at a different size and caliber of you want it.
>>
>>29401419
No. Just a dumbass.
>>
>>29401553

how does it compare in youre experience to a glock 19? Im going to rent one at the range next weekend
>>
Hey guys I want to CC in the waistband. Never owned a pistol, thinking about getting something by CZ because I prefer steel frames and hammers over polymer and strikers.
Is there anything I should know/consider?
>>
>>29401662
Rent both if possible. Pretty similar really, no safety on the sig though, but the slide release is just so fucking sweet.
>>
>>29401742
>Hey guys I want to CC in the waistband
Enjoy shooting your dick off :^)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.