[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /k/unts. I got's me a (reproduction) Le Mat for Civil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: For the retrards, not you.jpg (331 KB, 1281x829) Image search: [Google]
For the retrards, not you.jpg
331 KB, 1281x829
Okay /k/unts.

I got's me a (reproduction) Le Mat for Civil War reenactments.

There is a single round mini-shotgun, for you fucking plebs that didn't know.
Anyways, for recreational shooting, the getting a reliably firing load the the center barrel is going to a son of a bitch, and firing the shotgun will probably be no fun. From what I've heard, you need to cut open a 12 gauge shell, and get a certain amount of powder and pellets, without messing it up. I'm not a potato, so yes, I'm going to make sure I'm doing it 100% properly before actually firing it.

Is it worth the effort? I'm going to say no, but I'll shift based on testimonies.
>>
how about you get fucked in your mouth
>>
>>29396434
Just look up loads that other people have used, and don't cannibalize shotgun shells for ammo.
>>
>>29396434
Are you talking about using smokeless powder from a modern 12 gauge shell, because that is not a good idea for a black powder gun, you can just buy or cast your own shot in whatever size you want for it by the bottle and I'm sure use the same black powder you use for the normal cylinder loads.
>>
>>29396434
Firing the shotgun itself, that was my main point. What're opinions on the shooting itself?
>>
>>29396549
I sure would, it seems cool, what repro did you buy and how much?
>>
I bet you wouldn't know how to keep the shot from rolling out lol

Go watch some vids of people using LeMats on youtube
>>
>>29396434
>From what I've heard, you need to cut open a 12 gauge shell, and get a certain amount of powder and pellets, without messing it up.

Missing fingers in 3.2.1.
>>
>>29396434
>From what I've heard, you need to cut open a 12 gauge shell, and get a certain amount of powder and pellets, without messing it up.
>I heard using smokeless powder in black powder firearms is totally fine
I hope you are baiting

Unless the shotgun barrel was made with smokeless powder in mind (I doubt that), usig it might result in you looking for you missing fingers all over the place.

They are not supposed to withstand the pressure of smokeless, even in small amounts.
>>
File: 1443157823780.jpg (34 KB, 460x363) Image search: [Google]
1443157823780.jpg
34 KB, 460x363
>>29396434
Ever just be eating something, and fart, then try to smell the fart so hard, it effects the way your food tastes?
>>
>>29398456
Nope.

But I probably will after reading that.
>>
>>29396434
So, you're character is a fairly senior officer? Seriously, I knew a guy who always played as a slick-sleeve cav private and he *ALWAYS* caught shit for carrying a LeMat. He didn't want to give up the gun so he ended up having to stitch a star on his collar, but that took a lot of the fun out of reenacting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.