[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could only have one handgun/rifle/shotgun...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Hey /k/,

Looking to start collecting/shooting guns. Because of that I wanted to ask one question: if you could have only one handgun, one rifle, and one shotgun which would you pick and why? I'm hoping you guys will take the time to answer this one for me. Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Anon.
>>
>>29394496
hk m23, its a good suppressor system, and the gun is excellently built, no better fighting handgun in my eyes.

benelli m3, can go from pump to semi-auto conversion, from a click of a button, and its benelli so its well made.

and a ar-15 with a 14.5" in barrel. all a rounder rifle
>>
>>29394552
Very nice choice in pistol.
>>
>>29394496

USPC in either .357 sig or 9mm because reasons.

I'll go with the 870 because reasons.

Anddd the Scar 17 for multi purpose, or the DT-SRS covert.
>>
Handgun - S&W 629, because I fell in love with revolvers when I shot a .38 special a month ago, and if I can only have one, it'll have to be a .44.

Shotgun - I guess the Browning Auto 5 partly because it fascinates me how a self-loading shotgun was made over a hundred years ago. Plus, it looks sexy and kicks like a mule.

Rifle - My russkie SKS because cheap ammo, rugged slav aesthetics, fun+easy to clean, fun to shoot, and I can open glass soda bottles by racking the bolt back, turning the rifle upside down, and using the grooves on the left side.
>>
>>29394850
Correction: for the revolver I'll take the model 29 because Dirty Harry.
>>
Honestly:
>AR-15
>Glock 19
>Remington 1100
A boring response but if I could only have one those would be them. Personally I don't really like ARs (prefer AKs in 5.45) or Glocks (prefer HK), but there's no denying that they just werk and that parts, mags and ammo are everywhere.
>>
Handgun - Walther PPQ. That delicious trigger.

Rifle - Probably my Tikka T3. AR-15 is a close second, but it's not nearly as satisfying to shoot, especially at longer ranges.

Shotgun - Mossberg 500
>>
File: image.jpg (873 KB, 2403x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
873 KB, 2403x1400
That's a difficult question, because the qualifier "have only" implies that the owner should fork over a lot of money to have the guaranteed best shit. i.e., if you could "have only" one one shirt for the rest of your life, you'd probably buy some $600 indestructible shirt instead of the more practical $20 shirt you would otherwise buy.

You also say "looking to start collecting". Are you asking what a practical start to a collection(that will eventually be greater than three) is? If you've never shot before or are recoil sensitive you should buy a .22 rifle and learn to shoot. I recommend a Savage Fv-sr or a Ruger 10/22. A 9mm pistol should be fine for learning on. I recommend the Glock 19. Worry about a shotgun later on in your "collecting". Your third gun should be a rifle in a intermediate caliber. And what I would recommend depends on if you have intentions of hunting or not; if not go with a WASR AKM(cheapest good AK available now. Rugged, reliable and fun to shoot), if you are then get something like a Tikka t3 in a caliber suited for what you're hunting.

If I was holding myself to three guns only for the rest of my life I'd get a Glock 19(not the most expensive pistol, but I believe the best overall), a Norinco or Polytech type 56($1600 AKM that does the exact same thing a WASR does but is cooler looking/unique and its fit and finish is great), and a Mossberg 590a1. Although I would substitute the shotgun for a .308 with a magnified scope in a heartbeat if your retarded question's rules allowed.
>>
>>29394850
how well do you shoot one handed with the .38? I have to use both hands to hit anything
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 316x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 316x321
>Handgun: Korth Combat
I want something that will last me a lifetime, and has some ammo versitility
>Rifle: Barrett MRAD
For hunting big game and long range shooting. A semi-auto rifle would be nice, but I]in the long run, I'd like a bolt gun with a S&B optic mounted on top. Also, you can swap barrels with the MRAD for different calibers, but I'd probably keep it chambered in .300WM
>Shotgun: Benelli Cordoba
High volume wing shooting is my bag, baby. After taking my cordoba to Argentina and shooting 6000 rounds in three days with zero failures, I trust that shotgun with my life.
>>
>>29394968
It isn't that hard, really. I'm the furthest thing from Jerry Miculek, but I simply get a good grip on the gun like I'm giving a firm handshake and breathe out when I'm about to fire in order to help keep my hand steady. Inaccuracy happens because I really haven't shot guns for that long in my life, so I'm not quite used to keeping my hand from trembling, even when breathing out.
>>
Handgun:sig 226
Rifle:scar 17
Shotgun:Benelli m4
>>
>>29395123
how unique. faglord
>>
>>29395097
DTA -SRS vs Barrett MRAD

I'd like to see those two rifle scored against each other sometime....
>>
>>29395099
I try to do the same thing, weight isn't an issue so my arm will be steady but I just miss every shot. Two handed is definitely the deadliest way to fire a revolver, if I'm shooting one handed its only to look cool and missing doesn't look cool!
>>
>>29394496

Rifle: Mini 14
Shotgun: Maverick 88
Pistol: Ruger 9E/SR9
>>
>>29395123
Sorry I can afford them all and you can't poorlord
>>
>>29395307
Meant for>>29395167
>>
Rifle: sig sauer 556 swat patrol
Pistol: sig p320 carry model
Shotgun: Remington m870 express super magnum.
>>
>>29395244
Well shooting two-handed for any gun is, by default, the best way to fire one.
>>
>>29395379
i have a barret m107a1

but ok
>>
>>29394552
Pretty good setup

SR-25 16" since it's my only rifle it may as well have some thump.

Benelli M3 for the same reasons

And either a Beretta Vertec G because it's one of the better versions of my 1st love and I can CC it decently OR a Springfield XDS 4.0 for a bit of versatility
>>
>>29395403
>Shotgun: Remington m870 express super magnum.

FG
>>
>>29395307
>>29395412
Ladies , ladies, please, you both look pretty in the dress calm down.
>>
>>29395407
Haha agreed. I had just meant that a lot of people will take shooting a pistol one handed as the normal way to go about it when the guns in their hand. It's that way through people watching movies and tv I believe. Everyone I take shooting shoots the pistol one handed and they all miss! I always show them to use two because I can't hit anything with one hand either
>>
>>29395427
yeah i love the KAC ARs, i dont think anyone makes a better AR system. But its a bit out of my budget.

Besides, i like daniel defense, and place my life with their stuff, im not even shilling, ive had nothing but good come from my M4A1 and V11.
>>
>>29395683
I used to have a KAC brochure from a billion years ago when I was in my early teens. Back when they we're still doing the RAS/RIS system on the SRs and MP5s. I wish I still had it to show the price gap between now and then. Sub 2k SRs man.

Don't blame you for going DD though. Gold standard for DI guns IMO.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.