[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disinfecting an SKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
I'm trying to disinfect a new yugo SKS. It's really dirty and covered in shit but I don't want it to rust from cleaning it.

What do I do?
>>
>>29392097
>but I don't want it to rust from cleaning it.
Then oil it afterwards retard
>>
>>29392097
>Disinfect
>covered in shit

Erm, what?
>>
>>29392103
but how do I disinfect it? Can I just use soap and water aslong as I oil it after?
>>
>>29392119
Wtf no not soap and water. Use something like mineral turpentine. It'll kill any germs (if thats what you're scared of) and it'll evaporate off. Then oil it.
>>
>>29392119
Sure, just don't air dry it without putting a film of oil on it. Pop the stock off if you haven't already.

Not sure why you want to 'disinfect' it. If you need to remove the cosmoline...that's different.
>>
>>29392097
Autoclave it for an hour or so. That should do the ticket.
>>
>>29392134
>>29392152
>>29392110

Long story short I was drinking with a Vietnam vet who said Gooks would lube their rifles with their own shit and he claimed it worked.

after stumbling home in the morning I apparently threw up in my toilet, got my new SKS out of my room, took a shit, lubed my rifle with the shit, and passed out in the tub covered in shit.

I cleaned the bathroom easy enough, but I'm afraid to fuck the wood up on my rifle using soap.
>>
I used soap and boiling water for mine. Towel dried the individual parts, then oiled them. I also fed the cleaning rod with some of those little cotton pads through the barrel and gas tube several times to make sure it was dry all throughout.
>>
>2016
>Not having a tacti/k/ool kit on a SKS
>Do you even operate bro ?
>>
>>29392172
I don't see why you need to disinfect it. If it worked for gooks it should work for you, no?
>>
>>29392186
Imagine being a school principle, getting a panicked call from one of your teachers, then seeing that.
>>
>>29392172
"/k/ is full of normal people"
>>
>>29392172
What the fuck
>>
Bump
>>
>>29392222
Come on. It's an sks. I can't be the only one who's done this.
>>
>>29392172
haha ebin new /k/ meme friendo see u on the breddit thread :)

when will we stop with these fake dumb as fuck stories
>>
>>29392327
you got your answer, dumbass
>>
>>29392221
That's what he gets for going to a Harry Potter school
>>
>>29392097
Let's see this shitty rifle, until we get photo proofs this is just another lame screen-cap bait thread
>>
>>29392331

>I can't be the only one who has shit on their own rifle

Yea because smearing poop on prized possessions is something everyone does regularly
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.