[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: 1441839825608.jpg (91 KB, 577x537) Image search: [Google]
1441839825608.jpg
91 KB, 577x537
/meg/-Military Enlistment General
Letting it die edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
Does anyone ever make it through basic without being a fuck-up?
>>
File: 1447135235649.jpg (30 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
1447135235649.jpg
30 KB, 694x530
I'm going to Air Force Basic on Tuesday, what should I bring? My recruiter forgot to give me a packing list and just told me to google it and I'll be fine, what a colossal fuck up.

Any tips from people that went through Air Force Basic recently? My job is intel if that makes any difference.
>>
>>29369337

Everyone will get shit on a little, that's just part of BCT. The majority won't be considered "fuck ups" by the end though.
>>
File: doggers.png (102 KB, 526x363) Image search: [Google]
doggers.png
102 KB, 526x363
>>29369818
Could you clarify something for me please?

After I enlist, I do MEPS (ASVAB, physical, MOS selection, swearing in). Then I will get shipped to basic right? Where does the APFT fit in; before or after basic?

Right now I pass by a small margin the push-up and sit-ups part, but not the 2-mile run. So I was wondering if you get to improve physically in basic and at the end before they send you to AIT they do the APFT.
Am I correct?
>>
>>29370292
Don't be a shitbag. Go into BCT meeting or exceeding the standard.
>>
Thinking about joining as a 92m(mortuary). Can any anons give me some insight?

My family is terrified of me serving. I wanted to just do something with combat but at 26, and knowing there are people who give too many fucks about me, they've talked me out of it, but I know I want to be a mortician and still want to serve.
>>
>>29370395
Of course I will, I still got months 'till I enlist, but I just want to know when APFT is.

It's just the running part that I am doing shite. Also, last post I had a typo. I pass sit-ups and push-ups by a large margin not small.
>>
>>29369337

Plenty.

Typically the slightly older guys who are used to working jobs involving mundane shitty work and waking up way too early in the mornings. My job prior to the Navy had me waking up at 4am every morning, so in boot camp I'd wake up before everyone at 4am, shave, brush my teeth, make my rack, then lay back down very carefully on it and wait for reveille in another hour or two. RDCs and other guys in the division thought I was some super moto superstar, in reality it was just the same dumb shit I always did in life. You aren't required to do anything that requires any form of intelligence. Fold this shirt this way. Memorize this easy shit. Don't point the gun at anything but the target. It's all fucking retard tier lazy.

I only "fucked up" once and it was because I had a brain fart and stowed my blues with the buttons fastened. Got smoked because it was the only opportunity I ever gave them to be smoked and they jumped on it with pleasure. Turned to disappointment when they realized the stupid limits they have on smoking (there's max rep counts/times for every exercise) weren't enough to get me.

Oh yeah, and I got smoked because a salty dirtbag knocked my towel off my rack right before our last big inspection. We caught it before, but it was my rack so I had to get smoked for it. Was a short session because they knew what happened.

In a nutshell, boot camp is retarded easy. Play the game, participate in the dog and pony show. Listen to the simple instructions they give you, pay attention to the little details, remember you're getting a paycheck for being babysat. Easiest 2-3 months (depending on branch) you'll have in the military, maybe even life itself. It was actually much LESS stressful than normal life for me.
>>
>>29370477

Maybe the AF does it different, but in the Navy, you take an unofficial physical test soon after you arrive (after medical processing week) and another one at the end, the end one being the one that counts.

Not sure if AF does the beginning one, but you will most definitely face a physical fitness test by the end of boot camp that can make or break your ability to graduate on time.
>>
>>29370612
Thanks! Also, I'm not the AF anon, I'm going Army.
>>
If I join the Army Reserve, then go Enlisted for a combined max of 20 years, do I still get retirement or does that only count if I served as Enlisted for the whole thing?
>>
>>29369337
I only got yelled at 2x in 8 weeks.
>>
Neat, just signed contract for USAF EOD. Go to BMT May 10th. Tech school is mostly at Eglin and I've got family near there.

5/5 breddy gud
>>
>>29370856
BMT is shit; its not hard just really annoying and boring. I just finished BMT on march 11.
Have fun being confused for the first week or so and literally your existence will be wrong. Youre just wrong.
>>
Rewatching Band Of Brothers right now and I'm getting triggered by how much better the uniforms look than what the Army has now
>>
>>29370903
Navy has the best uniforms imo except for the squeaky spongebob boots, and trust me you see all 4 major branches here at JBSA when at the 344th so that is unbiased
>>
>>29370879

Yeah my dad's Aerospace Physiology (O-5) and he gave me a lecture about how the human body will adapt to literally anything in 72 hours.

So the first 3 days are horrible and confusing, and then after that you start seeing the humor in the tryhard TI act and try not to break bearing giggling.
>>
Ask an Active Duty Warrant Officer anything.
>>
>>29370984
Should I fly jets or go surface warfare?
>>
>>29370984

What exactly is a warrant officer anyway?
>>
File: IMG_20160324_175625.jpg (421 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_175625.jpg
421 KB, 720x1280
>>29370964
Yeah once 6th weeks hits the mtis just chill out and act normal. I hope you get in the 320, 321, 323, or 331 aka Disneyland
>>
>>29370996
Do you want to fly? Also let me specify I am USA.
>>29371002
A technical and tactical expert.
>>
>>29371038
i want to work with planes to be quite tbqh
>>
>>29371123
submitted the wrong post
want to add on i do want to work with planes but not really fly them. i was thinking NFO but they have to fly sometimes too
>>
>you'll never be able to join one the biggest and best army in the world or any military for that fact
>You"ll never own a firearm
>You get cucked just by going to /k/ everyday and watch people own weapons you could only dream of having.

just kill me now.
>>
>>29371169
NFO stands for naval flight officer if I'm not mistaken. Sounds like you want to be a crew chief or a maintenance officer.
>>
>>29371285
What did you do anon.
>>
>>29371320
Felony dui and grand larceny. I was young and stupid.
>>
>>29371320
The only thing i did is be born deformed in my hand and feet. also no funs having country

>>29371346
go suck knifehands dick.
>>
>>29371346
Yeah that sounds pretty stupid.
>>29371359
What's wrong with your appendages.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 254x198) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 254x198
>>29371383
something like this

>inb4 ayy lmao
>>
>>29371412
Ectrodactyly?
>>
>>29371288
very few get the maintenance officer slots you gotta be prior and have a certain degree too and be lucky
crew chief?
>>
>>29371439
I don't know if you're telling me or asking me. I can only speak as to the USA but maintenance warrants are prior service.
>>
Are battlefield commissions even a thing anymore? Has anyone received one in the war on terror?
>>
i just got a slot for a 14T with a 40k bonus. did i dun good or have i fucked up? also how bad is sill?
>>
>>29371592
>ADA
could be worse but in the entire history of their existence they've never shot down an aircraft. I had a training officer who was ADA and high speed as fuck, he was attached to some swoopy dudes and saw a lot of shit.
>>
>>29371646
why tho? seems odd he would be attached to a spoopy unit like that
>>
>>29371679
Because while highly trained, swoopy dudes can't know everything, so they get the best SMEs for the areas they require. Could go something like this.
>early 2003
>pre invasion
>CAG inserts deep into Iraq
>Intel suggests a high likelihood of enemy air assets in area
>CAG doesn't have an organic ADA guy
>get best guy from conventional ADA unit who is pathfinder, airborne, air assault qualified
>>
Do the Rangers rely on JTACs from the Air Force? Or is there an Army MOS for that?
>>
>>29369133
Thinking of joining ROTC any advice?
>>
>>29371491
im telling you i guess ruling that option out for myself
im talking about US too
>>
>>29371837
They usually have their own, at that level they'd use a CCT.
>>
>>29371951
USA=US Army
>>
How hard is it to go to West Point as an active duty soldier?
Would you have to wait until your enlistment is up?
>>
>>29372034
I believe you apply while enlisted but you have to wait until you're within a certain timeframe of ETSing to go.
>>
>>29370984
Why are you never at formation?
>>
>>29371895
dont
go to ocs
rotc blows dicks
>>
>>29372122
Because Formations are stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 591x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 591x443
>>29372128
>>
>>29372128
whats wrong with rotc? how do the regular enlisted see you? army specifically
>>
>>29372293
Generally OCS grads are more down-to-Earth and have less entitlement issues.

But I'm an OCS grad, so bias as fuck.
>>
>>29372361
U a bitch nigga
>>
>>29372050
Hmm.
>>
>>29371716
that's pretty badass actually
>>
Just curious, I've no idea how this works.
If you enlist in the army and choose to never talk to your family again (I have reasons), does the army in any way try to facilitate communication?
I'm enlisting either way, but I just don't want to be sideswiped by some familial bullshit down the line.
>>
>>29372492
No.
>>
>>29372361
what ocs branch?
>>
>>29370292
From what I've been told for the army it's near the end of BCT.
>>
>>29372512
Quartermaster
>>
Is anyone here familiar with the West Point admission process?
>>
>>29372502
Thanks
>>
>>29372526
You'll do 2-3 diagnostics and a record at the end.
>>
>>29372532
how hard was it? im trying to go for navy ocs
>>
>>29372512
Army OCS
Branched Adjutant General with a Field Artillery branch detail
>>
>>29372034

You don't have to wait. You do have to be young and unmarried though. IIRC 23 years old is the max age.

>>29372293

Nobody cares. ROTC is generally the best commissioning method for the officer, but enlisted don't give a shit what your commissioning source was.
>>
i wanna fly jets but by the time i finish my bachlors ill be 28

are there any other options to fly something? or will my age fuck me for something like helicopters too?
>>
Anyone else in the DEP here? Leaving April 12th for AF. Feeling pretty good, college didn't work out but I got the credits for E3. Mostly just getting stir crazy at my house, probably watching way too much anime.
>>
>>29372607
Army WOFT
>>
<11B
<Drives Bradleys

Ask me stuff. If ya want
>>
Anyone know any experiences/knowledge into joining psyops? Canadian here, but americans and all feel free to contribute anything you got. My main questions are what kind of personalities are they looking for, and are they highly selective, or competitive?
>>
>>29372691
BRADILLAC
>>
>>29372647
thanks ill look into this
>>
>>29371837
Usually their own Fisters(13F) that get JTAC qual'd.
>>
>>29372773
That or they get JFO and just clear through a JTAC somewhere. Or the pilot is a super rad dude and is FAC-A
>>
>>29369337
It's easy, just do what you're told and you'll be fine. As long as you can follow basic instructions then you'll be fine. Only people in my division that were fuckups was the recruits with divisional jobs that had no idea how to do it. Boot camp ain't hard.
>>29370546
Ship 14 :)))))))
>>
>>29372943
For example, we had this guy named trottier in our div, he was first a yeoman (who was terrible at it) so then later on in training he would become the barracks checkout sheet PO (Being in charge of the checkout sheet to see who is here and who is absent) he never updated it when we had people going to medical or dental or legal or anything and he made us late to chow quite a few times, costed us all to get some ITE sessions.
I fucked up once, being the weapons petty officer in the div I fucked up during a mock WTI/PI. Messed up on the firearm part by not being able to get the bullet out of the chamber and my second RDC told me that he's just gonna send me to medical during the inspection so I wouldn't fuck up our divisional score.
Anyhow. Like what the other anon said, try to wake up before Reveille to help yourself out on getting ready for the day (shave, making bunk, getting into the UOD, etc)
>>
>>29372943
i heard that you dropped senpai
>>
>>29373062
Mhm. Chip didn't count one of the laps I did on the PRT. Got sepped with an RE3, already in the process of re enlisting.
>>
>>29373115
Ahhh, well then, good luck friendo
>>
>>29371837
>>29372005
Not entirely wrong. If not 13F its going to be JTACs from 17STS, which is attached. Or just from any STS really.

And yeah the MOS is 13F. But unless you are deadset on being in the Army and the 75th, there is absolutely no reason to do 13F over TACP or CCT.
>>
>>29373210
>there is absolutely no reason to do 13F over TACP or CCT

except for the washout rate of TACP and CCT is high and most people wont make it through
>>
>>29372697
Not highly selective in comparison. Just don't be autistic and be able to talk and be self-sufficient and pass the course obviously.
>>
>>29373237
13F aren't in as high demand as other non-11B MOS are for the 75th. Which means the wash out can be high or completely random.
>>
>>29373243
My fear is not getting pass selection. Wondering what type of personalities they're looking for and if its anything specific or just anyone that's friendly.
>>
>>29370546
....Holy fuck.... I forgot they have a limit now on Sand Hill. I remember a time not too long ago where my first day at OSUT was. Every one was a dick. We were called swinging johnsons and by the numbers we were given on our ACHs. During red phase were we were given mandatory 4 hours of sleep. 2000 rolls by, time to dissemble our bunks and resemble them down stairs. Takes about 2-3 hours to finish while we had to pull 360 degrees security/fireguard. Always 25 percent up on guard. Mass punishment, one guy gets fucked we all get fucked. Smoked to the point where our windows were covered in sweat. If they can't do push ups, you did it for them while they did alternate punishments for retraining.

God I can go on for days... I think we were the last Cycle that they could go full ham on so they abused us as a, have fun while it lasts sergeant!

People were so stressed that we were making each other do push ups because of minor infractions. Rather get scuffed up internally then let the drills find out.

Dudes who were 200 pounds and 5'10 of pure fucking muscle mass turned into fucking 150 pound skinnies like it was nothing. Lucky to get 2 hours of constant sleep in the first month or so thanks to that 25% fireguard bullshit.

Just goddamn...
>>
>>29373376
There isn't any type of predetermined personality type. Don't be a meathead.

Even if there was, what are you gonna do, change your personality?

You can't do a good job in these fields of work by trying to be someone you're not. And most likely the psyche dudes will catch on before you even make it anywhere.
>>
>>29373381
Cool basic war story bro.
>>
Is RASP actually difficult?
>>
>>29373426
You're right. But it'll start with an interview with one of their officers, and its the first impression that'll really determine whether or not i'll be able to proceed further. First impressions mean alot in these cases, and the idea of a one on one, be all interview makes me nervous. But really beyond that I feel very suited for this specialization, I just want the opportunity.
>>
>>29373381
Kek I had to pull double fire guard for 15 days in basic
>>
>>29370434
That is a tiny field, so you probably won't get a response from an actual 92m.

I've been a casualty assistance officer and worked with casualty liaison teams, so I'm familiar with the Army mortuary process and might be able to answer basic questions. What are you trying to find out?
>>
>>29373639
>I've been a CAO
So has literally every other officer in the Army.
>>
>>29372548
You need to get a letter of recommendation from the governor or a congressman or the president so work on that
>>
>>29372579
This is why you don't go to Army OCS.
>>
>>29372943
>Ship 14? Who were your RDCs?
>>
>>29373672
No. There's a rank and time in service requirement to be a CAO. Majority of the officer shitposters probably haven't.
>>
>>29373744
CW2 here. I've been one for at least 5 years.
>>
File: 1351528662.jpg (38 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
1351528662.jpg
38 KB, 600x394
>>29373779
Cool?
>>
>>29373811
Find a new reaction pic brother. I'm saying that it's not a crazy rank or TIS requirement, as you know you have to be equal rank or higher to the deceased. It may start at CPT For O grades but CW2 is the start for Warrant and I think E6 or E7.
>>
>>29370434
>I want to be a mortician
Why? Genuinely curious
>>
>>29373845
That's because of the TIS requirement, obviously it's easier for technical warrants because they already have some service time when they go to WOCS. For flight warrants it's obviously a minute before they reach 6 years TIS.

Regardless, I have some knowledge in the area from that and other experience and offered to answer basic questions. Not like the guy's going to get some 92M SFC to drop from the sky and answer his questions, and the chances that he can find a local recruiter of that MOS is 0.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 320x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 320x190
>>29373892
>>
>>29369133
got some sweet sweet US Gov't amphetamines. taxpayer funded drug abuse. gets me through the days. fuckit.
>>
File: 1448381025347.jpg (339 KB, 1024x797) Image search: [Google]
1448381025347.jpg
339 KB, 1024x797
as a mtf trans female, will the marines accept me?

Or will it be problematic for me down the road?
I know they had mandatory sensitivity training, so I think I'll be good
>>
15C here, ask me anything.

Prior service, so I can talk about either enlisted or officer shit.
>>
>>29374052
Airframe
>>
>>29374075

EO-5C
RC-12
>>
>>29374147
>UAS
Were you a 15W before
>>
>>29374309

lol UAS...

They're manned fixed-wing ISR platforms, and no I wasn't a 15 series joe
>>
File: grunt life never changes.jpg (2 MB, 2234x1498) Image search: [Google]
grunt life never changes.jpg
2 MB, 2234x1498
>>29371571
from wikipedia
"
Afghanistan War — The Marine Corps gave battlefield promotions to members of its Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) due to meritorious performance and the deaths of other deployed EOD leaders.

The US Army has current regulations[4] allowing battlefield commissions (technically "Battlefield Appointments") but it is unclear when they were last used."
>>
how do y'all feel about going BUDS route?
>>
>>29374423

Never fucking happens, ever.

I've been in the Army for 12 years and have not heard of it happening once.
>>
>>29374324
I'm an idiot, thought I read RQ. Anyways what'd you do as a joe.
>>
>>29374464

91W (turned into 68W) - medic

Did that for awhile and then realized that life sucks as an enlisted guy and wanted to go O grade.

Commissioned through ROTC in the reserve and now I fly airplanes for a living. My lifestyle is now flying all around the US to just explore places I haven't been, stay in hotels and eat at dank restaurants when I'm not deployed.

Can't really get any better than this.
>>
Air Force only recruits these guys in basic training. If you are not a strong swimmer, don't even bother.
>>
>>29373998
>be cananananadian
>have transgirl few lesbians and overly sensitive dyke in house
>they are judged only on character and the only one we disliked was the super sensitive one that would run off to padre at the first sign of pressure

transgirl was french and qt3.14 would smash.
you'll be fine
>>
So I just found out one of my officers browses 4chan. What do
>>
>>29374501

Lots of us do, trooper
>>
>>29374481
>all that fruit salad
Those are some hard motherfuckers
>>
>>29369392
Hell, you don't have to bring anything. Someone will probably give you a basic toiletries kit along with a mini bible at some point. Then the MTI will have everyone draw an advance and send you shopping with a list.
>>
What kind of combat training should I expect as a seabee? I dont have any delusions and know my job is construction first but as long as I get to try some fun weapons now and then ill be happy
>>
>>29374481
Rangers rescuing the way.
>>
>>29374599
Heh
>>
>>29373515
It sure sucks. But it isn't anything in comparison to some other pipelines.
>>
>>29373546
You need to just be you. When it comes to officers they always look to see if the person matches the resume, even if in an obscure way.

But as the officer and leader of a team, you need to be the most well spoken person in it.
>>
>>29374599
Those are PJ's who have attended Ranger school for god know's why. So many schools and courses more relevant than that.
>>
Anyone here know anything about SOAS?
>>
>>29374673
SOAR?
>>
>>29374644

Not really. Ranger school is the epitome of testing personal grit and toughness, which is exactly what PJs need to have in spades.

You need the toughest, most physically resilient guys doing that job.
>>
>>29374682
nope, SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection. pretty sure its just OCS for NSW (with mini-buds thrown in)
>>
>>29373724
AWFC, FC1 & AT1. how about you bbyg?
FC1 went back to the fleet, we were his last division ,AWFC should now be back to the fleet, we were his second last and we were AT1s first div, he was a blue rope finishing up RDC training when we were in Pdays. Hell be there for a few more years.
>>29374501
You'd be surprised, one of the RDCs in ship 04 spent his freetime browsing /tv/ when he was on the OOD watch. He never told us but you could always see it on his laptop in the OOD office.
>>
>>29374689
No, not really.

Tell that to the thousands of tabbed dudes who don't selected for SF, SMU's, etc.

It's purely a bogusly politically driven suckfest to improve your political skills and rapport as an official fellatio professional of the conventional Army.

Don't get me wrong, its a good thing to have. But it isn't and end all be all by any means.
>>
>>29374718
ship 04 reporting desu
>>
>>29374423
Army did battlefield promotions in both Iraq and Afghanistan, not just battlefield commissions.
>>
>>29374697
Ah, no no idea mate.
>>
>>29374725

None of what you said refutes my point.

Political or not, it is a great test of the toughness of a person. It's not the ultimate stamp of a hardass, but it is a great way to show that a guy has what it takes to perform a tough job.

Also, SMU and related units have a component of physical prowess, but there a lot of other factors they look for other than that.
>>
>>29374782
*just not
>>
>>29374777
800 or regular? Right when I was getting out of FIT was when they started putting regular divs back in Arleigh Burke. 086 was the first to get back in there, I left two days before division 100 got there though.
The RDCs in that ship are so fucking chill, holy shit, the Asian male petty officer was my fucking nigga. I loved ship staff.
>>
>>29374828

Regular rifle div. Had QMC, AS1 and HM2. AS1 is probably the coolest RDC ar RTC.

HM2 did 2 tours and is going on 12 years so I think it made him a vindictive motherfucker. 50 10 counts and 4 bunk drills sandwhiched wirh lectures abour a week before grad.

across the street now
>>
Ranger school is basically a rite of passage these days. It's basically mandatory for combat arms officers, especially infantry. They'll go nowhere past captain if they don't have a tab.
>>
>>29374926
Is Ranger school more difficult than RASP?
>>
>>29374891
I think I remember which one QMC was. Short little dude right? Only RDCs I remember there thst wasn't FIT/RCU was the two Asian petty officers, ship staff coordinator(only remember his name, not his rate. Would say it but persec) and the female black petty officer.
The chaplain was really laid back too, I miss him a whole bunch. Never went to personally see him but he ran with us at every prt FIT did.
I fucking remember HM2. bless him dude. He was the fucking petty officer that attended to the female recruit having a fucking seizure in the fucking quarterdeck back in november.
Across the street as in THU or A school?
>>
>>29374935
I'll say yes not from personal experience but because my friend was a Ranger (in the regiment) who was injured in Ranger school, so he had a scroll but not a tab.
>>
>>29374481
Do you need to be a strong swimmer for TACP or CCT?
>>
>>29374950

QMC Hoyle was a big dude from Texas. I'm @ A school for EM right now so I will be here for a little while
>>
>>29374973
>do you need to shoot well to be a mechanic?
>>
>>29374995
Yup, I remember him now. PO Southwick and PO Do are the only ones I spent time with outside of FIT and actually got to know them, but remember seeing the names of the others.
Is EMSC Kreimer still the LCPO of ship 04?
I still got a few of my buddies from my original division over there in A school. They were AECFs though so they should be finishing up school soon since they graduated Nov 20th.
>>
>>29375055
Come to think of it, I don't remember what Senior Chief Kreimers rate was, it was either ET, EN or EM. Pretty sure he was a nuke though.
>>
I'm going to try and apply for West Point when I get in. I've read that they don't even fill all of their slots of Active Duty applicants, so it seems like if I'm not a complete fuck up and actually get good test scores I can pull it off.

Do USMA graduates get to choose to be Infantry officers?
>>
File: scores.png (191 KB, 1287x141) Image search: [Google]
scores.png
191 KB, 1287x141
am i dumb?
>>
>>29375083
It's still based off OML.
>>
>>29375099
No that's like a B.
>>
>>29375103
What should I do to max the OML?
>>
>>29374969
That's what scares me the most.

Getting injured during RASP/Ranger School and recycling/failing out

I hear that when they send you to Ranger School they(Batt guys) usually say if you don't get it you'll be RFS'd
>>
>>29374998
N-no?

M-maybe?
>>
>>29375117
It's based on your GPA and other performance while at west point.

Infantry is traditionally one of the more difficult branches to get. It might get easier as the current wars draw down and deployments slow.
>>
>>29375166
Do you work with a lot of West Point grads? Are they the pretentious by-the-books robots that Band of Brothers made them out to be?
>>
>>29375111
you think its good for 11B or mp pham?
>>
>>29375187
I was an instructor of new 2LTs, so I've worked with and supervised quite a lot of academy grads.

They're getting better. I can remember having trouble getting along with some of my peers when I was a new 2LT because they were stuck-up academy dongs. The new grads are not like that.

But... they get locked in a box for 4 years with other people just like them. Did you ever go to school with kids who went to religious school up through middle school and then a public high school, and they have a hard time fitting in? It's like that.

Also, they don't have a "normal" college experience, and some of them seem to go crazy as LTs and decide to get all the pussy/dick and drink all the alcohol that they missed out on all at once. Those types tend to get in trouble.

Not sure if that answers your question.
>>
>>29375248
Definitely answered my question, thanks
>>
>>29375234
Your scores are way above average, you're be fine. You're probably eligible for everything except a tiny number of jobs that require a 110 GT score.
>>
>>29369133
JFK was a damn good president despite being Democratic. Then again, nobody was as pants on head retarded back than.
>>
GAS WAS CUT OFF

SHOULD I TAKE A COLD SHOWER
>>
>>29375275
>not taking cold showers just cause

Pleb.
>>
>>29375296
it really does feel fucking awful for like 10 seconds
then you kind of adjust
They're fucking refreshing though and wake you up no doubt
>>
>>29375317
They're good for you circulation too.

And your skin and pores and shit.

And it makes me feel like a man after.
>>
I'm a 5'6" manlet joining the Airforce

how fucked am I
>>
>>29375528
are you a qt?
>>
>>29375538
y-yes
>>
File: 1453583360218.jpg (101 KB, 1071x1280) Image search: [Google]
1453583360218.jpg
101 KB, 1071x1280
>>29375548
can I see how qt you are?
>>
>>29375568
oh god
>>
>>29375528
>manlet
>not joining the marines
>>
>>29375528
Im a 5'5" manlet going to the AF for CCT. Being a manlet can't stop you from becoming operator af.
>>
Would the recruiter be okay with me taking the ASVAB without enlisting? I'd want to see what I score and take a few weeks/months to fully decide if I want to commit to the Army or not.

May be that's how it already is. idk how the process works.
>>
>>29375568
>I wasn't going to jack off tonight
Oh well
>>
>>29375528
>>29375713
I too am a 5'5" manlet joining the AF.
>>
File: 1455134731166.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1455134731166.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>tfw just found out my first duty station
>tfw it's exactly what I wanted
>>
>>29375713

If you fail, you will be reclassed into security forces.
If you fail, I recommend asking for a discharge. Im telling you this as security forces.
>>
>>29370984
What are some tips on how to become a Warrant Officer?
>>
>>29375055
>EMSC
>not EMCS
HOLY SHIT REE-KROO-IT NO WONDER THEY ASMO'D YOUR DELINQUENT ASS! BACK OF THE CHOW LINE, NOW!
>>
How many miles a week should an 18x candidate run per week? Like 30 or so? Should I do some rucking too or will I likely just fuck my shit up? I do have a backpacking backpack but it's like 30 years old.
>>
>>29376468
Be good.
>>
>>29375568
Which ones the chick?
>>
>>29376198
Yes. Ofc he'll pressure you hard to join after you take it, but you don't owe the military anything until you're sworn in.
>>
>>29376517
Aye aye Petty Officer :(
>>
Hey, I've been planning on enlisting in the air force for a while now. I know they drug test you at MEPS and draw your blood. I talked to the local recruiter and he told me that they do a urine test for controlled substances. He also said they might test your blood for substances. I went to college in California so I smoked a bit of weed every now an then. I last smoked 3 months ago. Will I be able to pass the tests they run?
>(Inb4 degenerate, loser, lowlife etc., that's why I'm trying to join the airforce.)
>>
>>29379291
Unless you're a huge fucking fatass you should be fine, I was able to pass drug tests one and a half weeks after smoking back in high school (I was very thin and ran a lot). My old recruiter actually had drug tests at the office that he would give to make sure people wouldn't pop at meps, you could ask yours for one if you were really worried.
But I'm like 99% sure you'll pass
>>
>>29379333
Yeah, I'm relatively thin, I'm 5'8 and 142. I work out at least twice a week and I drink a fuckton of stuff, so I go to the bathroom all the time. I've heard that going to the bathroom a lot helps with drug tests. Don't know if that's true. I also did some uh, cocaine three months ago but That only stays in your system for a week at most for one use. I really need to pass this. I'm afraid if I don't get in, I'll loose what little motivation I have. My will to live is waning.
>>
>>29379333
>>29379291
The recruiter I'm talking about was a navy guy and from what I hear drugs are a bigger issue in the air force than navy, army, marines. So maybe don't ask him if he has a drug test...
>>
>>29379361
You'll be fine. Do some intense workouts to be on the ultra safe side if you want I guess. Drinking a lot dilutes your urine so that tip makes sense.
And it sounds like you've got some shit to figure out man, the military probably won't make you not want to kill yourself. Just a heads up.
>>
>>29379435
Naw, I know, but it will give me some motivation. I'm not suicidal, I just have trouble doing things because I don't have any motivation.
>>
>>29376198
Yes, that's what I did. Just go in and say you want to take an ASVAB to consider your options in the military because you're still on the fence about joining. If he's too pushy and tries getting you to go to meps just ask someone else.
>>
So what physical condition would I need to be in to join U.S. Army?
>>
Do you need to be a shit hot soldier to get a nomination to USMAPS from your CO usually?
Or would showing an interest and having good SAT/ACT scores be enough?
>>
>>29371004
331 is disneyland now? They said they were closing that shithole down soon when I went through. So much black mold in the clipper
>>
>>29379457
>20 page research paper due in 2 weeks
>still need to do most of the research
>cant work up motivation to do it so im just browsing /k/
are you me?
>>
>>29379761
Well to have an easy time at meps you should have good mobility in general, no drugs, no obvious deformities, be at a normal weight for your height or be able to pass the tape test etc. As for having an easy time at basic, you'll want to at least meet the minimum standards in the running pushups and situps. I mean you don't HAVE to, but it'll make it a lot easier on yourself if you can. I'd recommend going on longish hikes and backpacking when you can as well.
>>
>>29379761
http://www.military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness-requirements/army-basic-training-pft

http://www.army-fitness.com/Male-Bodyfat-Standards.php
>>
How often do the 03xx get deployed to different countries? Would the 03xx be good for someone who wants to travel?
>>
>>29379819
Shitty college experience is part of the reason I'm joining. I went to a university in commiefornia, it was awful. I had to motivation to go to class because everyone was a neoliberal cuck.
>>
>>29379985
If traveling is why you want to serve, go Navy.
>>
>>29379997
No motivation*
I literally watched a girl say out loud that the only race that has ever had a superiority complex were Europeans. Discounting the ottomons, turks, isolationist japan, manchu and Qinq dynasties of china, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>29380019
Ofcourse, neoliberal sjws know nothing of world history, so of course she failed to mention those non white groups that had massive superiority complexes. I mean, isolationist japan literally shut foreigners (Except the Dutch in ONE port) out for centuries.
>>
>>29379997
>>29380019
>>29380039
That was massively off topic. Sorry.
>>
>lose 140lbs to join the military
>down to 5'10 210lbs
>sign my DEP contract, ship the beginning of may
>have lost all motivation to work out, because any noob weightlifting gainz I'm going to make are just going to disappear at gainz autschwitz, and I'm not a fan of cardio

how do I stop being a pussy and get back to the gym?
>>
>>29381053
Accept that you need to be good with running and bodyweight to get into the military, and that you can keep lifting to gain mass if you want after basic. Also you'll be closer to a weight where your gains will actually show after.
>>
File: 1446239000637.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446239000637.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
Let me ask you guys a question, since you'd know more than the majority of /k/ on this topic.

Truthfully, how many of you ran into problems with the M4? Specifically with the rifle jamming. I know the whole "ARs are unreliable" thing still persists, but I've never actually heard it straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.
>>
>>29370724
Talking with my friend it's easier to go f enlisted to reserve than reserve to enlisted but to answer your question yes it should still be added up in your time in
>>
>>29370856
Basic is a joke and everything I've heard about EOD is pretty much if you get hurt you're getting ready classed to another job 90% chance of that being maintenence
>>
>>29371004
Mah 323 man
>>
>>29381163
I've literally never had a properly maintained rifle jam. Even units with shitty armorers, never had a problem. In BCT we had M16A2s, and even then I never had a jam, just FTF. And those rifles were abused harder than anything I've ever seen.
>>
>>29371123
Do it civi side everything about it is better than military aircraft maintenance. Source I'm a usaf crew chief
>>
>>29381253
Good to know. Thanks.
>>
90â„… of your malfunctions with M4 is from few things:

Magazines suckimng or improperly seated and and all 3 O rings on bolt lined up

Of course stuff like overlubing and not lubing at all happen but that's operators fault

I don't remember why manual overrides occur but to fix just smash the buttstock on the ground while pulling down on the charging handle at the same time
>>
Off Topic: What's the story behind the quote on the OP Photo? I have seen it quite a few times but don't get it.
>>
>>29381053
Just go to the fucking gym nigger.
>>
>>29381163
Nigger the AR platform is grade-A. Anybody who says otherwise either purchased an AR manufactured by a shitty company or is an AK platform fangirl.
>>
>>29379776
I know this is very specific but if anyone has any experience I'd be more than happy to hear about it
>>
>>29381871
And I'm not suggesting otherwise you halfwit.
>>
Dumb question but I thought I might as well ask. I've only ever fired rifles and have never used a pistol. I'm going to navy basic where we apparently only shoot pistols and shotguns. Is it worth it to go to a range a few times and practice to try and get a higher grade on pistol shooting or is it entirely inconsequential?
>>
>>29382063

Incons. for the most part. You will look like a fag if you don't qual for a ribbon, and you look cooler with the sharp and expert ones.

Also, you can try a lot more to get higher or just qual at your first command. You need the marksman qual to stand watch on a ship or shore station iirc.
>>
File: 1458287686333.png (83 KB, 401x285) Image search: [Google]
1458287686333.png
83 KB, 401x285
>Mfw stuck in a training command surrounded by people who have less time in the Navy than I have time at sea.

I've found Hell.
>>
>>29381520
>>29381520
I think it has to do with Kennedy being perceived as one of the best and most admirable presidents when in reality the world was falling apart in his hands
>cold war
>Cuban missiles crisis
>bay of pigs
>beginning of Vietnam war
>high profile affairs including Marilyn Monroe
>>
>>29382157

is that you GSM2?
>>
>>29382165
He was certainly the most charismatic. Charismatic presidents are always great to have. Bush was not charismatic, in fact he was kind of a goofball.
>>
>>29382181
He may have been a goofball but he was down to earth and treated the military well. I'd totally have a beer with him.
>>
Chairforce or Marines? Which will let me see my totally loyal gf who totally won't fuck someone when I leave easier?
>>
File: 1396119802323.png (551 KB, 488x565) Image search: [Google]
1396119802323.png
551 KB, 488x565
>>29382167
ETR.
>>
>>29382191
>treated the military well
>invades iraq instead of saudi arabia
wew
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 800x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 800x576
>>29382181
Good thing our next president is charismatic as fuck
>>
>>29382210
>all evidence pointed to Iraq having nuclear weapons
>chemical weapons are weapons of mass destruction
>scud missiles are weapons of mass destruction
>>
>>29382204
Chairforce
>>
>>29382191
>treated our military well
>tried to fulfill the toxic mindset of the US being the world police and got our boys killed in the process foe absolute bumfuck nothing

>>29382217
He's also a fucking childish moron
>>
File: buk 9000.jpg (706 KB, 2600x2000) Image search: [Google]
buk 9000.jpg
706 KB, 2600x2000
>>29382233
>iraq has nukes????? and has a de facto dictator
>same is (actually) true for pakistan
>iraq has chemical weapons that we sold them
you're a retard
>>
>>29381053
How long did it take you? Planning on seeing the recruiter a little bit before October. Currently down to 290 from 315. Trying to get down to 220.
>>
>>29376549
Are you serious?

If you aren't already rucking just give up now.

You should be able to run a <40 minute five mile and ruck a <2:45 hour 12 mile before applying for 18x.
>>
>>29382261
is that a fucking steam roller? they couldn't find something better to pull that thing? not even in a simulation?
>>
>>29382327
i-it's satire anon, are you okay?
>>
>>29382316
Could the same be said for 11x op40
>>
>>29382340
Are you sure it's satire. Have you seen irans supposed drone
>>
>>29382340
or their "sniper video" that was taken from call of duty
>>
>>29382350
yes, it was made by someone in /sg/. are you rusing me or are you just a marine?
>>
>>29382244
Anyone else in the chairforce care to elaborate why this would be a better choice than the marines?
>>
>>29382401
how tall are you?
>>
>>29382415
5 feet 9 incheroonis

Why? Do you need my peepee size too?
>>
>>29382377
this was /sg/?
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-rebuilds-arms-stolen-u-s-spy-drone/
>>
>>29382424
hmmmmm....... yeah you're short enough to join the marines.
>>
>>29382434
>http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-rebuilds-arms-stolen-u-s-spy-drone/
no you fucking mongoloid the image, it was made for satirical purposes, and references several events spun by msm. i don't give a shit about your non sequitur
>>
>>29382436
Lmao fuck you, nigger
>>
>>29370903
Fucking OCPs..
Why can't we go back to the BDUs
>>
>>29382445
if you were taller hey'd make you a terminal lance because manlets take care of their own and are extremely crafty and jealous. you're average enough to not draw their ire
>>
>>29382461
OCP is much better than UCP.
>>
>>29382436
>average height
>short

wut
>>
>>29382871
>below average (5'10") is average
wew
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.