[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-Poaching Squad Update
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: aprangers.jpg (62 KB, 705x300) Image search: [Google]
aprangers.jpg
62 KB, 705x300
As promised, here is the update on the anti-poaching squad/project.

I met with the lawyer this week. Articles of incorporation are being filed.

Board Members have been selected, close family and friends for now with the intent to replace most of them with higher profile people who can assist in bringing in funds.

After getting incorporated, we will file for 501(c)(3) status with the IRS

I had a call this morning with lawyer in South Africa. Planning on registering an NPO in SA. The U.S. based non profit will fund the south african NPO. I have a South African who will technically be the head of that organization until my permanent resident application is approved (I do qualify and expect the application to be approved before the IRS approves the non profit status) , at which time I will become the head of that organization.

I've been in contact with my friend, who is a wildlife crimes detective in the South African Police Services. Our NPO will also be registered as a security company and the detective will become a full time employee once funds are available ($12,000). He will be the main force on the ground, working his LE contacts to get volunteer (ranch owners will make donation to the NPO) ranch ranger positions lined up. The hope is to get 6-10 ranches lined up. Rangers may rotate between ranches as needed.

U.S. based volunteers who wish to do anti-poaching work will need to apply for a South African Volunteer Visa
http://www.southafrica-newyork.net/homeaffairs/charitable.htm
There might be the opportunity for those who wish to come for a shorter program if they want to come on a standard tourist visa.

While the South African NPO can't pay you, the U.S. based 501(c)(3) will fund your travel, expenses, and provide a stipend while you're on the ground in South Africa. I expect the tour of duty to last at least 4 months and up to 3 years if willing.
>>
I fully plan to get those who are willing to come for a year or more the FGASA level one certification. This would allow you to do some extra work on a ranch, as a game guide, and earn some nice tip money. I'm still working on getting a FGASA instructor to come to our location for the two week practical.

As for raising funds. Kickstarter does not allow charitable projects. GoFundMe and indiegogo do allow fundraising. I have a lot of video I've shot and the SA cop has lots of case photos and video we can use. Now we just have to lay out the video and hire a narrator and editor. We can start raising funds after we get non-profit status. I'm also working with a web designer/ecommerce guy to set up a mission website complete with an online store and donation method.

Okay, I think that's about it for now.
>>
Original discussion is located here:

https://desustorage.org/k/thread/29282787/
>>
He actually did it, the absolute madman!
>>
>>29359173
Well, I am willing to go. I can do year stints with a 6 month break between stints. My wife fully supports it.
>>
>>29359333
Who's going to take care of your wife's son while you're gone?
>>
>>29359347
Joaquan Comptonia can
>>
>>29359173
Damn, someone on /k/ actually got shit done for once. I'd join up, but I have no practical experience in this field.
>>
>>29359615
Everyone brings something to the table. You're probably an expert in something that's going to be of value in the field. We do have a highly experienced SAPS detective who has been involved in anti-poaching investigation who will be leading the activities on the ground and will be training the volunteers.

If we need to, we can bring on other detectives from the same unit. It's not like SAPS cops are paid a ton of money. So it's pretty easy to get them on an as needed basis - especially if we're fundraising in dollars and euros and spending them as Rands.
>>
can someone give a TL;DR summary of what is going on here
>>
>>29359173
Hmmm. Well, now I have a backup if I can't get an internship this summer.
How long would we be volunteering for?
>>
This still blows my mind and i'd still love to be part of it. You totally want a crazy chef, emt, survivalist, weapon expert(non-combat) bastard around. I know you do.
>>
>>29359737
I regularly go to South Africa
Poachers are killing Rhinos and Elephants
I'm forming a non-profit (US and SA) to combat poaching
There will low paid opportunities for /k/ommandos to do anti-poaching work on private ranches and game lodges in South Africa.
The Rand is weak now, so just $30,000 will fund a team for a year. If we raise more, there will be more /k/ommandos who can come help save the last of the big mammals.

>>29359770
I'm thinking it would be a 4 month minimum commitment.
>>
>>29359173
im guessing you have to have some LE/mil experience to even attempt signing up?
>>
>>29359820
I wouldn't say that is a must. Someone who has a biology or zoology background is of high value. Hell, someone who grew up in the sticks of West Virginia hunting for dinner would be of great value.

Many of the current anti-poaching units are made up of guys who can't read and live off about $300/USD per month.
>>
>>29359853
what about somebody who knows cats so well he's preformed minor surgery on the wild ones before?

I had to remove a tumor once.
>>
>>29359853
>mfw my herpetology professor offered an 8,000$ trip to visit the South African preserves and I turned it down

Johnny, I fucked up
>>
>>29359868
That actually kind of scares me a bit.

There is still a long way to go in this process and I have to deal with a Foreign Government that has been called the most corrupt on the continent.
>>
>>29359853
I'm guessing a minor in green engineering and innawoods experience don't count for much?
>>
>>29359879
>herpetology
The Fynbos biome is so full of life and diversity. You should have went. You could have made an entire career by studying the the cape mountain area.

>>29359897
Of course they count. Power, water, and sanitation are always issues in a place like South Africa.
>>
>>29359886
Oh, now it scares you to know people who can survive perfectly well + go above and beyond on 300 dollars and the ability to read scares you?

I just want to be of use.
>>
>>29359728
>expert in something that's going to be of value
I highly doubt that, I'm in uni right now and besides doing quite a bit of camping with the Boy Scouts and with friends, I have no experience of the wildlife/fauna of South Africa. Me expressing a desire to join up was wistful thinking on my part.
>>
>>29359173

What's the situation if you're not a US/SA citizen? I'm in Europe and this is something I'd be interested in, but of course I can't procure firearms where I am, or get trained etc.

I have lots of experience innawoods - I'm also a mountain leader and have done some work with firearms overseas but not this sort of affair.
>>
>>29359951
>http://www.southafrica-newyork.net/homeaffairs/charitable.htm
There are lots of brits and germans in SA on this visa class.

http://www.southafrica-newyork.net/homeaffairs/charitable.htm
>>
>>29359908
go camping occasionally on the weekends and regularly shoot at a max distance of only 25 yards.
im also a college dropout with no real education but i can crack some funny off-color jokes.

hows that?
>>
>>29359853
Current wildlife student in the states right now. Any idea on how long this program might last? Not missing school to join up but maybe 3 years or so down the road.
>>
>>29359968
as far as weapons go, I assume we'll pick up some 4th hand FALs or Kalashnikovs once you arrive but you would bring your own gear?
>>
>>29359968
will we have internet access there? i cant go for more than a day without my fix
>>
>>29359173
i've never heard of this AP Squad.
so you guys go to africa or something and defend the animals?
sounds pretty cool, I'd like some more info.
I can't provide physical support due to my shit-tier genetics, but I could help spread the cause and maybe get you guys some extra funding.
>>
>>29359173
i can provide fresh boipussy for team stress relief
>>
File: 1450136989711.gif (1 MB, 499x654) Image search: [Google]
1450136989711.gif
1 MB, 499x654
IS THIS FUCKING REAL
>>
>>29360031
Yeah, there is great 3g/4g coverage in SA.

>>29360003
Gear will be acquired in country. While importing is not a problem, it is on a volunteer visa when you don't have a hunting lodge booked.

>>29360113
As real as bacon.

>>29359996
It will last as long as we can keep funding going. Lucky for us that dollars, pounds, and euros spend well in SA right now. Using a vigorous social media campaign and a constant flow of photos and video via instagram and youtube, we should be able to raise a few thousand dollars a month to keep the operation going. Oh, and there's indiegogo and gofundme too.
>>
>>29359728
How useful would a medic be?
>>
>>29360148

So what about an infrastructure team?

I'm assuming this would need a team of people to maintain legal/logistical/financial affairs full time, as well as maintain this social media presence that's going to rake in the Bucks.

This then needs a location, equipment etc.

Then you need to look at training and transport - 4x4s? Quad bikes? Motorbikes? Are you going to get accredited training or just 'have at it?'

Might it be sensible, from a legal point for the non-profit to own any firearms that are used by the 'operators' (for want of a better term right now) which remain in-country independent of people rotating in and out. Simplifies your legal and logistical chains if you standardise what everyone is carrying and firing.
>>
>>29360167
>How useful would a Medic be around guns and people willing to kill

Pretty fucking useful
>>
For those asking if their skills are in demand, there isn't really an easy answer to that. There will be an application process to come to SA. It will go as follows

1. SA residents and those with an SA work permit will make it on to consideration.

2. Those who have gotten a volunteer visa will make it on to consideration.

3. If you meet condition 1 or 2 and are willing to commit to 12 or more months, you'll move to the top of the list

3. Those who have been deployed (military) to Africa will move to the top of the list

4. Those who have military recon, intel, or scout experience are almost certain to be picked.

So there is no ideal person. People who have a passion to save big animal, aren't afraid of the wild, are willing to work long hours for low pay, and don't mind missing 5 or 6 showers a week are the kind of people we'll need. It's more about attitude, desire, motivation.
>>
>>29360148

Also, vetting - this is 4chan. How are you going to ensure the dude you're letting loose on the Savannah with a FAL and Hi Power isn't a furry with a rape fetish that is going to bring the whole thing crashing down?

I don't mean to put a downer, but this is shit that must be thought of.
>>
>>29360192
Many of those things can be managed stateside, but, yes, will need office people there too. I expect that we'll hire a good number of unskilled locals to assist with those duties and it will very much be an on the job training program for people who would otherwise have a life of collecting beer cans and selling prickly pears along the side of the highway.
>>
>>29360217
we've had several successful nuggetfests where nobody did anything that insane. reality is that we are all "fine" people
>>
>>29360217
Well, I have 17 years in law enforcement. Running background checks is and doing a threat analysis is something I do on a regular basis.

If anyone thinks they are going to come there to do illegal shit, they should learn about a justice system that does not have a jury and a judge that was appointed by the ANC. You know how much the ANC loves white people.
>>
>>29360227
>we've had several successful nuggetfests where nobody did anything that insane. reality is that we are all "fine" people

You also had the dude that served cum brownies.
>>
>>29360064
if this guys going, im going.
>>
>>29360273
It was later proven to be a photoshop.
>>
>>29359173
I'm a bartender and I speak Polish is that useful?
>>
File: 1441992884878.jpg (128 KB, 820x960) Image search: [Google]
1441992884878.jpg
128 KB, 820x960
>>29359173
You know, I don't know exactly what you're looking for but I'm an actor and I'd love to do narration for you if you'd like to keep it /k/. Even an office job if you want, but I sadly can't pick up and go to SA.

Awesome idea and awesome work, though.
>>
>>29360310
only if you bring alcohol.
I can't go with you and help you since shit-tier genetics mean that i will most likely die, but can I do anything from the states to help?
fundraising, spreading word, shit like that.
this is a really noble cause and I wish you all the best of luck.
>>
>>29359801
I have no experience in shit other than shooting and some hunting(3 years)
I'm only 21, can I come as an apprentice/bitchwork guy for a while until you let me shoot poachers with y'all?
>>
How about people that take prescription meds? Will healthcare be covered (psychiatric of course)
>>
>>29360344
Alcohol is really cheap there. And there is this thing called a shebeen.
>>
>>29360276
If that's what you need to tell yourself
>>
>>29360310
I speak Russian and make alcohol
>>
>>29360366
Nah, saw it in a screencap. Dude admitted being photoshopped
>>
tfw you've not got much to offer other than an interest in herpetology, experience as a teacher of English as a foreign language and a smattering of spanish. Maybe one day I can be a /k/omando
>>
>>29360386
You can still join you know?>>29360207
>>
>>29359173
you are doing a good thing OP i respect that
>>
I hope you don't mind if I sign up and then kill you while you're sleeping.
>>
>>29360368
want to be friends :3
>>
>>29360253

I'm extremely glad you have such a handle on this.

I've seen other charitable efforts in Africa go tits up because of one volunteers actions, which lost them their charity status and all their funding.

On a side note, how organised will this be? Are we talking formal structure with a uniform, chain of command/responsibility and professionalism or a throw-it-together-and-see-what-sticks approach to begin with?
>>
>>29359173
> just want to oper8 with guns
>authority probelms, cant do mil or police
>see this
>tfw 19yrs old with no real education or experience

JUST
>>
Can non US based people do this i.e Australians ex Infantry?
>>
>>29360391
Fair point man. Granted I'm on contract with a language academy for another 2 years. Maybe in the future. I'm only 21 too so it's not like I'm swarming with commitments.
>>
>>29360417
No, it will be a professional operation. The ground operation will be lead by a former SA soldier who is now an SA Cop.

>>29360405
Statistically, I am halfway through life. If you're going to go to jail for a murder, you should kill someone younger and get the most bang for your buck.

>>29360432
Yes
>>
Why's this shit gotta happen before I ETS?
>>
>>29360432

See >>29359968 commonwealth should/may make it easier too, but that depends how happy they are feeling that day I reckon.
>>
>>29360463
Thank you
>>
File: keep.jpg (68 KB, 575x1024) Image search: [Google]
keep.jpg
68 KB, 575x1024
>>29359173
>>
>>29360412
Do let's
>>
>>29360448

I will be keeping very close tabs on this thread. If a couple of things don't go my way in the coming months I could possibly be very interested in getting involved, be it administratively or in the field.

I'd give a breakdown of my relevant skills but I'll keep them to myself for now.
>>
Can I shoot occasional stray nigger? Nobody needs to know and it won't be missed probably
>>
>>29360571

Aaaand here's what I was talking about.

No. This is a good thing being set up for good aims and causes by good people. Don't shit on it you fucking nonce.
>>
>>29360571
No, you can't. They will be missed by the family they support.
>>
>>29360604
Since my contract means I can't go anytime soon this now gives me a goal for something to get ready for.

Worst case scenario you guys don't take me on and I'll still have improved myself.

Godspeed anon.
>>
>>29360598
Relax bro did you really expect SA discussion to go without mentioning niggers? I wish you all good luck because SA is no walk in the park, ive been there few times on business and I have no desire to go back except maybe to pay homage to deon dreyer and the bushmans hole.
Whoever ends up going there, stay safe.
>>
>>29359853
Sticks of Virginia you say?

Alright, how does the following sound:
Born and raised in south Texas, worked on the family ranch so I'm used to dealing with large herd animals in brutally hot weather. Rhinos and elephants are a bit out of my league, but wildebeest and zebras are well within the scope of/similar to what I've dealt with.

In addition, I've spent two summers in the Amish country of Pennsylvania as part of a program working on a green farm. Learned a bunch about sustainable farming, did a shit ton of manual labor, slept in a tent, and became an expert at composting my own shit.
I'm a damn good shot, I can do hard physical work, I'm 24, and I'm in good shape.
Besides all this, I also have a degree in media production and am an experienced cameraman and editor, so if you need to produce photos and videos for social media/fundraising, I'm your guy.

What do you think, would I be of use? Dissatisfied with my current job and I'm floating ideas for the future
>>
if this actually happens would you mind a journalist tagging a long for a few days?
>>
>>29359853
shit i'm a Botanist and mycologist, i'd love to help you guys. will i be expected to supply myself? how would moving guns into south africa work?
>>
>>29360253
Were you a fed?
>>
>>29360703
No, not a fed. Not really even very fond of the feds I've dealt with.
>>
>>29360713
Awww.

I was hoping you were one of the few fed LEOs who are part of a secret gun worshipping cultist and daydreams about removing dindu inna Rhodesia.
>>
Hi OP can I volunteer?

Have funds/will travel. Just quit my job butchering sheep so I could do something like this.
>>
>>29360756
No not at all. I love South Africa and it's horrible what is happening to rhinos. One day they will be poached to extinction if more isn't done.
>>
Cozy as all Hell living and dying without ever leaving Freedomland, but I'll contribute financially when I can to keep you guys oper8ing.
>>
>>29360783
Hey man it's >>29360446

I understand you've got swarms of /k/ommandos asking you everything under the sun but will you be setting up a website for this or is the only way I can get info by dropping in from /out/ and /asp/ more?
>>
>>29359173
Are Animal Lovers welcome? I wanna save me some fucking Rhinos.
>>
>>29360869
you can apply but you'll be more likely to be picked if you have Survival experience, Military Experience, or Biology experience. i am Certain you have a skill you can donate but your skill to donate might not be shooting things.
>>
>>29360861
they are working on a website right now, not really much to do till the non-profit paperwork goes through.
>>
>>29360861
I will, once more things become official. There is still a lot to do and foreign govt to deal with.
>>
File: 1449459466893.jpg (116 KB, 798x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449459466893.jpg
116 KB, 798x1024
>>29359173
How many dinosaurs will we get to see?
>>
>>29360783
>>29360888
can i help jack the rhinos off in the field
>>
>>29360919
we have enough furries thank you.
>>
File: 1455563819652.jpg (875 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455563819652.jpg
875 KB, 1800x1200
>>29360908
More than you will ever believe.
>>
>>29359173
keep updating us broski
>>
i'll do it but only if i get to shoot rhinos elephants and niggers. poaching is awesome dude thanks for doing this!
>>
>>29360908
Many
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO2oSdxB9zqASxLkgBh7cO1yheTd-dUmC_tQErejcnO7BOVWQ2a0rTX_mZ1dIB_ag?key=eWNheGtPWFYxN2U1MGJFYU9paEplRGx3bF9lYmpB
>>
>>29360906
Fantastic, much appreciated.
>>
>Mfw im Ex-Military Police and Private Security

Oh yes, oh yes yes yes
>>
I'm if I can rock my silkies.
>>
>>29361150
Promise to wear something over them?
>>
are you accepting women? wifie is interested and had a bloodlust for rapists and poachers.
>>
>>29360965
Have an email? I have questions that I'm sure you can simply copy and paste.
>>
>>29361262
Does she like riding a cock carousel?
>>
>>29361262
All are welcome.
>>
>>29361262
>Wife hates rapists
>I'll take her to Africa!
,':^)
>>
File: 152tntracker.jpg (96 KB, 450x768) Image search: [Google]
152tntracker.jpg
96 KB, 450x768
>>29361230 I think we can work something out.
>>
>>29360253
Do blacks in SA get away with raping white people?

Also can we bring our guns or can we buy them there?

Also what percentage of people in this field are killed by poachers?
>>
File: 1457208591826.jpg (35 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1457208591826.jpg
35 KB, 800x533
>>29361282
i wish, been trying to get her to get into the groupsex thing but she isn't into it.

>>29361283
dankeshen Herr Kompaniechef

>>29361297
and batman should just move to a low crime area.
>>
>>29361283
What is pay, what is likely work schedule, what is covered expenses, how harassing are you on down time?

I'm interested, although I won't be ready to mobilize for two months and might be over qualified.
>>
>>29359173
Is there any way to expand the protection operations into Rhod..... erhm I mean the rue Zimbabwe?
>>
>>29361367
only if Mugabe says we can, which isn't likely.
>>
>>29361337
Fact: there is no such thing as overqualified for voluntary work.

details will be released once the Non-profit paperwork has been filed in the US, website gets up, and the NPO gets squared away.
>>
>>29359173
So how is this not going to fail like so many ideas like this, or alternatively become a complete sausage fest, or have someone sperg out and shoot everyone.

If there is a gurantee of no gay raping and no sperging out and killing each other then sign me up, i live in a no guns country anyway
>>
>>29359173
I would join up but my country has forbidden any military/paramilitary activity outside of its own army. Guess ch mercs op plz nerf.
>>
>>29359173
So will you gather intelligence about suspected poachers through le contacts, find them and just waste them? Or catch them out in the act of attempting to poach animals?
>>
I can't imagine how well an armed squad of racist weeaboos in the middle of Africa will go
>>
sounds interesting.
can't say I would go out in the first group but after seeing if it goes well you bet I'd be over there.
>>
>>29361460
Whats wrong with being racist?
>>
>>29361460
Better than non-racists who are in for a fucking culture shock. Now shut the fuck up and contribute.
>>
>>29361474
the South Africans tend to not like it
>>
>>29361474
immediately assuming someone else is inferior to you/assuming they have a skill can put you in danger.

not to mention, people don't like being looked down apon.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 650x650
>>29361460
>le /k/ is white supremacist may may
>>
Africa can fuck itself. They'll never do anything of value unless Chinese people do it.
>>
I never knew /k/ cared so much about endangered animals.
>>
File: 1450088771446.jpg (679 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1450088771446.jpg
679 KB, 1000x667
>>29361495
Sure they don't.
>>
File: k a magical place.png (26 KB, 617x253) Image search: [Google]
k a magical place.png
26 KB, 617x253
>>29361514
>>29361501
could not have been timed better.
>>
>>29361389
No guarantees lad. If you go to Africa, you should be prepared to die.
>>
>>29361389
As for it being a sausagefest, I can't make any promises. This is more than just a shoot and getting drunk in the woods. It's not for everyone nor will everyone get there. I expect to be able to bring fewer than a dozen people there the first year. I don't doubt that I will get hundreds, not just from /k/, who are qualified, willing, and able to go on the mission in country.

>>29361447
Intel, yes. Murder, No! Here's a protip: poachers will pose as a couple on a vacation and spend a week at a lodge on game drives to scout the land from the ground, scout security measures, and locate animals. Yes, poachers are the scum of the earth.

>>29361388
Correct, there is no such thing as overqualified.

>>29361367
Probably not.

>>29361337
Pay is like a few hundred dollars a month. Housing, meals, and basics are provided. A few hundred a month goes very far in South Africa. You can expect to work 55-60 hours per week. Day, night, heat, rain, dust and high winds. It's not a luxury vacation.

>>29361316
In some ways they do get away with it.
>>
>>29361525
Why shouldnt we? They are being killed in a full scale war, but dont have the ability to fight back.
Where there is war, there is the /k/ube. Where there is the /k/ube there are its followers.
>>
>>29361525
you should see it when we have a dog thread. we have YUGE animal lovers on this board.
>>
File: fake brownies.png (241 KB, 974x688) Image search: [Google]
fake brownies.png
241 KB, 974x688
>>29360273
>>29360276
>>29360366
>>29360382
The brownie story was a clever ruse.
>>
File: -.jpg (126 KB, 650x240) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
126 KB, 650x240
>>29361525
REMOVE POACHERS
>>
>>29361548
He has a point though, so far Africa has been in a state of constant corruption and covil war while failing to preserve their native exotic animals and territories.
>>
>>29361552
Fucj the Rinos. Why dont we overthrow the ANC who are genociding whites and fucking up the lives of Africans.

Most Africans admit life was better under Apartheid when whites ruled.

Lets kill the corrupt niggers how hard can it be?
>>
>>29361618
/pol/-san, calm down
>>
>>29361608
The poaching is fueled by asian demand and funded by asian gangs and diplomats.

>>29361618
Give it time, the ANC is fracturing while the DA is getting stronger. It won't be long before the DA is in charge in SA.
>>
Ausfag hasguns and has extensive experience in the scrub and outback. Also have a university degree in history. Can I come?
>>
>>29361636
Why should anyone trust you? We already know you were SAO, Constable and Bridgeguy. You have a history of shitposting as well as being known for being a Pennsylvania cop that detests civilian ownership of firearms, how do we know this isn't setup?
>>
File: giphy.gif (499 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
499 KB, 500x246
>>29361654
dear sir, do you have proof of these accusations?
>>
>>29361552
I am very interested volunteering for this.
>24yo able bodied - 300/300 PFT score
>CPR/First Aid certified
>Driver's license/legal record clean
>Bachelors degree; Criminal Justice

I really feel I could benefit the operation.

Couple of introductory questions:

Will we have to arm/equip ourselves?
I possess both a rifle and handgun (AR 15, assorted 9mms) with magazines for each. is it even possible to transport them to South Africa from the USA?

How should we prepare for this?

How can we follow up with you?

Thanks and good luck
>>
Mandatory viewing for the consideration of potential travelers:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xycnjl_law-and-disorder-in-johannesburg_lifestyle
>>
>>29361670
Nope

>>29361654
Don't, I don't care. You darn well know I have a history of spending lots of time in Africa and I'm at a point in life where I have a chance to do something that I'm really passionate about. You should stay in your basement, stay mad at the world, and shit post.

This is three years in the making.

If we need someone to shit on something, I'll call you. That's your field of expertise and the only value you bring to anything.
>>
File: IMG_0334.jpg (936 KB, 1856x1392) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0334.jpg
936 KB, 1856x1392
>>29361683
Yeah, I'm >>29361644
I really want in on this. I've got extensive animal and bush experience in the Australian Outback. I can ride horses, got a drivers and shooters licence. I have a degree in Arts - History and I can also do any basic admin work on the side as well.

P L E A S E R E S P O N D
>>
VAfag hasguns 21 year old currently trying to become an LEO welcome in this party? Regular brush camper and I used to hunt regular. Trained in first aid too.
>>
>>29361684

You can make the same video about any major city anywhere in the world. SA is not as dangerous as some people will make it out to be.
>>
>>29361731
>>29361684
not to be nit picky, but we aren't going to be spending much time in the cities.
>>
>>29361747
You're right, we won't be within 800 miles of Joburg. We'll be in the eastern cape, around Port Elizabeth.
>>
>/k/ goes legal operating as an NGO

I'm so hard right now.

God speed anons. If I didn't have a stable job I'd be totally willing to join up.
>>
>>29361767
W H A T A B O U T M E : >>29361713
>>
>>29361525
>I never knew /k/ cared so much about endangered animals.
Most of these shits probably just want an excuse to fly to another country and shoot black people.

But what the fuck ever, I'll take it.
>>
File: JohnnyIShootStuff the cop.png (44 KB, 1188x500) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyIShootStuff the cop.png
44 KB, 1188x500
>>29361670
Yes, he outright admitted it.

>pic related

>>29361711
That's really ironic considering how massively upset you got when you were asked not to make a video documentary at NuggetFest. You were welcome to come but you got so horribly offended you were asked not to bring a camera and interview people because everyone in the threads said that made them uncomfortable, and instead you flipped the fuck out and cried about it.

I wouldn't trust you to lead a bake sale, let a lone an African Safari against poachers.
>>
Where would I apply? Besides the website for a visa?
> 23 y/o in and out studying in school/ going to technical school for welding and housing (part time gm contractor for windows, sides, floors, and roofs, etc..), also been doing armed/unarmed security since 18.
>>
>>29361787
bro, shut the fuck up and wait for an application like the rest of us.
>>
>>29359179
I may have a brother who could do editing for you. Best way to reach you?
>>
>>29361796
Good for you, you can go to bed angry again tonight. I really feel for people like you, you know, the ones that constantly wake up bitter, full of hate, and controlled by rage.

Maybe one day you'll try a different path in life and find some sort of peace in your soul, a purpose to life, or leave a positive legacy that has left a small part of the world in a better place due to your actions.

So, I'm done with you now. If you want to keep shitposting, that's on you. If that's life's path for you right now, then that's the path you have to walk.
>>
i'll defend you when you accidentally shoot unarmed niggers looking for food
> class of 2016 law school
>>
>>29359173
23 single male, bout to get out of army, 11b-1p, where do i sign up?
>>
>>29359728
Dammit, the one thing I'm good at and am qualified for is maritime work. I'm going to be REALLY useful in the middle of the bush. If you can think of something useful, I'll try and get myself qualified for it by the time this rolls around.
>>
File: rhodesianfeel.jpg (202 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
rhodesianfeel.jpg
202 KB, 680x750
>>29359173
Do I have to be super operator already to do this?

I tried looking at stuff like this before and found a South African company that provided weapons and training, but only to south africans. Foreigners were free to tag along but they were not payed and were not allowed to carry weapons.
>>
>>29361873
prison or walmart desu senpai
>>
>>29361847
I'll update again in a week or a few weeks. Here are the key milestone

>Getting 501(c)(3) status
>Getting NPO status in South Africa

Once those two things happen, then much more can happen and the key item can happen - fund raising

>>29361870
Don't be mistaken, this isn't a shoot first operation.

>>29361879
Look up abalone poaching
>>
>>29359886
If they're corrupt, bribe them, right?
>>
File: an anon killing a deer.png (1 MB, 670x848) Image search: [Google]
an anon killing a deer.png
1 MB, 670x848
>>29359853
>>29359173
Country fag from Texas reporting in. This actually sounds like something i'm interested in. How else should I go about signing up? I'm checking into the visa situation now. I've never had a passport either, I know I need to get one.
>>
>>29359801
Would you take current/former infantry?
>>
>>29361901
>Isn't a shoot first operation
But weren't they suppose to shoot on sight at anybody with a firearm? Or am I mistaking Kenya?
>>
So... I can carry a gun?
>>
>>29361935
no we only take current or former INFORMER because this is a shill operation
>>
>>29361944
Maybe in Virunga or Gorongosa there are shoot on sight order, but, that's not how it works in SA.
>>
I fired an air rifle on one occasion. I've been innawoods but not, like, hardcore survival innawoods.

What skills can I build over the next few years while living in NJ/NYC on a student budget that might make me slightly more qualified for this sort of thing?
>>
File: JohnnyIShootStuff super salty.png (128 KB, 1616x1192) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyIShootStuff super salty.png
128 KB, 1616x1192
>>29361862
Dude, you know how big of a shit poster you are and you are far more angry than I am. Remember that time you were shit talking NuggetFest and got BTFO so hard in the comment section of that blog that the chat Admin deleted your comments because you were making violent threats against everyone?
>>
do you have a name?
>>
>>29362006
You mean the same way I prune all my disqus comments after a month? You should find the ones where I say that "hillary clinton deleted this comment." That's a fun one, get's a lot of upvotes. Seems the nuggestfest boys are a bit angry tonight. Angry, angry, angry....
>>
>>29362006
It's cool that you have such an obsession with me that you're screencapping any place my name appears.
>>
>"helping" Africa outside of direct control
Been there done that. You know, for the last eight generations.
Enjoy your hopelessly corrupt everything. I know I did.
>>
>>29362073
It's not a matter of personal like or dislike, it's a matter of helping /k/ommandos avoid a honeypot. You were damn happy to accuse NuggetFest of being an ATF honeypot when you got your feelings hurt for being asked not to make your little documentary, what's wrong with being sure that an actual Pennsylvania Law Enforcement Officer like yourself isn't up to no good?
>>
File: 537402[1].jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
537402[1].jpg
40 KB, 500x500
Johnny, god damn it, you'd BETTER take this opportunity to call the ground unit the Diamond Dogs.
>>
I take a lot of firearms/medical courses. What would I be paid?
>>
>>29362040
Gregg Davis
>>
>>29362206
I wish I had a name
>>
>>29362191
how about you read the fucking thread
>>
>>29362206
the group, does the group have a name?
>>
>>29359801
When I get home from the war in Middle East I will try and join
Is there an email I can have for when that day comes?
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 767x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 767x600
What firearms would be best suited against poachers?
20in battle rifles or intermediate carbines?
Or just a good shut gun?
And also should we bring a weapon capable of taking down big game in case we get rushed?

And can I wear tiger stripe so I can pretend to LRRP?
>>
>>29362244

My bad, CTRL+F'd everything.
>>
>>29362312
I'd personally want a battle rifle like in >>29360908 and >>29360938 to double as protection from the less friendly wildlife we're not trying to save.
>>
File: image.jpg (421 KB, 1461x845) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
421 KB, 1461x845
>>29362312
Or would I be better off wearing chocolate chip?
What's the environment like OP?
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 800x526
>>29362360
I'd really love to carry an M16A1 styled AR-15 for muh velocity but mostly as cool factor, but I know it'll be impractical as hell
>>
>>29362368
> South African anti poaching

Depends on where in SA, many parts of country are green
I would go Multicam desu senpai
>>
File: 485.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
485.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
If only I had more cash on hand... how would we get supplies? Shipped from US? Then what about the firearms? Do they sell to tourists/volunteers?
Data analyst here, no LE/MIL experience but I have a general shortwave licence and can shoot 2" groups at 300 yards with a C93 and run a 7 min mile.

How heavily armed are the poachers? How aggressive? What are the rules of engagement if we do catch them in the act? Would love any maps or names of areas/cities too, just so I can get an idea of the terrain.

If it's real cool project, I hope it can do some good, if anything from Africa Addido was real someone should stop it.
https://youtu.be/NHnF85dww3M?t=2364
>>
>>29362425
Time link didn't work, the fun starts at 39:24
>>
>>29359173
Who are you all needing?

This is a dream but I highly doubt you would have a use for someone like me. Journalism major and photographer with basic to moderate marksmanship training. Last time I was in the wild was for a week inna desert as a kid. Haven't gone camping in years due to college and lack of employment.

I got the time and eagerness, I just don't see y'all needing a mass comm college grad.
>>
>>29359853
I'm a Canadian with a molecular biology degree. Can I join?
>>
File: IMG.jpg (30 KB, 249x502) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
30 KB, 249x502
>>29362312
i'd love to run around and pretend to be Legionare at Kolwezi
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 553x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 553x375
>>29362424
>green
awwwwwwww shiiiiiiiieeeet nigga
Tiger stripe then
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 736x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 736x525
Actually how would South Africans react if they saw a bunch of people in Rhodesian Camouflage?
>>29362561
I hope you have some damn fine legs anon
>>
>>29362312
>>29362368
>>29362424
rhodie or nothing senpai
>>
>>29360217
You must be talking about the /b/ part of 4chan, mate.
>>
>>29362760
>>29362884

Sounds like a really bad (and disrespectful) idea.
>>
File: scouttrooper2[1].jpg (38 KB, 425x717) Image search: [Google]
scouttrooper2[1].jpg
38 KB, 425x717
If the required uniform isn't Rhodesian I'm going to be upset.
>>
>>29360253
I'm looking at law enforcement as a career in the future. I'm currently in the process of starting my own business, but that can really be put on hold because I'm in no rush to get it started, still in the development stage. That being said, do you think this is something that looks good on a resume when I apply for law enforcement?

I have some field experience and am a disaster response member with the Red Cross, but otherwise the only real experience I have is as a cook.

Worth a shot to try and apply, or would this be a waste of my time?

I'm otherwise relatively educated and just kinda looking for a reason to travel before the wife and I have a kid.
>>
>>29362926
it'll look great on your resume, employers go gaga over dedication and volunteer work. and sense your getting into a security industry you'll already have experience.
>>
>>29362926
>>29363005
Just be careful, this Johnny guy seems really shady. I'd wait and let the first group go out. Wait and make sure it's not some sort of setup, considering Johnny's past.
>>
>>29363089
I'm >>29362926
If he proves he's LEO, and he intentionally fucked me over, I could ruin his career.

He seems like he's putting work in. I'd like to see some proof that everything is set up, but if I felt like it were sketchy it's easy for me to just not go.

The issue is whether I'd be able to provide for the unit, and if we'd have the capacity to get the job done correctly. Not much else really matters.
>>
>>29359173
You could have just saved all that time by calling up Mugabe and his buddies and telling him that all the poachers are white.
You might have had to pay for gasoline and tires, but the desired effect would have been achieved.
>>
I feel like I need to get into a job like this. I don't want to join the military and clean rocks for four years, but I would not mind doing some kind of security job.
>>
File: Commisar_Ciaphas_Cain.jpg (458 KB, 883x1169) Image search: [Google]
Commisar_Ciaphas_Cain.jpg
458 KB, 883x1169
>>29363089
>>29363130
its honestly just tripfag drama. seeing if its a legit NPO in SA and the US is easily verifiable, it'd be a pretty dedicated troll to just fuck with /k/ommandos
>>
>>29363130
>>29363196
I could be wrong about all this, he might be legit this time. I just don't like that he's threatened /k/ommandos at /k/ meetups in the past and he gets very hostile when he's upset.
>>
>>29360421
>want to oer8
>has problems with authority

Well there's your problem!

>>29360448
I'd offer what expertise I do have but not much of it is useful in the SA bush...

Plus I really really really don't have any interest in going to SA or being part of a group that's ABSOLUTELY going to be branded as a paramilitary terrorist organization made up by 4chan looking to shoot poor little black children on their way to school on the other side of the Wildlife park who waz just carryin dat al-47 of protection from duh lions n shiet.

That being said I look forwards to you faggots making the news. You should hire Blackpowderranger when he gets out of Prison. He has some experience in this field.
>>
>>29363288
you got a point, especially with this guy running the show, he's Constable

sounds like a setup
>>
>>29360432
If anything this sounds more pleasant than RCB
>>
>>29363220
>threatened /k/ommandos at /k/ meetups
>gets very hostile when he's upset

I don't follow trip drama or meetups. Can you expand on this at all?
>>
Holy shit this is actually happening

three questions

1) what kind of experience would you guys want?

2) what time frame for deployments are we looking at?

3) would you need a pilot for anything? (im assuming no, but I figured I'd ask)
>>
>>29363331
ctr+f this info bro

> what kind of experience would you guys want?

military get top priority, Zoologists and Biologists with combat experince get second, survivalists and hunters get third, enthusiasts get last. people who can't meet the qualifications to get a volunteer visa won't be considered.

> what time frame for deployments are we looking at?

unkown at the present time, we need to see how the NPO paperwork fills out.

>would you need a pilot for anything?

maybe, apply anyway cause they might need one.
>>
File: JohnnyIshootStuff pissed again.png (40 KB, 910x420) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyIshootStuff pissed again.png
40 KB, 910x420
>>29363323
He got pissed that NuggetFest asked him not to make one his youtube videos there since the idea of some random cop wanting to make a documentary sounded a little shady. He immediately got pissed. Like took personal offence, even though he was still welcome to come as long as he didn't do interviews like he wanted.

Later on he threatened to call the local cops on NuggetFest and lie saying there were undocumented NFA items and shit like that. Which is a blatant lie, there have been Full autos and NFA items at NuggetFest but they were all their Tax Stamps and paperwork.

That's why I don't trust this guy, he's short tempered and gets petty real fast. Not someone I'd want in charge of an event overseas, heck not someone I'd want in charge here in the states.

Unfortunately all of his comments were deleted for violating the TOS of the chat for threatening people. But you can kind of get the jist of it from the people replying to him.
>>
>>29363360
Yeah I'm an idiot, I did afterwards and found all the answers

>in case anyone wants to know

>experience:
anywhere from LEO/infantry to someone who grew up in the sticks in virginia "everyone has something to offer, apply"

>time frame for deployments
roughly 4-6 months
>>
>>29361525
We're not exactly die hard supporters of it, but our wife /an/ is, so we might as well be.
>>
>>29359173
not really much K related experience but would you have use for an EMT?
>>
>>29363519
>>29360197
>>
>>29363385
>Later on he threatened to call the local cops on NuggetFest and lie saying there were undocumented NFA items and shit like that.

Do you have a cap of that? Not doubting you, would just like to have it.
>>
>>29363498
agreed, honestly if anyone was in charge I'd be on board
>>
>>29363567
Here >>29363385 and >>29362006
But like I said, his threats violated the Terms of Service for Disqus (the chat engine) so they were deleted. Wish I had a screen cap of it before hand.
>>
>>29359173
will I get to carry a rifle and drive a topless jeep?
>>
>>29359173
hey you should probably put a fair warning to everyone, i am Indian and my uncle does anti poaching stuff in north India, poachers are no Joke, those niggas are like a mafia, my Uncle had to go into hiding many times. the danger goes far beyond just going on patrols, you could easily get a hit put on your head. In India at least they were also very well equipped, Kalashnikovs, night vision, body armor ext.
>>
>>29363604
If any post in this thread is logical its this one.

These aren't stupid fucking nignogs these are real people who don't actually want to die. They want to make money and they are doing it their ways. They've also been doing their thing longer than any of us have been doing ours.

While yes I would love to be part of this whole shindig I don't exactly want to die either.
>>
File: Sadpepe.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Sadpepe.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>29359173
>tfw I have no skills whatsoever
>>
>>29359853

I am a student of wildlife and fisheries, would be interested in doing an internship relating to wildlife conservation but can't this summer. This all looks pretty cool.
>>
>>29360207
Me, 21 years old:
1. No military experience
2. No firearms experience
3. Trying for a career in law enforcement but failed to even enter selection due to there being 4k+ candidates for only 200 positions and probably have to wait 6+ months again.
4. Only slightly relevant experience is a vocational study on Animal Husbandry of which I dropped out in the second year because of a bunch of shit that happened. I spent a couple months working at a zoo and also worked on some farms but that's about it.

I've had a fascination with firearms and the military since I was a kid, so I've got a decent understanding of how firearms generally work and are operated and understand basic small unit tactics, but my country (The Netherlands) is anal as fuck with firearms so I don't have any hands-on experience so I might as well be a CoD pleb.

I'm definitely interested in this since my plan was to just start working a shitty ass job in retail or something until I can try for LE again. Actually doing something interesting and useful seems like a much better alternative to me, I just don't have much to offer in terms of education or experience, so is there even any point for me to try?
>>
>>29363621
i just want people to understand that you have to watch out for more than the direct threat of being shot out in the field, iam sure it wouldnt take much to bribe the local police to kidnap you. i mean my Uncle said game wardens have been found hacked into pieces in there own houses many times.
>>
File: tmp_3564-10264-1062607804.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3564-10264-1062607804.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
>>29359173
How do we contact you? Infantryman US Army 5 years, between jobs.
>>
>>29360783
Do the poachers ever use aircraft in their "hunts"?
Do you have any use for someone trained in traditional anti-aircraft gunnery?
>>
>>29363702
Well this is a point i'll keep in mind and repost every one of these threads i see. Thank you for bringing it up.
>>
Degree in biological anthropology and criminal justice
Worked overseas in the middle east for 4 weeks related to degree
currently work with a firearms legal defense program
I try to shoot at least weekly

Can I get in on this?
>>
>>29363724
maybe air to air combat?

Pilot here, I'm sure we could chop the doors off a caravan and put a mounted gun on it
>>
>>29359173
Man I hope this isn't a honey pot it sounds fun.
>>
>>29363796
That honestly sounds like a party, I'm in!
Honestly, with such a specific line of training my only other option really is to hang out with ww2 flaktruppen reenactors, but blanks just aren't as fun.
>>
>>29359728
Yall need pilots?
>>
>>29363654
holy fuck this
>>
>>29363890
Strap four or 5 SKS's to a tri pod thing, rig it up to a single trigger and we can take down helicopters and other smaller planes.

If this happens, and they need pilots we're doing this.
>>
>>29359173
Literally just re-upped for another 3 years. Damnit.
>>
File: Walking-Leopard-Wallpaper.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Walking-Leopard-Wallpaper.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>29363702
Skin for skin.

Ruthlessness begets ruthlessness. These fuckers need to be killed in the most brutal ways possible.

I'd almost say that if you're going to fuck with them, you should cripple them, not kill them, and leave them in the bush for the hyenas and the leopards to eat.
>>
This is a great idea, is there a way to negotiate length of contracts however? I'm a wild land firefighter and my season runs from may to october tentatively.

Also need EMTS? I am one
>>
>>29363941
Good idea, responding to brutality w/ brutality totally hasn't backfired ever.
>>
>>29363796
>>29363890
>>29363930

Actually, as addendum to above, what if we hacked out a turret like this, just for the heck of it? I guess it's a dumb question but it looks like it'd be more practical than a giant hole cut into your plane adding drag everywhere.

>SKS minigun meme
So then I guess SA has weird gun laws too?
I heard that abomination only exists because of magazine and full-auto restrictions...I imagine we could get a belt-fed MG or something like that if we were over there though.
>>
>>29360207
>military recon
>deployed to africa

SON OF A BITCH.
>>
>>29363837
not even an actual NGO yet and definitely not going to trust a trip I know fuck all about who says hes been to africa a lot
would be fun just to get to africa, honestly. but i'd personally wait till this is more established before even entertaining the idea

really short contracts tho, so if this shit is legit, cant really think of a better way to spend a summer than hunting poachers and taking pictures of africa
>>
>>29359853

"Someone who has a biology or zoology background is of high value. Hell, someone who grew up in the sticks of West Virginia hunting for dinner would be of great value."

>mfw I have a Wildlife Biology degree and I'm from West Virginia
>>
>>29363961
>sks minigun meme
honestly been away from /k/ for so long, didn't know this was a thing. Kinda just pulled it out of my ass. We could do a belt mounted machine gun, or something like that. Basically anything that shoots metal at high speeds, in rapid succession would work

Also, fuck yeah, turret on a cessna caravan? Lets fuckin do it
>>
I'm going to join the Army just to get experience so I can participate in this.
>>
>>29363984
true that, especially with this Johnny dude's history of being a dick and threatening to charge people with made up gun crimes, I don't like the smell of it
>>
>>29364008
Don't do it anon
>>
>>29364010
Nah I'm just kidding about doing it for this.
I've always wanted to go military.
>>
File: Chosen.gif (1 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Chosen.gif
1 MB, 500x282
>>29363996

op has chosen you, /k/ommando
>>
>believing that the South African government is going to let a random collection of armed foreigners wander around the countryside and shoot people

I want to believe in OP as much as anybody, but this thing is going to end up exactly like VETPAW. When SA gets wind that OP is planing on shipping in foreign mercenaries instead of hiring native South Africans to do security work this whole charade is going to go up in smoke.
>>
>>29359173
While I have almost no firearms training/experience and no combat training/experience, I am an EMT and have done a fair amount of backpacking, mainly when I was in boy scouts.
Also, I have years of experience working with and communicating with Africans because first generation African immigrants compose a majority of my coworkers (different job then where I have my EMT through).

I couldn't go this year, but maybe next year or some time after that.
>>
>>29364065
I really really think it's a setup since OP is known as a Pennsylvania cop that doesn't like average citizens owning guns. He also has an underlying hatred of /k/ and it's users.
>>
>>29364112
Ah so he's a faggot that I would shoot on sight
>>
>>29361796
>I single handedly redefined EDC threads in 2008

wew lad time to log off.
>>
>>29364197
That's JohnnyIShootStuff for you, humble as ever.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.