[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, /out/doorsy anon here. With the recent terror attacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: FWY_3440x1440.jpg (1 MB, 3440x1440) Image search: [Google]
FWY_3440x1440.jpg
1 MB, 3440x1440
Hey /k/, /out/doorsy anon here.

With the recent terror attacks boring a groove into my brain, a thought crossed my mind: why doesn't the US have a gendarmerie force like the European nations do?
>>
>>29358946
Whats the difference between a gendarmerie force and a militia? And it doesn't seem that all European nations do. Why does the US always get compared to a whole continent?
>>
Thanks for the new Firewatch wallpaper
>>
>>29359637
>unironically playing walking simulators

At least the Long Dark was fun.
>>
>>29359722
The Long Dark is a great game
>>
>>29358946
The fuck is a gendarmerie?
>>
>>29359938
the equivalent of our state militias.

but euros don't have militarized police forces, yet.
>>
>>29359860
I was hype for story mode, then the trailer made it look like all the "ambiguous" decisions are basically made to appeal to white knights.
>>
>>29359983
Oh so we do and he's just a fucking idiot.
>>
>>29358946
Because when they looked north and saw how much the RCMP sucks, they came to their senses.
>>
Our constitution prohibits using the military in a law enforcement capacity. Do they not teach anything in school these days?

Please be b8
>>
>>29358946
We do. They're the State Self Defense Force and the Unorganized Militia which is every able bodied civillian ages 17-45. Then there's the Federal Militia which is the National Guard (They're just the Army but underfunded, and undertrained. To be honest, they're not even needed since the State Self Defense Force defines a militia due to their orders are only to be carried out by the governor only, National Guard have their orders from the Feds)
>>
>>29360084
>National Guard
>undertrained
>orders from the feds
Wat. They go to the same schools active duty does and take state orders as well.
>>
>ITT people who have no idea what gendarmerie means.
>>
>>29360084
>State Self Defense Force

Everybody always says State Guard is a joke, but I think it would be something worth volunteering my time to. Anybody know know anything about them?
>>
>>29360110
They mostly are a joke unless you are talking Michigan some 20 years ago.
>>
>>29358946
Posse Comitatus prohibits it. You can have LE and you can have mil. You can't have mil doing domestic LE.

Inb4 hurr durr nastygirls, that's a little complicated. They can only do LE when called up by their state governor. And they can only do mil stuff when called up by the President.

So I guess our National Guard is a gendarmerie analogue.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.