[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carry Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: ccw.jpg (573 KB, 5255x3196) Image search: [Google]
ccw.jpg
573 KB, 5255x3196
Hello /k/,

I just got my concealed carry license, and I wanted to see what you guys use on the daily. Could you answer these questions? Also, CCW thread.

1. What firearm do you currently carry?

2. What is the caliber, and what is the magazine capacity?

3. What holster do you use? And how do you use it? (IWB, shoulder, ankle, etc)

4. What do you like and dislike about your current setup? Is it comfortable?

5. Are there any problems or mistakes you've made in the past that you wish to share? (for example, an incident where you printed, or a shitty brand of holster that you wish you hadn't bought)
>>
tokarev or nothin
>>
>>29358828
1. Tokarev TT-33
2. 8+1 of 7.62x25
3. Shoulder holster
4. Comfy and conceals well, but not the fastest to draw from and the Tok is far from an ideal carry pistol.
5.Dropped my Tok in a Tim Hortons and somehow nobody noticed, or I'd have daily anal reaming sessions by my cellmate.
>>
I have a 9mm shield with the 8 round mag.

I just started carrying so I have not messed up yet.
>>
Oh!!! Wear an undershirt that is tucked in so your IWB holster is not rubbing you the wrong way all day
>>
Steyr m9
9mm 17+1
Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB ~4 o clock

My first and only handgun, so it's all I've got to carry for the moment.

Full size double stack is pretty big, but it's going to be rainy and chilly here in the PNW until late June or so, so I can get away with larger, more concealing shirts.

Once it gets closer to summer I'll go shop for something smaller.

The alien gear holster is very comfortable with the neoprene backing
>>
>>29358828
Glock 19
15+1 9mm
Alien gear IWB
>>
File: il_570xN.640051737_awbl.jpg (54 KB, 570x482) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.640051737_awbl.jpg
54 KB, 570x482
I don't even give a fuck I'm an American so fuck ATF if they're listening. My constitution is my permit. I live in Los Angeles so I need to carry here.

I carry a glock 26, I have one of those Magpul gun belts. I carry a Kabar TDI knife on that same gun belt.

Im in the ghetto so I dress ghetto so as to not stick out as the white guy with a wallet, or even worse, look like a fucking cop wearing tacticool. 5'11 pants. Typically I have very lose clothing so I can conceal that fat glock easily.

I could have gone with the 19 now that I think about it, but I chose the 26 because I still wanted a smaller gun for the times I have to wear a suit or some normal clothes, and more importantly, with the law only letting me have 10 round magazine's there would be no difference in capacity. Planning on getting a M&P shield though.

Now that I finally have a good job and wear a suit I want something a little thiner inside the waistband. Capacity be dammed
>>
>>29359258
Keep on keepining /k/omrade
>>
>>29358828
1. Steyr M9-A1
2. 9mm, 17+1
3. Tommy's Gun Pack. It's a fanny pack. It's self explanitory.
4. Like: It works for me. Dislike: It's a fanny pack.
5. No issues as of yet.
>>
File: happy trails hans.jpg (420 KB, 1920x807) Image search: [Google]
happy trails hans.jpg
420 KB, 1920x807
>>29358828
1. Beretta 92F
2. 9x19 mm 15 rounds
3. Duct taped onto my back
4. Easy to conceal from Germans
pic related
>>
P64
6+1 rounds of commie lead. Plus extra mag.
Outbags USA IWB
It's a PPK with a better round
No problems over here ok?
>>
>>29359258
>sure i'll gladly illegally carry a gun, despite possibly losing all my rights if caught or used in a defensive situation, but damned if i violate those 10 round magazine laws
You califags are cognitive dissonanced to the max. Also, changing zip codes is 10x more effective at protecting yourself and your property than carrying any firearm.
>>
>>29360739
Did you ever stop to think idiot, that one can't buy them here? And that they can't be shipped here? And someone who isn't some Midwestern nobody has responsibilities and can't be bothered to drive 10 hours back and forth just to buy some magazine's with 5 extra rounds in them?

Im already breaking the law idiot, if you mail me some 33 round mags for my glock I'll carry one with me in my car at least, trust me.

That being said, one also has to be smart. Carrying a gun is a misdemeanor, one I can repeat over and over without turning into a felony, or doing any jail time.

Carrying "hy capacitee salt clips"on the other hand, is a felony, and I'll do serious time and lose my job if that were to happen.

In the future though, I'm fucking outta here. Fuck Cali and fuck LA
>>
>>29358828
1. Walther PK380
2. .380, 8+1
3. Vedder Holsters Light Tuck, Appendix IWB
4. Very comfortable, very quick and easy draw. Only dislike is that I'm a skelington and it does print a little bit but people that don't own guns won't notice, and it's not illegal to print - it's only illegal if I start waving it around.

Seriously, no one gives a fuck about printing. People that don't carry have no fucking clue that it's a gun, they just don't think like that. People that do carry guns, don't give a fuck if you're also carrying a gun.
Haven't bought any holsters I hate yet but that's because I'm pretty meticulous before I buy something. I did buy a mag holster from Uncle Mike's though and immediately returned it because it was shitty. Held two mags and one side was super loose, mag could slide out, while the other side was extremely tight. Fuck Uncle Mike's. Reminded me why I refuse to buy shit with the lowest price tag.
>>
File: bg380.jpg (396 KB, 1296x728) Image search: [Google]
bg380.jpg
396 KB, 1296x728
>S&w bodyguard 380
>.380 auto, 6+1
>Desantis IWB (forgot model) and superfly pocket holster
>Like: small enough to conceal with any outfit, you can adapt the gun to the clothes instead of the cloths to the gun like normal
>Dislike: lacking in firepower, not super controllable to shoot
>No bad experiences so far
Carry load is .380 speer gold dot
>>
File: 14587958492611853884170.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
14587958492611853884170.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
Full size SIG 1911 IWB at 4:30/5:00 in an Aliengear cloaktuck. With an average fitting T-shirt or button down its invisible. Have to pull my shirt down whenever I stand up but I already did that. Tighter shirts print or pull up.
>>
Is there a good iwb clip holster so I easily remove it and put it on while going on a quick run to the store?
>>
>>29359258
Which TDI knife do you use?
I run a Hindrance, it's a Rick Hinderer (derp) design but part of the TDI line from Ka-Bar.

Love it but I've got mixed feelings on the lock on the sheathe. Just an extra hurdle if I had to deploy it, but great for preventing someone else from grabbing it.
>>
>>29358828
>Glock 26
>9x19mm, 10 rounds plus one in the chamber
>Galco King Tuk, IWB at around 4:30ish
>I like it very much, it's very comforable and highly concealable
>Do not buy any holster that isn't kydex or some similar hard material. Don't cheap out on your holster, it's a vital part of your setup. Also don't be very concerned about printing, people aren't as observant as you think.
>>
File: 14587961122611673134198.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
14587961122611673134198.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>29363383
The cloak tuck can also be tucked in, though the belt clips will show. However you can buy less visible clips; mine are just the stock ones. This is a full size 1911.
>>
>>29363435
Nice Hank Hill ass.
>>
>>29363383
>>29363435
Wow, you're a big guy
>>
1. What firearm do you currently carry?
Glock 43
2. What is the caliber, and what is the magazine capacity?
9mm, 6+1
3. What holster do you use? And how do you use it? (IWB, shoulder, ankle, etc)
IWB (appendix), remora sleeve holster
>>
>>29363454
My butt is small, yet firm. Would never tuck a button up into my jeans though. I imagine with a smaller gun it would be a lot easier to hide in like a suit. Ruger LC380 is on my list but I will probably be purchasing all the bits to build an FAL soon

>>29363464
>for you
5'11 170lb
>>
>>29358828

1. Glock 19 in waistband and a Bond Arms derringer in the pocket
2. 9mm 15+1, and .45LC/.410 shotgun 2 shots
3. Cheap Everyday Holsters holster for the Glock, derringer goes in my pocket
4. Most IWB holsters will be uncomfortable at first but you get used to it pretty quick and after a while you won't even notice you've got it on.
5. Not that I can share. Wear longer shirts so they don't get stuck behind the grip of your gun and leave it exposed whenever your each for something on a top shelf. Don't worry too much about printing, most people aren't paying that much attention to you.
>>
File: EDC up close.jpg (1 MB, 2880x2000) Image search: [Google]
EDC up close.jpg
1 MB, 2880x2000
>G19 w/jhp, 2 spare standard mags w/fmj
>K-Rounds appendix holster
>Essee fixed blade w/sheath
>REI keychain beer thing w/keys
>Fenix E05 light
>LG G2 w/ Distill Union sticky wallet stuck on black phone case

I carry everywhere because appendix carry allows me to deep conceal a g19. Holster is sweet cuz I can swing it out on it's pendulum swing thing while driving if it ever bothers me. I can reholster with the holster out too instead of trying to holster my gun into my appendix. Neat safe design.
>>
G26 with a mtac on the way. Gotta get my cc license first, and I think I'll have my holster empty a few times to get used to it.
>>
File: DE 1911 .45.jpg (194 KB, 800x574) Image search: [Google]
DE 1911 .45.jpg
194 KB, 800x574
>>29363525

Another thing: my Desert Eagle 1911g (pic related, not mine but same gun) fits the holster perfectly and is perfectly comfortable to CC. I have to wear the holster a little farther back on my hip than I normally do to keep the grip from poking my shirt out but still, it was a funny surprise.
>>
>>29363521
Get the LC9S Pro - leagues better than the LC380, and much smaller than a full size. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>29363561
>I think I'll have my holster empty a few times to get used to it.
This is a good idea. Not only to get used to wearing one, but also to break in your holster, and to give you an estimate of how well you can conceal in that holster.
>>
>>29363581
I've just heard the LC9 is very very snappy. What does the pro offer over a standard 9?
>>
>>29363723
LC9S Pro has a stupidly smooth trigger. LC380 is more if not just as snappy, and that's really a bad term - it's only snappy if you don't know how to handle a firearm or have wrists that are prone to snapping if you look at them for too long.

Seriously, all little guns have a little bite, and the LC9S is better than a lot of others in it's category.

The LC9S is what you want, the LC9 and LC9S are different guns. The LC9S Pro is the same as the LC9S except it doesn't have an external safety, whereas the LC9S does. The LC9 is the original model, but has a terrible trigger and doesn't jump out as anything special. LC9S Pro has removed the external safety though and the trigger is smooth as butter. All the magazines come with the pinky extension by default as well as an extra flush mag base plate just in case you have tiny bitch hands.
>>
>>29363816
Curious how the LC380 has more snap than an LC9 even though they are the same gun just in different calibers. Are you comparing the LC9 with the LCP?
>>
File: Combat_Handguns_SigM11_A1_b_r1.jpg (102 KB, 425x406) Image search: [Google]
Combat_Handguns_SigM11_A1_b_r1.jpg
102 KB, 425x406
>>29358828
1. I carry a Sig m11-a1
2. 9mm and 2 15 round magazines
3. I use a galco kingtuck at 3:30 or 4 oclock.
4. I personally like my set up not really anything negative.
5. Nope got nothin.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.