[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just got a call back for an armoured car guard position and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 106774-004-8214EDDB.jpg (37 KB, 482x450) Image search: [Google]
106774-004-8214EDDB.jpg
37 KB, 482x450
just got a call back for an armoured car guard position and I start training next week.

what vest should I get?

> am tall 6'4"
> am wide 290 lbs
(am fat but a lot of muscle/not as fat as you are probably picturing)
> employer will pay for half of my vests cost
( whatever it may be "even if it's 50grand"- recruiter.)

lots of drivers have been attacked and shot in my area so i want something with good coverage. my wife is more worried about it than I am but I still want something that will save my life and preferably keep me out of a wheelchair and a catheter out of my urethra.

what should I look for other than the lung and heart chest protector models that seem to be really common.
>>
>>29349848
JUST DON'T DO IT

YOU WILL HATE IT

IT SUCKS MAD DICK

EVERY TIME A THREAD LIKE THIS POPS UP I SPEND A HALF AN HOUR WRITING OUT WHY IT SUCKS AND EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER WORKED FOR ONE OF THESE SHIT STAIN COMPANIES AGREES WITH ME!

JUST DON'T DO IT, SAVE YOUR BACK, SAVE YOUR SANITY, SAVE YOURSELF BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!
>>
>>29349875
I sense some good greentext, anon. Do tell.
>>
>>29349875
op here, I agree with
>>29349920

if you have please share. don't want you to have to type same shit over and over though.
>>
>>29349848
Hope yr not near Charlestown
>>
>>29349875

Not this anon, but I agree 100%.

You will work with some ok people, but a lot will be assholes.

Management will be the biggest bunch of narcissistic, sadistic, unintelligent, immature fuckups of society.

Trucks will break down, air conditioning will stop working, routes will get fucked up, hours will change just based on a whim, etc.

This was a miserable time in my life, The day I quit was great.

Don't go into this business OP, pay sucks, retirement sucks, insurance sucks, and you will carry $200,000+ in a bag through the ghetto with a group of gang bangers hanging out near the door.

Not worth it.
>>
>>29349848
Get yourself a IIIa vest or higher. You want to ensure it can protect you from 9mm, .45 ACP or 12 Gauge shot as those are some of the common rounds you might find in a ghetto full of monkeys.
>>
Weird, I spent a lot of today working out the best way to rob an armored car.

For my money, impersonating police and then pulling them over.
>>
>>29349875
Greentext my shit up, anon
>>
Get one that holds both kevlar and plates

Something like the Condor Defender, but not Condor
>>
>>29349848
wear armor and don't bother carrying a gun. the money is insured and that's all the criminals care about.
>>
>>29350809
will get you shot by responding pd's when the truck calls in for being stopped
>>
>>29349848
Watch all three hours of Heat every weekend.

>>29350809
Robbers did that around there, blocked the road on highway with trucks and cars and then lit a car on fire behind to stop people coming near. Before that they had posed as police and reroute normal cars out of the highway.

They fired FA rifles in the air and to the windshield of the armored truck to make the driver come out but they ran out of time and had to leave without any money before police arrived.

They got caught few weeks later.
>>
>>29353290
>>
>>29350809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpNzlh5ALRA
>>
File: Bin that knife.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Bin that knife.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>29349848
>armoured
>British spelling.
>Armored
>U.S. English Spelling
Good luck there britboy!
>>
>>29349920
>>29353198
I really don't have a bunch of notable green-texts, sorry.

Management says they care, they really don't.
They'll come in, we will tell them the problems. Low pay, long hours, trucks falling apart, customers complaining, etc. Management barely listens, agrees with us says they're gonna do something about it. 3-4 months go by we see a minor pay increase and then that's it.

Trucks go unfixed, hours are still long as hell. People generally feel unmotivated. some will sabotage their day to milk the time clock. But because of poor management, they cant do much about it.

The trucks are poorly designed, the passenger is sitting right over the wheel well, on leaf spring suspension so you feel EVERY bump, rock, branch, pothole that the driver fails to avoid or cannot avoid. There is hardly a screening process, they'll let anyone work here. I had a driver who is legitimately autistic, talks to himself in full blown Italian mode. Hand gestures and everything. Flips out when there's one minor thing wrong even though it doesn't matter. The drivers/messengers spend their days complaining about trivial shit.

A/C is considered a luxury by the DoT. So the companies aren't required to maintain it. Garda, Brinks, Dunbar and Loomis will not maintain it. Even though the mechanics will try their hardest to help you out, their workload is immense. People beat the shit out of the trucks, they're filthy, rusty, they smell like wet dog, sometimes cat piss, sometimes wet ass. There is almost non existent ventilation, save for a 3x5 slit on the roof you can open and maybe catch a breeze. In my branch, we have 4-5 trucks with cracks in the windows and windshields, basically compromising protection. They leak like a motherfucker, right over the drivers head most of the time. around the windows and doors. I could type for days on this shit.
>>
>>29353956
Thanks for telling it like is is, anon
>>
>>29353956
Why not get a little fan to goes in a cigarette lighter?
>>
>>29353974
Because half the cigarette lighters don't work, and when you're the messenger you don't get one.
>>
>>29350809

Brinks, and probably others, have a little sign saying they will follow you to the nearest police station if pulled over. They just don't open doors for strangers.

There are much easier methods of robbing these trucks but I won't discuss that.
>>
>>29353956
Lel, I do non/lightly-armored CIT and its pretty fucking sweet.

Our vans are obviously heavily modified to fit the job but they are luxurious as hell. Some Mercedez van, not sure which exactly.
>>
>>29354271
What company and country.
>>
>>29354276
I'm not going specifics.
>>
>>29354280
Then don't brag you piece of shit.
>>
>>29354284
Why not? It's not like it changes anything that you don't know where I work.

Northern Europe is about as much as I'll say.
>>
>>29354291
Well there ya go.

Euro, Aussie armored services are Infinitely better than US ones. Vehicle regulations are better enforced.
>>
>>29354298
We dont get a gun tho
>>
>>29354306

You're fucked
>>
>>29354306
Actually being a armaguard type bloke is the only way you'll ever get to open carry on Australia apart from the cops - you're only armed to protect the money, not your life though.
>>
You can get a cba or osprey if your willing to pay at any surplus military store. You are still pretty fucked if you have noone to get you first aid pretty much as soon as you get shot. Go for the lightest body armour that can't snag on anything so you can get into cover with fast and get out of harms way. Or train with it in. No body armour will help if someone wants you dead you are better off getting the fuck out of there. Get something cheap and affordable and spend any savings on decent insurance for when shit gets real.
>>
>>29354319
We wear more armor than fucking riot police tho.
>>
>>29354327
Well I figured most of the Americans are armed.
>>
File: Flash Sweating.jpg (50 KB, 238x310) Image search: [Google]
Flash Sweating.jpg
50 KB, 238x310
I heard that most armored truck drivers are supposed to speed up when they encounter a car blocking the road, since that used to be a popular robbing method

>TFW you accidentally spin out and block the road, and there's an armored truck coming
>>
>>29354331
Could you be more specific? I work for my country riot police and I don't think spending days in my outfit cramped in an armored van would be a smart idea.
>>
>>29354352
My coworkers and I have received 0 formal offensive driving training. Or any training for that matter.
>>
>>29354367
Our A/C transforms the truck into the arctic and I already live in a very cold climate.
>>
>>29353956
You work for loomis too?
>>
>>29355038
Garda.

Same shit different company.
>>
>>29355043
Do your driver get paid the same as the messengers? They do at loomis, even though we clearly do much more work than them
>>
>>29355214
Drivers and messengers are the same. They split the work. Some days you drive, some days you jump. 14.75/hr and they changed how crew leaders get paid.
>>
>>29355236
>14.75/hr
Shit man, I get paid more than that fixing computers at a best buy. 14.75 isn't worth getting shot at over.
>>
>>29349848
What's it pay? I always thought those guys had a cool gig.
>>
>>29353977
battery powered is your best friend along with the suction cups
>>
>>29355273

Depending on area, $12-15 starting.

>>29354352

That won't happen until they see guns or start getting box in or whatever. Drivers only receive basic instruction on how rto operate the vehicle.
>>
File: bombsuit.jpg (19 KB, 300x465) Image search: [Google]
bombsuit.jpg
19 KB, 300x465
This with dummy grenades and m18 claymores strapped around it.

No one will rob,shoot, or get near you.
>>
>>29355325
I'm trying to quit before summer hits again.

My brother works for coca cola and he's trying to keep me in the loop.

But, again. Screen cap my original post. Don't ever work for an armored car company.
>>
>>29355349
Heh, get a vinyl wrap for the truck that says bomb disposal unit and you should be good to go. Everyone gets out of your way and no one wants to take whatever it is you are carrying.
>>
>>29355236
Fuck that, I never get to drive, and half our drivers aren't even armed so they can't be trained as messengers. But yet still get paid the same for nothing. That being said I started at 11.25hr last year and make 12.50hr now. Pay sucks
>>
>>29349848
will it protect your face?
>>
>>29349848
OP, I knew a man who once worked security at an RV dealership in Dallas. He wasn't handling any sort of money but he did have to constantly chase squatters out of RV's and out from under them. My point is he had to quit because he was stabbed a few times, although he had a plate carrier, the stress eventually war him down, he was a combat vet btw. Also the pay and hours sucked balls, my advice? Find something else
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.