[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know the plot line was added to the movie and was based of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
I know the plot line was added to the movie and was based of 'Juba' but how accurate is the supposed infamy and fear among coalition troops?
>>
I don't know what everyone else will say, but my Company came to the conclusion that he wasn't one single, good, sniper, rather a handful of crappy snipers who threw all their videos together.
>>
I worked detainee ops for a bit at camp cropper in Baghdad. We had two convicted hadji snipers on death row while I was there.

They were both old as fuck and frail looking and shit. They were obviously talented snipers, each having been charged with the deaths of numerous Iraqi military/police personnel, and one with two coalition kills. But they did not give off the vibe, they didn't have an imposing sense about them.

Didn't seem like people to be scared of.

When I was out on patrols and shit we didn't have any serious snipers in our areas.
>>
>>29347407
Juba was actually a collective of snipers that starred in a series of insurgent propaganda. Some of them were chechens
>>
>mudslims
>having the mental capacity to be a good sniper

ironic, since the middle east contributed a lot to the field of mathematics. too bad they haven't done anything of note since the middle ages.
>>
>>29348081
This. I watched tons of jihadi videos from that time as part of my dissertation and Juba was an attribution. Like the Dread Pirate Roberts. A single person could not have committed all of the attacks credited to him. There was likely a sniper known as Juba who was responsible for a few attacks and then, typically, the Islamists exaggerated it.
>>
>>29349317

I've seen a post claiming the Juba sniper(s) would fire from cars in populated areas much like the DC Beltway snipers did, but never found more about it. Any connection?
>>
>>29350860
IRA did the same and invented this, shots were rom 100m or less mostly - In this case the IRA modified Mazda 626 hatchback by welding steel plates to the back so that the sniper using a Barrett .50 BMG rifle would have some protection in case they were fired on by British troops and a cord and a piece of wood was attached so that the sniper (Michael Caraher) could prop the rear door open for firing and then close the hatchback from the inside once he was done.
>>
>>29349004
>the middle east contributed a lot to the field of mathematics
Nah. All they did was steal algebra from the Hindus and slap an Arabic label on it... like they did everything else.
>>
>>29350972
this. they didn't do shit.
>>
>>29347407
He is holding a PSL <3
>>
>>29350860
Yes this was common. A few of the early Juba vids were shots taken at tank crew members parked at busy intersections from road level.
>>
>>29350972
God damn, You're the most /pol/ trip on /k/.
>>
>>29351454
But he's right Arabs take credit for our ideas
t.pa/k/i
>>
>>29347668
Pretty much the conclusion of everybody.
>>
>>29351525
>pakis
Implying your civilization fares any better.
>>
>>29351822
Never said it did.
But most of the problems in Pakistan were caused by Arabs or Afghan refugees.
>>
>>29351822
At least they're too busy fucking with India to harass anyone else.
>>
Heard of Juba all the time doing patrols in '08. Like people pointed out it was most likely a group of fuckers. Were a few instances of 50Cal sniper fire, that was supposedly 1 guy.
Does not matter, for every kill the got, 10-20 of them got owned by us.
>>
>>29350972
well they did kick the greek ass for a tiny bit
>>
Heard rumors of a guy named scorpion, or red scorpion in the Mosul area around 2005. But probably just bullshit.
>>
File: Red-Scorpion-1.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Red-Scorpion-1.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
>>29352130
Oh he was real
>>
>>29350972
>>29351822
>>29351909
>>29351525
You're all wrong, it was the Persians. Reminder: Persians WERE not Arabs.
>>
>>29352220
Bull. Shit.
>>
>>29352220
That's wrong though.
>>
>>29347407
I have that same color schemed head wrap
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.