[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, britbong here. Got a call off my dad today, said that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Hey /k/, britbong here.

Got a call off my dad today, said that after what has happened in Brussels today, he wants to get a firearm to protect the family in case kebab goes full jihad. As you know, this country is fucking full of kebab. So i want to help him out.

Now, I'm not gonna say i know anything serious about firearms, but i have had an interest in them for a very long time, and can safely say that my parents are within the FAC guidelines for a semi-auto 22LR rifle.

Their house has land, with what would qualify as "vermin" (foxes & rabbits). On top of that, the house is surrounded by fields that are owned by a farmer who is good friends with my dad, so incase the "pest control" reason isnt enough, we still have legitimate reason to own a firearm for target shooting on his land.

My problem is, I know fuck all about 22LR Firearms. So I ask if you glorious Murrcans can redpill me on the best and safest 22LR rifles and ammunition.

Topic of 22LR is freely up for debate too, the more info the better. Thanks guys, I'll be here for a couple of hours.

>pic slightly related
Its Airsoft, but its my baby, and the closest i can get to real funs for now.
>>
>>29346393
I think your over-reacting idiot dad is safe from terrorists, last time I checked they didn't target the fucking countryside.

>and he plays airsoft

Fucking faggot
>>
>>29346419
He said in case they go full jihad. Meaning a takeover of the country. I doubt there are that many sandnugs there that could do that but more are being shipped there by the day so...
>>
>>29346393

just get the holy trinity like any american does:

ar or ak
pistol, either a 45 or 9mm
shotgun
>>
>>29346435
Fellow Bong here

You're a fucking embarassment.
>>
I wonder at what point does he think a .22 rifle is going to save him from suicide bombers in an airport
>>
>>29346435
I mean you shouldn't bother with an excuse to own a gun but as far as they go yours is fucking retarded
>>
>>29346448
>>29346470
>thinking I'm OP
>>
>>29346393
one of the largest issues with many .22LR semi-autos is that the ammunition that is cheap can easily malfunction and not fire. additionally due to the rather long overall case length, without some steps for fitting a .22LR to the ammunition used (and sticking with that bullet design and manufacturer exclusively) you can run into feeding issues. some .22LR firearms are not well made either, and while .22LR can kill, they generally do not perform well against motivated, armored (or fat) attackers.

consider a manual action straight pull rifle in a cartridge that is widely available. in England i'm sure a Swiss K31 can be easily rebarreled for .308 for about 800 euros total. otherwise a K31 and suplus 7.5 Swiss can be had for a few hundred Euros, but bulk 7.5 Swiss can be tough to find if you want more than 100 rounds.
>>
>>29346419
We are within 5 miles of the city of Blackburn, which is fucking full of them.

And since when is wanting a gun to protect your family "over-reacting?" I'd feel a million times more comfortable knowing my family has a legitimate line of defence from being beaten, raped and killed by a bunch of sandniggers. Even if it is an extremely slim chance. You stupid arrogant fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 1155x1155
Ruger 10/22 with archangel kit to scare tony blair
>>
>>29346445
how is that a holy trinity for america? wouldn't it be an AR with a smaller AR attached as a mount and a sidearm AR shaped like a submachine gun?
>>
File: Nofun.jpg (14 KB, 200x211) Image search: [Google]
Nofun.jpg
14 KB, 200x211
>>29346419
Such teenage angst
>>
File: rimfire GSG.png (409 KB, 667x814) Image search: [Google]
rimfire GSG.png
409 KB, 667x814
If you are fan of that gun, why not just buy a semi-auto .22LR version of it? They are pretty cheap in the UK.

100 rounds, semi auto. Real bullets. That is the closest you are going to get to the real thing. It' only a .22LR but that will work in a pinch.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/gsg-german-sport-guns-gmbh-22-rifles/rifles/774912

How to get your license for it:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/479794/Guidance_on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_Nov_2015_v16.pdf
>>
>>29346393
Fellow bong, Forget 22lr.
Look for rifles in "Obsolete calibres"
list here http://www.vintageguns.co.uk/articles/obsolete-calibre-list/

They are older rifles, including many older German.
These aren't required to be deactivated, ammo is pricey - great to discourage you from being a fucknut and making guns harder for the rest of us.

Good luck and welcome to the world of hasgunz
>>
Getting a .22LR for home defence is full on fucking retarded.

These
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_YyUnuhFxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc1EOV4_vbc

Are more in line with the heaviest stuff you can get on a FAC, while what you really want is an O&U 12ga just on a shotgun licence.
>>
>>29346483
>living within 5 miles of a complete shithole

Gee, nice life choice there pleb
>>
>>29346445
Cant do that pal, firearm laws are extremely strict over here. No pistols, semi-auto's restricted to 22LR. Bolt-actions and Shotguns are okay though in most configurations as long as we have "legitimate reason" to own one.
>>
>>29346535
hahaha, fucking britcucks
>>
File: VEPR 12.jpg (161 KB, 670x856) Image search: [Google]
VEPR 12.jpg
161 KB, 670x856
http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/firearms_vepr12.htm

AK derived shotguns are fine too. Starting to get a bit more expensive.

Long barrels look retarded on them though.
>>
>>29346550
I'd get a bolt action, lever action, or pump action rifle over a semi-auto .22

the Aussies like to trick out Remington 7600/7615s
look into something like the Mossberg MVP Patrol in .308 or one of the various scout rifles from Steyr, Ruger, Savage, and others

otherwise, a .44 Magnum, .30-30, or .45-70 lever action carbine from Winchester, Henry, Marlin, or Rossi is a viable option and less "tactical" in appearance (and maybe classification? hard to find info on Belg gun law)

a .22 simply doesn't have the range, diameter, weight, or velocity to be anything other than a short range firearm, and .308 or the various lever action calibers will have a higher probability of a one shot stop at all ranges and a higher probability of any hit at longer ranges due to less wind drift
>>
>>29346393
Start with getting a shotgun certificate, then worry about the rest later. It takes less time and effort, and a 12 or 20 gauge will be a good start.
>>
>>29346681
oh fuck, you're not in Belgium

well, all that still applies
but I got you one better too

get a Saiga .410
shotguns on a real FAC and not just a shotgun cert can be semi-auto and have no magazine restrictions in the UK
there are 20 round drums available for .410, and there's no reason you can't use slugs

that's about the closest you can possibly get to a real, modern semi-auto rifle
>>
>>29346419
Get the fuck out of here faggot. This is a no gay zone.

*unless you're a trap, then you can stay.
>>
I appreciate people suggesting other calibers, but i want something that is easy to handle for my dad, mum and teenage sister. And it has to be usable within the house, so larger caliber rifles and O&U shotguns are off my list at the minute as they are too big and unweildy to use inside the house.

I understand 22LR is a weak round, but you have to consider this is my families first encounter with firearms, For now, I just want something that can be used to teach them about firearm safety and use, and can be used as a defensive option in a pinch. Once they are comfortable with that, I will feel safer progressing them onto shotguns and rifles.
>>
>>29346681
Can hunting rifles actually kill someone?
>>
Britbongs should be banned from making threads on /k/
>>
>>29346822
uh, yeah, what?
>>
>>29346822
Some of the larger calibers like .45-70 can cause extensive bruising, and I've heard of higher velocity calibers like 7mm Rem Mag breaking the skin. Needless to say, eye injuries can result from shots to the face, so always practice proper muzzle discipline.
>>
>>29346782
>>29346732
If what he said is true then this is definitely the way to go. If you can't handle a .410 you should stay no guns desu.

22lr is garbage for defense. None of the call of duty looking 22lrs function reliably.
>>
>>29346822
No. Hunting rifles use calibers like .223 or .308 and military rifles fire 5.56 and 7.62, which are much more powerful.
Military pistols shoot 9×19 mm while private fire arms use 9mm Parabellum.
>>
>>29346862
They're meant for animals which are smaller than humans and animals don't wear clothes which could easily slow or stop a bullet. So could you kill someone with a hunting rifle?
>>
File: 1458552016664.jpg (52 KB, 305x302) Image search: [Google]
1458552016664.jpg
52 KB, 305x302
>>29346954
>>
>>29346393
55gal. drum of anal lube. Actually I think any container over 6oz is considered a weapon in your country, so lots of 6oz bottles of anal lube then.
>>
>>29346937
>>29346937
To be honest, i completely forgot about this calibre, and i agree is probably way better suited to my families needs and the laws than 22LR, as well as being easier to progress them to 20 and 12 gauge. Thank you very much for that!

So... .410 discussion? What are my options here? Bare in mind that I am still determined to get an FAC meaning that shotguns of all gauges are unrestricted sans barrel length. Money isnt an issue, i want the best there is.
>>
>>29346782
If a possible "defense" situation is what they are thinking of 22LR is hilariously inadequate, Achmed merely going to be annoyed as he scalps you

Forget any pipe dream of something in the UK being useful inside the house, if they are in the house a window is a better option than a fight - then if they give chase you can engage on open ground.

if you are just giving them their "1st encounter with guns" find your local shooting range and introduce them, the 1st easy step is showing with your own guns

Consider the following: This is your fucking father, be frank and say I need to see you handle the safely, You watched me with your car - I watch you with my guns
>>
>>29346782
nevermind these faggots. i knew a guy who was murdered with a 22 pistol but i can't believe there are fags saying no gun > 22. i'd rather have a 22 than a baseball bat or knife if defending against mudslimes

are 22 handguns out of the question? obv most would recommend a ruger 10/22 but since you are specifically requesting something smaller, i'd suggest pic related: smith & wesson mp15-22
>>
File: 10208_01_lg[1].jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
10208_01_lg[1].jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>>29347073
ugh forgot pic, here
>>
itt: people going full retard and saying .22 is just going to annoy an attacker.
>>
>>29347073
All guns with a barrel less than 12" are banned as "pistols" regardless of calibre or if it is infact a pistol
>>
File: family march 16.jpg (468 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
family march 16.jpg
468 KB, 1632x1224
>>29346844

how about you shut up.

if you really want a .22lr then a 10/22 will do with a large mag feeding issues will always be a problem.

a semi auto shotgun would be better or a straight pull AR. the barrel can be as short as 12 inches, can be worked pretty fast with practice and .223 doesn't recoil much.
>>
>>29347073
Well, this is what i thought originally, ive been looking up ballistic gel tests on hollow point 22LR and they look more than adequate to cause enough harm to drop someone, especially with semi auto.
Pistols... Well, you can legally own a pistol on a FAC but it has to have the same overall length as a rifle anyway (fuckhueg barrel and some gay-pencil-stock-type thing) so i might as well just go for the rifle, the Ruger 10/22s look great for what i need! i dont understand the abuse im getting on this subject.

>>29347069
Im the only one in the family who has ever used an actual firearm, and am OCD with my safety and function. I am confident i could teach my family enough for them to be safe and proficient with it.
>>
>>29347165
get the bx25 if you want larger than standard capacity. everything other extended mag is hit or miss.
>>
>>29347170

stopping someone with a .22 is possible as with a rifle you can get decent velocity. you have to dump a fuck load of rounds into them though.
>>
>>29347170
>Im the only one in the family who has ever used an actual firearm, and am OCD with my safety and function. I am confident i could teach my family enough for them to be safe and proficient with it.
Exactly, so teach them with your gun.
This lets them learn while letting this dies down rather than having a fear impulse buy that means that the police are always looking over your shoulder
>>
>>29346470
how about "the happening" or "shtf" excuses half the nerds on this board use? how is his excuse any different?

yall some dumb fucks for real
>>
>>29346393
Ruger 10/22 is the go to .22 gun isnt it?
Also youre probably better off getting a shotgun, theyre easier to get, and more likely to take someone down than .22, oh and shotguns arent like 10 meters range like in games if thats why you wanted a rifle
>>
>>29346393
10/22 with a moderator. You're welcome.
>>
>>29347229
Bong here: General preparedness =/= Fear based purchasing
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 220x293
>>29346393
>britbong
>.22lr
>not .303

Why not go Lawrence of Arabia and use your own rifle that was actually used to remove kebabs?
>>
>>29347290

I think OP said too long and too unwieldy for his family. also, .303 is expensive yo.
>>
>>29346550

>as long as we have "legitimate reason" to own one.

Islam.
>>
>>29346550
You can easily construct a reason, make friends with a gun owning farmer and he'll likely be willing to offer you a once a year job helping him with pest extermination, the Taxi ride to get to the farm might be a hundred pounds or so
>>
>>29346483
> 5 miles of the city of Blackburn
> Blackburn
> Population 100,000
> City

Chap, that's a large town.

You are literally the same as those people Michael Moore interviewed in "Bowling for Columbine" who were worried Al Qaeda was going to come to their shit town in rural Missouri and nuke them... because they have a Wal-Mart.

Those people are to be laughed at. You are to be laughed at.
>>
>>29347396
Blackburn is a city. A cathedral city but a city none the less
>>
>>29347423
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn
> Blackburn is a large town in Lancashire, England
> large town
>>
File: Bella Twin .22 bear kill.png (519 KB, 768x1368) Image search: [Google]
Bella Twin .22 bear kill.png
519 KB, 768x1368
>>29347194
>stopping someone with a .22 is possible as with a rifle you can get decent velocity

Pic related is Bella Twin who killed a world record (at the time) Grizzley here in Canadaland. That bear set the world record in 1953 and it held for quite a few years.

Shot placement is everything, of course. Her first shot dropped the bear but did not kill it and merely incapacitated it. As it was a single shot .22 she had to reload and she put several more shots into the bears skull to make sure it stayed down.

If you are not a good shot then followup shots are everything. A semi-Auto .22LR that can put 10-12 shots into center of mass is perfectly fine for self defense.

tl;dr

.22lr and rimfire in general is not the preferred choice for self defense against either bears or animals, but it can work in a pinch. It is easy to handle and you can get a lot of rounds on target very quickly with a modern semi-auto.
>>
>>29347321

Military issue SMLESs are big and clunky because they're made to withstand anything and everything and fire rifle grenades.

Sporterized SMLEs that remove most of the wood and some of the metal are light and handy. There are over 10 million SMLEs in the world and a lot of them were sporterized or even professionally converted in the 50's and 60's so it's not even a matter of altering one that's still in military configuration.
>>
>>29347435
Well damn, I just double checked.
Never realized it was refused city status.

Though as a point Population has nothing to do being a city.
The smallest city in the UK has a population of less than 2000
>>
>>29346393
I don't know if Bongs can own a Sig 522 but mine is great. Maybe look into a Ruger 10/22 if possible. There's a lot more aftermarket support for that rifle.
>>
>>29347613

yeah we can, or an m&p 15/22 there are a lot of them around.
>>
>>29347396
>liberal spotted
britain is a small island, and i don't know personally but i get the impression that muslims are ubiquitous.

not only that, but all over america small towns have had episodes of muslim violence. sure, it isn't a massive attack, but a beheading here or there and you'd still want to make sure you are safe - at least for sure in your home of all places.

>>29347170
see >>29347114
a 22, if your only option, is a way better option than a slingshot, bow and arrow, or any melee weapon. ESPECIALLY if it's an autoloader/semiauto

the main thing is that you can hurt them from a distance and thus mitigate the chance of them hurting you. if there was a gun that shot little knives in semiauto capacity, i'd recommend that too, because that is damn near what a semiauto 22 is.

1 shot to the brain with a 22 and i guarantee lights out. 1 shot to the face and they're blinded/incapacitated. 3+ shots to the chest and they might not drop right away but they will be on death's door soon enough. shoot them in the leg and you may hit the femoral, shoot them in the hand and they could drop whatever weapon they have.

go for 16" barrel if you want a smaller 22 rifle, but 18" is fine too, but shit if you can go down to 12" you should try for that. the ruger 10/22 has a great reputation and they make em with 16" barrels.

i'd recommend a semiauto 22 over a bolt-action 308 even if the latter were legal, because, in a home d situation, you want to make sure you can keep shooting the guy if you miss.

shotgun is nice too assuming you can get a pump action or better with at least 5-6 shots in it.

sorry you're a britbong man, you guys aren't even free. your military swears allegiance to the queen, not a document that asserts your rights. make sure to vote ukip, goodday mates
>>
>>29347165
Is that an actual AX or a Remington in an AX chassis?
>>
>>29347049
Saiga .410 is the only way to get semi-auto rifle like capabilities and dat capacity
itherwise, there are numerous high quality traditional semi-auto shotguns
although if you're going to go the traditonal semi-auto tube fed shotgun route, I'd say step it up to 20 ga

recoil is still quite mild and you'll get a little more out of your limited capacity
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.