[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /k/ Can some of you guys tell me why a rapid response unit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
Hi, /k/

Can some of you guys tell me why a rapid response unit would use silencers in a heavily crowded area.
Pic related.
>>
Because guns are fucking loud

Next
>>
>>29344236
To not deafen bystanders?

Especially in enclosed environment.
>>
> removes muzzle flash
> reduces concussion blast
> keeps noise to about 140ish decibels
> preserves/reduces damage to bystanders' hearing
> can hear commands from teammates without earpro with comms and without the EEEEEEE
> can listen for anybody that needs help or other potential threats without earpro/EEEEEE
>>
>>29344273

+1 upboat
>>
>>29344273
> removes muzzle flash
why would they worry about that in the middle of the day?
> reduces concussion blast
who's getting the concussion?
> preserves/reduces damage to bystanders' hearing
you dont go deaf for life after a few pot shots
> can listen for anybody that needs help
I dont know if you know this but helping others in that situation is one of the last priorities on their list
>>
>>29344339
You're just being a cunt now.
>>
>>29344236

I've been in 2 serious combat situations during deployment. I'm almost deaf on the right side now, and have a permanent, flexible tinnitus on both. Haven't been wearing any ear protection.

That's the actual reason for silencers.
>>
>>29344339
yurofag pls leave
>>
Could be less frightening to bystanders

Can identify who's shooting if there are baddies running around with guns too

It's quieter, duh.
>>
>>29344347
kinda true though cept #2 which i was only making fun of cause #3 is the exact same thing
>>
>>29344273
Do you think it would make sense to integrate supressors on some guns?
>>
>>29344426
No. History has tried that and we are still where we are at the moment
>>
>>29344426
Depends on the situation and rifle but for CQE/SF/SWAT type of stuff, yes
>>
>>29344339
sigh
>why would they worry about that in the middle of the day?
If it's indoors then low-light vision becomes important
>who's getting the concussion?
Nobody. Concussion refers to a kind of impact. In this case it's the disorienting effect of a gun going off in close quarters. Most notably, if your buddy is shooting over your shoulder.
>I dont know if you know this but helping others in that situation is one of the last priorities on their list
If you're SWAT, helping people is the actual objective, killing bad guys is just the means of doing it.

Alternately, your eyes can only see in front of you while your ears hear from all 360 degrees.

>>29344348
ouch

you getting treatment?
>>
>>29344339
>you dont go deaf for life after a few pot shots
yes, you don't go deaf.
BUT, you will enjoy this lovely EEEEEEEE!!! for the rest of your fucking life.

tl;dr: you're a noguns moron
>>
>>29344236
Gunfire is fucking terrifying if you aren't used to it, and suppressed gunfire is slightly less so.
>>
>>29344339
Noguns pls go
>>
>>29344339
1) in situations like this you can go from a well lit terminal, to clearing a dark room
2) ever heard of squad formations and revealing your position by kicking up dust/dirt/light debri
3)few pot shots, sure, but full auto fire between all parties, won't walk away from that with your hearing completely normal.
4) ever heard of clear and assist?
>>
>get up, have coffee
>turn on PC
>MASS TERROR ATTACK BRUSSELS
>go to the one place I know I will get second to second high speed high info discussion, complete with links and updates by Eurofriends who live there
>see jack and shit

Is this as close as /k/ is permitted to discussing an active-shooter situation? That used to be our bread and butter. The fuck? have the mods broken our spirit to the point where we're self censoring, or have they just been deleting shit all morning?
>>
File: 1456673261872.jpg (9 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1456673261872.jpg
9 KB, 200x150
>>29344236
You and your pals have silencers so you know if you hear a supressed shot its probably not a bad guy shooting at you.
If you hear a non supressed shot it's likely a bad guy

thats one good reason
>>
>>29344339
>you dont go deaf for life after a few pot shots
they dont know how many shots theyre going to fire going in you wanker
>>
>>29344562
they will delete the thread
>>
>>29344584
Fuck them. Then make another. /pol/ is a seething shithole and no serious discussion is to be had there.
>>
>>29344598
thats what i dont get. its directly related to weapons and nothing gets done on /pol/
>>
>>29344566
this
>>29344570
"K guys we're going to fire exactly 12 shots, you here that 12, not 10, not 11, not fucking 13"
>>
So they don't make everyone around them go deaf
>>
>>29344236

How about this, why do you think they used suppression?

> inb4 trump illuminati false flag because lbgt tolerant Islam loves the west and America
>>
File: masochistic hell.jpg (36 KB, 476x353) Image search: [Google]
masochistic hell.jpg
36 KB, 476x353
>>29344339
>give me reasons
>not those reasons those are bad reasons
OP you are such a faggot
>>
>>29344555
#1 its an outdoor train station. Look at the pic
#2 first part holds water but second does not for this situation as you're in a crowded train station and the only guy with a gun
#3 You would have to be standing right by a muzzle and even with a silencer it would kill your ears. I also believe the term is " EVERYBODY DOWN "
#4 yes and thats the point I made. they arent listening for people to assist while engaged in a shoot out. Ive sat down with these retards and listen to them yammer on about " stay the fuck away from me till we neutralize the threat". didnt sound like they wanted to listen to me yell for help while someone is shooting at them. youre reply even plays into that by not being assist and clear. Once the threat is neutralized then your silencer isnt gonna matter

None of this even matters though because that gun isnt gonna stop a bomb from going off. then the blast will 1) blind you 2) kick up debris 3) kill you and your hearing 4) clear your limbs from your body
>>
>>29344604
The new mods what this place to be more like Reddit I guess, with a real strict idea of what's permissible on each board. All I know is /k/ is never good when asshurt mods put up a second sticky
>>
>>29344236
Shit, was pic related taken at Hoofddorp station today?
I would have loved to have seen the operators
>>
>>29344236
Is that imagine the Netherlands or Belgium? I recognize the train.
>>
File: the feel is gone.jpg (43 KB, 604x397) Image search: [Google]
the feel is gone.jpg
43 KB, 604x397
>>29344711
Belgium. Turn on the news, dude.

>>29344562
>>29344598
I think we should get some group together to go on /qa/ and bitch about it. Nobody really gained from it. /pol/ still bleeds over, albeit less. However, now about a third of the content on the board is verboten, which is maybe understandable on these situations but is entirely detrimental when it comes to gun laws.

Seriously, how many people here came here to troll or on a lark hating guns, sat down, and got the information and arguments they needed to love guns? I know that happened to me. I still have the specific series of images that did it. There used to be a nuance and total knowledge of it here that you will never, ever get on /pol/, and I'm sorry but it is entirely a huge part of weapons ownership and our culture. You HAVE to know these things. It should be allowed. Fuck these mods.
>>
File: Designer Jeans.jpg (77 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Designer Jeans.jpg
77 KB, 600x1067
>>29344687
>I would have loved to have seen the operators

Here's another pic from Hoofddorp.
>>
>>29344236
SORRY WHAT WAS YOUR QUESTION THERES SOME DUDE SHOOTING IN HERE
>>
File: 21866309.jpg (137 KB, 628x418) Image search: [Google]
21866309.jpg
137 KB, 628x418
>>29344426
>>
>>29344840
>>29344687
>>29344236
what happened in hoofddorp?
>>
>>29344884
Religion of peace
>>
>>29344763
That's a dutch train fyi. Station was Hoogendorp.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-22-18-42-50.png (164 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-22-18-42-50.png
164 KB, 540x960
>>29344894
It was Hoofddorp though.
>>
>>29344884
Nothing really I think. Its just an international train from Brussels had just arrived there from what I've heard.
>>
>>29344894
Oh, thanks for the correction. It's hard to be sure anymore with how crazy shit has been today, or the past couple months. Fuck these times.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.