[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how do you go about cleaning an AR I got alot of wolf for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: shouldicleanmygun.jpg (142 KB, 597x890) Image search: [Google]
shouldicleanmygun.jpg
142 KB, 597x890
So how do you go about cleaning an AR I got alot of wolf for really cheep and forgot to clean it after shooting it all up. I have kinda left it sitting for a few months and am getting worried
>>
dont worry about it
>>
>>29341495
itll be fine. if youre that worried about it just youtube it and find a video to show you how to field strip your ar. if you cant pull that much off you probably shouldnt own a firearm.
>>
>>29341504
So I can just close it back up and clean some other time after a few more range trips?
>>
>>29341495
>can't figure out how to clean an ar
Why do you own guns?

Rags, Q Tips, a bore snake, some solvent and some oil.

Remove takedown pins, pull out charging handle and bolt.

Apply solvent to rags, wipe down surfaces. Do your best to clean out the star chamber and the bolt face. Be as autistic as you want about it, but the main point is to clean any moving parts. After you've done that, apply a LIGHT coat of oil to moving parts.

Dip the brushes of the boresnake in solvent, and the end in oil. Run it through the barrel.

Bam, clean AR.
>>
>>29341495
first off stop using mobile 1 synthetic grease as lube. grease is terrible for ar's cause it dries up and gums up the action and attracts carbon and dirt.
>>
>>29341549

OP this tripfag is lying.

Just spray WD-40 all inside and it'll be fine. Self cleans too if you shoot it wet.
>>
>>29341495
You fucking clean it. Holy shit learn your weapon before you use it. Lots of Hoppes and scrubbing are in your future. Don't forget to lube and don't forget your gas tube you worthless subhuman
>>
You're not shooting corrosive, cleaning isn't really that important, just spray some lube where you see wear, maybe.
>>
>>29341564

Fuck off dipshit. The gun will function fine if it's dirty. Just because the guy has 400 rounds of wolf in the action doesn't mean his shit's going to seize up.

I swear to God half of you put more wear on your guns cleaning them obsessively than you do shooting them.
>>
File: BrokenBolt.jpg (48 KB, 338x253) Image search: [Google]
BrokenBolt.jpg
48 KB, 338x253
>>29341557
Thank you the WD-40 worked great. I got both halfs of the bolt out and they cleaned right up!
>>
File: 1444592633886.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1444592633886.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>29341595
This, army tier cleaning is retarded, I use really foul chinese shit in my sks and it rusts in less than 24h is I don't do jack. My routine is taking the rifle in the shower, wiping it down the spraying cheap clp. I'll run one patch down the bore if I can find my rods.
>>
>>29341595

This.

It's not a meme either, I'd say it's around the 800-1000 round mark where you should be cleaning your AR.
>>
>>29341596
B8
>>
>>29341618
After I take my rifle into the shower, I make it a nice dinner, coat my dick in Hoppes, and fuck the chamber until it's spotless.
>>
>>29341710
you never were in the military if you don't know what I'm talking about.
>not that I care, but it's true.
>>
>>29341734
I was merely trying to play off of the idea of taking your rifle into the shower with you by appending information that would suggest a sexual relationship with aforementioned rifle. I did not intent to suggest that one way was better than the other.
>>
>>29341734
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>29341495
What I used to do in the infantry and still do today.

1. Make sure I have boresnake, scraper tool (tiny knife), too much CLP, five dirty rags, handfuls of q-tips, AP brush, wire brush, green scratchy pad.
2. Disassemble rifle, including BCG.
3. Lay parts on a surface that will soon end up ruined from CLP.
4. Douse all parts with too much CLP.
5. Drink a soda or beer or something.
6. Scrub off/scrub out all caked carbon with scraper tool, then wire brush, then green scratchy pad.
7. Douse everything with too much CLP again.
8. Clean everything meticulously with AP brush and dirty rags. Boresnake barrel 10x.
9. Douse everything with too much CLP again.
10. Clean off/clean out every crack/crevice with dirty rags and q-tips.
11. Check all hidden crevices for pristine-ness with bent q-tips.

Repeat 8-11 as needed.
The chamber is going to be the real bitch, here. Just look at it, then your tools, then at it again for a while and you'll figure out what to do.
>>
>>29341495
Are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>29343030
Also if you're not moving that AP brush back and forth furiously, like a chinese slave avoiding torture, then you're not doing it right. Those brushes only really work when used furiously.
>>
>>29343042
If you chucked one up in a drill would it work well, do you think? Not planning on this just curious.
>>
>I-it's a closed system!
>ARs never get dirty!
>>
File: IMG_20160309_180311.jpg (267 KB, 1079x1431) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160309_180311.jpg
267 KB, 1079x1431
>>29341495
Throw it in da gutter an go buy anutter
>>
>>29341596
Come on m8. At least put a little effort into your b8. Maybe change the file name next time?
>>
>>29341557
>Just spray WD-40 all inside and it'll be fine. Self cleans too if you shoot it wet.

i really want to see someone do this
>>
>>29343030
Underrated post
>>
>>29341495
I would probably hit it with a can of brake cleaner or gun scrubber (same stuff either way), then shoot some oil on everything, good to go.
>>
throw it in a barrel of biodiesel
>>
>>29341495

Step 1) Unload and clear chamber.

Or we'll be reading about yet another dumb redneck gun cleaning accident.
>>
>>29343030

>Scraper tool

Incorrect.

Everything you learned about weapon maintenance while you were in the military is fucking wrong. The Infantry literally put more wear on their weapons cleaning them like tards with things like stainless steel picks than they do shooting them.
>>
>>29346076

You say that like we have a choice, pog.
>>
toss bcg in my ultra sonic

brake cleaner blast my upper and lower

Hoppes it down
snake it
slip2000 it up.

put back together.
>>
>>29348813
>snake it
You do realize that removes like...dick-all in the way of copper fouling, right?

Not sayin' you're gonna KB or anything but your accuracy is definitely gonna suffer.
>>
>>29341734
getting your weapon wet is a retarded idea.

too much fine dust in Iraq and Afghanistan. you'll get mud inside your weapon before you can dry it out and oil it.

I just kept my M16a4 bare when not outside the wire. So I could just use an air compressor to blow out the dust daily.
>>
>>29348855
i only clean with a copper remover every 1000 rds.

or when accuracy drops off.

I use a foaming copper solvent, followed by some patches with safari land no 10.
>>
>>29348857
Actually he was right. If you take your rifle into a shower at max hot water ot cleans all the crap out fast and the heat makes the water dry fast so it doesnt rust.
That being said, you would have to be a total fucking moron to do that outsode of garrison. Your ttp was good.
I put 100mhr tape on the gap between upper and lower and put a peice over the mag well. When I went off base the tape came off and a mag went in.
>>
>>29341625
What about all that black soot in the barrel? Isn't that a problem?
>>
>>29341557
yeah shoot it wet with wd40 and watch the flames. wd40 is super flammable you troll.
>>
>>29341618
Someone have the copypasta about the DI making scrubs strip all the chrome outta the barrel or something. Maybe it was something else. Can't into remember.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.