[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's with this OPERATOR fad? Do people seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 205x246
So, what's with this OPERATOR fad?

Do people seriously think that owning a rifle and body-armor makes them an operator? Seriously? Or is it simply role-playing a soldier boy fantasy?

Last I knew only Tier 1 Special Forces soldiers can be designated as Operators.

What gives? Is this the Reddit trying to troll me?
>>
>>29339484
>>>/trash/
>>
Dunno, op. I was thinking about something similar today, I never heard the term operator until I started reading this board. Remember when the buzzword was 'warfighter'?
>>
>>29339951
Hes right tho. Lo o m at nutnfancy. Hes the typical operatorfag in any gunclub. Thers this group about 4 early 20's click at my club who talk about gear and tactics like gamers would of call of duty or pokemon cards. Its cringy as fuck.
>>
>>29339484
>tier 1

when will this meme end, nobody says that ever in real life.
>>
>>29341164
how dare she have interests other than girl stuff
>>
>>29339951
Please don't link that. Every time I just end up jerking off and feeling dirty

>>29341451
I think he meant Clique but his severe retardation got to him.
>>
>>29339951
>>>/trash/
>wtf? that's a board? don't see it in the board list
>go there
>all furry shit
>trash

trash seems like a good place for furry shit.
>>
>>29339484
>Tier 1 Special Forces
So we're living in video games now? What's with all this tier shit anyway? Reality isn't like that anon!
>>
>>29339484
its mostly cosplay, but your plates will still stop a bullet whereas a starfleet sweater isnt good for anything but birth control. i guess some guys think theyre operators for real but theres people like that with any hobby
>>
>>29341439

Brazilian Combat Diver here.
I participated in joint training exercises with the SAS and the Delta Force.

Nobody ever calls themselves Operators.

Ever.
>>
>>29343557
I hear it's more of a police term for SWATicool guys IRL that aren't really in SWAT.

Are you really a Combat Diver? What's that? Is that like a Navy Seal? Can you post some proof?
>>
>>29343566
"Amphibious Commando" is the correct term, I just go ahead and say "Combat Diver" instead of Commando because I think that in English speaking countries the word "Commando" causes people to think of Arnold Schwarzenegger or think you are silly.

Our equivalent to the SEAL is the GRUMEC (Russian sounding names are awesome).

I don't know what you qualify as proof. I could post a pic of myself and blank out my face, but it's not like you'd think as valid. And it's not like I'm even dreaming of posting my military ID, visa or whatever, this is 4chan after all. I don't even know why I mentioned it in the first place, to try and prove I've been around SF people I guess.
>>
Best part about being in a country with conscription is that you become automatically much more operator than your average /k/-user
>>
>>29343617
I would actually be interested in a picture of your gear, scuba and weapons.

What kind of rebreathers do you use? At what depth do you operate (kek) ? Can you speak to dolphins? In Portuguese?
>>
>>29343557
Delta calls themselves operators... That's literally their term
>>
>>29343688
Please we all know he is lying. And to OP there's a lot of veterans on here. 11b fag over here.
>>
>>29343659

I assume you are talking about me (The Amphibious Commando guy). cuz over here we got conscription.

I wasn't really conscripted. We go have to present ourselves for mandatory recruitment at age 18, but at this time and age they just ask you if you'd like to be conscripted, if you refuse you go home, if you say yes you go to boot camp. You can only get up to Corporal as a conscript tho, maybe Sergeant if you really push it.

After that I applied (did a test) to join the Marine Corps academy (Officer School). The term "Marine" in Brazilian refers interchangeably to Navy Infantry and the Marine Corps as you guy know it. Everyone in the navy starts as a Marine then gets promoted to something else (Amphibious Commando, Naval Intelligence, etc.) Difference is conscripts start as privates, and those from Officer School start as Lieutenants.

So not really conscription.

>>29343688

I'mma answer to the serious part of your question. Gear is manufactured by IMBEL, I don't know the specs, they never told us. Weaponry is standard issue Brazilian Military. For the most part FALs with a cheap Taurus 1911/M92F copy in 9mm or Glocks in .40S&W.

FALs ( refered to as IMBEL ParaFAL) are for land operations, they're the 5.56 version of the regular FAl, tho these are being replaced by the IMB IA2.

Once we move into Amphibious Ops, it's the M4/M16A2/MP5 pratically every SOF unit in the world uses.

>>29343696
Might be the case, never heard it. Refer to themselves as Delta Force or by rank.

SAS refer to themselves as Chaps, Lads and Boys, which is comical.
>>29343696
>>
>>29343770
What kind of stuff you guys do over there? Did/do, not sure since you give up the vibe you don't do that shit anymore.

I was under the impression Brazil didn't have any enemies or whatever.
>>
>Might be the case, never heard it. Refer to themselves as Delta Force or by rank.

Just stop while you're ahead. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>29343783

At the time I was in active duty it was mostly border patrol, a fuckton of training exercises and watching out for drug runners. Back then it was a different government so we did a lot of OPs dismantling FARC operations in our borders, or pushing out Venezuelan/Bolivian/Colombian drug, smuggling or para-military operations/groups.

Now a days I work for the UN and don't live in Brazil anymore, and today Brazil is ruled by a shitty shaddy left-wing government that sympathizes with everyone we used to go after back then, so I have no idea what our SOF is up to.
>>
>>29339484
Spec Ops= Special Operations

Is it not the logical next step to call them Operators?
>>
>>29343817
It's logical to call Special Ops guys Operators, yes.

It's not logical for civilians to call themselves Operators just because they own a pimped out AR or AK.
>>
>>29343801
Everything that guy said makes sense tho. But yeah he might've read up on it at the internet, but I have no clue why he would pretend to be a Special Forces guy from a shitty as country. It's like taking pride for being Mexican or Uganda Special Forces, nobody does it
>>
>>29343825
Yeah...it's basically people calling themselves that to sound/ look cool. Its the same as using buzzwords like tactical, and assault. Both words have real-world definition, but they're never used in the correct context
>>
>>29339484
It's literally just a 4Chan thing.

Fat neckbeards want to play soldier.
>>
>>29339484
People think soldiers are badass so they want to be like them. Just look at the slashed doublet trend of the 1600s. Same thing.

People want to feel tough. Especially when they're kinda wimpy.

Anyhow, as long as they're conscious about gun safety and don't spend ALL their money I don't see a reason to care.
>>
>>29339484

Because people want to wear that shit
>>
>>29343848
>>29343903

Thing is... it's happens outside 4chan.

You go to a shooting range, a gun club, a gun store... there will ALWAYS be a tatical wannabe with an $8000 custom AR using tatical lingo as if he knows what he is doing.

I went into a gun store to buy a .357 and one of these guys literally gave me shit for buying "a heavy clunky gun that has no tatical value". Then he dropped the Operator bomb.

What the hell.
>>
>>29343566

Combat divers are an engineering trade.

Mostly recon of bridging sites, inspection, some EOD, etc.

Clearance divers do most of the underwater EOD though.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.