[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we end the Combine invasion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 34
How do we end the Combine invasion?
>>
Just need a crowbar. Lugging around a garden gnome and launching it into space is purely optional.
>>
>>29331275
have the G-man send Gordon to the the Combine homeworld, obviously
>>
>>29331294
Sorry, pay the G-man to send Gordon Freeman to the Combine homeworld.
>>
File: USPMATCH.jpg (25 KB, 600x358) Image search: [Google]
USPMATCH.jpg
25 KB, 600x358
>>29331275
start passing out USPmatch pistols and AR3's
>>
Surrender and join the Universal Union of species.
>>
>>29331309
BREEN DINDU NUFFIN
HE WUZ A GUD BOY
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>29331275
It's simple... we kill Gabe.
>>
>>29331360
[sarcasm] no then half life 3 won't come out!
>>
>>29331275
I really wonder what actually happened during the 7 hours war...sadly we will never know
>>
>>29331275
Basically how it was done in HL2.
Keep it low and hit where they hurt.
Also bring a mute madman with a steel crowbar and a Ph.D in smashing ayy.
>>
File: jeff1_1249414998_crop_550x361.jpg (68 KB, 550x361) Image search: [Google]
jeff1_1249414998_crop_550x361.jpg
68 KB, 550x361
From the moment they breathed our air and drank our water, they were doomed.
>>
File: MG42_Feldlafette.jpg (2 MB, 2976x2480) Image search: [Google]
MG42_Feldlafette.jpg
2 MB, 2976x2480
Moar of these, the Combine can't match Kraut Space Magic.
>>
Air drop propaganda leaflets and AR15's over occupied territories.

Install rebel plants and organizers/instigators among the combine.
>>
You cant. One of the things I liked about HL2 was that we only see an absolute bare minimum skeleton crew of co-opted species. Hunters, striders, gunships, are all the combine equivalent of mallcops or night watchmen. An actual combine military incursion is implied to be utterly unstoppable. Even the Nihilanth was running from them and he enslaved the vortigaunts without much effort.
>>
By releasing HL3
>>
>>29331641
The vortigaunts did not have M4 Carbines.
>>
>>29331645
no but they had force lightening, which is way better
>>
>>29331303
How're we gonna kill those damn hunters without AR2s though? Our bare hands!?!
>>
>>29331645
>>29331655
An M4 with an underslung force lightning projector?
>>
>>29331655
>no but they had force lightening, which is way better
>Not running around in a gimp suit fighting aliens

It's like you don't even fetish.
>>
>>29331641
Yeah, I really liked that aspect too. Really made the world a lot more hopeless.
>>
>>29331275
>be alt Cave Johnson
>treat employees less like shit
>get moon cancer anyway
>they actually finish AI before I die
>pour me into Computerized Administration Virtual Executive Disk Operating System

>be CAVEDOS
>continue science in secret
>years pass
>anomaly detected
>US govt struggling to contain portal storms & Xen migration
>Black Mesa blamed, nuked
>Aperture wins unlimited public funding
>turrets, intelligent walls, cake for all
>cities fortified, millions saved
>Combine attacks
>unleash goddamn miracles
>striders+blue gel=comedy gold
>Animal Kings lay siege to Citadels
>nukes and portal guns
>Combine retreats
>press the advantage
>The Universal Union: under new management
>Enrichment Center 17 open for business
>>
Lift the control panel.
>>
Press E
>>
>>29331934
This is my fetish.

Provided it get rewarded afterwords with spankings, bondage and blowjobs.
>>
>>29331777
Oh please, don't you know how we used to kill Hunters? Well we sure as heck didn't use guns! We would wrestle Hunters to the ground with our bare hands! I would get ten, twenty a day, just using my fists.
>>
>>29332443
Don't you have to reseal and sterilize your suit while the protagonist downs the giant walker?
>>
File: 1453251572778.jpg (19 KB, 200x238) Image search: [Google]
1453251572778.jpg
19 KB, 200x238
>>29332443
W-well, maybe you should be patrolling the perimeter if you can kill one bare-handed
>>
you don't
>>
>>29331360
Chain his fatass to a computer, rape and beat him daily until he learns how to count to three.
Release him with the knowledge that it can happen again at any time unless halflife 3 is completed.
>>
>>29331399
>not playing opposing force when it came out in the 00's

They sent in the marines. They all died, so they sent in everyone else. They all died too. So they nuked the portal at ground zero (black mesa). It didn't work.
>>
File: 1450676306158.jpg (27 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1450676306158.jpg
27 KB, 401x372
>Reminding me that half life 3 will never, ever, ever, EVER be released
>Bringing me back to my high school gaming nostalgia memories
>Inadvertently reminding me that battlefield 2143 will never be released

God I miss gaming. I bought a PS3 and PS4 and the only game I enjoyed was dead space.
I am just a cynical old fuck?
>>
>>29333102
Judging by BF3 and BF4, BF2143 would be awful.

There is always ARMA 2/3 and Squad.
>>
>>29333065
It was a very specific (fictional) unit of Marines, possibly Division sized, and some probably survived. Lot's of personnel survived as well.
>>
>>29333065
That wasn't the 7 hour war. The 7 hour war is what happened when the portal storms caused by black mesa being nuked allows combine forces to flood out of portals all over the world and forcing all the world militarys to surrender, hence the theory that the lighting bugmen that the marine (cpt. shepard?) in Opfor faced were a recon force of the combine. We never see the actual war because both gordon and the marine are in stasis and barney is afk by that point.
>>
>>29332227
You. I like you.
>>
>>29333155
>>29333210
>>29333155
You're right actually, havent played in forever.
The black mesa incident was just the nihilanth trying to get back the crystals that humanity accidentally stole, possibly due to manipulations of the G-man, the only entity besides the combine the nihilanth is scared of.

So its implied that the black mesa incident was fairly regional and simply opened the door for a SECOND incursion, that being the combine.

It musta been pretty fucking impressive considering the ocean is about 100 feet shallower, and earths entire ecosystem has been subverted by various xen-reality vermin.

I was floored by how at the end of HL2 you finally summit the citadel, this imposing bizarre surreal monument to alien dominance, look through the portal, and see the hazy outline of literally dozens more citadels and realize, only a tiny splinter of the combine power has been used to almost obliterate humanity effortlessly.

It always did bother me that CPL Sheppard never got to appear again, fuck, atleast have an easter egg where like, some guy named sheppard is training resistance members, walking around doing the whole DI bit or something.

I grew up playing halflife and gabe selling out on his fans really hit me hard. It was the first time a thing I really liked decided to stop being cool in order to chase money.
>>
File: hall-of-implication.jpg (177 KB, 900x911) Image search: [Google]
hall-of-implication.jpg
177 KB, 900x911
>>29332556
LOLWUT? no thanks senpai, I'm a radio operator
>>
>>29333252
I like to think that Sheppard got deployed to C17 a few days before Gordon did, since I recall that in HL2 Vance and the rest have recently had a huge unprecedented breakthrough in teleportation tech when Gordon shows up. Sheppard is the only known person to have a handheld teleporter in his possession, so maybe him showing up was the breakthrough. Regardless, in my head canon, while Gordon is trapped between portals for like ten days, there's one dude with an MP5, faded 30 year old urban camo bdus and a battery-powered ALICE vest that's running around making sure the resistance doesn't end prematurely.
>>
File: salvvery.jpg (332 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
salvvery.jpg
332 KB, 1680x1050
>>29333330
>those almost sextups

But yeah, he's likely just at one of the many other cities. Maybe even in the former US, seeing as though Gordon's in Lithuania or Latvia or some shit.
>>
>>29333330
>>29333374
Yeah, makes sense.
Especially considering that CPL sheppards handheld teleporter is preciseley the reason the combine have such a hard on for humanity.

The combine can only go from one universe to another but havent mastered how to teleport between two points in the same universe.

A handheld device that can teleport both between two universes, and between two points in the same universe is preciseley why
A) the combine are even interested in human technology
B) the only reason CPL Sheppard was any interest to the G man

(Eli Vance also implies that the G man has been heavily involved with him, and the vortigaunts obviously know of the G man, what do all these charecters have in common? Control of same universe point to point teleportation)

My opinion? The G-man is just a psuedopod of another organization that is playing humanity against the combine in an attempt to prevent either from gaining an advanced grasp of the technology.
>>
File: 800px-Opposing_Force_intro.jpg (100 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-Opposing_Force_intro.jpg
100 KB, 800x600
>tfw when you'll never be a part of HECU flying in Osprey over New Mexico
why even live
>>
>>29333374

A bunch of people theorized that City 17 was in the Ukraine, and the city itself was Sevastopol.

Weirdly enough, the helicopter at the end of Episode 2 has Vietnamese Army markings on it.
>>
>>29333513
Spent my whole childhood thinking ospreys had sliding side doors like a blackhawk because of this fucking game.
>>
>>29333252
>CPL Sheppard easter egg
He had one in Portal. All the keyboards in Aperture have certain highlighted orange keys

>dozens more citadels
According to the original script outline several major cities became havens for people escaping Portal storm Xen shit. After a year or so they died down. That's when a 1000' wide, 1/2 mile deep chunk suddenly vanished from every city center and was quickly replaced with a fat teleporting citadel ass. Then the 7 hour war happened. So cities all over the world had Citadels appear.
>>
>>29333374
Viktor Antonov the art director for HL2 is Bulgarian and based City 17 and other stuff off places in Bulgaria
>>
File: combines invading.jpg (390 KB, 942x458) Image search: [Google]
combines invading.jpg
390 KB, 942x458
>>29331275
scorched earth
>>
>>29333566
well, wouldn't be it goddamn amazing
>>
>>29333569

>He had one in Portal.

Wasn't there a theory where Shepard was the rat man?

>So cities all over the world had Citadels appear.

This, City 17 is one of many cities the Combine established, but with the Citadel of City 17 was both the communications hub for all of the Babby-Citadels and the main supply route between Earth and Combineland.

So now in the story, the Combine on Earth are all stranded, and now it'll be an effort to liberate all of the other cities and destroy what remains of the Overwatch forces on Earth with conventional rebel forces and Metropolitan Police that defected with their equipment.
>>
A vidya thread without shitposting. This is what I wish /v/ was like.
>>
>>29333686
It's a fact that all of the best discussion of one boards topics happen on a different board. I have had great /a/ related discussions on /sp/.
>>
>>29333621

>Wasn't there a theory where Shepard was the rat man?

That's the first I ever heard about it. The Rat Man was a scientist who worked at Aperture during the whole neurotoxin disaster and managed to survive well after the events of Portal.
>>
>>29333597
its not like theyre coming here for our natural resources, but even if they were...

youre a cheeky fucking cunt ill give you that
>>
>>29333748

Hmm. Just realized that I know a fuckton of HL canon but not a lot on the Portal side.

>>29333761

There is tons of evidence in HL2 that the Combine were terraforming the earth, the most substantial of which is that sea level in the game is whole lot lower than normal.
>>
>>29333771
Hm, I thought it was just for slaves or to establish a new colony/homeworld.
I wonder what they were looking for.
>>
>>29333761
>>29333771

As far as I know, the terraforming was only mentioned in the artbook "Raising the Bar" which included the Air Exchange, which they cut for HL2. While there's no real evidence for any terraforming in the game, it is quite clear that they are harvesting Earth for resources; the ocean is being drained and mankind is forced into either lobotomized servitude as slaves or slightly less lobotomized servitude as soldiers. Who knows what else the Combine are doing on Earth or its resources. It wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to fit laser turrets on elephants.
>>
File: 1404404456659.jpg (140 KB, 1196x444) Image search: [Google]
1404404456659.jpg
140 KB, 1196x444
>>
>>29333902

Atleast you got to elect your Administrator.
>>
File: 1443727509213.jpg (119 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
1443727509213.jpg
119 KB, 600x446
>>29333902
>>
>>29331620
>>
>>29333621
>Wasn't there a theory where Shepard was the rat man?
There were a million theories back in 2010 just before #2 came out. Now we all know he was just a lab tech with psychosis. In my mind Shepard's still in limbo until he saves Gordon by roundhouse kicking a hunter.

>Babby-Citadels
Oh, didn't think of that. I thought they all had interdimensional teleport abilities, because it's how they got here and they all seem to be running their own harvest & shipping operations (the ocean drainer, sending Overwatch troops to other worlds, etc.). it's just that wrecking City 17's citadel knocked out the others on Earth because they shared a travel conduit. Think of a bunch of computers hooked to one router, and one gets hit with a taser, downing the local network. Either way works.

The
>>
>>29333330
>Equipping the resistance with full-on "Be All You Can Be" PASGT's and ALICE gear driving re-captured M1A1's in M81 paint.
It's gonna get pretty fucking comfy in here.
>>
>>29333507

but didn't he contract out Aperture to develop the portal gun? at least I think that's what the wiki said
>>
File: off the cliff you go.webm (3 MB, 768x390) Image search: [Google]
off the cliff you go.webm
3 MB, 768x390
>>29334071

Modern (in the 2000s) armor got BTFO by the Combine in the 7 hour war, I can see the rebs restoring some vehicles and nigger rigging some combine-alloy armor onto them though.
>>
>>29334156

what game is that?
>>
>>29334168

War Thunder.

Don't play it.
>>
>>29334076
The portal gun was developed from a fever dream about the future of shower curtains. I've never heard of G-Man contracting it.

>>29333686
In most places owning guns requires an individual to be of a certain age, pass background checks and have a decent job to pay for items retailing for hundreds of dollars. It's not a perfect filter but most shitposters are noguns.
>>
>>29334168
Whore Thunder
Stay away. I played it for fucking ever and it's gotten sour.

Before that it was WoT before it got bloated and clunky, happened about a week after they added physics.
>>
>>29333810
In cannon it was two things
1: Teleportation tech. combine portals are bulky and energy costly, plus can only send from one universe to another, and cannot send from within the universe they are already in. Its implied by pre-HL2 cannon that the G-man heavily manipulated black mesa researchers into stealing tech from the nihilanth who was being pursued by the combine for posessing such tech. The black mesa incident was almost entirely just the nihilanth trying to get the shit we stole back because if the combine got it they could get to him.
2) there was an entire section of story cut from HL2 in which gordon takes out a terraforming station that was teleporting earths oceans somewhere else and also converting earths ecology into a combine friendly environment.
>>
How would you more effectively arm the combine overwatch soldier?
>>
>>29336794
-You know those enemy-homing ricocheting one-hit-kill disruption orbs the pulse rifle fires? Give every elite soldier 10 of them.
-Add a scope to the pulse rifle
-make a squad auto variant pulse rifle that holds more than 90 rounds
-Use poison gas grenades, none of the rebels have gas masks.
-Hang gas grenades from manhacks, time delay when deploying=clear tunnels
-More turrets
-Radio silence would help
-Issue Saiga 12s with 12 round drum magazines and adjustable chokes
-Better close combat training
>>
>>29337755
>-Better close combat training

kek

or better, anti crowbar armour ammarite?
>>
>>29337755
speaking of poison gas
Hl2 would have had poisonous air and a filter system not common to Metro would probably have been in place which makes sense for the combine soldiers to have gas masks
>>
>>29337755
this
>>
>>29334071

Funny story, the original HL2 story was going to have "Combine Conscripts" that used repurposed gear including an M1A1 that was used during the time period of the Seven Hour War. Gordon would later get these guys helping him fight the Combine.
>>
>>29339080
Is the original story available anywhere? People always talk about shit like this. (there being a BTR model in game does back you up though)
>>
>>29334183
>WoT got sour after they added physics

#justtomatothings

WoT has been dead since mid 2014, dude, catch up.

WT has been digging it's own grave since tanks released.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDqhw04BjWc
On surround sound these are truly terrifying.

Can you imagine being trapped in a small building in the wilderness with something you can't even see stomping around outside making these noises?
>You don't know if it's hunting you, or just patroling the woods you are in
>All you can see is the occasional shadow through the gaps in the boards
>The sounds happen randomly at random distances every few minutes
>One second it sounds a mile away
>Suddenly it's 2 feet away on the other side of the wall your leaning against.
>screaming at the back of your head
>After 30+ hours it suddenly stops
>You sit there for over 2 days afraid that it's just waiting
>PTSD ahoy
>>
Hunter-choppers should be a thing
>>
>>29333851
they werent doing that in episode 2? i feel like they were
maybe im thinking of that ps3 resistance game
>>
File: 1421659191226.gif (152 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1421659191226.gif
152 KB, 400x267
>>29339522
>mfw been playing WoT since beta
>still tomato
>>
>>29333686
Oddly enough, some of the best warplane and gun threads I've seen were on /v/. Makes you think.
>>
File: 1457248682999.jpg (16 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
1457248682999.jpg
16 KB, 281x349
>>29333102
>I am just a cynical old fuck?
Nah. AAA games have been pretty awful for a while now. There's a few gems here and there but it seems like they're smaller games, but I miss the days when huge game releases were actually fun. But then again, maybe I'm just a cynical old fuck too. I bought MGS V and thought it was meh and forgettable. Then I bought Fallout 4 which I was really, really looking forward to, but found it disappointing and just stopped playing it without beating it. Played the Star Wars Battlefront Beta, and got bored within an hour. :^(
>>
>>29333549
Surplus gets around man.
>>
>>29341187
>AAA games suck now
2 reasons:
A) they are trying to appeal to a broader audience, so they tone everything down until 12 year olds can play it without difficulty or parental concern (make it less scary, easier simplistic mechanics, gore-less violence, fade away corpses, and simplistic plot) but dress it up in high end graphics and give it online play so it looks like a serious enough game to attract adults too. Destiny is one of the games that suffered from this "age range 10-35" thing. In reality its a kids game dressed up to look like a real game.
B) they are claiming games are AAA just because they spent a shitload of money making them. Just like movies, the budget does NOT garuntee a good product (lookin at destiny again. Literally half a billion dollar budget and it STILL needs 3 DLC's and countless patches to go from 6/10 to 7/10?)

Just like water world. Vastly over budget, supposedly a AAA movie, but nope. Shitty B list quality product.
>>
>>29339401
I wish you could drive it
>>
>>29339401
>original story available
HL2: Raising the Bar is pretty much it. It was full of cut content and dev notes.

I wish the conscripts were still a thing, it'd explain how the citizens could fight back so effectively. Most of these rebels wouldn't have had a single day of weapons training yet go 1 for 1 with Overwatch troops. The only issue would be their age since the 7 hour war was almost 20 years beforehand.
>>
>>29332227
yes,
>>
i see u browsing tnb babbies
i can feel u
>>
>>29333102

Nah, AAA games suck dick.

Hearts of Iron 4 soon anon.
>>
>>29339401

There's also a Cadillac V100 armored car in there, it was used as a wreck model in the game but some say it was supposed to be the Conscripts' version of the combine armored car.

>>29343635

SOON

Also Stellaris looks pretty cool. How could one company be so based?
>>
>>29342846

>Most of these rebels wouldn't have had a single day of weapons training yet go 1 for 1 with Overwatch troops.

The Overwatch didn't have the manpower to fight all the rebels that mobilized once Nova Prospekt blew, the main fighting force were the Metropolitan Police, which weren't that well trained either. (Remember them shooting MP7s from the hip?) And to top it off, once the Citadel blew, Barney referenced that they were defecting to the rebel side in droves.
>>
>>29343629

Burned 4 years of my life on a HL2RP server, and all I got from it is a bunch of canon knowledge and loads of educated conjecture.
>>
>>29343786
>educated
>HL2RP server
>>
>>29343762
>>29343635
>people actually excited for paradox games on 4chan

Maybe I've wasted too much time on the rat shit mess that is /gsg/, but this kinda blew my dick off
>>
>>29343911
This was before the age of the average player went down to 14, there used to be loads of threads about how the Resistance would train and equip, how they'd grow their food, and how City 17 would have collapsed, this wasn't in game mind, but it was still interesting as hell.

>>29343917
I know, eh? A lot of folks are miffed about HoI4 being more streamlined, but those are the people that never had to organize the Soviet Union's OOB in HoI3.

That and BlackICE breaks my savegames.
>>
>>29343936
i'd wager the average age across all servers was still 14, even in the 2008-2010 window when HL2RP wasn't just a byword for cops and robbers but with the CombineControl script.

for some reason (i guess accessibility and 'modability') gmod RP has always been a haven for devilishly autistic british & american teens, the thing with current HL2RP is that now it's all about catering to that core fanbase for donation money (see: dave brown's silicone tit fund) rather than trying to get some good RP in in spite of that core of messy diarrhea. it doesn't help that valve is never going to tie up the franchise, so every time a HL2RP is made the setting itself remains up in the air, consisting mostly of guess work and unable to advance in the storyline without shitty 'writers' concocting some elaborate post-combine mythos

on a lighter note, forgive my autismal response but bear with me while i propose an idea for a HL2RP that isn't the same old "wive in duh city and webel against duh combine while collecting wations" resistance and civs - combine and loyalists dichotomy:

>middle of the combine occupation, no jesus freeman
>follow a group of resistance fighters traveling around their dying world, no static city roleplay
>base it entirely around operating and on a number of different maps (CSGO assets give you a surprisingly large amount of locales with little modding effort), doing the things the resistance would be doing that never get any light, acquiring useful assets, moving people into the countryside, whatever, i'm bad at thinking of stuff that soldnermen would do
>use the combine as straight up overwatch throwaway antags instead of loosing people to their own devices and letting the 14 year old kids that want to be a metrocop sit in the nexus all day developing romance backstories with their 5'4 pink haired metrocop girlfriend and ERPing on steam while hiding in a corner

i dunno, that's just what i'd like to see
>>
>>29344037
2007-2010 rather, but still just a rough estimate, not implying that was some kind of strict golden age
>>
>>29344037
>>29344056

I guess I do view it through rose colored glasses sometimes.

While back I was on a server that ran with a premise similar to that, but it ended up dying due to low activity and a feud between a bunch of the remaining players.

Age of that gamemode is long past though, dozens of unpopulated servers and the ones that aren't bribe their babbys to stay with free auths and power fantasies.
>>
>>29344077
yeah, the big shit truth is that no matter how good an idea for a server is, the player is always gonna tear itself apart because it's not TnB

>power fantasies
the people still holding on to HL2RP are basically all about this. on TnB the people who have been around the longest are those who still think what they're contributing to is worthy of being a big part of their life. they scrap with each other like they're in game of thrones and getting to dictate how whatever shitty faction suits them should 'be like' is equivalent to the iron throne

rose-tinted glasses maybe, but i remember when large-scale 'drama' was kind of an exceptional thing, but now retarded machinations and autistic powerplays are ubiquitous in that shitstain of a community, and all the other gmod RP communities that forget it's all meant to be for fun
>>
>>29344112
playerbase is gonna tear itself apart* oops
>>
>>29337755
>-Use poison gas grenades, none of the rebels have gas masks.
-Hang gas grenades from manhacks, time delay when deploying=clear tunnels
I like your style
>>
Real talk.
Do we think HL3 will ever be released?
>>
>>29344310
No, Gaben is too busy getting fat stacks of cash from literally nothing.
>>
>>29344310

Maybe when the next source engine iteration comes out we might hear something, but probably not. No matter how good the game is, it couldn't live up to the hype and status it has already gotten.
>>
File: LEMONS.jpg (79 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
LEMONS.jpg
79 KB, 600x800
>>29332227
Cave always had the answer
>>
>>29344437
Chariots chariots
>>
>>29343936

This is a long-shot but you do not happen to have any of that written down? I love HL2 lore.
>>
>>29344437
To keep it weapons-ish: when writing that post I thought about how Aperture tech could have helped humanity during the portal storms and the seven hour war.

Walls: easy refugee shelters, makeshift cover, rapid defensive positions. They're also self-healing and endlessly modular.
Turrets: keeps Xen fauna & zombies away from cities. Later formed the bulk of humanity's defenses. Almost unlimited ammo, easy to mass produce and great singers. Just strap them to something sturdy so they don't fall over.
Thermal Discouragement Beam: it's a heat ray. Fire two across an open field near a city perimeter. One is 5' off the ground 50 yards out, another at 1' 40 yards out. Leave signs telling humans to duck and step over the beams. Zombies, bullsquids and others fry.
Cake: it's not true. You'll get beans and you'll like it.
Long Fall Boots: It's semicanon that black ops ninjas use these for high jumping and rapid maneuvers. Maybe whoever gets portal guns should use these for safety.
Red gel: paint on runways to reduce takeoff distance or increase payload.
Blue gel: good defensive material. Coat a vehicle and grenades would bounce off. Filling balloons with the stuff makes deployment easy. As said above, striders & heavy synths would step on the gel and go tumbling backwards.
Moon rock gel: place blue portal in base. Fill grenade with gel, place in grenade launcher. Infiltrate Citadel with gel grenade launcher & portal gun. Fire at suitable surface followed by an orange portal. Handtruck a timed MADM inside the citadel, plus team extraction took 10 seconds.
Animal King: Not sure if it's mobile. Seeing how it's 60' tall its guns are probably upscaled from .223 to something like 85mm. A few of these would shred the hell out of a dozen heavy synths or aircraft. It's also nigh indestructible if the legs were bolted to the ground.
>>
>>29331275

Wait til these fuckers release 3 and it'll finally be over.
>>
>>29331399

Probably a really well-coordinated assault that took out world government, probably a lot of nukes, too.

I just love the idea of taking over a planet in 7 hours. I kind of stole that idea for my novel, one of the chapters is called Nineteen Hours when an entire nation is completely overrun and bombed back to the stone age in the course of nineteen hours. We're talking a huge nation bigger than the US, futuristic sci-fi battles, etc... completely irrelevant to thread sorry. Point is I like the idea.
>>
>>29345022

Unfortunately not, this was all the better part of a decade ago.

Has anybody seen Colony? Just started watching it and it's literally Combine Occupation: The Show.
>>
>>29331641
>An actual combine military incursion is implied to be utterly unstoppable. Even

I hope we get to see one some day. I'd love a 7 hours war game that followed Barney and Alyx getting together and escaping along with the doctor and eli and those other faggots.
>>
>>29332227

>striders+blue gel=comedy gold

10/10 top fucking kek
>>
>>29347569

How did they all survive and end up in fucking Bulgaria anyway
>>
>>29332443

This dialogue was worth waiting around for in the game. The dude went full sperg and refused to continue teaching. I was kekking my ass off.
>>
>>29347594
Likely G-man.
>>
>>29347602

It really was. Reminded me of some folks on this very caucasian mattress making forum.
>>
>>29337755

I love how it takes place in bulgaria yet the only weapons left on earth are:

MP7s
SPAS 12s
Glock 18s

Why.
>>
>>29342846

They went 1 for 1 because they were the good guys and good guys always win or some shit. Not because they were well trained.
>>
>>29347644

Those're the only weapons still in production, made by the Combine (or their lobotomized slaves, rather) for use by the Metropolitan Police. Rebels get them by killing cops, or from corrupt cops running them to rebels.
>>
>>29347568
>Has anybody seen Colony? Just started watching it and it's literally Combine Occupation: The Show.

Yes. I wish to watch this soon. It has Lori from walking dead and I want her to die again. Is it on Netflix? Is it good?

>>29344310

Yeah. I still have hope. They've teased shit I know.

>>29344329
>No matter how good the game is, it couldn't live up to the hype and status it has already gotten.

If it adds something decent and wraps up the series and isn't shorter than 8 hours, it won't be a disappointment. Even if it was literally another episode it would be fine.

I HATE the idea that it will be in Sauce 2 though. I want the game to look like old source like it used to.
>>
>>29347644

Good answer from >>29347687. There are still weapons from the pre-Combine era as evidenced by Father Grigori. In the beta version there was AK-47's and if there was an expanded universe for HL2 I am sure you'd see a larger variety of weapons.
>>
>>29347687

But why? No full scale assault rifles? Besides the pulse rifle which works on some sort of space magic shit. The combine are absolute shit at long range combat unless they have a sniper rifle. I know they don't go out in the field much but there has to be some AK or Vepr or SVD caches somewhere. The rebels would absolutely fuck them in long range combat.

I just hope 3 has some new guns to use, instead of just filling up the weapon slots as usual. I can't decide if I want the game to be similar to HL2 or different. I can't even decide where I hope it picks up. Right after Eli's dead? Cut to the helicopter ride?

Not that it's likely to come out anytime soon, so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>29347697

I watch it on Couchtuner, use adblock if you go there.
>>
>>29347702
>There are still weapons from the pre-Combine era as evidenced by Father Grigori.

True. But I feel like unless the combine were REALLY good at weapon confiscation there'd still be lots of caches of old rifles the rebels would be using. I guess HL2 isn't really a long-range combat game though.

I would love to see what is going on in America during this time. I bet there are tribes of fudds living in the woods waging war on Combine.
>>
File: Soldier.png (2 MB, 1679x1080) Image search: [Google]
Soldier.png
2 MB, 1679x1080
>>29347771

>True. But I feel like unless the combine were REALLY good at weapon confiscation there'd still be lots of caches of old rifles the rebels would be using. I guess HL2 isn't really a long-range combat game though.

I think it's more of a gameplay and division of labour at Valve thing. It'd be unnecessary (from a gameplay POV) to spend time and resources on an AK-47 or Sniper Rifle when there's already the Combine-made MP7, AR-2 and the Rebel crossbow.

From a fun standpoint, it doesn't matter of course. And lore-wise, I am sure there's still thousands of rebels around the world using AK-47's, RPG-7's and other funz.

[spoiler]I love Half-Life so much. It's been the one good constant in my life for the past 12 years. [/spoiler]
>>
>>29347751

The Metropol weren't for combat, they're for kicking around the civilian populace. The most they were likely expected to face was a halfhearted bread riot, so why give them a REAL FUCKIN NATO gun if all you're shooting at are scarecrows in jumpsuits?

That would also give an explanation for them hipfiring their MP7s, they're trained for crowd control.

>I just hope 3 has some new guns to use

Agreed with you there, famalam.
>>
>>29347751

while admittedly very efficient in terms of ammunition storage the AR2 was absolute ass in other respects. It wasn't particularly accurate, the ergonomics looked extremely shitty, it suffered balistically in that it took way too many shots to kill your standard human, it lacked anything resembling select fire, the energy launcher mounted on it was slow and volatile, and the sight picture I imagine was rather poor with the magazine jutting up into it.
>>
>>29347751

>But why? No full scale assault rifles?

I could think of some reasons (or excuses) for that;

1: They never expected any large-scale resistance. Dropping headcrab cannisters to clear hideouts and Striders to blow things up if they are really dug in, they never saw the need to mass-produce any. The Combine seem to be pretty pragmatic after all, why waste resources on weapons that might not be used when you can use that on other fronts around the multiverse.

2: The Combine never encountered a small, bipedal, two-armed race like us before (even the Vortigaunts have natural lightning powers) and thus are really slow on the uptake (doesn't explain why they didn't copy existing weapon designs, like they did with helicopters).

3: Combine used human-wave tactics if things got really hairy, since they are so absolutely bloated man/synthpower-wise that giving them MP7s and AR2s was the cheapest, easiest way to deal with any large-scale resistance. I don't think Breen's inept administration helped matters in any of the cases.
>>
I've always wanted a film adaptation of HL1. That would be so badass.
>>
>>29347872

That's true. It'd be stupid of me to actually criticize the game for not having a shit-ton of weapons.

>>29347875

The Combine soldiers are actual ground troops, though. I don't know what the "real" combine infantry are but those seemed like the rank and file at least. Love the art, thanks for posting it.
>>
>>29332227
Holy lol the striders and blue gel
>>
>>29347889
>the sight picture I imagine was rather poor with the magazine jutting up into it.

True. I wonder if it was meant to have optics or a laser dot or something.

[spoiler] The real reason is, it looks cool and valve doesn't give a fuck about realism. but it's still fun to overanalyze them. The AR-2 really needed to be more accurate though [/spoiler]
>>
>>29347988

> #2

They invented the Ar2 though. That's definitely a combine weapon.

I guess there's no point in trying to explain it entirely.

> since they are so absolutely bloated man/synthpower-wise that giving them MP7s and AR2s was the cheapest, easiest way to deal with any large-scale resistance. I don't think Breen's inept administration helped matters in any of the cases.

I find the idea of MP7s being a cost effective way to equip soldiers, hilarious.

But I completely agree with the rest of your post.
>>
>>29344037
man the internet is a small place
>>
>>29348113

The soldiers in pic of >>29347872 are Overwatch, those are the guys actually meant for combat, and most of them get the OSIPR (AR-2), while those in the city or in the Nova Prospekt prison complex get MP7s and SPAS-12s.

>>29348145

What he's saying is the Combine don't know what really makes a good human combat weapon, the AR-2 was their latest shot at it.
>>
>>29348198
>What he's saying is the Combine don't know what really makes a good human combat weapon, the AR-2 was their latest shot at it.

This makes sense. Thanks anon my autism can finally rest.
>>
File: Size.jpg (111 KB, 595x720) Image search: [Google]
Size.jpg
111 KB, 595x720
>>29348347
>>29348198

You guys are all right.
>>
>>29348394

And it extends underground to an unknown depth too.
>>
>Use portals to push enemy headquarters into a portal
>so Dallas wouldn't melt down
>only goes odd harmless in Atlantic ocean

>???
>succeed at winning the mission
>>
>>29347697
>I HATE the idea that it will be in Sauce 2 though. I want the game to look like old source like it used to.
maybe its taking so long because we'll be getting a complete remastered series in sauce 2, a man can dream can't he
>>
>>29348487

That'd actually be ok.
>>
As someone who was never deployed but I have been in hairy situations (for a civvy) your body will not just assplode as soon as it detects danger. I've noticed that for me at least, it seems like my brain prioritizes the issue at hand (getting away or fighting the fight). Idk the science behind it but every time I've been in a fucked situation, I haven't pooped myself.
>>
>>29349359

Wrong thread?
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>29331275

>Not immediately collaborating
>>
>>29347872
Is this pic canon of the modification overwatch soldiers go through?
>>
>>29331275

>Not collaborating and getting genetic enhancements including the privilege of simulated intercourse

Your seditious thread has been traced and a gunship has been dispatched to your location.
>>
File: 1450195721836.jpg (147 KB, 1000x619) Image search: [Google]
1450195721836.jpg
147 KB, 1000x619
Vote for me of you'll never see the Borealis again.
>>
What's the deal with the Portal/HL timeline?

You know how at the end of Portal 2, after being in stasis for so long, you get tossed up into a beaut field? Does that imply that at some point after HL takes place everything goes back to normal and the earth is fine?
>>
>>29349720
In Nova Prospekt there's a security camera feed showing an overwatch trooper naked from the waist up. They're bald, pale and have a colostomy bag. Also their eyes aren't fused into the mask like that pic.

>>29350379
I interpreted it as happening at some undefined point in the far future. It's a wheat field, and those require lots of maintenance. Combined with the breathable air and decent atmosphere, I'd say Gordon & Co. won.

Unless it's happening concurrently with HL2, in which case Honest Trailers HL3 is still a go...
>>
>>29350476
Oh yeah I remember that now. I saw their larynx was modified for radios somewhere too.
>>
>>29331275
When in doubt, guerilla warfare.

"The guerilla wins if he does not lose. The conventional army loses if it does not win."
>>
>>29331641
This.

What was horrifying about the combine is that you rarely even see them and the majority of enemies you kill are humans and former humans.
>>
>>29350565
You briefly hear Breen talking to Eli about stuff when you're taken to his office at the end of HL2. Shit like sentient weather and things like that, I can't remember what exactly. But that sounds like he's talking about things from the combine side of things
>>
File: 2016-01-28_00001.jpg (282 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-28_00001.jpg
282 KB, 1280x1024
What gun does Alyx use and does anyoen else jack off to her? She has a bit of a man face but dat ass.

Seriously though does her pistol exist in real life? Is it like an Autoglock?
>>
>>29351282
It doesn't exist. It's said that she probably built it herself from different weapons she found.
In the beta, the underbarrel part would fold down into a foregrip, and the back would extend into a stock when RMB was pressed.

The IMFDB guys think she probably used parts of a 1911, Glock 18, and a 93R, as well as a bunch of other shit.
>>
>>29351282
>does anyoen else jack off to her

No, but Judith Mossman gives me a bit of a trouser chubbie. Helps I find her voice actress sexy AF too.
>>
>>29351282
A pistol very similar to hers, called the Voros, does exist. It has a helical magazine under the barrel and slide. However, it has no full auto setting.
>>
>>29334168
A Terrible Game, made by Terrible People.
>>
>>29347988
Supposedly in the early prototype build the combine were using OICW's and the resistence had AK's.
>>
>>29349586
I like Ross Scott's Civil Protection series where all the grim dark atmosphere takes a back seat and focuses on a pair lazy CP officers who are basically the guys from clerks.
>>
>>29351282
Aylx and Zoey...the OG girls that people used GMod or Source SDK to make 3D model machinama porn decades before source film maker.

Now that bioshock whore is used for everything.
>>
>>29351282
While not my Ideal woman, I found her attractive and I dig athletic girls and she's a techie as well. Could really use some help in the hips department but alien occupation and resistence life has affected her with mal nourishment.

Give her a month of eating subway sandwiches and a full weekend spay treatment and make over and she's perfect for a romantic night at finest war torn hotel presidential suite.

Though if it's purely for the survival of the species and we have a limited time window before the mating supression field is turned back on, then all out gangbang bukkake in the street alleys of all female citizens including Aylex to ensure pregancy. Who cares who is the true fathers are, the resistence will raise the children all together like a village.
>>
>>29343936
>>29344037
>Implying HL2RP was ever good
There was a brief swan song period that lasted maybe two or three years when people who weren't total fuckwits managed to find their way into power at TnB as RDAs and SeCs, but even then, it was always futile with the infamous Dave Brown at the helm.

>>29345022
I'm certain that every well-thought out primer and informational that was ever written by any member of an HL2RP community with half a brain has long since disappeared underneath massive mounds of shit. Some of the less retarded types are still out there on Steam and occasionally appear in the communities if you really give much of a fuck - they could and probably still can fill your ear with the parallels between HL2 and 1984/Brave New World/Vichy France/the USSR/etc if you care enough to find them.
>>
>>29337755
>-You know those enemy-homing ricocheting one-hit-kill disruption orbs the pulse rifle fires?
The sound they make is oddly addictive.
>>
>>29354748
They're like the offspring of a beachball and superball filled with unstable matter and audio effects. The explosion sound is unique, though.
>>
>>29354748
One of my favourite moments is in HL2 when you get the zapped gravity gun and get to just punt the energy orbs around the citadel. The sound of a cluster of them bouncing off all the walls is the best
>>
>>29331303
> AR3
You fucking liar
>>
>>29333252
I never thought I'd see the day when Valve become like everyone else. But now they're in talks with JJ "the casual hack" Abrams in making a shitty portal or half life movie.

I remember, a long time ago, a head guy at Valve said in an interview that the only way they would ever do a movie was if THEY did it. And since that wouldn't happen, there would be no movie. And this made me so happy, so proud.

Valve's spirit is dead. Their head writer has left. They're cashing out while they still can.
>>
>>29331595
You have excellent taste, my friend
>>
>>29355071
No brah valve sold out when steam became the real money maker.

Why make games when fans will just buy whatever you can spit out?

Why make story when you can "lel coop and versus mode"? Why make anything when hats sell like Starbucks coffee near a sorority house?
>>
File: 1440287660273.jpg (60 KB, 560x444) Image search: [Google]
1440287660273.jpg
60 KB, 560x444
>>29347588
>>29348119
>>29332227
>>
>>29334071
>Uzi
>>
>>29355652
>hating on Co-op mode

you are cancer
>>
>>29353187

Hahaha what the fuck.
>>
>>29350546

Yeah and a fuckload of guerilla fighters die too but I see your point and it is valid.
>>
>>29348487
Holy fuck, you're right.
>Valve wants to remake HL.
>Steam means they have no need for marketing or adherence to trends, as they are self-funded.
>Entire series being painstakingly remade in secret with Source II.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!
>>
>>29355071
I've already consigned myself to it just being vaporwear. HL3 is just something major company PR faces can hint at with a smirk to generate free publicity whenever they want to and nothing more.

If it ever does come out it will have been literally over a decade since the 2nd game came out, and over 20 years since anyone played HL1 when it was still revolutionizing gaming.

Honestly, I ask myself if I really even WANT a HL3. What the fuck will such a cluster fucked mothballed game turn into at the hands of the musty cash grubbing shitheads who killed the series for some easy money hawking other peoples games look like.

Probably some crazy bullshit that only resembles the HL series as a marketing veneer utterly revamped to appeal to the millenials.

>HL3 is finally released in 2020
>its 4 hours of alyx lecturing on the importance of feminist ideals still remaining relevant in the post apocalypse
>just when you think its over eli vance is resurrected from the dead to explain why black lives matter
>the vortigaunts chime in telling you to check your privledge and not to expect special treatment just cuz you ended thier slavery
>barney calhoun then stops by and finally buys that beer he owes you
>over which you both discuss the importance of not using guns in your quest, cuz guns are scary and bad, only the combine and Civil Protection should own them
>the game ends with the combine reminding everybody that they arent aliens, they are undocumented persons
>the rebels realize the misunderstanding and apologize, agree to check thier privledges and turn in thier scary assault rifles
>they also demand that the supression field be left in place, since its like, super pro choice
>everyone lives happily ever after. The end.
>>
>>29357546

You may be going over the top but I agree with your fears. I would cringe if they introduced anything political into Half Life.

>over which you both discuss the importance of not using guns in your quest, cuz guns are scary and bad, only the combine and Civil Protection should own them

Was I the only one who tried to make it through the entirety of Ravenholm without using guns, just the gravgun? I actually almost made it too.
>>
>>29357997
I got all the way to that part where youre stranded on the rooftop getting mauled by the fast zombies waiting for the gondola when I ran out of stuff to throw and switched to the shottie.
>>
>>29358236

Prostrat: Once you activated the gondola, head back down into the building you went into to get to the roof. Chill in there until the gondola arrives, ezpz
>>
>>29356088
I don't hate coop, nor do I hate versus.

But making games that have no real story, or even worse, games with near identical stories with a fresh layer of paint? THAT is cancerous.

I played couch coop games as a kid too, those are awesome.

Online coop? Great.

Versus? Fun.

Online multiplayer only or playing single where it's just not fun and there's no real story or resolution? Nah fuck that.
>>
File: 1448676311655.jpg (60 KB, 560x473) Image search: [Google]
1448676311655.jpg
60 KB, 560x473
>>29357997
I did it, on hard mode to. Shit sucked, but it felt amazing to finish it
>>
File: 4-8-91 never forget.jpg (55 KB, 749x547) Image search: [Google]
4-8-91 never forget.jpg
55 KB, 749x547
>>29357546
tfw this is very likely
>>
>>29356568
In hl2 the combine project some kind of energy field that disrupted humans desire to procreate. Part of the grim dark and end of the world feelings of the game is that there are no children and the people we are seeing in the city may very well be the last generation of humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ch4wRRHTg

So yeah, in cannon, one of the leaders of the resistance is telling people to bang while trying to escape a city that's going to explode, being harassed by alien wild life and Combine soldiers.

So basically just have your fly down or rip a hole in your pants where your crotch is and get as much sex as you can between fire fights.
>>
>>29358798
The field didn't affect desire, it just sterilized everyone by messing with protein chains.

They used "non-mechanical simulated reproduction" as an incentive for joining civil protection, which wouldn't make sense if they lost the urge.
>>
File: Citizens Females.jpg (91 KB, 466x732) Image search: [Google]
Citizens Females.jpg
91 KB, 466x732
>>29353187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_0r0kByXnk

Some of these citizens are real cuties.
>>
>>29357546
>not aliens but undocumented person
Absolutely halal desu senpai
>>
>>29358876
>They used "non-mechanical simulated reproduction" as an incentive for joining civil protection, which wouldn't make sense if they lost the urge.

Which is very interesting, since Breen says such urges and insticts must be quelled before humanity would be able to "achieve immortality among the stars". Pretty interesting how much depth there really is in the game.
>>
>>29348487
it's 2016 freindo, gaben is making way too much money off of shitty indie games while absolutely monopolizing all PC gaming sales

Much as I want HL3 to be good, if even just to exist or be announced, nobody's livelihood is really resting on it being good or successful anymore.
>>
>>29359167
>it's 2016 freindo
oh I'm well aware, I'm hoping for a remaster, I'm expecting gaben dies of a massive heart attack while in a diabetic coma and the next guy in line says "fuck you there's never going to be a half-life 3, and you need a steam box to use your steam accounts now because if you don't the drm will nuke your PC"
>>
File: hl-20090112-020858.jpg (37 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
hl-20090112-020858.jpg
37 KB, 620x465
>>29331275
>How do we end the Combine invasion?

Obviously M203 grenade launchers on the MP5 platform.

It's a weapon of mass destruction basically.
>>
>>29333374

I was gonna say it's more like the Black Sea coast. Anon confirms:>>29333592

I lived on the Baltic shore and it's very different. Stormier, flatter with beaches.
>>
>>29331275
One of this things that I love in HL2 it is main enemy. Combine looking very superior: using best technology, tactical as fuck, etc. Gordon and his party is literally lucky.
>>
File: Gman.jpg (32 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Gman.jpg
32 KB, 1024x576
>>29360594

>Lucky

Luck had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>29360594
Let me post CCA for proof
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165571445
>>
>>29360622
I mean all this supplies everywere, fucking suit and stuff
>>
>>29354748
I'm NOT the only one!

I went through huge volumes of the game never using any other high-tier weapon because ammo limitations, but I was addicted to those motherfuckers, especially in Nova prospekt with all those tight quarters and blind corners.

Combine plinko / 10
>>
>>29357997
>political into Half Life
There were some. The HECU marines were psychopathic bullies originally, it was later retconned into a misunderstanding. In Episode 2 one of the rebels in the antlion mineshaft standoff stumbles gramatically and says "misunderestimated" just like W.

Other than that, it's pretty open to interpretation. Guns keep you alive and free, isn't that enough?
>>
>>29357997

>Was I the only one who tried to make it through the entirety of Ravenholm without using guns, just the gravgun?

I did it just for the achievement.
>>
So are there any theories about the Gman? Like who he works for, what his goal is, etc?
>>
>>29360639
Again, that's not luck.
Everything is orchestrated by the Gman

>>29361122
Could be Gordon from the future or some shit, is one of the theories.
Other theory is that he himself is also an alien just human looking and fucks with people just for fun

>>29360761
>antlion mineshaft standoff
Fuck that's such a good scene

Right that's it boys I'm playing HL2 again
>>
>>29361122

Many. The least retarded/most implied one is that he is some form of middle-man between his unseen employeers and Gordon/others and I vaguely remember some guide or whatever back when HL1 was new refering to him as an "integalactic bureaucrat".
>>
>>29361192

>Everything is orchestrated by the Gman

Technically this, but I'd say it's more a combination of Gman interfering (dropping Gordon off at the exact right time in City 17) and Gordon being an exceptional individual.
>>
>>29361208
He is pretty exceptional but a lot of stuff is obviously orchestrated. Which begs the question, Eli is aware of the Gman, I wonder who else is? Or is he mostly an unseen hand?

Also is it ever explained just how Eli knows the Gman?
>>
File: Stalker.jpg (667 KB, 600x874) Image search: [Google]
Stalker.jpg
667 KB, 600x874
>>29361503

Breen, the Vortigaunts and Eli know about him, that's for sure. After all, Gordons contract was open to the highest bidder. Eli must've bid the highest.

Eli and Gman came into contact back in Black Mesa but the exact circumstances are not known yet.
>>
>>29361595
I interpreted it as not Eli as the bidder, but some other beings that backed humanity instead, and Gordon happens to be the figurehead
>>
File: 1446596419126.jpg (110 KB, 906x813) Image search: [Google]
1446596419126.jpg
110 KB, 906x813
with a columbine invasion
>>
>>29357997
>just the gravgun

>Fucking flinging giant sawblades at everything
>There's one room you pass through that has explosive welding bottles (I think)
>Used to set zombies on fire all the fucking time
>"EEGHMAH WORYLAWAYHE YWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
>>
File: 1397447409722.jpg (208 KB, 818x976) Image search: [Google]
1397447409722.jpg
208 KB, 818x976
>>29358906

> Some of these citizens are real cuties.

Indeed they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_gRyrEik4
>>
>>29361830
I remember the first time I played the game and was in Ravenholm. It was like 9pm IRL, no lights on, with headphones. The immersion was incredible.
Making it to the end, when you're coming up through the tunnel and there's the light at the end? Magical moment. Pretty much sealed it as being one of my favourite games of all time there and then.
>>
>>29333902
>muh american police state
quit your whining pinko
>>
>>29361850

It's like what a edgy 14 year old school shooter would watch in his spare time
>>
Actually:
Is there anyone that's retextured the game in HD?
I know of the cinematic mod but it sucks wang and looks awful.
>>
>>29362275

There's about 40 of them. The guy who made them claims he faps to them. There's one where the QT female medic gets killed in a giant hammer press on some obscure GMod map.
>>
>>29361850
>Civilian Massacre 6
>someone actually made 5 others before this.

Careful with that edge, kid. You'll poke your eye out
>>
>>29362601

There are like 20 of them. Plus a bunch of autistic rap songs. The guy was an edgelord tripfag on some other board who got banned then started posting edgy Gmod massacre scenes because he couldn't spare the money for buying Hatred for some reason.
>>
>>29362601

I am not even kidding here's #17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdXvR97KtN0

HL2 citizens get BTFO with an AK-47 and what looks like a tacticooled Remington shotgun
>>
>>29362601

Yeah and here's another one using the Half Life weapons. There's literally like 20 or so of them in total. It's fucked up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4szFp6MvxRw
>>
>>29362586
>a giant hammer press on some obscure GMod map.

... I think I know that one..
>>
>>29362662
>>29362677
>ITT: anon posts his videos to get views
>>
Has anyone noticed that valve likes to tease its fambase, not in a good way though.

At one point gabe told all of his PR people and high profile employees to start slipping HL3 references into press conferences just to make fun of the fans.

So for like a year, devs would attend conferences in HL3 logo t-shirts and be super coy about it just for shits and giggles.

HL3 is the purest form of vaporwear. Its sole purpose by now is to act as a PR tool.
>>
>>29365989
Gabe is a cunt, plain and simple.
I emailed him like 3 years ago asking about HL3 because we were just tired of fucking waiting for anything. He replies that "our favourite things will be unveiled at E3". What did we get? Nothing.
>>
>>29366483

That's hilarious. Just play TF2 to pass the time.
>>
>>29365989
>>29365989
>>29366483
>>29366550

Everyone who works at valve should die. I seriously hope next time they go to E3 all of their PR cunts carpool in the same faggy pedo Gypsie van (you know the kind I am talking about) and halfway down the road they get cut off by a Ford Prius and end up spiraling into the guardrail to avoid it and roll over 30 times, rattling them like baked beans. Gaben would be so fat they wouldn't be able to move his body (it usually takes a crane to get it out) and as a result they had to dig up the highway and make some retarded triple-cloverleaf for traffic to go through. And some guy would hate that cloverleaf and go take a shit on Gaven's grave every night for the rest of his life so that his grave ends up a giant pile of shit under a rebuilt highway overpass.
>>
>>29366606
The amount of effort compared to its content is abysmal. Go spam your YouTube videos elsewhere.
>>
>>29333704
Best wallpaper threads on /b/ not /wg/
>>
>>29367645

What? Is that even a reply to my post?
>>
>>29369442
Yes, see >>29363769

>>29361194
This is my current canon. Also, I have a feeling gman at some point or another phased Eli and Breen out to that empty dark space and had talks with them individually.

Breen must have been told about Gordon's contract, but the Combine's offer of ruling earth was worth more to him. Also, he probably received that cascade crystal sample through similar means.

Eli's contact happened sometime after the cascade, probably something about Alyx in exchange for something else.

I feel like Gordon is just in the dark about this as we are. I would've broken silence some point and asking everyone what the fuck is happening.
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.