[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Babbys first shotfun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 22
File: i-have-neeeew-wepon.jpg (860 KB, 2576x1167) Image search: [Google]
i-have-neeeew-wepon.jpg
860 KB, 2576x1167
Hey /k/, I recently became the proud owner of my first firearm - a Mossberg Maverick 88, obtained from a Cabela's for $179, longer tube and shell sock thing included. A friend took me out shooting today, and it was fucking awesome; I just have a few questions as a new gun owner.
>>
File: triggaloche.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
triggaloche.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
1. Is pic related + soft case + a high shelf enough counter-kid precautions? I have 2 kids in the house with me, plenty old enough (11 and 10) to know that it's a fucking shotgun and might kill your ass to death if you fuck with it.
>>
File: cruiser-ready.png (3 MB, 1920x838) Image search: [Google]
cruiser-ready.png
3 MB, 1920x838
2. Is "cruiser ready" (plus above) a good state for the gun to be in, for home defense?
>>
>>29330517
against your dumbass kids probably good enough
against criminals haha they will just take it and cut the trigger guard off later

teach your kids not to be fuckwits
hell if they are old enough let them shoot a melon or something with it teach em its not a toy
>>
File: longestgun.jpg (752 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
longestgun.jpg
752 KB, 1200x675
3. Will leaving shells in the magazine and the hammer(?) ready-to-fire for extended perionds of time fuck up the springs?
>>
>>29330528
>>29330517

These are counter-intuitive

Just keep it loaded in a safe if you have kids so they can't figure out how to unlock it or bring it to school or show their dumbass friends
>>
>>29330534

After several years, and you can replace the springs
>>
>>29330546
this is fuddlore

you'll fuck the springs if you constantly load and unload the thing
>>
>>29330534
it will fuck up the shells if you leave it loaded for a long time(roughly a year)
the plastic will deform and while it will still work but be harder to pump
its a good idea to shoot that ammo like every 6 months or so.
as for the spring wearing out thats decades later
>>
>>29330533
Yeah, I wish I could. My sister that's living with us while she's in college is the main issue. She's gonna shit a brick and freak out if/when she finds out, and the last time she 'freaked out' we found her in a fucking meth house 3 states away.

So I'm just gonna play secrecy for now, and cross that bridge when I blast Jamal feat. my TV in the face.
>>
File: ATFs.jpg (109 KB, 1177x700) Image search: [Google]
ATFs.jpg
109 KB, 1177x700
4. Is it okay to use pic related as gun lube? Or is shitty fuddlore?
>>
>>29330562

Don't let people control your life, especially not meth addicts
>>
>>29330514

Don't use birdshot for home defense, use #4 buck if you are worried about hitting little jimmy through a wall.
>>
>>29330538
I assume you mean "loaded" as in "one in the chamber." My fear is that, if it gets knocked over, it'll go off. Which is bad. Or is this fear unfounded?
>>
>>29330590
I've heard this, I plan on ordering some off of cheaperthandirt. Guy at Cabela's bought me 2 boxes of 25 as a gift, so I didn't walk out with nothin'.
>>
>>29330555
>trips don't lie

Just to be clear, it's the change/movement that fucks up springs, not the compression?
>>
>>29330601
I keep mine loaded chamber clear. The pumping sound DOES scare people off sometimes.
>inb4 it's a meme
Your kids are 10 and 11? That's old enough to understand not to play with guns. Let them shoot it so there's no forbidden attraction.
>>
File: counter-terrorists-win.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1561) Image search: [Google]
counter-terrorists-win.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1561
>>29330655
>let them shoot it

see >>29330562

I'll definitely let them use it once my sister's gone, which should be around this august. But for now I'm just gonna keep it under wraps, cause I'd like to not fuck up her whole 'maybe be a successful person' thing.

>pic related: It's what I've been playing for 3.8 years
>>
>>29330573
Any opinions on this?
>>
>>29330703
It's fine. I use Lucas upper cylinder oil for rotating parts and valvoline red chassis grease for sliding parts. You apply, then wipe off excess with a rag. Clean with Ed's Red after every range trip or every three month's and then reapply lube.
>>
>>29330793
CONTENTS: Ed's Red Bore Cleaner
>1 part Dexron II, IIe or III ATF, GM Spec. D-20265 or later.
>1 part Kerosene - deodorized, K1
>1 part Aliphatic Mineral Spirits, Fed. Spec. TT-T-2981F, CAS
#64741-49-9, or may substitute "Stoddard Solvent", CAS #8052-41-3, or
equivalent, (aka "Varsol")
>1 part Acetone, CAS #67-64-1.
>Optional up to 1 lb. of Lanolin, Anhydrous, USP per gallon, OK to substitute Lanolin, Modified, Topical Lubricant, from the drug store.
>>
>>29330793
Cool, thanks. I just didn't wanna get fucked over by fudd's tales
>>
>>29330528
>empty chamber
>home defense
no you fucking retard
>>
>>29330816
MIXING:
Mix outdoors, in good ventilation. Use a clean 1 gallon metal,chemical-resistant, heavy gage PET or PVC plastic container. NFPA approved plastic gasoline storage containers are also OK. Do NOT use HDPE, which is permeable, because the acetone will eventually evaporate. The acetone in ER will also attack HDPE, causing the container to
collapse, making a heck of a mess! Add the ATF first. Use the empty container to measure the other components, so that it is thoroughly rinsed. If you incorporate the lanolin into the mixture, melt this carefully in a double boiler, taking precautions against fire. Pour the melted lanolin it into a larger container, rinsing the lanolin container with the bore cleaner mix, and stirring until it is all dissolved. I recommend diverting a small quantity, up to 4 ozs. per quart of the 50-50 ATF/kerosene mix for optional use as an "ER-compatible" gun oil. This can be done without impairing the effectiveness of the remaining mix.
>>
>>29330828
LABEL AND NECESSARY SAFETY WARNINGS:
RIFLE BORE CLEANER CAUTION: FLAMMABLE MIXTURE
HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
1. Flammable mixture. Keep away from heat, sparks or flame.
2. FIRST AID, If swallowed DO NOT induce vomiting, call physician immediately. In case of eye contact immediately flush thoroughly with water and call a physician. For skin contact wash thoroughly.
3. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid breathing vapors or spray mist. It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner
inconsistent with its labelling. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. If using in closed armory vaults lacking forced air ventilation wear respiratory protection meeting NIOSH TC23C or
equivalent. Keep container tightly closed when not in use.
>>
>>29330697
>>let them shoot it

Sheeeeeit. I couldn't have been more than 13 when I got knocked on my ass by my first 12 gauge firing.
Good times.
>>
>>29330840
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING "Ed's Red (ER)" Bore Cleaner:
1. Open the firearm action and ensure the bore is clear. Cleaning is most effective when done while the barrel is still warm to the touch from firing. Saturate a cotton patch with bore cleaner, wrap or impale
on jag and push it through the bore from breech to muzzle. The patch should be a snug fit. Let the first patch fall off and do not pull it back into the bore.
2. Wet a second patch, and similarly start it into the bore from the breech, this time scrubbing from the throat area forward in 4-5" strokes
and gradually advancing until the patch emerges out the muzzle. Waiting approximately 1 minute to let the bore cleaner soak will improve its action.
3. For pitted, heavily carbon-fouled "rattle battle" guns, leaded revolvers or neglected bores a bronze brush wet with bore cleaner may be used to remove stubborn deposits. This is unnecessary for smooth,
target-grade barrels in routine use.
4. Use a final wet patch pushed straight through the bore to flush out loosened residue dissolved by Ed's Red. Let the patch fall off the jag without pulling it back into the bore. If you are finished firing, leaving the bore wet will protect it from rust for 1 year under average
conditions.
5. If the lanolin is incorporated into the mixture, it will protect the firearm from rust for up to two years. For longer term storage I recommend use of Lee Liquid Alox as a Cosmolene substitute. "ER" will readily remove hardened Alox or Cosmolene.
>>
>>29330850
6. Wipe spilled Ed's Red from exterior surfaces before storing the gun. While Ed's Red is harmless to blue and nickel finishes, the acetone it contains is harmful to most wood finishes.
7. Before firing again, push two dry patches through the bore and dry the chamber, using a patch wrapped around a suitably sized brush or jag. First shot point of impact usually will not be disturbed by Ed's Red if the bore is cleaned as described.
8. I have determined to my satisfaction that when Ed's Red is used exclusively and thoroughly, that hot water cleaning is unnecessary after
use of Pyrodex or military chlorate primers. However, if bores are not wiped between shots and shots and are heavily caked from black powder fouling, hot water cleaning is recommended first to break up heavy fouling deposits. Water cleaning should be followed by a thorough flush with Ed's Red to prevent after-rusting which could result from residual
moisture. It is ALWAYS good practice to clean TWICE, TWO DAYS APART whenever using chlorate primed ammunition, just to make sure you get all
the corrosive residue out.

This "Recipe" is placed in the public domain, and may be freely distributed provided that it is done so in its entirely with all current revisions, instructions and safety warnings included herein, and that proper attribution is given to the author.
In Home Mix We Trust, Regards, Ed
>>
>>29330816
>>29330828
>>29330840
>>29330850
>>29330858
I recommend printing off the recipe and warning label info and keeping it with the mixed product, especially if it is to be used in a work environment.

This stuff works, which means it is actually a little toxic, unlike the useless (at least for cleaning) vegetable oil crap usually sold to gullible fudds for $15 an ounce.

Keep the label handy in case you get it in your eye or some other place It shouldn't be.
>>
OP here, I'm out. Thanks for all the opinions and info.

Thanks,
>>29330828 thru >>29330858 , I might try that.

g'night all
>>
>>29330886
Vegetable and coconut oils can be used as lube, but they go rancid over time and are shit for cleaning.
>>
>>29330886
Will do. Thanks
>>
>>29330893
Glad to help.
>>
>>29330517
Funny thing, those locks aren't safe or secure.

If the safety is off and the chamber is locked, you can still discharge the weapon with the lock still on.
>>
>>29330514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIJFQO4DIxw
5:30ish
>>
>>29330514
Has anyone ever had any issues with the Mossberg's 6061(?) receiver or any other parts breakage? Warping, cracking, galling etc. etc....I wanna like the 500 but can't get over how much sturdier the 870/Pardner Pump feels.
>inb4 Freedom Group
Yeah yeah I know all about it.
>>
File: stevens_ 19495.jpg (6 KB, 535x131) Image search: [Google]
stevens_ 19495.jpg
6 KB, 535x131
how is pic related for a first shotgun?
i own plenty other guns but never even fired a shotgun before, good for a poor college kiddo, especially before moving onto a mossberg 500 or something similar?
>>
>>29332272
The Pardner Pump and IAC Hawk 981/982 are probably better choices.
>>
>>29330562
Tell us that story please
>>
>>29332281
I like the 982 looking at it actually, thanks. Just slightly out of my price range though, I got the stevens for 175 out the door so that was mainly why i decided on it
>>
>>29330628
yes. this is why loading and unloading a brand new magazine helps break the spring in, making it easier to load.
>>
File: Untitled (28).jpg (651 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (28).jpg
651 KB, 1440x2560
An extended tube 88 for $180 is a damn good deal. I get mine for $180 new about 2 years ago.
>>
File: 2016-03-14 05.03.56 1_resized.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14 05.03.56 1_resized.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>29330514
Congrats OP, hope you enjoy your first scattergat
>>
>>29332287
Second
>>
>loaded magazine
>buttstock shell holder meme
>TRIGGER LOCK
You're a fucking retard. Unload that shotgun right now or take the lock off.
>>
Ayyy, OPs back.

>>29332960

Buttstock shell holder meme came with the gun, lol. Also, why is loaded magazine and trigger lock bad? Why would unloaded and locked be better?

>You're a fucking retard
>Simply posted this thread to shitpost and not learn anything
>>
>>29333423
Not him, but it's a tube. Not a magazine.
>>
>>29333423
>implying this isn't a shit thread
A loaded and locked gun is no better than a fucking stick.

Trigger locks are not secure. Unless you have a small child in the house, they serve no purpose.

>m..mister burglar-san who dindu nuffin, please let me unlock my shotgun before you rape my virgin butthole

Just stop. You're worse than people that conceal carry with an unloaded firearm.
>>
>>29330528
I say yes, the noise of racking the shotgun is a good enough deterrent to keep intruders away.
>>
>>29333598
>muh shotgun racking
>muh stopping power
>muh .22lr bounces around inside your skull
I hate this board.
>>
File: 24c.jpg (93 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
24c.jpg
93 KB, 625x626
>>29333598
>>
>>29333598
>>29333643
>>29333640

Mall ninjas please go.
Not everyone wants to murder someone if they could simply scare them off.
>>
File: ohgodwat.jpg (94 KB, 636x848) Image search: [Google]
ohgodwat.jpg
94 KB, 636x848
>>29333657
>giving your position away to the enemy

I hope they force you to watch your family get raped
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2001) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2001
>>29330573
Get some hoppes #9 for oil and use CLP for cleaning purposes.

Also, I use 3" magnum buckshot / hollow point slugs for home defense. Tube + chamber loaded, safety on.
I also don't have kids. If you're worried about children, get a safe that will prevent them from getting in, or keep it in a place they don't have access to.

As a child, my parents let me and my siblings see guns anytime, the only condition being that we always asked.
It satisfies the cusiousity of a kid and helps them understand
>>
File: campfire-story.jpg (1 MB, 1024x698) Image search: [Google]
campfire-story.jpg
1 MB, 1024x698
>>29332287
>>29332897
Aight.

>2011
>be me (29 at the time)
>sister (23) at parents house, good friends with my wife
>they love to go hang out and shop and shit, it's cool
>one day wife says she's feeling shitty, has a fever, I assume she has the flu or something
>go to doctor
>not flu
>it's fucking stage iv colon cancer
>est. 4 months, maybe 2 years with chemo
>god fucking dammit
>she flat out denies the chemo
>doesn't want me to pay for it
>she doesn't want to suffer
>okay.png
>I figure it's her body, her life, and if she doesn't want to drag it out, that's her choice
>2 months pass
>wife hospitalised last week
>sister decides she ain't having none of that shit
>runs to the ATM and pulls like $6000 out of her savings account while we're visiting
>I tell her to stop, what the fuck are you doing
>She's trying to basically shove the money in the doctor's pockets
>Wife speaks up
>"what do I have to live for, sisanon? what will I do with the last year of my life?"
>sister fumbles for words
>doesn't know what to say
>walks out bawling
>gather shit to go catch up with her, say bye to wife
>see her pulling out of the hospital parking lot towards the highway
>3 weeks later
>wife is dead
>get a phone call from DEA Officer McSprinkles
>"Hello, is this anon?"
>yes
>"We have your sister here at 3 States Away Correctional."
>u wot
>"She was found ODing on Methamphetamine outside a crackhouse."
>u fukkin wot
>half scared, half pissed
>drop kids off with a friend
>instant road trip, just add water.avi
>Pick her up
>She tells me she crashed her car 150 miles back on the first day, fucking WALKED here
>WHAT THE FUCK?
>tells me she also got fucking shot by her meth dealer friend, lifts up her shirt and shows me the half pound of gauze situated just under her ribcage
>jesus fucking christ
>call parents
>tell parents
>drive to parent's house
>get the fuck out, get the help you need
>leave

And she got into rehab and is now in college, studying to be a young-age teacher.
>>
>>29333697
Sup dude? Did you ever get that Elzetta light mount?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>29333721
Jesus op.

Assuming it's not 100% made up, that's sad about your wife.
>>
File: image.png (844 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
844 KB, 640x1136
>>29333734
I didn't order it yet but I have it bookmarked. I have a tayga t120 I'll be mounting on her though
>>
>>29333750
Nice! I'm just waiting on the the backplate sling adapter and a blue force one point sling for mine and then I think I'll be all done with it.
>>
File: youre-a-shrug-harry.gif (736 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
youre-a-shrug-harry.gif
736 KB, 300x214
>>29333741
Yeah, shit sucks. But I've never really been a super sensitive, emotionally charged person so I just dealt with it. I do miss her though.
>>
>>29333721
Christ, man. Good luck with everything. Are your parents able to help you with your kids?
>>
>>29333721
YOUR WIFE DIED.

not hers. pretty fucking selfish attention whoring if u ask me. no offense meant at all towards you anon.
>>
>>29333769
Noice. Do you know if the heat shields are compatible with the light mount?

I'm also considering getting the extended safety lever for mine

>>29333770
Well at least you can handle it. I'd lose my mind if my wife passed

>>29333779
Also, this.
>>
>>29333786
>Noice. Do you know if the heat shields are compatible with the light mount?

No, I don't think so. I wish though. I'm tempted to try the GG&G light mount if I decide on adding a heat shield but I can't seem to find it without the sling loop on top which I don't really need or want since I'll be using a single point and it's just one more thing to catch on something.
>>
>>29333773
Yeah, I send them over there whenever I'm on a business trip or otherwise.

>>29333779
Well, she was her best friend too. I really just want her to succeed so she can stop fucking mooching off me and our parents, without parents being pissed at me for being an asshole to her.
>I am assburgers and hate complex interpersonal relationships
>>
>>29330573
Make sure the gun is not blued.

If the gun is blued, then the blue finish will come off if you use ATF.

Blued steel is apparently a rusting process and ATF is a great anti-corrosive.

You need to find the right oil for your temperature too (for me I use 10w-30).

Mix a 50/50 solution of that and some people add turpentine and that basically makes CLP that's 2x as good a much much cheaper.
>>
>>29333721
the max limit for taking money out of an atm is 1,500 dollars
>>
The real question is when are you going to sell that turd and buy a real shotgun?
>>
File: shurg.jpg (7 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
shurg.jpg
7 KB, 300x196
>>29333869
Idk mane. I guess she stopped by the bank on her way in, I just assumed she used the ATM. All I know is that she walked in with a big fat wad of cash and tried throwing it at the doctor

>>29333887
>turd
elaborate
>>
>>29330517

Get a cable lock that runs through the action instead of that shitty trigger lock.

>>29330528

If you got it for home defense, you maybe need to consider getting a safe that you can open quickly instead of using a lock on the gun. Then that would be an acceptable state to have the gun in, but you might as well just have one in the chamber ready to go, with the safety on.

>>29330534

No, you can leave it loaded it's fine.
>>
>>29334080
>cable lock through action
That sounds like a better option, will look into

>get a safe
I plan on it once my sister's out and I get another gun or two. I don't really think I need to drop another $600 with only one ($180) gun.

Thanks for the info
>>
>>29333672
Looks like someone watches rape porn.

Horsecock pls go.
>>
>>29330562
On a serious note tell your sister shes living under your roof and chill out and inject some marijuana.
>>
>>29331909
Get the pardner pump,its 10x better than current production 870s.
>>
File: Red_Pandainnatree.jpg (143 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
Red_Pandainnatree.jpg
143 KB, 1024x640
>>29333721
Fuck OP, sorry for your loss man have a red panda wp.
>>
>>29330825
Empty chamber is completely legit in home defense situation.
It's not like cc where you may need to draw and fire immediately.
In home defense you are already going to have to retrieve your firearm from where ever it is and you'll probably have time to do so because of being alerted by suspicious noise.
Chambering a round will take relatively no time
>>
>>29331909

I have a Mossberg 500 (7+1 security model), it was one of the first guns I bought.

I've got probably ~500 rounds through it, I've never cleaned it, and I've never had a problem with it.

I worked in firearms for just over three years, and the only times I ever saw a problem with a Mossberg was a couple of police training shotguns that got traded into us. They must have had untold tens of thousands of rounds through them. The finish was completely gone, but they were in overall serviceable shape besides a couple of internal cracks that put them out of service.

So basically, no it's just fine.
>>
>>29330514
Nice OP. Thinking of getting the same model but with a pistol grip. How does it shoot?
>>
>>29333721
So your crazy ass sister is going to be responsible for molding young minds when they are most vulnerable?
Unbelievable
>>
>>29336359
>How does it shoot
Idk. With shotgun shells and shit. Didn't have any malfunctions or jams, slide racked just fine, tube is a little resistant, but I have yet to clean/lube it up yet. I'm happy with it.

>>29336786
Yes sirree. At least, that's her plan. Hopefully I'll be dead before the wee little fruits of her labor come into office
>>
>>29330573
ATF oil will shoot your dog...
>>
>>29336786
>Implying she will ever pass a vulnerable sector screening.
>>
>>29336951
Oh shit, is that a thing?
LETS SEE HOW THAT SHIT PLAYS OUT I GUESS

>>29336938
also kek'd
>>
>>29332739
>i couldn't afford a rem870 and colt revolver: the pic
>>
File: 2016-02-26 07.17.26 1_resized.jpg (909 KB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-26 07.17.26 1_resized.jpg
909 KB, 2656x1494
>>29337091
Why would I want an 870?
>Mossberg 500 is better anyway
>Vintage Stock and Forend
>Sand, stain, and refinish
>Metal trigger housing
>Metal enhanced safety
It was a fun project, now tell me why I'd want an 870?

>colt revolver
Except I bought it to pocket carry not to boast about some classic antique piece. Don't talk to me about what I can or cannot afford.
>>
>>29337170
Dont listen to that faggot people really dont like the new 870's. I hear their QC went down considerably within the past decade
>>
Would it be considered unsafe storage of a weapon if the combination lock is only one tumbler number away from being unlocked?
>>
>>29330562
dont be a fucking cuck dude, shes under your roof, she lives by your rules.

if you want your kids to blast melons with it, she can fucking deal with it.

if she ends up in a fucking meth house because shes a fucking cunt, leave her there and let her taste the consequences
>>
>>29330697
she will never be a successful person she is dysfunctional and not your responsablity she ran off to a fucking methhouse. That is her issue and her fucking issue that bitch needs to get her shit in line in a matter of fact show her this post. I have freaking anxiety disorders and I don't make it other peoples problems I take my meds and deal with it like an adult. I solved my problems, she is being weak wanting to play the victim. She needs to step up and face life or take herself out of it. I hate people who make their problems other peoples problems. I'm willing to help those who help themselves not self entitled dipshits, anon you deserve better, you should not feel like shit for buying a shotgun, it is something as an American citizen you are entitled to. Do not let your cunt sister deprive you of your rights.
>>
>>29330514
That's a good price. How are the staff at cabella's?
>>
1. yes
2. no, trigger locks make your "time to employ" long enough that if anybody comes crashing into your house you'd really struggle to get it off in time (in the dark, with adrenaline, etc). Side note, that's called "condition 3" if you want to be a tacti-cool gun guy. Condition 1 is cocked and locked safety off(or no safety). Condistion 2 is cocked and locked with safety on (as is common with many single action only pistols). Condition 3 is safety off, magazine loaded, empty chamber (commonly used for shotguns and open bolt firearms (ie. uzis back when the secret service used them))
3. Maybe. If you ask many firearms "experts" they'll tell you that spring fatigue can occur due to constant compression, however engineering principles tell us that spring fatigue comes from repeated compression and release over many cycles. The caveat to this is that engineers can't give an easy explanation for dead springs in magazines which have been loaded for a long time.
>>
>>29330517
>plenty old enough
They don't just grow knowledge out of nowhere, you have to teach them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29330517
Get a cheap cabnet
Pic related was about 150 at canadian tire
>>
>>29337261
I know, I meant that they've experienced enough generally (movies, games, books, etc) to know that guns are for killing shit dead.
>>
>>29330844
I was seven, and I stood with my legs together.

My grandfather laughed his ass off at me. I miss him tbqh -_-
>>
>>29332272
I've been looking at a Stevens as well.

Heard they're basic as fuck but a decent shotgun
>>
>>29337297
That's the one thing that always mystifys me I always thought since I was young it was a bad idea to point a loaded gun at my friend johhny. Why do we have 13 year old kids accidentally shooting their friends are they really that stupid they cant understand a concept that I did when I was 8 in a no gunz home
>>
>>29337297
I say you should teach them that guns dont just kill but can be fun and relaxing to shoot and its a perfectly fine hobby.
>>
>>29337247
Very helpful, very to-the-point. Mostly older folk at my shop though (mid 40s to 50s) and even the younger staff seem like they can figure shit out okay.

>>29337214
>>29337235
This is what I've always told myself during shower thinky time. "I can't let her control my life like that, I could rent that room out and make money, I gotta take a stand!"

But she's my little sister, and I'm not gonna just cut her off like that, especially with the end so close in sight.

She's not a bad person, I think it's just that she hooked up with bad people during her high school years and got her into some bad fucking habits and connections. I just don't want to risk fucking it all up for her (not to mention that our parents would never forgive me)
>>
>>29337350
I plan on it, just not yet
>>
>>29337421
The earlier the better m8.
>>
>>29337421
Buy a wing-one thrower. Trust me it's worth the $30.
Buy two boxes of clays (don't pay more than $13 for a box)
Buy a case of cheap herters trap loads (~$55)

Go find some BLM land or find some farmland (a 12 pack of beer is often enough payment to get the to owner let you shoot on it) and start blasting away with your kids

If you're really paranoid make one of those anti-muzzle sweep things out of pvp pipes so you don't get a chest full of shot

Make sure to clean up after yourself
>>
I just saw one of those sell for $159 on gunbroker and it got me interested. Are there any good wood furniture kits for it? Looks like a good shotgun but I hate black plastic.
>>
>>29330697
i had no idea that ordnance disposal used handheld x-ray tubes and casettes to look inside of packages

I'm an x-ray tech and this is beyond fascinating.
>>
>>29330562
>Sister's a meth addict

I hate to break this to you Anon, but you don't have a Sister anymore. You have something that sorta looks like your sister, but a tiny bit different. That's all.
>>
>>29332960
Thinking there is anything wrong with a buttstock shell holder.
>>
>>29337774
This thread is full of opinionated assholes
>>
>>29337859
Pretty sure that's what discussion is for, senpai.
>>
File: 2016-03-11 00.12.00.jpg (3 MB, 1361x2421) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-11 00.12.00.jpg
3 MB, 1361x2421
>>29330514
Welcome to the good life. I had a Maverick 88 as my first scattergun. I recently upgraded when I saw this for a price too good to pass up.
>>
>>29337873
shitposting =/= discussion
>>
NOYCE OP

my moss 500, bought 4 days ago on buds for $350, not too bad
>>
>>29337615
Cool, I'll start doing that. Gotta make some farmer friends n shit

>>29337648
From what I've read, any Mossberg 500 or 535 furniture should fit on here. Haven't tried it, of course.

>>29337887
>>29337895
Thanks, feels good to join the club.
>>
>>29337895

How is the recoil with that grip angle? I was thinking of getting a mossy 20 gauge to throw a pistol grip on and have fun with... 20 because I did not enjoy the only pistol grip 12 gauge I've ever fired, but it was more of a vertical angle than that.
>>
Hey OP, does your shotgun feel solid? I've always heard these were shitty and rattle a lot.
>>
>>29338056
the forends on mossbergs wobble its what they do and part of why its so reliable
>>
>>29338047

The birds head grip is the way to go if you are looking for something stockless. I bought this because I couldn't stand my stock pistol grip either, but I could fire 00 with this all day without anything in the way of pain.

I'm using the raptor technology grip that was like 25 bucks, but you can always just saw down a wooden stock too. It is pretty damn great
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.