[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about the Gewehr 43. I was considering trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: gewehr43.jpg (61 KB, 700x506) Image search: [Google]
gewehr43.jpg
61 KB, 700x506
Let's talk about the Gewehr 43. I was considering trying to purchase one but am largely unfamiliar with. I don't see it talked about much on here. Tell me the ins and outs of it lads.
>>
>>29326523
put boolits in it
it goes bang when you hit the bang switch
things in front of it die
the more times the bang switch is whacked, the more deader they get
>>
>>29326523
Great and interesting collectible.
Not something you want to shoot and abuse.
>>
>>29326523
If you collect WW2 weapons then it's worth it. As a shooter, well I wouldn't really use it as a range toy but I'd probably shoot it a few times just because. I heard they are pretty fragile compared to the M1s and SVTs.
>>
>>29326523
If you plan on buying it to shoot alot. Buy and M1 or an SVT.
>>
/k/ has a very simple formula for deciding if something is "good" or not

>If it's German, it sucks and anyone who likes it is a dirty racist skinhead neckbeard go back to /pol/ REE
>If it's Russian it's badass and amazing and everyone needs as much as possible btw Russia could totally kick the US in a war fucking burgers shouldn't post on their own site
>If it's Jewish it is God's gift to Creation and owning one elevates you to a supreme being of superiority and enlightenment

If it's American you are fat, a normie, and need to go back to Fagcom

This formula works for everything from firearms to planes to military-issue underwear.
>>
>>29327327
Lol
>>
File: 1457497549268s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1457497549268s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>29327327
>>
File: 1453893555898.jpg (500 KB, 728x640) Image search: [Google]
1453893555898.jpg
500 KB, 728x640
>>29327327
Fucking 10/10
>>
>>29326523
It's basically a good gun, but it can be prone to breakage because of old and possibly low quality metals used in some parts, and spare parts aren't easy to come by.

There exist gunsmiths who make their living exclusively fixing G43s.
>>
>>29326523
If you are going to shoot it you absolutely need a shooters kit. Apfeltor is making another run next month and they are generally considered the best.
>>
File: murry_keksmas.jpg (844 KB, 3264x1263) Image search: [Google]
murry_keksmas.jpg
844 KB, 3264x1263
>>29326523
I own 2.

>>29329253
this anon is correct

I have 3 shooters kits, none of them Apfeltor, and none of them work well. Hes a nice guy, his costs the most, but its the best.

I dont feel like a narrative so Ill just make bullet points:

GREAT guns
repro scope mounts may take custom fitting
sometimes its near impossible to get original gas piston off to mount the shooters kit one ---- get a hazmat suit and soak in kroil, OUTDOORS

do the painter's tape test. you want the bolt to clear the mag to load the next round, but not to contact the rear reciever wall. painter's tape across the back will show how far back the bolt goes.

thats really it. fucking love my G43s. if they had been peacetime guns like the Garand, they would be 100x a better rifle. Even as last ditch slave labor made war rifles, they are better than pretty much everything from WW2 era except the Ag42, although I still havent shot an M1941 Johnson, but I will be picking mine up at the LGS on thursday, so soon ill find out how it compares.
>>
>>29326523
It's a German copy of the SKS, just buy an SKS
>>
>>29330014
>SKS

I think you mean SVT-40, the SKS didn't begin production until 1945.
>>
I have one, all milled reciever and bolt carrier which is slightly rarer than rough cast. This guy speaketh the truth:
>>29330009
>I have 3 shooters kits, none of them Apfeltor, and none of them work well. Hes a nice guy, his costs the most, but its the best.
I have a frontline militaria one, they work fine, at least for me, paired with shimming the gas system and replacing the piston and recoil springs.

>repro scope mounts may take custom fitting
I've already spent too much time with a file and my repro mount. def agreed. BTW, I have an eary BCD with no scope rail latch cut, but you can still mount a scope just fine, in case you buy one OP.

>fucking love my G43s. if they had been peacetime guns like the Garand, they would be 100x a better rifle. Even as last ditch slave labor made war rifles, they are better than pretty much everything from WW2 era
Pretty much this. I love my G43, its noticably lighter and more pleasant shooting than its contemporaries (surprisingly little recoil compared to an equivalent k98 on same ammo), and I like the fact that unlike the svt, which is another nice rifle, it uses a rimless cartridge. Reassembling the bolt after cleaning can be a frustrating experience though, imo. And unlike its contemporaries as well, I love how every rifle has a scope rail and the scope is QD. Need to trade my SVT in for one with a rail.

>except the Ag42
I cant comment to this, I own an AG but I havent bought a batch of 6.5x55 yet to shoot it with. I'll look forward though. Based off *just dry-firing* that generation of rifles though, I'll have to rate as follows, at least for a range rifle:
G43 > SVT40 > Garand = AG42 >>> MAS44 = FN49

> an M1941 Johnson, but I will be picking mine up at the LGS on thursday
Congrats! I'm a bit jelly, I haven't gotten around to buying one yet. My SMG FG42 should be done in a couple months though, so I'll have to report back too.
>>
>>29327327
>the g43 is objectively a good firearm
lol mad Wehraboo
Watch a fucking jewtube video
>>
>>29327327
>If it's American you are fat, a normie, and need to go back to Fagcom
So what country are you from? One of the countries we either saved through armed combat that cost our lives and the protection provided by our vast and superior military....or are you from someplace we completely BTFO of?
>>
>>29330009
>>29331118
>I still havent shot an M1941 Johnson, but I will be picking mine up at the LGS on thursday
>My SMG FG42 should be done in a couple months though

Jesus Christ you 2 must have oodles of cash.
>>
>>29333624
cant speak for FG42 anon, but I work for Uncle Sam, he pays me well.

also, i have the best wife in the world. she lets me buy all the guns I want.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.