[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open Carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: 2dEWAwX.jpg (686 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
2dEWAwX.jpg
686 KB, 1000x800
How do you all feel about open carry? Do you prefer CCW?

I just moved to a state that allows it (CO) however I rarely see anybody actually doing it. For all you out there in open carry states how common of a practice is it?
>>
>this thread again
>>
>>29325181
I don't post here often, brah. Feel free to ignore if you find this topic too repetitive.
>>
>>29325169
I've seen three open carries in TN. Two out of the three were well dressed, one was shopping at Walmart and another was working at a Nissan dealership. The third guy (who I also saw in Walmart) was a greasy fuck wearing a tank top and was carrying in a nylon holster, hand casually resting on the grip, while trying his hardest to get some pussy from the fat chicks wearing pajamas standing in line for the pharmacy. Its all about presentation. The first two seemed like pretty chill guys. The last one made me concerned and looked like an idiot. I'm not going to tell you whether to OC or not. I have before for short periods of time while hiking. I would ask, however, that if you are going to OC, don't look like a fucking degenerate. I'm all for desensitizing the public to guns, but Please for the love of God look presentable. If you're going to dress like a piece of shit, you're doing more harm to the gun community than good.
>>
File: H6A53.jpg (43 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
H6A53.jpg
43 KB, 500x750
>>29325169
Open Carry has its place. In my opinion that place is not Walmart or Starbucks, but hiking or camping. Concealed Carry is the smarter option for virtually every scenario outside of general outdoorsy stuff.

Just my opinion though.
>>
>>29325169
OCing is retarded, and in Texas OCfags single handedly ruined CC for everyone by making it a big issue and subsequently getting people to put up correct signage where as before they didn't give a fuck. They also single handedly ruined constitutional carry by being fucking retards and threatening a congressman.
>>
>>29325169

I would do it if I lived somewhere where people wouldn't mind much, however if I lived somewhere where it was legal but somewhat frowned upon I would use a shoulder holster under a button up shirt
>>
>>29326213
Good opinion tho.
>>
I live in CO too.

I can't remember anyone ever open carrying in the cities. In the countryside it is very rare. More in the mountains since folks are worried about wild animals. Almost all is CCW really and even that is pretty rare.

A lot of folks have rifles in their trucks that can get if they need them but that again is more for animals.
>>
>>29326213
This. This right here.
You arent always hunting, but inna woods a rifle is good thing to have. Inna city or inna suburbs a pistol is much better for many reasons. Namely to conceal.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29325169
Open carry is pretty autistic in basically every situation. Concealed carry is a better choice unless it's illegal.

If you're gonna OC, get a nice gun, nice clothes, and a nice holster and don't like like a fucking sperglord.

It's you're right, shall not be infringed etc etc, but don't be an autistic fuck
>>
>>29326259

I actually did see one open carry about two months ago but it was on off duty cop. He was shopping at the store and had a side arm but he also had his badge on his belt too. He still looked a little goofy but he was open carrying rather deliberately to make a statement....
>>
Let's say that I'm going to hike on a fairly well-populated trail (i.e. seeing another person every 10-15 minutes) near a large city. Is OCing in such a situation still autistic?
>>
>>29326725
Most hikers carry in a pocket or pack since other hikers tend to be liberal fagots and you don't want to set them off. But check about concealed carry in your case. Here the sheriff does not give a shit if people carry guns concealed in the mountains and shit. But here if you did open carry without being an asshole no one would care.

There is one giant problem with open carry too. If something bad does happen everyone is going to come running to you to save them. That might not be a good thing... It might limit your ability to just run and hide when that is really what you want to do.
>>
>>29327038
>everyone is going to come running to you

So, if shit went down, I'd have instant meat shields? That sounds like a plus, tbqh fampai
>>
File: 08-j2XyCx0.jpg (87 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
08-j2XyCx0.jpg
87 KB, 600x900
>>29325169
open carry defeats the purpose of carrying. you will just be the first victim if you are open carrying.
>>
>>29325169
OC is for autists.
I mean, I have guns, an autistic amount of guns, but I don't try to carry an AR-15 into a Target. That's just retarded.
>>
I wouldn't do it unless SHTF and I would covert using a coat and avoid displaying my shit to make a mob wanna try me.

Be smart, if you really want to open carry transport to a wooded area where you know people shoot and carry legally. Keep it low profile and then inna woods chamber and walk like you mean it. I fucking get in the woods with my chest rig and go into a full sprint.
Like a mother fucking cheetah i'll let out and only slow down when I think I am crossing mud.

Be smart autist but don't get arrested and "detained".
>>
I open carry when I dress appropriately (I wear scrubs 70% of the time I'm in town). Sometimes I have to do work at night in bad parts of town so I open carry because it's very easy to draw from my holster. I also open carry at night or just whenever I feel like it because it's my right. I don't dress like a shithead. So is it autism to carry a pistol on your hip in GA? I like the accessibility and the first level of force is presence. I carry in the city and in the country. Most folks probably figure me for off duty law enforcement. I don't go for that look and I don't mean to threaten people. I try and be polite and avoid confrontation. Am I making people uneasy or giving off the wrong impression?
>>
>>29325169
>How do you all feel about open carry?

I wish everyone OC'ed, so that I could OC without seeming weird. I'm not bothered by guns at all.
>>
>>29327112
Is that a fucking swiss army knife rubber banded onto the barrel? Is this nigger serious?
>>
File: 1426268255849.jpg (121 KB, 532x854) Image search: [Google]
1426268255849.jpg
121 KB, 532x854
In my opinion, why open carry when you can concealed carry anyways. Why advertise your weapon ?
>>
If you're OC'ing in a urban/suburban area you're retarded IMHO

But if you're hiking and you're carrying a pack and a bunch of other shit, then yeah, it makes sense.
>>
I'll tell you of a little "concealed carry shooting" I stepped into once. This was like 40 years ago....

When I was 17 I was just driving home late one day in my truck and my cowboy hat and I was looking pretty tough.... There was a commotion in the road.... I stopped and got out like the good citizen to join in and see what was going on....

Well, a girl had hit a deer... The damn deer was pinned under the car thrashing wildly. Realize many of it's body parts were scattered around but the main part of the poor thing was still quit alive. It was a horrific mess.... The poor girl was going nuts and everything.

I turned to get out of there ASAP! But this lady pulls a .38 out of her purse and hands it to ME. "Here, you know what to do" she said. Everybody was looking at us... It was like being drafted.... No way out as I noticed the others were all happy that a "man" was going to finally put the poor deer down... There were a lot of moms and kids there but no other men as I remember... Lucky me.... Kids were crying and shit too...

Now I was a save Bamby liberal back then. I only shot paper targets... But it was all just too late. It was really hard. I walked up there and that only made the poor dear struggle worse. I had to get pretty close with the little .38 so I didn't miss and really look stupid... The deer was looking me right int the eyes and everything... I was hoping blood didn't squirt all over me....

It is really loud shooting a .38 under a car! But It was dead just like that and it went well. It all went down pretty fast I thankfully did not have much time to think. I came out looking good. I handed the gun back to the lady with a cold stair and left ASAP! I drove out of sight and pulled over and threw up and cried a little....

So my request to all gun carriers is if you carry, have the balls to do all your own dirty work!!!!
>>
File: tumblr_o2l5js9k6v1unwm78o1_540.jpg (64 KB, 500x755) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2l5js9k6v1unwm78o1_540.jpg
64 KB, 500x755
>>29326197
>Its all about presentation. The first two seemed like pretty chill guys. The last one made me concerned and looked like an idiot. I'm not going to tell you whether to OC or not. I have before for short periods of time while hiking. I would ask, however, that if you are going to OC, don't look like a fucking degenerate. I'm all for desensitizing the public to guns, but Please for the love of God look presentable. If you're going to dress like a piece of shit, you're doing more harm to the gun community than good.
100% correct. When you open carry, you are a representative of the gun community. Conduct yourself accordingly.
(Well-spoken hot chicks OCing could be a yuge PR coup, btw.).

>>29327480
This too.
>>
>>29326213
Gonna back this guy up. OC has it's place, but like any time you do something that could shock people, it's best to do it in the proper context. Coubterprotesting a MAIG rally? Just be sure to dress properly and conduct yourself in a respectable fashion. Going into Wal-Mart? Leave your Tapco soaked SKS in the car.
>>
File: 1373375790074.png (93 KB, 200x204) Image search: [Google]
1373375790074.png
93 KB, 200x204
>>29327905
>>
>>29327905
Did you shoot it in the head
>>
>>29327905
lol throw up from shooting a deer.

I remember having deer parts all around me and the smell of pennies so strong and the ground so red. And realizing I wasn't feeling sick at all be aroused, because I am not a fag like this guy.
>>
File: The_man_America_needs.jpg (141 KB, 562x694) Image search: [Google]
The_man_America_needs.jpg
141 KB, 562x694
>>29328166
That man has a soul, unlike you. That man is what America needs more of. Faggy liberals who stand up and do God's work when their country calls them.

>>29327905
God bless you, deer bro.
>>
>>29325169
I've seen it thrice in 8 years. Once in DQ some guy had a handgun in a shoulder holster. He thanked me for helping his mother, who didn't understand the difference between the lemonade push lever and water push lever (which were on the same spout.) 2nd time was at a cheesesteak place. He appeared to be a detective or something. Third time was a guy carrying a revolver that I passed hiking out in nationa forest.
>>
>>29325169
open carry "out in the country" is fine, but in a dense urban environment, no, just no. I was driving down a busy parkway a few weeks ago, and on the sidewalk I noticed a tall skinny guy, wearing a cowboy hat. Living in the suburbs if Cincy, this grabbed my attention. He had on some generic backpack, had the stupid chest strap snapped, and on his hip was some huge revolver in a tan leather holster. Just a attention whore.
>>
>>29328165
I shot it between the eyes since that was what they did back then. I shot into the base of the skull. That biology class stuff.... But it was really bad having the deer staring back at me... I was just thinking I only wanted to do this shit once....

>>29328166
I wish you were there!!! I would have tossed the gun right over to you!!! Of course, I should have just run over and thrown myself around and the girl that hit the dear.... If I knew then what I know know.... I would have done both ;)

I later knew the lady with the gun. She had only fired it twice before and her husband made her carry it. I should go over and still give here a rash of shit about it :D

Just a note - The big ass Detroit car she was driving was hardly damaged.... I saw here and the car latter too but the deer thing was never discussed. It was one of those thing you spend a lot of time trying not to think about.
>>
I look at the whole thing as liberals can fuck with you if you print, or your shirt rides up. Carry in the open or concealed, IDGAF either way. Live in Texas and I basically never see people open carry, other than gun shops, sporting goods places, pawn shops etc
>>
>>29328443

My apologies for spelling and other grammatical posting mistakes there...

But even to this day, thinking about that event still messes me up........
>>
Phoenix here, I open carry 90% of the time and cc 10% of the time. Here i see 1 to other dudes doing it almost everyday, so im assuming it's normal here? I've never lived anywhere else and I've OCd since I was legally able.
>>
>>29326236
>button up shirt
>shoulder holster

Good god are you wearing shirts 2 sizes too big?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.