[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serrated memes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
>get a serrated knife
>its good for aggressive cuts
>cardboard rope, micro tears scallops
>>
>>29323460

Serrations a shit.
>>
Don't buy shit knives with shit serrations.

I use my Spyderco Salt to cut rope constantly, and I've had the thing for 5+ years of daily USCG use and it's never failed me.
>>
>>29324216
They let you use knives in the Coast Guard?
>>
I think a non serrated blade is better because you can always sharpen it.
>>
>>29324238
Yes? Why wouldn't they?
>>
File: adafrwatafgaexa.jpg (110 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
adafrwatafgaexa.jpg
110 KB, 780x780
heh this knife cuts rope pretty well...
>>
>>29324267
its dull on all sides pal
>>
>>29324267
That picture is so facebook tier that it hurts to look at

>team of surgeons
It takes a surgeon to address a wound from any knife
>>
>>29324249
Well out of all the services, you guys are extra special.
>>
>>29324394
Doesn't the CG require the highest AFQT score for enlistment?
>>
>>29324394
How so?
>>
>>29323460
I've learned through the years of knife use and going through many knives that I will always prefer a small/medium fixed blade, plain edge, and made of carbon steel.
It's just far more sturdy for any task than a folder ever will be, and a plain edge carbon blade is very easy and quick to sharpen over stainless, and correct the bevel and stuff like that.

Only time I might ever consider a stainless knife again is if it were a dive knife, which I don't dive anyways, or if I worked at a marina or something, which I don't. Not sure if I'd bother with serrations.

Don't think I'd waste money paying for another folder with how many I've broken or worn out when you have to do anything more than opening packages. Doesn't matter what company they come from, the mechanism is inherently weak no matter what and a fixed blade for me is only moderately more inconvenient in size to carry.
>>
File: IMG_20130131_003658.jpg (95 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130131_003658.jpg
95 KB, 800x600
>>29323460
VEFF SERRATIONS

CANINE SERRATIONS A SHIT!
>>
File: download (4).jpg (10 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10 KB, 222x227
>>29324408
Still not saying much.

>mfw I have to work with retarded vets on a daily basis
>>
Serrations are shit. Get a nice, sharp, fixed-blade knife without serrations. Need to cut rope? Rest blade against rope, hit back of blade with knife.

You can do that kind of stuff when you have a sturdy knife. Like a buck 119.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 864x576
practical serrations aren't flashy. try cutting a crusty bread with a straight blade.
>>
>>29323460
cold shit's serrations are the worst i've experienced in my whole life
>>
>>29324873
I've fucked up a lot of loaves with a serrated knife
>>
>>29324873
>try cutting a crusty bread with a straight blade.
with a sharp enough knife you can cut crusty bread without a problem.
>>
>>29326748
Yep. Any real chef will just use their razor sharp chef's knife. No fancy serrated nonsense needed. The trick is that it has to be sharp enough to cut, usually with a coarse edge, not saw.
>>
>>29326731
Just cause you're a heavy handed mongo doesn't mean it doesn't work.
>>
>>29326800
not really. most chefs just use a bread knife to cut bread because it's easier. I was just saying you can cut bread with a straight blade if you wanted to, not that you should.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.