[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a better AR style weapon for big game (moose and bear)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Is there a better AR style weapon for big game (moose and bear) hunting than the Noreen BR36?
>>
We ARMA 3 .338 sniper now.
>>
famas
>>
>>29317401
>AR style

>>29317429
Good luck shooting at a bear with a .223. RIP
>>
>45-70 lever gun
>bolt .30-06
>12 ga
All of these cost probably 50% of that shitty looking thing you posted. And they probably weigh an easy 3-4 pounds less.
>>
>>29317444
.223 would kill a brown bear easily with the rights loads, please stop the fuddlore.
>>
There's that other AR pattern gun in 300 win mag. Too lazy to look it up.
>>
>>29317461

That gun is 7lb
>>
>>29317470

I forgot that this is /k/'s version of hunting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDCUBraACBw

Enjoy shooting at paper
>>
>not BAR in 30-06
you can find them cheap in pawn shops and shit
>>
Any .308 AR or .50 Beowulf AR.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (233 KB, 3000x1954) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
233 KB, 3000x1954
>>29317401

Was the MAR 10 not an AR variant?
>>
>>29317541
Browning BAR's are shitty overcomplicated sporting rifles with low capacity and difficult takedown.

Get a fucking Surplus 8mm/54R/7.5/6.5/.308/.30-06 from a store and throw a scope on the bitch and use that.
>>
.308 and .30-06 are exactly the same, but the 30-06 bullet can be bought with higher grain and they are longer. .308 was created because the military loved the 30-06 but they wanted a shorter cartridge for logistics purposes. They hardly make a difference in which one you use if you are shooting at 150 yards or less. I've taken down 1,200lb Moose in Montana with my AR15 (took 12 rounds). When it comes to hunting, it's all about shot placement. You can shoot a 50 cal in the belly of a big grizzly and it is still gonna tear the fuck out of you before you can reload your 35lb rifle. For big game, you either need a semi-auto or hit the heart/lungs first shot.

If you are shooting at a longer range, then a AR 30-06 rifle would be worth it, else save your money and get a AR10 style rifle. Besides that, it honestly doesn't matter.
>>
>>29317667
i was under the assumption that OP wanted semi-automatic operation
and i have never had any problems with my BAR, it works every time i have ever pulled the trigger
>>
>>29317679
The caliber is the same, but the cartridges are different lengths.
>>
>>29317845

Pretty much a tl;dr of >>29317679
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.