[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been wanting a nice 5.56 rifle and I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: fabrique-nationale-fn-scar.jpg (38 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
fabrique-nationale-fn-scar.jpg
38 KB, 800x550
So I've been wanting a nice 5.56 rifle and I've never been an AR fan.

I own four Saigas (two 7.62x39, .308, 12 gauge) and love them. Thought I'd get one in 5.56. Saw the Scar.

Anybody have one? What are your thoughts? I've heard it's the Cadillac of guns, especially the .308 version, and you'll never go back.

The thing is they seem pricey for something so plastic and fragile looking.

Who here has one and what are your thoughts?

Is the 17s as dreamy as they say it is?
>>
Don't get the Scar 16. It does everything an AR does for more than twice the price.
>>
>>29309742
This.

Personally I don't like the SCAR. Everything about it feels clunky and plasticy. I'm sure it's a fine gun, but I don't think I would drop the dosh on one.
>>
>>29309714
Dont get this in 556. Build your own for half the price with good parts. If you wanted it in 308 it would be worth the price because its my favorite rifle
>>
>>29309714
PSST: the FNAR is just as good as the SCAR, if not better for everything except indawoods.
>>
>>29309714
Having fired and fingerfucked one a good amount, it's worth it as a cool looking gun that most people don't have, but as far as ballistics/accuracy wise it's not much different than a high quality AR.

You do you
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
>>29309714
I used to own a 16s but have since sold it and put it toward a 17s. It was great shooter and now has a nicely developed aftermarket with its only real downside being the price. That being said, if you want a non AR 5.56 rifle, the MCX can be had for as low as 1,400 dollarydoos if you have some patience on gunbroker. After market isn't as developed but I already like mine more than I did my 16s just from a weight and handling perspective
>>
>>29310248
Have you seen any MCXs with the 9" 300 blackout uppers?
>>
File: 1455545851314.jpg (661 KB, 1600x1407) Image search: [Google]
1455545851314.jpg
661 KB, 1600x1407
>>29309714
>I've heard it's the Cadillac of guns

ITT: Poorfags suggesting you buy a Kia because it gets you from 'A' to 'B'.
>>
>>29310363
why? why does it have that big clunky fuck ugg boot of a buttstock?
>>
>>29310370
This

Honestly if it weren't for the stock I would buy one.
>>
>>29310370

Because it's extremely comfortable, lightweight, durable, snag resistant, and user adjustable - which is everything a good stock should be. I'm sorry you felt that "looking cool" should have been a higher priority for FN's engineers, but you can always swap it out with your favorite AR stock or ACR stock if you'd prefer. Personally I love the asthetic of the boot because it matches the flow of the rest of the weapon.

TL;DR: Your taste a shit.
>>
>>29310406

No you wouldn't. You're just making excuses for being poor.
>>
>>29310280
I haven't been in a gun store since January, but apparently .300 blk uppers are out now on pistols
>>
>>29309714
OP, check out the Sig Sauer MCX. It's lighter weight, more accurate, and more modular than the SCAR. And looks better. I paid less than 1400 for mine, with good ammo it is Sub MOA. For the price of the SCAR you can get an MCX with an optic, and maybe also a new trigger.
>>
>>29310442

That's the only thing I'm worried about. The stock looks plastic and non-durable. I'd just hate to have a nice gun but the plastic breaks and make it a Mickey Mouse toy.

What kind of plastic do they use on it? I know there are plastics out there stronger than steal and better dealing with the elements.

It's just hard to get over the "plastic is cheap material" mindset.

>>29310533

The other one I've been looking at is the civilian HK416.
>>
>>29311872
>plastic is cheap material
Yankeemarshal pls go
>>
>>29311872

The SCAR stock has an internal skeleton made of aluminum. Any given scenario that might break that will break you first.
>>
>>29311872

>The other one I've been looking at is the civilian HK416.

Buy it son..
Life is awesome if you own one or several of the MR rifles.
>>
>>29312169

The only bad thing I've heard is the MR556 is watered down from the 416 while with the SCAR FN just made a semi auto version.

That's the only concern I have. If I'm paying top dollar I want a top dollar product.
>>
Buy AK in 5.56 like Beryl for example.
>>
>>29309714
dont get the m16 its way overpriced
m17 is arguably the best battle rifle on the market, tho not in terms of affordability
>>
>>29312528
>overpriced

Well of course it's overpriced, FN is in the business of making obscene profits. However to say that the 16S is overpriced and the 17S is not when they share over 80% of the same parts is pretty ignorant. They're BOTH overpriced, but that's okay.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.